PDA

View Full Version : After the boat is out of the water?

100mbs
09-08-2004, 02:37 PM
What does everyone wipe their boats down with, right after taking them out of the water?
Just a Towel?
Some Sort of Spray Cleaner/Wax?
Nothing?
**Sorry if this topic has already been posted.

lucky
09-08-2004, 02:39 PM
And Windex The Polish .

Big_Gunz_
09-08-2004, 02:46 PM
50/50 vinegar and water mix in a spray bottle. Spray it on, wipe it off, takes about 15 minutes after I take it out of the water. (Helps with the water spots)

racecar.hotshoe
09-08-2004, 02:50 PM
50/50 vinegar and water mix in a spray bottle. Spray it on, wipe it off, takes about 15 minutes after I take it out of the water. (Helps with the water spots)
Hey doesnt massengale make those:D

likeFATHERlikeSON3
09-08-2004, 02:52 PM
meguiars Quick Clean Marine :cool:

Mr.Havasu
09-08-2004, 02:53 PM
I sell a spray wax that is the best thing since sliced bread. It's called Waxing Frenzy and it removes the water spots while leaving behind a nice shine. It will not streak or take the wax off like Vinager and can be used in the direct extreme sunlight here on the colorado river.
You can order it at my web site, there is a link below on my signature line and I will ship it out to you tomorrow. Or if you are coming to Havasu you can pick it up at my place (Right off highway 95) and save on shipping.
John

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-08-2004, 02:54 PM
I use the 50/50 vinegar and water most of the time which does eat the wax off the boat. Every 2-3 times I use this: http://attn-to-detail.com/frenzy_spray_wax_2.html Warlock25 (John) is the guy to contact and order some of this.
Expensive to use everytime but it works extremely well.

NorCalCat
09-08-2004, 02:54 PM
meguiars quick detail spray wax.

rivercrazy
09-08-2004, 02:56 PM
meguiars quick detail spray wax.
Ditto - works great and extends the life of a fresh wax job

HCS
09-08-2004, 02:57 PM
I don't. When I get home I wash it. If it's dark I wash it the next day.
We don't have hard water up here in nocal. Doesn't seem to be a problem.
I get some water spots. So once every spring I buff and wax everything out.
Now when I had a painted boat that was a hole different story. I had to wipe
it down right away everytime I pulled it out of the water.

hipcash
09-08-2004, 03:07 PM
My buddy just got some and it works great. He had all of the neighbors in the Beachcomber trying to buy it off him
Hipcash

Captain Dan
09-08-2004, 03:18 PM
Short of any store bought products, wet a towel in the water that the boat came out of and wipe it down with that, then follow with a dry towel. Most of the spots come off, (except those dried onto your transom all day).
The water is the same pH as the spots that created them, and the majority of them come off. :mix:

Captain Dan
09-08-2004, 03:20 PM
I sell a spray wax that is the best thing since sliced bread. It's called Waxing Frenzy and it removes the water spots while leaving behind a nice shine. It will not streak or take the wax off like Vinager and can be used in the direct extreme sunlight here on the colorado river.
You can order it at my web site, there is a link below on my signature line and I will ship it out to you tomorrow. Or if you are coming to Havasu you can pick it up at my place (Right off highway 95) and save on shipping.
John
I'm going to be in Havasu this weekend - where are you located? What hours?

cc322
09-08-2004, 04:52 PM
Nautical reflections works great 9.00 a bottle at west marine

FRENCHIE
09-08-2004, 04:57 PM
unless due for a wax...pure drinkin water and wet towel...followed by a dry one!! :wink:

Boozer
09-08-2004, 05:04 PM
I always went from the lake to a do it yourself car wash. That pressure washer blasted everything off.

SoCalHD
09-08-2004, 05:26 PM
I do the same as Captain Dan, after pulling the boat out of the water, I dunk a towel-then head to the parking lot for the wipedown w/wet followed by dry towel.

clownpuncher
09-08-2004, 05:30 PM
John
That stuff works great. Kinda like a wash and wax between details, in the time it takes to wipe your boat down. My boat is always shining with that stuff

LUVNLIFE
09-08-2004, 07:32 PM
I'll have to ask Mrs.Luvnlife what she uses :D

CBLavey
09-08-2004, 08:48 PM
50/50 mix of Windex and water. Fantastik on the upholstery. Keeps the boat looking like new...

ROZ
09-08-2004, 09:15 PM
Yo 100mbs, TOBTEK also has a few products that work really well. He lives here in San Marcos ;) PM him.

BajaMike
09-08-2004, 09:28 PM
50% white vinegar (you can get it cheap at Walmart by the gallon) and 50% distilled water...works great...learned it from "Shockwave Tom".
:cool:

HighRoller
09-08-2004, 10:01 PM
Drink beer...worry about it later.

Captain Dan
09-09-2004, 08:13 AM
50/50 mix of Windex and water. Fantastik on the upholstery. Keeps the boat looking like new...
Does the ammonia in the Windex strip the wax like vinegar does? :idea:

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-09-2004, 08:16 AM
Does the ammonia in the Windex strip the wax like vinegar does? :idea:
I am sure it does. Just make sure you keep the boat waxed from time/time and it should be a non-issue. Vinegar/water is you most efective option cost wise.

Danhercules
09-09-2004, 08:27 AM
I got these yellow rags from Cosco, ya get them wet, Kinda like a shami, and I use a little drinking water and wipe down. i dont see any waterspots after, but my boat is yellow, works great on the Alum and chrome too.

phebus
09-09-2004, 10:05 AM
20% Suave hair conditioner and water. Works great, doesn't remove wax, and it seems to waterspot less.

Desert Rat
09-09-2004, 10:16 AM
I got these yellow rags from Cosco, ya get them wet, Kinda like a shami, and I use a little drinking water and wipe down. i dont see any waterspots after, but my boat is yellow, works great on the Alum and chrome too.
Those are the Micro Fiber towels and they work great. I used to use vinegar and water 50/50 now I just use these towels.

moneysucker
09-09-2004, 10:39 AM
20% Suave hair conditioner and water. Works great, doesn't remove wax, and it seems to waterspot less.
Can I use Herbal escenses instead? I just want to make all the O sounds as I dry. I use Eagle one wax as you dry at the sand bar and when I get off the water. Black boats are a bitch. I have used rain x wax as you dry but it is thicker and I might as well actually wax the thing.

HalletDave
09-09-2004, 10:45 AM
I thought the 50/50 douche ingredients used to be the bomb until I found some Summers Eve that some female left in the Hallett.
It sure smells better than the dirty socks odor of the vinegar/water. :D

TOBTEK
09-10-2004, 05:11 PM
wow...nobody that has used our new spot remover/polish piped in.... :idea: hmmmmmmm guess I need to spread the word more. Or everyone that has used it is at the DCB regatta right now :mix: I would put our new product up against anything out there. :lightsabe I've been going to the river for 36 yrs now, and its the most impressive thing I've ever used....period! I wouldn't have invested this much time and money into bringing a product to retail market if it wasnt the best. We also have a transom cleaner for the I/O guys with soot issues, a interior cleaner thats amazing(just ask RUBTHIS and SDMIKEY ;) ) and a finishing wax. Hopefully if everything keep going like it is now, we will be full bore by next season.....I do have small amounts of product now for friends and family ;)

Mrs.Racer277
09-28-2004, 05:28 PM
Just received my Frenzy Spray Wax today. :D Had to run out and give it a try.
It worked GREAT. Very easy to use. And an added plus it smells good. The other stuff I was using was smelly, messy, and used alot of elbow grease.
Thank you Warlock 25.

Debbolas
09-28-2004, 05:31 PM
meguiars Quick Clean Marine :cool:
We use this as well as Vinegar and Water. We let our guests for the day use the good smelling stuff, I end up smelling like a salad! It makes a HUGE difference to wipe your boat down when you take it out. :cool:
We use these as well....
Hint: for dog hair in your carpet...I keep a little vacumn on my boat, but when I am detailing it, I use the sticky tape rolling thingy, really lifts the dog hair right out! :wink:
And we LOVE Warlock25's Frenzy products. His silcone treatment for boat seats is especially good! :clover:

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-28-2004, 05:45 PM
towel and waxing frenzy.. :p

Mrs.Racer277
09-28-2004, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the tip Deb, I will have to try the silcone treatment for the seats. I could use some too. ;)

Debbolas
09-28-2004, 05:55 PM
Thanks for the tip Deb, I will have to try the silcone treatment for the seats. I could use some too. ;)
It works awesome! Pretty much anything can be taken out with a brush and some simple green (be sure to rinse after!) And be sure the seats are clean before you seal them. Then they get nice and slippery! :D
He also has a nice orange cleaner to dilute for the seats. :D

Mrs.Racer277
09-28-2004, 06:16 PM
It works awesome! Pretty much anything can be taken out with a brush and some simple green (be sure to rinse after!) And be sure the seats are clean before you seal them. Then they get nice and slippery! :D
He also has a nice orange cleaner to dilute for the seats. :D
We did the simple green (yukky smell) and brush and scrubbed and scrubbed. Then we heard about Mr.Clean Magic Eraser. Thats the bomb . Seats look new. So I am ready for Silcone. And Slippery seat. Already had to make a note Do not wax swim step. :hammer2: Figured that out the hard way. Ouch.

Debbolas
09-28-2004, 06:19 PM
We did the simple green (yukky smell) and brush and scrubbed and scrubbed. Then we heard about Mr.Clean Magic Eraser. Thats the bomb . Seats look new. So I am ready for Silcone. And Slippery seat. Already had to make a note Do not wax swim step. :hammer2: Figured that out the hard way. Ouch.
OUCH!
After walking on the backs of boats at Gasoline Alley, I learned to step on the vinyl part. I was on a very nice DCB boat. :rollside:
We LOVE the Mr. Clean Eraser, just be kinda carefull with it. I think it may be abrasive.

Mrs.Racer277
09-28-2004, 06:24 PM
OUCH!
After walking on the backs of boats at Gasoline Alley, I learned to step on the vinyl part. I was on a very nice DCB boat. :rollside:
We LOVE the Mr. Clean Eraser, just be kinda carefull with it. I think it may be abrasive.
I will keep that in mind. I thought so myself. Used in on the walls in the house. Thanks :)

WUTWZAT
09-28-2004, 07:14 PM
I heard the best thing for the finish of a boat is to get the women folk all oiled up and have them roll around on the deck, but becareful, it can get slippery quick. :D
Jason

Big Warlock
09-28-2004, 07:20 PM
A can of Johnson's furniture polish and the blue, paper shop towels. It works and makes the finish look good. The only thing is having to clean the transom after a day of running hard. The black stuff takes some serious cleaners to remove. They have some marine products that are effective.
Good luck. :hammerhea