PDA

View Full Version : Cad Escalade

clownpuncher
09-08-2004, 06:12 PM
Does anyone have any input on these things? Good, bad?
Wifey wants one. Never been in one,but, she wants one

Kilrtoy
09-08-2004, 06:14 PM
Buy a tahoe and save 25K

FRENCHIE
09-08-2004, 06:14 PM
Does anyone have any input on these things? Good, bad?
Wifey wants one. Never been in one,but, she wants one
my best friend has an 03 on 24's awesome ride , good power, lots a room and boomin bose system...safe for the wifey also!! :D

Kilrtoy
09-08-2004, 06:18 PM
my best friend has an 03 on 24's awesome ride , good power, lots a room and boomin bose system...safe for the wifey also!! :D
safe I dont know about that.
I saw an accident last week the ESCALDE lost his ass and the toyota pickup truck and MERCEDES it hit were barely dented....

clownpuncher
09-08-2004, 06:18 PM
Buy a tahoe and save 25K
She want' too crazy about the tahoe. SHe liked it, she just didn't loooove it.

FRENCHIE
09-08-2004, 06:19 PM
I saw an accident last week the ESCALDE lost his ass and the toyota pickup truck and MERCEDES it hit were barely dented....
oh you musta gone out of town then for the day!??? :confused: :D

clownpuncher
09-08-2004, 06:20 PM
Safety shouldn't be judged be visible body damage. You know about crumble zones and shit I'm sure.
Frenchie, I did tell her that the price of the Escalade would HAVE to be increased by quite a bit to add on the wheels and sound, no doubt.

RandyH
09-08-2004, 06:21 PM
If those are the AWD then I would pass. We bought a Denali for the wife and it sucks the gas pretty bad. I drive a XL 2500 and in my opinion it rides better and gets way better mileage than hers with the same motor. Maybe the long version rides better. Dont know.
Good Luck, Its hard to say no after they want it.
RandyH

Kilrtoy
09-08-2004, 06:22 PM
Well, he(SOLO DRIVER) was also in the most need of medical attention of the three cars, so I dont know....

FRENCHIE
09-08-2004, 06:23 PM
Safety shouldn't be judged be visible body damage. You know about crumble zones and shit I'm sure.
Frenchie, I did tell her that the price of the Escalade would HAVE to be increased by quite a bit to add on the wheels and sound, no doubt.
Not to hijack your thread bro...but we gotta place also at Palm Desert resort off country club we go to once a month or so ...down from the marriot....and go to river walk pf changs, yardhouse etc...would like to go by your rest sometime...its up on el paseo right!!?? :confused: :D

clownpuncher
09-08-2004, 06:27 PM
Not to hijack your thread bro...but we gotta place also at Palm Desert resort off country club we go to once a month or so ...down from the marriot....and go to river walk pf changs, yardhouse etc...would like to go by your rest sometime...its up on el paseo right!!?? :confused: :D
Yep, El Paseo. Without the El Paseo attitude and rices. We're just a tiny little local hangout, lots of off duty cops/firemen.
Totall not what you would expect on the Rodeo Drive of the desert. Let me know next time you're around, I'd love to buy ya a beer

clownpuncher
09-08-2004, 06:29 PM
Well, he(SOLO DRIVER) was also in the most need of medical attention of the three cars, so I dont know....
Well, there ya go then. He must have gotten the worst of it. A toyota truck? Damn

FRENCHIE
09-08-2004, 06:34 PM
Yep, El Paseo. Without the El Paseo attitude and rices. We're just a tiny little local hangout, lots of off duty cops/firemen.
Totall not what you would expect on the Rodeo Drive of the desert. Let me know next time you're around, I'd love to buy ya a beer
will do !!! Leon :wink:

MagicMtnDan
09-08-2004, 06:37 PM
It's got the good 6.0L motor but buy the Tahoe and save a boatload of $$$$. And if she's all hung up on the bling-bling factor you can either (a) put Caddy emblems on the Tahoe :idea: or (b) give her $5,000 cash to go shopping with and you'll still be way ahead of the game.

Daytona19
09-08-2004, 06:44 PM
Toyota Tundra pickup truck had and I believe still has the best crash rating for 1/2 ton pickups. I have one and that was a selling point besides its a toyota it rides great, looks great, pulls awesome and has the toyota reputation for quality.

canuck1
09-08-2004, 06:56 PM
Get the Cadi

Kilrtoy
09-08-2004, 06:58 PM
Toyota Tundra pickup truck had and I believe still has the best crash rating for 1/2 ton pickups. I have one and that was a selling point besides its a toyota it rides great, looks great, pulls awesome and has the toyota reputation for quality.
HOLD ON NOW, It was a small LITTLE pick up truck ......
it had a pushed in bumper,
the mercedes had some minor to moderate front end and side front panel damage.
The whole front of the ESCALDE was smashed to hell, the front doors bent in and outward, front window smashed to all hell and interior dash trama. I was actually shocked to see this type of damge with little to no damage on two lesser cars, or so I thought lesser

spute
09-08-2004, 07:17 PM
i have a Denali and my dad just got the Escalade. i don't see TOO much of a difference other than the label. both are nice cars and if you can do it, than do it!!!

roln 20s
09-08-2004, 07:22 PM
I love them, I think they look bad ass. I personally can't justify the 55K+ yet, but if I could, I'd probably have one. I know that MBrown has one, on some 22's that his wifey drive :D
I know there are a bunch of MILFs in Scottsdale and Phx area that roll them--definately a nice MILF ride, but please add some bling.
If you change your mind about the tahoe and give her the 5K to go shopping, call Jay Photoglou 714-552-033--you'll be so glad you did.
Roln 20s

Hallett19
09-08-2004, 07:26 PM
if she doesnt like the yukon/tahoe/denali....... you screwed and need to pop for the escalade. What about a Taureg/Cayenne, those are real nice !

fourspeednup
09-08-2004, 07:44 PM
Hey I saw an escalade frontend get crushed today too :(
Dude was pulling into a parking spot and some chickie opened her door...escalade took it off but not before sustaining some serious frontend damage :sqeyes:
+1 useless post to the count :D

Kilrtoy
09-08-2004, 07:49 PM
Hey I saw an escalade frontend get crushed today too :(
Dude was pulling into a parking spot and some chickie opened her door...escalade took it off but not before sustaining some serious frontend damage :sqeyes:
+1 useless post to the count :D
NOW THAT IS SCARY

MagicMtnDan
09-08-2004, 07:53 PM
NOW THAT IS SCARY
Uh-oh, I smell a Chevy (GM) vs. Ford fire sparking up here :hammer2:

mbrown2
09-09-2004, 01:09 AM
The Escalade is a bitchen ride; much better ride than a Hoe or my HD....345 HP, AWD, and the Gas is not bad....IMO, they look a lot better than a Hoe and are a better value than an H2, or Range Rover....Another to look at is the VW Tourag Turbo Diesel V10...maybe over priced, but specs seem good...I actually thought the Escalade was a good value....fully loaded, brand new 04 with AWD and every option under 46K...Just gotta shop and deal...

dc96819
09-09-2004, 03:15 AM
Its a Tahoe with all the bells on it :smile:

ratso
09-09-2004, 04:45 AM
I saw an Escalade once that was "clipped" by a Hyundai...Hyundai had a couple of scrapes and the Escalade was ripped in half and then blew up, taking out an entire city block...it was the most devastating thing I've ever seen in my entire life... :D
Damn...for all these tall tales we at least need a campfire to huddle around...

RiverOtter
09-09-2004, 04:57 AM
Took my Z71 Burb on the soft white sands of the FL Gulf Coast. Passed a BMW X5 (stuck to his axles), Mercedes ML500 (stuck up to his axles) and an Escalade EXT (yep stuck up to his axles). Buy if I were not driving on sand, mud, and towing a boat, I'd get the Caddy :D
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6801P5290016-med.JPG

mbrown2
09-09-2004, 07:48 AM
Its a Tahoe with all the bells on it :smile:
I know, but the bells include better suspension, engine, and yes the styling on the outside...I luv the bells... :)

Jordy
09-09-2004, 07:54 AM
I know there are a bunch of MILFs in Scottsdale and Phx area that roll them
Roln 20s
What are you doing in Scottsdale? Stay out in the avenews like you're supposed to. :D :D :D
As far as the Escalade, they're plush. I'd roll one but I need the HD so that won't cut it. The g/f wants one though. :D

Kilrtoy
09-09-2004, 08:34 AM
I saw an Escalade once that was "clipped" by a Hyundai...Hyundai had a couple of scrapes and the Escalade was ripped in half and then blew up, taking out an entire city block...it was the most devastating thing I've ever seen in my entire life... :D
Damn...for all these tall tales we at least need a campfire to huddle around...
It is only a camp fire story if your babies momma's , Auntie ,grandmamma's sister, play cousin , 3rd nephew, next store neighbor heard from REY REY that this happened. :2purples:

Froggystyle
09-09-2004, 08:46 AM
I love 'em. I like them so much I was going to put an Escalade front end on my truck this year for SEMA. Decided not to, but whatevs.
If she likes it, there is nothing else like it. This is proof of my theory that those who want the best won't settle. The fact that it is a similar car to a Denali is irrelevant. This one is a Caddy!
Make sure you get some gold teeth... :rollside:

NOTALENT
09-09-2004, 11:06 AM
Uh-oh, I smell a Chevy (GM) vs. Ford fire sparking up here :hammer2:
DId you all know that god drives a ford!!!!! Thats why he walk's all over the place.>>haha :D

ALTERED-EAGLE
09-09-2004, 12:10 PM
Might be a STUPID question, but does anyone know if you can get a Duromax in a Denali Yukon? Wife wants a new ride but likes the power of the diesel in the crewcab she's got now.

RiverOtter
09-09-2004, 12:54 PM
Might be a STUPID question, but does anyone know if you can get a Duromax in a Denali Yukon? Wife wants a new ride but likes the power of the diesel in the crewcab she's got now.
Nope, You gotta get a SD pickup.

blackcloud75
09-09-2004, 05:17 PM
Clownpuncher..........
I have a caddy escalade ext, it is a nice ride. 14 mpg with 35" tires and 6" lift. It still rides like stock with all oem features retained. I feel just as safe in it as I did my 2500 hd. I little more pricey than tahoe/yukon but the same price as a denali. We went with the ext for the functional aspect versus the third seat. How often do you transport people in the rear seat anyway? I have had plywood/home depot items/motorcycles/in-laws in the back of it without problems. It is up for sale to those who are interested. It only is driven back and forth to the river. It is in show condition with less than 25000 miles.
All chrome lift with 18" wheels. Any specific questions on safety shoot'em my way.
BC75

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
09-09-2004, 06:48 PM
Escalade hmmm........... I have been in the market for one for the last 2 months. There are alot of people out here on crack and they want too much $$$$$ so I am waiting for the right price. I spoke to a guy today that worked for a local caddy dealer and he told me that the only problems they had were that a few interior parts came unglued and he also told me DO NOT TOW IN OVERRIVE! He said the transmission will give out.other than that they dont have any problems.

blackcloud75
09-09-2004, 08:15 PM
Try huntin' down dealer demos.........usually 3000-5000 miles but 10 grand off sticker.....all warranties start the day you buy it...
BC75

No Regrets
09-10-2004, 01:44 PM
I just picked up a Escalade ESV(long one) after 3 years in Denali XL & believe it or not, it tows my 8500 lb 30 footer pretty good.(they both did) Very plush ride.I stumbled into it as an onstar prize; the winner was selling it w/ 5 miles on it and saved quite a bit, but honestly the Denali is the same thing, different skin, maybe even felt more powerful? (the Denali, )But I know they are going to change Denali body this coming year FWIW.

roln 20s
09-12-2004, 01:00 AM
What are you doing in Scottsdale? Stay out in the avenews like you're supposed to. :D :D :D
As far as the Escalade, they're plush. I'd roll one but I need the HD so that won't cut it. The g/f wants one though. :D
Don't worry, I wasn't really in Snottsdale :) This was just something that I have heard :rolleyes: :D I stick to my avenues just fine...I hope you stick to your Streets :)
Roln 20s