PDA

View Full Version : Is Anyone In Here California Highway Patrol ?

Hallett19
09-09-2004, 06:42 AM
Just wondering, I have a few questions. Thanks

78Eliminator
09-09-2004, 07:39 AM
Just wondering, I have a few questions. Thanks
You get a ticket, home slice?

Rev. Williams
09-09-2004, 07:59 AM
Isn't Kilrtoy ???

Kilrtoy
09-09-2004, 08:12 AM
Isn't Kilrtoy ???
N :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Rev. Williams
09-09-2004, 08:51 AM
N :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
No $hit ??? Why did I think you were??? That's too funny. :D :D

jackpunx
09-09-2004, 08:55 AM
Its because he's DA MAN!!

Phat Matt
09-09-2004, 08:55 AM
Isn't Kilrtoy ???
C'mon now. He's a professional photographer. :wink:
Oh yeah, and a fellow Commander owner. :D

OGShocker
09-09-2004, 08:59 AM
Popcorn please! :p

jackpunx
09-09-2004, 09:34 AM
C'mon now. He's a professional photographer. :wink:
I thought his wife TOLD him to get a real boat.. :eek:

Hallett19
09-09-2004, 10:14 AM
I didnt know there were American HIJACKERS too !!!!!!!!!!! Get out of my thread !!!!! :p
and na Justin, I didnt get a ticket, I just have a few questions about becoming one..... for a friend :idea:
and what is that motor in your avatar ? and did you sell the green machine ? if you need extra $bling, you can sell your dog or an unliked family member

78Eliminator
09-09-2004, 10:49 AM
Motor in the avatar is top secret. The green machine is still for sale.

chub
09-09-2004, 10:59 AM
I've got a ticket question. My buddies wife just got her first 502. Whats the low down with this? costs and all that. He doesn't drink at all but she makes up for him. He's concerned but she isn't. :devil: :devil: :devil:

Havasu_Dreamin
09-09-2004, 11:23 AM
What do you want to know?, a friend went to the academy for a while.

Hallett19
09-09-2004, 01:05 PM
I just want to ask someone who has gone through the process and how it was.

Kilrtoy
09-09-2004, 01:28 PM
Why Doesnt he just go to the local CHP office and ask one what its like....
As far as that 502 its called a dui< per all the tv commercials and lets start with the very bottom minimum 20K for starts when all is said and done, IF SHE IS LUCKY

Havasu_Dreamin
09-09-2004, 01:30 PM
I just want to ask someone who has gone through the process and how it was.
From the time that he first applied and entered the academy it was 20 months. 26 weeks in the academy and then 18 months on probation. The academy is very military style from what he said to me.

Keithb87
09-09-2004, 01:31 PM
You are getting soft there Kilr.. You're just going to let that commander comment float by... :argue:
Come on .. I made pop corn.. :hammerhea

JetBoatRich
09-09-2004, 01:48 PM
From the time that he first applied and entered the academy it was 20 months. 26 weeks in the academy and then 18 months on probation. The academy is very military style from what he said to me.
LOL :D

Hallett19
09-09-2004, 03:11 PM
this thread is getting beat up today !

Sleek-Jet
09-09-2004, 03:44 PM
I've watched "Super Troopers" a couple of times, looks like a fun job. :D :clover:

GlastronGuy
09-09-2004, 03:46 PM
It's the hair cut.

Dr. Eagle
09-09-2004, 03:48 PM
I've watched "Super Troopers" a couple of times, looks like a fun job. :D :clover:
Exactly....... :idea:

datdude
09-09-2004, 05:01 PM
That is the funniest f u c king movie. Littering and...Littering and...Littering and...Smokin the ganja.

Kilrtoy
09-09-2004, 05:12 PM
You are getting soft there Kilr.. You're just going to let that commander comment float by... :argue:
Come on .. I made pop corn.. :hammerhea
See that is the problem, They have too run before they float, its rare those two moons ever align

Phat Matt
09-09-2004, 06:44 PM
Yeah, could I get a double whammy burger? It's for a cop. :)

BajaMike
09-09-2004, 07:19 PM
I've got a ticket question. My buddies wife just got her first 502. Whats the low down with this? costs and all that. He doesn't drink at all but she makes up for him. He's concerned but she isn't. :devil: :devil: :devil:
I would be concerned...and i would get a lawyer (I know a good one in Orange County if you want a referal). I never had one, but several friends have. I would say a minimum of $5000 in costs (not counting lawyer) plus six months at AA at least once a week, plus Cal Trans garbage duty, plus big increase in insurance costs. And if you miss even one court date or AA or Cal Trans "community service", your are doing jail time!
:hammerhea
As I said....I would be concerned !!!

Kilrtoy
09-09-2004, 08:06 PM
Try 1250 at the court plus AA classes around 600 to 1k plus 3 years of insurance with a DUI so it should raise around 4K a year for three years and now you lawyer you are at 20K and what ever other fees....
Please dont say top gun attorneys. Go elsewhere

Hallett19
09-09-2004, 09:22 PM
Yeah, I know the time from start to finish and what not and how the academy is like marine training camp. I dont mind the physical part, but I am hearing if you ever bounced a check or been late on a CC payment, it could seriously hinder your chances of getting in, I dont believe that, but in one of the books I read, it even says they might look at your finances. Sorry to be so pushy to find out.
And about super troopers, that is why I want to find out more :D

clownpuncher
09-09-2004, 10:06 PM
I'm not one, but, I do know that background inv is very extensive including his financial history. Tell him DON'T lie on the app/interview about a single thing. They often find the truth and that'll be the end of his CHP career dreams. Even if they find the truth after he's hired he ger the boot.
How do I know? FD ain't much different and I've done some work in that arena.
Yeah, I know the time from start to finish and what not and how the academy is like marine training camp. I dont mind the physical part, but I am hearing if you ever bounced a check or been late on a CC payment, it could seriously hinder your chances of getting in, I dont believe that, but in one of the books I read, it even says they might look at your finances. Sorry to be so pushy to find out.

clownpuncher
09-09-2004, 10:09 PM
BTW, if you want real-life stuff I'd suggest watching CHiPs instead. Only the second scene, frame two, of the first season though because other than that it was too Hollywood. :p

SCLB41
09-09-2004, 10:12 PM
They will look at financial history, in fact, that is what would most likely wash you out. It has become more forgiving re: things like "trying marijuana" etc., the most important thing is to be honest. I'd be more than happy to talk to you if you want. I'm not CHP, but am in LE.

clownpuncher
09-09-2004, 10:21 PM
They will look at financial history, in fact, that is what would most likely wash you out. It has become more forgiving re: things like "trying marijuana" etc., the most important thing is to be honest. I'd be more than happy to talk to you if you want. I'm not CHP, but am in LE.
SCLB - where do you work? Don't have to say, obviously. PM if you want. Just curious.

SCLB41
09-09-2004, 10:27 PM
Pm enroute

Phat Matt
09-10-2004, 02:53 AM
Please dont say top gun attorneys. Go elsewhere
So, you must have heard the radio ads?

Kachina26
09-10-2004, 05:07 AM
Check your PM's.

Kokopelli
09-10-2004, 05:30 AM
How do I know? FD ain't much different and I've done some work in that arena.
Hmmmm, you've been to the dark side? :jawdrop: ;)

Kachina26
09-10-2004, 05:55 AM
Gonna have to wait awhile, they stopped accepting applications according to the Official website (http://www.chp.ca.gov)

Hallett19
09-10-2004, 08:09 AM
I cant wait for bootcamp if I get that far, God knows I need the discipline !! I luckily got in right before the cutoff to sign up for CHP. Thanks for all the response guys, this is really informative.

Jordy
09-10-2004, 08:10 AM
I cant wait for bootcamp if I get that far, God knows I need the discipline !! I luckily got in right before the cutoff to sign up for CHP. Thanks for all the response guys, this is really informative.
I thought this was for your buddy. You holding out on us law dog??? :D

Hallett19
09-10-2004, 08:17 AM
yeah, you couldnt smell the sarcasm when I said "its for a friend" ? come on Jordy, I know you better than that !!!! Werent you selling that Schiada ?? Whats going on ? I wont be at OP6, my basic reading/writing test is on the 25th, step one ! :)

UtlGoa
09-10-2004, 08:23 AM
Can't
Handle
Police work
:eek:

Jordy
09-10-2004, 08:25 AM
yeah, you couldnt smell the sarcasm when I said "its for a friend" ? come on Jordy, I know you better than that !!!! Werent you selling that Schiada ?? Whats going on ? I wont be at OP6, my basic reading/writing test is on the 25th, step one ! :)
I figured as much when it went from friend 3rd person to 1st person. You with a badge and a gun??? Remind me to obey traffic laws when I'm in Cali. :D :D :D
I am selling the Schiada. Have a couple people interested, including one guy who is going to give me $38K for it. He's from London, Europe (according to his letter). Once it's gone I'll start looking more seriously at the next floating hole in the water. Still have the yellow boat and probably will for a long time as it's mucho fun and works great in Parker and some of my smaller local lakes.
It's just time to think bigger. :D :D :D

JAM
09-10-2004, 08:37 AM
Regarding the DUI consequences:
What county holds jurisdiction over the case? If it's L.A. County, they historically "show a lot of love" and favor fines, fees, community service, and education (AA) over actual jail time since ther's so much over-crowding. If it's another county, you might expect steeper consequences.
Assuming this is her first DUI arrest (23152a VC / 23152b VC ) and no injuries were involved, Kilrtoy is pretty damn close to the big picture on penalties. Her license will be suspended too, which opens another can of worms should she get the urge to drive (even sober). She can ask the judge for permission to drive on her suspended DL "in the course of her employment and to and from work". However, if she's a bartender, cocktail waitress, or works at a local brewery, don't count on that happening...
By the way, I'm NOT a CHP either...
Court is adjourned :hammer2: