PDA

View Full Version : Jeopardy Dude Done???

Rod-64
09-09-2004, 10:29 AM
Is Ken Jennings' 'Jeopardy!' run over?
Posting on Web site may reveal end
Editor's Note: CNN picked this story up from The Associated Press, which gives details below. We have no idea as to the status of Ken Jennings' run. If you'd prefer to not know anything, stop reading now.
LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Has Ken Jennings ended his "Jeopardy!" streak?
A report posted Wednesday on TV Week's Web site said the brainy software engineer lost in a show taped Tuesday, walking away after his 75th straight game with about $2.5 million overall in cash and prizes. The magazine cited unidentified sources and said the show would air later this fall.
A spokesperson for the show told TV Week that it would not disclose whether Jennings lost.
Calls late Wednesday by The Associated Press to "Jeopardy!" publicist Jeff Ritter and to the show's production offices were not immediately returned.
Jennings, 30, of Salt Lake City, began his record-breaking run June 2, with a six-week hiatus for summer reruns.
After winning the show that aired Wednesday, his 41st, he had amassed $1,380,661.
To mark the start of its 20th season last September, the quiz show lifted its five-game limit for winners and allowed them to keep going until they lose.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Copyright 2004 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

JetBoatRich
09-09-2004, 10:32 AM
I caught part of the show last night, the dude is to smart :notam: and makes it look easy :D

Dr. Eagle
09-09-2004, 12:27 PM
I caught part of the show last night, the dude is to smart :notam: and makes it look easy :D
I think his energizer bunny is still ticking too... :hammer2:

H20 Toie
09-09-2004, 12:58 PM
I work on the show he is still here