PDA

View Full Version : 29-32' V-hull owners..........

nodigg
09-09-2004, 01:51 PM
So what do you like/not like about your brand choice?
What power set-up gives you what rpm/speed?
Just getting some feed back. Tossing around some ideas in my head.

Quality Time
09-09-2004, 02:04 PM
Not to answer a question with a question, but are you thinking twins or single?

nodigg
09-09-2004, 02:58 PM
Good question
Single for sure at this point.

dexman38
09-09-2004, 03:00 PM
love my 29 shockwave . the mid cabin is large enough for 4 adults to sit in when it gets to hot outside. the open bow is really roomy. it rides great. no complaints. Barry treated me real good. i have the 496 ho with 30 hours. top speed is 60 with 4 adults. i was told once i put a few more hours on the motor i will see 65.only thing that i would do different is go for the 525fi. but then again i have read on the boards that you can purchace a kit from raylar performance for about 7 grand and get that same 525 hp. i had looked at a few other boats before buying the shockwave but the other boats did not offer as much for the price.

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-09-2004, 03:01 PM
More like you are tired of getting your boat tossed around....or maybe you are referring to your friggin' salad....lol
Now you know I am seriously thinking about that SW 29 or 34 Rick. Don't be jumping the gun on me :)

dicudmore
09-09-2004, 03:07 PM
NODIGG you know you're welcome for a demo ride on our 29 :cool:
haven't run it at the zoo since .4 hrs for a true top speed.
4th July at lake mead (112 deg give or take) 63 GPS. (63 also on speedo)
6 adults. Tank full (90 gallons) Bimini up
Best ever seen on speedo 67 (no GPS that day) at lake mohave w/5 people, 1/2 tank fuel and bimini up. About a 2-3 foot chop that day which of course helps lighten her up a bit.
-Dan

TrojanDan
09-09-2004, 03:13 PM
'02 29' Magic. Not the fasted (63 mph) with empty ice chests , 1/4 tank of gas, and about 3 peeps. About 50mph when my ice chests are full :D . Have the 496 HO with about 230 hours and works runs like a chimp, I mean champ!. We maintain it religiously.
Very good ride in all conditions, biggest mid-cabin I've been in for this size!
Love the boat! Bought it 5 months used (with about 60 hours) so I didn't have to deal with the knucklehead owner of Magic. We take it to Alco for service.
The 29' Shockwave is a nice boat too. Look at buying used and saving some big bucks. :cool:

OGShocker
09-09-2004, 03:16 PM
Our Dana is a 27' but, it is an ALL boat 27'. Some 29's are 27's with a two foot platform... Come for a ride...

DEEZ NUTTS
09-09-2004, 03:23 PM
I got a '90 Formula 311. I love everything about it except for the early '90s teal stripe and that a new one costs 250k. Twin carbed 502s get me to 68 on Havasu with a healthy load on board. It is heavy on the trailer but I never think twice about any rough lake conditions I have seen yet. Mostly boat Powell and I dont even slow down for the tourboat any more. Just square up and launch. Best of all I can pull a sandwich out of the fridge, eat at a table, then crap and wash up. All without leaving the boat.

nodigg
09-09-2004, 03:29 PM
More like you are tired of getting your boat tossed around....or maybe you are referring to your friggin' salad....lol
Now you know I am seriously thinking about that SW 29 or 34 Rick. Don't be jumping the gun on me :)
you know what happened last time we were both looking at the same boat. Nobody got it! :idea: Keep you cool, looks like the Cheetah MAY have the fastest hull if the figures above are accurate. But I here Cheetah's don't have enough zip ties!

nodigg
09-09-2004, 03:31 PM
love my 29 shockwave . the mid cabin is large enough for 4 adults to sit in when it gets to hot outside. the open bow is really roomy. it rides great. no complaints. Barry treated me real good. i have the 496 ho with 30 hours. top speed is 60 with 4 adults. i was told once i put a few more hours on the motor i will see 65.only thing that i would do different is go for the 525fi. but then again i have read on the boards that you can purchace a kit from raylar performance for about 7 grand and get that same 525 hp. i had looked at a few other boats before buying the shockwave but the other boats did not offer as much for the price.
Thanks for the input, check you pm

nodigg
09-09-2004, 03:33 PM
'02 29' Magic. Not the fasted (63 mph) with empty ice chests , 1/4 tank of gas, and about 3 peeps. About 50mph when my ice chests are full :D . Have the 496 HO with about 230 hours and works runs like a chimp, I mean champ!. We maintain it religiously.
Very good ride in all conditions, biggest mid-cabin I've been in for this size!
Love the boat! Bought it 5 months used (with about 60 hours) so I didn't have to deal with the knucklehead owner of Magic. We take it to Alco for service.
The 29' Shockwave is a nice boat too. Look at buying used and saving some big bucks. :cool:
I like the profile on the Magic, I'll have to check out one of their cabins.

nodigg
09-09-2004, 03:35 PM
Our Dana is a 27' but, it is an ALL boat 27'. Some 29's are 27's with a two foot platform... Come for a ride...
I may try that if you get out to op6 or the dam run!

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-09-2004, 03:37 PM
you know what happened last time we were both looking at the same boat. Nobody got it! :idea: Keep you cool, looks like the Cheetah MAY have the fastest hull if the figures above are accurate. But I here Cheetah's don't have enough zip ties!
Very tru....zip ties...I can provide you with as many as you want Rick. Shit, I can even get you those expensive teflon coated ones....lol
I don't know about the Cheetah being a faster hull though....Only one way to find that one out and that is ride in them and compare

nodigg
09-09-2004, 03:38 PM
I got a '90 Formula 311. I love everything about it except for the early '90s teal stripe and that a new one costs 250k. Twin carbed 502s get me to 68 on Havasu with a healthy load on board. It is heavy on the trailer but I never think twice about any rough lake conditions I have seen yet. Mostly boat Powell and I dont even slow down for the tourboat any more. Just square up and launch. Best of all I can pull a sandwich out of the fridge, eat at a table, then crap and wash up. All without leaving the boat.
LMFAO! Yeah, sounds comfy but I would have to get mentally ready for the twice the gas thing for a :cool: :cry: bit before entering the world of twins!

ChumpChange
09-09-2004, 03:38 PM
I may try that if you get out to op6 or the dam run!
If OG doesn't make the Dam run, I will be there in my 27 to give you a demo ride.

Gerard
09-09-2004, 03:39 PM
I have a 1997 33' Powerplay with HP500's (carb motors). Boat was set up as a raceboat--but never raced. Top speed is 84mph on GPS with 1/2 tank of fuel and 3 200lb guys on board. That's spinning 29 3 blade Mirage props @ 5,000rpm, got a few rpm's left. It has no cabin and has 3 man bolsters with full staggered engines. I can't find a 33' V bottom that handles the rough as good as this one does.
Here's a link to it on OSO (it's for sale)
http://server1.offshoreonly.com/geoclassifieds/classifieds.php?a=2&b=2125

nodigg
09-09-2004, 03:49 PM
If OG doesn't make the Dam run, I will be there in my 27 to give you a demo ride.
Cool! I'm gonna be looking for a lot of your guys so if you see me say hey!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1865no_doubt_running_damrunII.jpg

Havasu Hangin'
09-09-2004, 03:58 PM
You can go for a ride in mine (but it's 10,000 lbs and 35'). :jawdrop:

dicudmore
09-09-2004, 04:00 PM
Very tru....zip ties...I can provide you with as many as you want Rick. Shit, I can even get you those expensive teflon coated ones....lol
I don't know about the Cheetah being a faster hull though....Only one way to find that one out and that is ride in them and compare
I don't need no stinkin' zip-ties :yuk:
They add weight to the hull and thereby reduce speed :crossx:

nodigg
09-09-2004, 04:02 PM
Cool, maybe I'll just leave mine at home and stick out the thumb. (better bring a boat ornament so I can get onboard for sure)

nodigg
09-09-2004, 04:05 PM
I don't need no stinkin' zip-ties :yuk:
They add weight to the hull and thereby reduce speed :crossx:
You are correct! lol! But do the double biminis, golfcart batteries,coolers,side curtains, 17 speakers, three amps, etc.,etc. hurt the speed?http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1865no_doubt_running_damrunII.jpg

Gerard
09-09-2004, 04:08 PM
Was that you that was running an all white Cafe Racer from Catalina back to the mainland about 6 weeks ago? I was in my Powerplay, and left right after you did.

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-09-2004, 04:11 PM
You are correct! lol! But do the double biminis, golfcart batteries,coolers,side curtains, 17 speakers, three amps, etc.,etc. hurt the speed?http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1865no_doubt_running_damrunII.jpg
That is the problem with your stereo. Too many speakers and not enough amps :)
On a serious note....since I bought that new charger with two connections of 15 amps each I am blasting away with the stereo all day and re-charging fully at night :). More power charge is what I needed :)

Havasu Hangin'
09-09-2004, 04:13 PM
Was that you that was running an all white Cafe Racer from Catalina back to the mainland about 6 weeks ago? I was in my Powerplay, and left right after you did.
Probably (Not too many of us out there). Were you heading to Newport?

SHAKEN Not Stirred
09-09-2004, 04:23 PM
Well,
If you get anything over a 29', you'll need twins.
I also like the 29' Shockwave, but if you go that route, get a nice big single, 700-800HP and have fun.
I think the single 525 is a bit too small for that boat.
No one ever says...."Gee....I wish I could go a bit slower"....
The 29' Shockwave with twin 377's is a 75 MPH or so boat......
A true 80 MPH "V"....that means 80MPH, in Havasu, in August, with full fuel, with 4 people, with all your shit, is a good boat.
Most of the time I just cruise at 60, but it's nice to do a 70-80 blast now & then....
CJG
:D

Gerard
09-09-2004, 04:30 PM
Probably (Not too many of us out there). Were you heading to Newport?
We were going back to Long Beach, I think it was the day of the Catalina Ski Race.

cola
09-09-2004, 04:37 PM
I know you already have the towel & are more then welcome to go for a ride. We will be at the almost Dam run. The Essex is not fast, but rides very good & the cockpit area is roomie. The HP500EFI pushes it to 60+ loaded or empty. We are happy with the boat.
PS: The Shockwave with the same power is 10 mph faster.
Late, Mike
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1268109_0923_WEB-med.jpg

nodigg
09-09-2004, 04:41 PM
Well, the speed of the hull is important to me but not the ONLY thing. Yeah, I got a towel! It says ESSEX! I'll get to yours right after I do mine! Yeah, that's it! :)

dicudmore
09-10-2004, 07:50 AM
back to the top for those that missed it

LHC30Victory
09-10-2004, 07:21 PM
We Love our 30 Victory w/twin 496ho's (uses 87 pump gas!). It pushes 75+ w/100gal fuel, filled ice chest, four adults and misc stuff. Lots of room in the cockpit and the midcabin. Reasonably well built for the price. I agree with Chris G. about needing one LARGE or two reasonable motore.
We will be on the almost dam run and happy to give ya a lookover and ride.
The 29 shockwave was 2nd on the list only because of the cabin setup - our peculiarities.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
09-11-2004, 10:13 AM
Even there are those who are unhappy with COMMANDER, I love my boat it runs good in 3-5 chop on Lake Pacifica. I was at the shop almost daily watching every step. I have twin 500EFI the boat will do about 84 for this 32 footer. Maybe if I use my 32P prop I will get alittle more out of it. The cabin is large and has a pump out head.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1616Havasu_2004_037-med.jpg

nodigg
09-11-2004, 11:41 AM
thanks for all the feed back. Now really, tell me what things on your "I wish my boat had/was/should be lists? Be honest now. We all have our regrets and nit-picky stuff..........