PDA

View Full Version : More Havasu Carnage...

InKahntrol
09-11-2004, 08:48 PM
My dad and I were cruising in the Spectra today about a mile past Steamboat when two police boats came screaming by at full throttle with the lights and sirens going. We kept cruising down the lake behind them kinda curious what was going on, when we came up on a cove that already had two other L.E. boats waiting inside. As we idled past, we could see another two L.E. boats (for a total of six) plus a helicopter cruising in. We spoke to a witness, and from what we could piece together it sounds like an big eliminator or DCB cat basically ran over a v-bottom boat that was in the cove. We saw the top of the motor box from the v-bottom floating in the water with a giant slice carved right down the middle, as if someone cut it in half with a chainsaw. The police were working on one person in the boat doing CPR, another appeared to be missing, and there were two young kids in a police boat getting comforted by the officers.
The details are pretty fuzzy, but it didn't look good. Does anyone have more information on what happened? I'm kind of curious how a boat prop can carve up a motor box in the first place. Hopefully everyone made it out ok, but it didn't look good. Anyway, a sad deal for all involved... I keep wondering why there have been so many nasty incidents at the lake lately.

cc322
09-11-2004, 08:55 PM
:confused: hope all are ok

racecar.hotshoe
09-11-2004, 08:58 PM
:( Not Again :(

IN2-IN2MX
09-11-2004, 11:37 PM
:( :cry: the scary part is knowing that friends are down there right now, probably hanging out on their buddy's DCB, and wondering if they are ok.
HOPING EVERYONE IS OK!!!!!

DansBlown73Nordic
09-12-2004, 01:25 AM
Sounds to me like you guys have a huge amount of issues out there..... :confused: :confused:

Uplink
09-12-2004, 02:58 AM
wow, again? :frown: :frown: :frown: hope they are o.k.
Mark

NashvilleBound
09-12-2004, 04:49 AM
Sounds to me like you guys have a huge amount of issues out there..... :confused: :confused: Its truely amazing how many idiots are on the water on the west coast.

Big_Gunz_
09-12-2004, 05:12 AM
Hope all is well :confused:

DansBlown73Nordic
09-12-2004, 05:32 AM
I have never been out West so maybe im kinda in the dark. Around here I have boated for about 38 years....Since I was 6 months old. :cry:
I can only remember one or two accidents at the lakes. Im sure it happens, but you guys post a crash or two every week.
Trust me we have plenty of very STUPID people around here. :frown:

hot_diggity_dog
09-12-2004, 05:54 AM
My dad and I were cruising in the Spectra today about a mile past Steamboat when two police boats came screaming by at full throttle with the lights and sirens going. We kept cruising down the lake behind them kinda curious what was going on, when we came up on a cove that already had two other L.E. boats waiting inside. As we idled past, we could see another two L.E. boats (for a total of six) plus a helicopter cruising in. We spoke to a witness, and from what we could piece together it sounds like an big eliminator or DCB cat basically ran over a v-bottom boat that was in the cove. We saw the top of the motor box from the v-bottom floating in the water with a giant slice carved right down the middle, as if someone cut it in half with a chainsaw. The police were working on one person in the boat doing CPR, another appeared to be missing, and there were two young kids in a police boat getting comforted by the officers.
The details are pretty fuzzy, but it didn't look good. Does anyone have more information on what happened? I'm kind of curious how a boat prop can carve up a motor box in the first place. Hopefully everyone made it out ok, but it didn't look good. Anyway, a sad deal for all involved... I keep wondering why there have been so many nasty incidents at the lake lately.
I was in the channel when the LE boat ran full throttle through the channel to the accident. I have no further details.
I hope no one is seriously injured. :frown:
I can confirm that I seen the Flyin Vee;s with the Kilrtoy's and Sandbar Junkies after the accident in the channel. :boxed: :)
If I hear anything else I will let you know.
HDD :cool:

Ion
09-12-2004, 06:49 AM
Its truely amazing how many idiots are on the water on the west coast.
Careful who your target...they're a vengeful bunch! :2purples:

JetBoatRich
09-12-2004, 06:52 AM
I can only remember one or two accidents at the lakes. Im sure it happens, but you guys post a crash or two every week.
I agree far to many, but the power of the internet helps to spread the news farther and faster than when we were kids :eek:

Danhercules
09-12-2004, 06:55 AM
There are also bigger and more powerful boats now too.

Dr. Eagle
09-12-2004, 06:56 AM
Sounds to me like you guys have a huge amount of issues out there..... :confused: :confused:
I am glad to be boating in Norcal... :hammer2:

UBFJ #454
09-12-2004, 06:59 AM
"Careful who your target...they're a vengeful bunch! :2purples:"
That may be True ... But ... They're Not Particularily That Bright ... :sleeping:
:skull: "Swift ... Silent ... Deadly" :D

WUTWZAT
09-12-2004, 07:35 AM
Bigger more powerful boats true, but also a bunch more idiots with a bunch of money to spend a those boats. It seems to be the ones that didn't have to work for the money that don't seem to care about those around them :crossx: .
Jason

beer hunter
09-12-2004, 07:58 AM
It seems to be the ones that didn't have to work for the money that don't seem to care about those around them :crossx: .
Jason
Well, that excludes just about everyone but Lotto winners, the Hilton sisters and lawyers :2purples:
My thoughts and prayers go out to the friends and families of all involved :smile:

RiverToysJas
09-12-2004, 08:10 AM
I hope no one is seriously injured. :frown:
Unfortunately, I don't think they bust out the helicopter unless people are seriously injured. :(
Sorry for the families and all involved.... :(
Just Curious...Is the nose of a long, slow moving cat (say half on plane) so high that even a standing driver can't see over the nose well???
RTJas

racecar.hotshoe
09-12-2004, 08:14 AM
I have never been out West so maybe im kinda in the dark. Around here I have boated for about 38 years....Since I was 6 months old. :cry:
Trust me we have plenty of very STUPID people around here. :frown:I guess those paddle boats and sail boats dont hit to hard when they crash :D

racecar.hotshoe
09-12-2004, 08:26 AM
Its truely amazing how many idiots are on the water on the west coast.The East coast has theres to.
http://in.yimg.com/xp/reuters_ids_new/20031016/4093853738.jpg

Mrs.Racer277
09-12-2004, 08:30 AM
Sad to hear about another accident. Hope everyone is OK. They will be in my prayers.

RiverOtter
09-12-2004, 08:38 AM
Trust me we have plenty of very STUPID people around here. :frown:
Same here. But there are lots of Lake Lice trying to kill each other.

WetWillie
09-12-2004, 08:39 AM
The East coast has theres to.
http://in.yimg.com/xp/reuters_ids_new/20031016/4093853738.jpg
Yes they do.. I believe that fountain power boat in those trees was back east?? :jawdrop:
WW

Sane Asylum
09-12-2004, 08:39 AM
Easy there Nashville boy.....I'm from TN and I can tell you the idiot ratio is about the same there as it is here..........My father owned a dock on center hill lake.....(near Smithville) and I remember plenty of accidents....Helped pull many of them off the bottom as we had one of two big salvage skids on the lake...
I've been out here about two years now......The ratio of fast boats is 3X what it is in the south and midwest.....I've met many many of the fast boat community in this area and am astounded at the competency and skill that I see with this group. Havasu seems to have more than it's share because of the behavior of a few irresponsibly drunk boat drivers.... :idea:
How bout spending some time saying a small prayer for the victims of the tradegy instead of busting the responsible boaters on this board......I've noticed that generalizing usually doesn't go over very well

ROZ
09-12-2004, 08:53 AM
I believe NashvilleBound is a San Diego County native... I mean born and bred from here, not an Indian from here :D
You're right in that there are idiots everywhere, but they don't have as many lakes(large or small) around here as back there. I also think we're much more in tune these days when it comes to reporting accidents at the lakes on these boards to remind everyone to be careful.

Sane Asylum
09-12-2004, 08:56 AM
I believe NashvilleBound is a San Diego County native... I mean born and bred from here, not an Indian from here :D
You're right in that there are idiots everywhere, but they don't have as many lakes(large or small) around here as back there. I also think we're much more in tune these days when it comes to reporting accidents at the lakes on these boards to remind everyone to be careful.
Hear ya ROZ......There's plenty of unsafe nimrod boaters everywhere.......They're ultimately gunna fock it up for everybody, especially out here..... :mad:

24ROD
09-12-2004, 09:00 AM
Thoughts and prayers to the familys..........

dr. margarita
09-12-2004, 09:08 AM
Easy there Nashville boy.....I'm from TN and I can tell you the idiot ratio is about the same there as it is here..........My father owned a dock on center hill lake.....(near Smithville) and I remember plenty of accidents....Helped pull many of them off the bottom as we had one of two big salvage skids on the lake...
I've been out here about two years now......The ratio of fast boats is 3X what it is in the south and midwest.....I've met many many of the fast boat community in this area and am astounded at the competency and skill that I see with this group. Havasu seems to have more than it's share because of the behavior of a few irresponsibly drunk boat drivers.... :idea:
How bout spending some time saying a small prayer for the victims of the tradegy instead of busting the responsible boaters on this board......I've noticed that generalizing usually doesn't go over very well
Well said!!!

IN2-IN2MX
09-12-2004, 10:45 AM
I can confirm that I seen the Flyin Vee;s with the Kilrtoy's and Sandbar Junkies after the accident in the channel. :boxed: :)
THANKS HDD! That's who came to mind. Glad to know they're ok.
Hope everyone else is ok too.

CARRERA
09-12-2004, 01:55 PM
Here we go again. We should all just sit back and wait for some FACTS...................

InKahntrol
09-12-2004, 02:17 PM
As we were leaving town today I picked up a copy of the Havasu Herald, but there was no mention of the accident. However, it looked as if the police boat that had the person getting CPR on board was going toward Parker, so perhaps Boatcop might know something?

clownpuncher
09-12-2004, 02:35 PM
Nice....

DansBlown73Nordic
09-12-2004, 03:15 PM
Im sorry If I pissed anyone off. Maybe the internet has caused bad news to travel faster.
Very Very Sad to hear of people getting hurt well just out having a good time. :frown:
I truly hope that everyone was OK...

little rowe boat
09-12-2004, 03:37 PM
:boxingguy

NashvilleBound
09-12-2004, 03:45 PM
Careful who your target...they're a vengeful bunch! :2purples:
It's all good slim. I've personally met most of the senor West Coasters on these boards. I'm not targeting anyone here...as it seems most members here convey responsibility on the water. I've boated on every lake in southern CA...never had a problem with any HB member....well, maybe one. Howa about it RD??? :jawdrop: (not RD)

NashvilleBound
09-12-2004, 03:52 PM
Ok fine. I admit there are idiots every where. I just dont think most of the fools out here can even afford boats and there are a ton more out west. And just like ROZ said I was in San Diego for the last 25 years till just 4 months ago. Would not trade this place for anything....except a Carne Asada burrito!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Essex502
09-12-2004, 04:12 PM
We also saw all of the LE boats and helicopter heading the opposite way as we were ending our day yesterday.
No further details but the DCB Regatta was this weekend and those boys were running pretty hard up and down the lake/river. I don't have any clue if any of their folks were involved.

Jungle Boy
09-12-2004, 04:21 PM
Sad to hear about the crash, but if you look at the photos that everyone posts here of that place, everyone is drinking and it's so over populated that it don't take a very smart person to figure out that there are going to be accidents. Too many boats, too many poeple and too much booze. I'm glad that we run on very unpopulated rivers. We are lucky to see another boat on the rivers we run and guess what; we still have lots of fun.

Kindsvater Flat
09-12-2004, 04:28 PM
Sorry to those involved. I have yet to see any type of accident up here except the guys backing up at the ramp.
I didn't take a picture of it but I tripped on the way back to the ramp....
I'm just glad no one was watching.
http://www.schoutenranch.com/misc/sbeach.JPG

anxious
09-12-2004, 04:38 PM
There was an article in todays orange county register on boaters at havasu and the river with "their longer and more powerful boats". Pretty much talked about the crash into the topack bridge last week and how people are drinking too much, which is true. Bring along an extra friend to be a D.D. if you need one.

BoatPI
09-12-2004, 05:00 PM
That OC Register article ocregister.com is the second in what appears to be a series. But his big boat stuff, and high HP is what has changed. The other factor is the over population of LH on weekends. Way too many colisions and injuries. It used to be Ski's (lice to some) but now mainly big boats or speed. Alcohol appears to be involved in nearly every incident.
DD is the answer. Let's get with it people, DD should be a manditory when we plan to go out for the day. We talk about it during a night on the town, dinner out, etc., so why not when we go boat?
Hold on to you renewals for insurance next year. Remember what I said recently, you cannot be under-insured in this world.

Kilrtoy
09-12-2004, 05:15 PM
Just returned from the DCB regatta and not one mention of anyone in a DCB having an accident. Did see anything in the paper either

FRENCHIE
09-12-2004, 05:46 PM
we saw two helicopters also when down on havi yesterday hauling ass over us down south Havi!!!!

Sane Asylum
09-12-2004, 06:29 PM
Sorry to those involved. I have yet to see any type of accident up here except the guys backing up at the ramp.
I didn't take a picture of it but I tripped on the way back to the ramp....
I'm just glad no one was watching.
http://www.schoutenranch.com/misc/sbeach.JPG
Dude..........That's my kinda ramp....... :p :cool:

Boatcop
09-12-2004, 06:56 PM
Dude..........That's my kinda ramp....... :p :cool:
What do they need a ramp for.
It doesn't look like there's very much of a lake left.

LAVEYSABRE575
09-12-2004, 07:03 PM
we saw vessel assist sat. about 5.30 towing the dcb and a v bottom back headed toward the channel we saw them right in front of steamboat v bottoms front bow looked hammered i didnt see any damage on the cat, man i hope everybody survived i also heard they found the 2 remaining bodys friday from the topock accident...derek

TCHB
09-12-2004, 07:34 PM
Today Sunday we were with the owner (Bob) of Elimantor on his new 40 cat around 12 noon and everything was ok. The boat is the biggest cat I have ever seen and the biggest cat they have ever hade. It weighs 17,000 pounds!

73kona455
09-12-2004, 07:40 PM
Thats what we call a pond around here.

mbrown2
09-12-2004, 07:51 PM
we saw vessel assist sat. about 5.30 towing the dcb and a v bottom back headed toward the channel we saw them right in front of steamboat v bottoms front bow looked hammered i didnt see any damage on the cat, man i hope everybody survived i also heard they found the 2 remaining bodys friday from the topock accident...derek
I sure hope everyone was ok...that's too bad.

Havasu Hangin'
09-12-2004, 07:56 PM
Today Sunday we were with the owner (Bob) of Elimantor on his new 40 cat around 12 noon and everything was ok. The boat is the biggest cat I have ever seen and the biggest cat they have ever hade. It weighs 17,000 pounds!
I saw Bob filling that beast up at Sundance.
It only took an hour... :jawdrop:

jbtrailerjim
09-12-2004, 08:31 PM
[QUOTE=hugh jascock
"The unfortunate fact is that just because a guy can afford it - or can finance it - doesn't mean he knows how to use it," he said. "Unfortunately, from a manufacturer's standpoint, that's our revenue."
"[/QUOTE]
This paragraph to me says this is the biggest problem. Way to many inexperienced boater's dropping big $$$ on 100mph++ boats. To me these guys are as dangerous or more to be around than a experienced boater that has had a few beers and hops in his boat and takes a spin. Inexperienced boaters IMO...are a huge problem with our waterways. If people would just use a little more common sense, a lot of these accident's could be avoided.

77charger
09-12-2004, 08:32 PM
but it is prob still bigger than parker :D :D :yuk:

topless
09-12-2004, 09:42 PM
The mom who was killed is my co-workers neice. From what she told me there was no alcolol involved and the worst part is her children witnessed it. There were three boats involved and they were all friends. Please, Please PLEASE be careful out there. I don't want to lose any more of my boating family friends. Also, lets keep the families in our prayers. Seems like we have been praying more than usual this summer for those lost to the river. :frown: :cry: Be careful everyone. In case I haven't said it lately, You are all my extended family and I love you. You all make my days brighter...............................Topless

InKahntrol
09-12-2004, 09:44 PM
Ok, hate to borrow this thread back from the threadjackers who want to discuss west coast vs. midwest boaters, but there is another thread in this forum discussing the details of the accident I mentioned in my first post. Apparently the person we saw being taken away in the rescue boat died as a result of her injuries. This is a very sad deal, especially because her kids were there to witness it.
Calif. mom dies in rear-end boat crash
By Gary Weiand
Sunday, September 12, 2004 10:28 PM MDT
A California woman died on Lake Havasu Saturday after the boat she was riding in was struck from behind by another vessel piloted by a family friend.
Jennifer Marie Myers, 31, of Yucca Valley suffered severe head trauma in the mid-afternoon crash, according to the Mohave County Sheriff's Office. Trish Carter, sheriff's media specialist, said Myers was alive at the scene of the accident, but died a short time later at Sand Point Marina.
Carter said Myers and her two children were passengers in a 24-foot Cheetah boat driven by her husband Richard. The second boat, a 27-foot Eliminator, driven by Alex Lance Cody, 35, also of Yucca Valley, was carrying four adults and four children. All 12 people were friends.
The two parties were searching for a third boat, also filled with friends, Carter said, when the collision occurred on the Arizona side of Lake Havasu near Sand Isle, two miles south of Steamboat Cove.
The Eliminator was following directly behind the Cheetah - not at a high rate of speed, Carter said - when the Cheetah slowed down. For an undetermined reason the Eliminator failed to slow, and came over the top of the Cheetah, she said.
Myers was the only person seriously injured in the crash, Carter said.
The MCSO was called to the scene at 2:53 p.m., Carter said. The Bureau of Land Management, San Bernardino County, Calif., Sheriff's Office, Lake Havasu City Police Department, and U. S. Coast Guard also responded to the crash.
The crash is being investigated; no charges have yet been filed, Carter said.
Myers' death was the fifth on Lake Havasu this year and the ninth to occur on the Colorado River between Topock Marina and Parker Dam. Four people were killed on Labor Day when their boat struck a cement abutment supporting the Interstate 40 bridge over the river. The bodies of three of those victims have been recovered; law enforcement officials are still searching for the fourth.
Saturday's fatal accident was only one of three incidents to which the Lake Havasu City Fire Department responded on Saturday.
Charlie Cassens, city public information officer, said that two engines and a hazardous materials unit responded about 7:30 a.m. when a boat sank in the docking area near Kokomo's, spilling some 40 gallons of fuel. Crews worked three hours to contain and absorb the spill, he said.
Cassens said that two men were bitten while attempting to aid a dog after it had been severely injured by a boat propeller about 1:30 p.m. One man was bitten in the face, the other on the arm; both were transported by ambulance to Havasu Regional Medical Center, he said. The dog was transported to Novak Animal Care on Maricopa Avenue.
Cassens said that no further information was available on the condition of the men or the dog.
You may contact the reporter at gweiand@havasunews.com.

Charley
09-12-2004, 09:45 PM
thats just what you need on a lake!! 17,000 lbs going 100and? mph = trouble on a busy waterway.
#1 I agree that boat has no business in Havasu and especially Parker
#2 That point wouldn't go 100 mph on the trailer much less in the water

Kindsvater Flat
09-12-2004, 10:30 PM
quite a bit of lake left. there are still 2 more low water ramps left.
http://www.schoutenranch.com/misc/ssouth.JPG

NashvilleBound
09-13-2004, 03:46 AM
Ok, hate to borrow this thread back from the threadjackers who want to discuss west coast vs. midwest boaters, but there is another thread in this forum discussing the details of the accident I mentioned in my first post. Apparently the person we saw being taken away in the rescue boat died as a result of her injuries. This is a very sad deal, especially because her kids were there to witness it.
Calif. mom dies in rear-end boat crash
By Gary Weiand
Sunday, September 12, 2004 10:28 PM MDT
A California woman died on Lake Havasu Saturday after the boat she was riding in was struck from behind by another vessel piloted by a family friend.
Jennifer Marie Myers, 31, of Yucca Valley suffered severe head trauma in the mid-afternoon crash, according to the Mohave County Sheriff's Office. Trish Carter, sheriff's media specialist, said Myers was alive at the scene of the accident, but died a short time later at Sand Point Marina.
Carter said Myers and her two children were passengers in a 24-foot Cheetah boat driven by her husband Richard. The second boat, a 27-foot Eliminator, driven by Alex Lance Cody, 35, also of Yucca Valley, was carrying four adults and four children. All 12 people were friends.
The two parties were searching for a third boat, also filled with friends, Carter said, when the collision occurred on the Arizona side of Lake Havasu near Sand Isle, two miles south of Steamboat Cove.
The Eliminator was following directly behind the Cheetah - not at a high rate of speed, Carter said - when the Cheetah slowed down. For an undetermined reason the Eliminator failed to slow, and came over the top of the Cheetah, she said.
Myers was the only person seriously injured in the crash, Carter said.
The MCSO was called to the scene at 2:53 p.m., Carter said. The Bureau of Land Management, San Bernardino County, Calif., Sheriff's Office, Lake Havasu City Police Department, and U. S. Coast Guard also responded to the crash.
The crash is being investigated; no charges have yet been filed, Carter said.
Myers' death was the fifth on Lake Havasu this year and the ninth to occur on the Colorado River between Topock Marina and Parker Dam. Four people were killed on Labor Day when their boat struck a cement abutment supporting the Interstate 40 bridge over the river. The bodies of three of those victims have been recovered; law enforcement officials are still searching for the fourth.
Saturday's fatal accident was only one of three incidents to which the Lake Havasu City Fire Department responded on Saturday.
Charlie Cassens, city public information officer, said that two engines and a hazardous materials unit responded about 7:30 a.m. when a boat sank in the docking area near Kokomo's, spilling some 40 gallons of fuel. Crews worked three hours to contain and absorb the spill, he said.
Cassens said that two men were bitten while attempting to aid a dog after it had been severely injured by a boat propeller about 1:30 p.m. One man was bitten in the face, the other on the arm; both were transported by ambulance to Havasu Regional Medical Center, he said. The dog was transported to Novak Animal Care on Maricopa Avenue.
Cassens said that no further information was available on the condition of the men or the dog.
You may contact the reporter at gweiand@havasunews.com.
Sorry for the threadjacking, Regardless of what is debated, I am sure sorry to see anyone get hurt. Anyone, anywhere.

Huckleberry
09-13-2004, 04:01 AM
Very, very sad! :( My condolences to the families involved in this unfortunate collision.

Screemy1
09-13-2004, 07:06 AM
:frown: Wish everyone well. Why do the insurance companys insure these "large performance" boats and PWC, but they will not insure a 20' jet boat with an exposed engine.....?? :confused: Have I just missed all the writings on the small jetboats with open engines???

InKahntrol
09-13-2004, 07:37 AM
Sorry for the threadjacking, Regardless of what is debated, I am sure sorry to see anyone get hurt. Anyone, anywhere.
I didn't mean to get grouchy, I was just kind of shocked when I found out the details of the accident. The reality is that late saturday afternoon that end of the lake was practically deserted, the only reason for this accident was, as usual, driver error. I've been boating my entire life (mom used to go out in the flatbottom with dad while pregnant with me), and growing up learning safe boating practices (like don't follow close behind another boat) came before I even learned how to read. These days, however, you see more and more accidents as a result of either 1)drinking, or 2)inexperienced boaters buying huge super fast boats they can't handle.
Anyway, a sad sad day at the lake. My fear is that between the people who like to suck down carbon monoxide while "teak surfing" and the people who keep crashing, LE is going to be forced to really crack down. In fact, its already happening. We were in Havasu for the Campbell Regatta, and were informed that for the first time in over 30 YEARS, next year's regatta will not have any organized racing because the city is putting to much pressure on the head of our club (who happens to be mayor of Havasu) to end it. :frown:

ADDICTED
09-13-2004, 08:55 AM
We were all rookies at one time or another? You have to start somewhere right! Even though someone has been around something there entire life doesn't necesarly mean you are experienced. It comes down to common sence and seat time!
In regards to this topic I really dont no what to say. There really isn't much you can say now. But I hope everybody pulls through and will be back doing what they love (or loved) sooner then later.

Essex502
09-13-2004, 10:40 AM
Common sense seems to leave some of these boaters like the dollars from their wallet paying for the gasoline they're burning.
From the details released this sounds like a tragic collision.

HaulinAss
09-14-2004, 02:09 AM
oh im sure there are plenty of idiots no matter where you go it isnt just the west coast so thats sort of a :hammer2: lameass comment.

NashvilleBound
09-14-2004, 04:01 AM
oh im sure there are plenty of idiots no matter where you go it isnt just the west coast so thats sort of a :hammer2: lameass comment.
aLRIGHT ALREADY....Sheesh. I should not have made such a blanket statement. Its just the west coast is so crowded all the idiots crash into others, where as out here they just get lost or whatever. Go ahead and dog my rep like the rest. It was NOT pointed at anyone here. This group is always advocating responsibility.

mirvin
09-14-2004, 08:43 AM
aLRIGHT ALREADY....Sheesh. I should not have made such a blanket statement. Its just the west coast is so crowded all the idiots crash into others, where as out here they just get lost or whatever. Go ahead and dog my rep like the rest. It was NOT pointed at anyone here. This group is always advocating responsibility.
Yeah!! Leave the guy alone already!!:devil: IT's not like what he said isn't true..... :D Maybe that's why it hit home, eh fellas :rolleyes:
mirvin

HaulinAss
09-15-2004, 04:10 AM
nothing personal i posted that before reading the intire thread.but........although as i said before there are idiots no matter where you go.........

NashvilleBound
09-15-2004, 04:12 AM
No doubt.....(just so I am clear, I am agreeing with you!) :notam:

InKahntrol
09-15-2004, 06:37 AM
Actually, there were only about five boats on a two mile stretch of water that day... it WASN'T so crowded boats were running into each other, these particular people just weren't being very safe. I think this accident was a result of poor driving, not crowds or traffic. I've spent a fair amount of time in TN on business, and I've seen MORE than a few redneck morons cruising the highway out there. Every town has idiots, right NashvilleBound? :idea:

Sane Asylum
09-15-2004, 07:49 AM
NB.............Go to Old Hickory Lake on Labor day or July 4th as I've done many times.......They still run into each other, drink as much (or more than they do out here) and they do it all in big slow gayliners. (OK except for you.....Glad someone has a decent boat in that fine state)
I'm not bustin your chops........There's just a lot more go fast boats out here....As someone suggested it takes 2 seconds of inattention to change many lives.........
My sister still lives there (nashville) but she avoids Old Hickory on big weekends like the plague.
PS....Someone pointed out that you used to be one of these idiots up until about two months ago :rollside:
KIDDING......................

red rocker fan
09-15-2004, 09:28 AM
Sounds like to me the these Guys with the big boats an beer taps need to pull there heads out of there ass! An think about the people around them!

NashvilleBound
09-15-2004, 09:33 AM
NB.............Go to Old Hickory Lake on Labor day or July 4th as I've done many times.......They still run into each other, drink as much (or more than they do out here) and they do it all in big slow gayliners. (OK except for you.....Glad someone has a decent boat in that fine state)
I'm not bustin your chops........There's just a lot more go fast boats out here....As someone suggested it takes 2 seconds of inattention to change many lives.........
My sister still lives there (nashville) but she avoids Old Hickory on big weekends like the plague.
PS....Someone pointed out that you used to be one of these idiots up until about two months ago :rollside:
KIDDING......................
Something like that..but it was 4 months ago. :cool: Never been to Old Hickory but I hear the same stories.

castaway
09-15-2004, 03:10 PM
#1 I agree that boat has no business in Havasu and especially Parker
#2 That point wouldn't go 100 mph on the trailer much less in the water
what's wrong with it being in havasu??? and when was it in parker??? :confused:

Three Days Only
09-15-2004, 10:56 PM
In regards to this topic I really dont no what to say. There really isn't much you can say now. But I hope everybody pulls through and will be back doing what they love (or loved) sooner then later.
Very well said Shawn, I wasnt going to post on this thread, I just dont feel that it is my place to comment on a topic which involves a death of anothers family member, except to express condolences to the families involved.
Gods Speed to the Husband, children, family and friends of Jennifer Marie Myers. May you all find love from one another to help guide you through the days ahead.
Jeff

BoatPI
09-17-2004, 06:27 PM
As i mentioned eariler, now aparently our office www.boatman.com (Boatman.com) is being assigned this insurance claim/investigation. Anyone who was a witness to this tragedy or may have photographs please PM me. Thanks.