PDA

View Full Version : Need suggestions on a video camera

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-14-2004, 10:02 AM
I was thinking that I might want to mount a video camera on my boat so I can turn it on and record some movies while riding. I think I would mount it on one of the rails. It could also be cool to record as you come into coves where parties are and stuff like that.
Preferably it would be waterproof, easy to mount and have a remote so you can rotate it and start/stop/zoom...that kind of stuff. Any ideas or suggestions on where I could get one?
I know people do this on bikes and so forth but I don't know of anybody that has done it with a boating application.

Racer277
09-14-2004, 10:08 AM
Hi Tom,
I use a viosport lens to hook up to my sony cam.
Here is a waterproof version. Still uses the steadycam feature and sound.
Then the camera could be stored safely in the boat somewhere.
http://viosport.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=16155&cat=&page=
Doesn't use zoom though.
R277

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-14-2004, 10:19 AM
Hi Tom,
I use a viosport lens to hook up to my sony cam.
Here is a waterproof version. Still uses the steadycam feature and sound.
Then the camera could be stored safely in the boat somewhere.
http://viosport.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=16155&cat=&page=
Doesn't use zoom though.
R277
Thanks Sean. I will check it out.
Any other suggestions would be very welcome people.

rrrr
09-14-2004, 10:29 AM
Buy a camera that works well in low light and has a remote control. Don't forget the tripod!!!
:eek: :eek: :D

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-14-2004, 10:32 AM
Buy a camera that works well in low light and has a remote control. Don't forget the tripod!!!
:eek: :eek: :D
If you mount it on the railing with some type of quick release setup you won't need the tri-pod. Why the low light? Usually there is pretty of sunshine but I am not a camera expert or anything like that.

rrrr
09-14-2004, 10:42 AM
If you mount it on the railing with some type of quick release setup you won't need the tri-pod. Why the low light? Usually there is pretty of sunshine but I am not a camera expert or anything like that.
Uh, this is for after boating. I mean, heck, you don't want to spend all that money for just one thing, dooya? Is that a sufficient explanation? :D :D