PDA

View Full Version : McColluch Realty Corp. SUCKS!!!

prosthogod
09-14-2004, 10:41 AM
I could give all the little details, but I'll save my fingers. The short story is that My family and another rented a 5 bedroom house from them for the first week in Aug. We arrived to the house to find out we are not allowed to use the garage. This is a point I asked about prior to renting to store the boat in. Then looking around the house we see this place is a dump. Carpet stained everywhere, worn carpet withe tac strips in all the entrances, holes in the walls, Air conditioner that didn't cool, microwave that didn't work, ants in the bathroom and kitchen, I think you get the picture. We called to have these things addressed. We kept waiting everyday to get home off the lake and something done , and nothing! We finally asked to have a partial refund or put us in a different house for a couple of nights. They agreed to get a new house on friday morning, but decided not to by friday evening when we got off the lake. Luckily some friends who have a house in Havi let us crash there for 2 nights.
When I addressed all of this with the owner Brian Baumkichner, he looked at the property and agreed he wouldn't have his family stay there. We finally thought we would get some resolution, but shortly the after recieved a letter stating they wouldn't do anything for us.
This is where we stand now.
Please don't ever use the company again, and if anyone has any advise it would be welcome. :devil:

summerlove
09-14-2004, 11:54 AM
same people own the marina, see a trend.....
It's not the same owners as the marina. Which office did you use. I've used McCulloch for years as a property owner and never had a problem. Did you use the Vacation Center at the north end of town?

That Guy
09-14-2004, 12:05 PM
Use First Choice Properties and ask for Brenda Atkinson...they and she are great. First class properties at reasonable rates....

prosthogod
09-14-2004, 12:26 PM
It was the place on the north end of town, but Brian doesn't work out of there. It was totally F***ed up.

summerlove
09-14-2004, 01:14 PM
It was the place on the north end of town, but Brian doesn't work out of there. It was totally F***ed up.
That's too bad. I wish I would have known. I know those ladies very well and they work their tails off! Let me know if I can help, they manage my properties.

prosthogod
09-14-2004, 01:37 PM
I've rented at least 3 other properties from them this year and have always been clean and what we asked for. This time, I don't know what they were thinking. After all this went down they tell us it's a party house and they have no trouble renting it. If they had told me that when I told them 2 families would be there we would have never rented it. DID I MENTION THAT WITH MY BOAT PARKED OUT FRONT , IT GOT ROCKED ONE DAY AND A BIG JUG OF GATORADE THROWN ALL OVER IT ANOTHER.

Essex502
09-14-2004, 02:00 PM
I've rented from McCulloch Vacation Rentals many times before we bought our house in LHC and they were nothing short of great experiences. Out of curiosity, who did you deal with over there? If you prefer, send me a PM for the name of the rental agent so we don't send anyone else to that person.

prosthogod
09-14-2004, 02:07 PM
During our stay we delt with every person in that office trying to get somthing done about the conditions. What is totally bad business is I also delt with Brian and got no satisfaction even after he viewed the property and said it was a dump.(And we are just renting until our house is built also.)

locogringo
09-14-2004, 11:28 PM
Sorry to hear this. We rent our properties through McCullouch all the time and have had nothing but good experiences on their end. I too can attest that certain individulas work their tails off. PM me if you want and I will see what I can accomplish for you. Nothing sucks more than a feeling of being taken advantage of.
Daniel