PDA

View Full Version : Boat financing

Moe_Havi
09-14-2004, 11:33 PM
Does anybody know a good boat finance guy?
Moe

BajaMike
09-15-2004, 02:27 PM
I have been happy with Key Bank, they do financing and re-financing of boats at good interest rates.
You can call them at 800-539-0102.

In2Deep
09-16-2004, 01:02 PM
DO NOT -- I REPEAT -- DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH KEYBANK.
Very long story made short;
Had a loan financed with them for 9 years. Perfect payment history.
Sold my boat in November. Mid November I called Keybank and asked for proper procedure to pay-off my loan and get title transferred to new owner.
1. Was given direction by them on an acceptable form of payoff payment. Personal check would be fine. Did that. Uncashed check returned "unacceptable form of payment".
2. Called and was told information I was provided was not correct -- and to send them different form of payment. Cashier's Check. Did that. Cashier's check returned "unacceptable form of payment"
3. Called again. Told that previous two customer service reps had provided me incorrect information. Send money order. Did that. That worked.
That process took almost 4 months (additional 3 months of boat payments made by me...and interest accrued as a result. Remember....all this AFTER I had sold the boat)
When I called to complain and ask for a credit back on the interest due to their neglegence -- was told to make a written request, and that it would be considered in "committee".
Did that. Request rejected.
During all of this -- was in process of building new boat, and already had pre-approved loan from Keybank all lined-up. Loan amount apx. 6x larger than previous loan.
Needless to say I cancelled the financing.
My dealer lined me up with Firstar.
Better deal.
dh

Boat Loan Guy
09-16-2004, 02:06 PM
Moe, I do boat loans PM or call 714-962-5554 ext22
Chris

slink
09-16-2004, 02:53 PM
Hey Chris were's my CL ? Biatch

Boat Loan Guy
09-16-2004, 02:56 PM
At my house getting cold, why did you miss guys weekend? Its taken three days to recover,but I am starting to feel back to my old self, just in time for the weekend.

slink
09-16-2004, 03:32 PM
Had to fly out to Vegas friday on a homicide case