PDA

View Full Version : The Shocker seen at bottom of ocean!!

SoCalOffshore
09-15-2004, 10:15 AM
AOW Diver throughing the Shocker at 120 feet down, off of Anacapa Island.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/100P1010321.JPG

NastyOne
09-15-2004, 10:17 AM
Ahhhhhhh hahahahahaha.... funny chit man. :D

TrojanDan
09-15-2004, 10:29 AM
Is that the Scubapro S600 regulator and mk25 first stage you are using? How do you like it? I'm looking at getting that set-up next month.

OGShocker
09-15-2004, 10:31 AM
Very nice!
How did your dive buddy feel about it? :2purples: :2purples: :crossx:

SoCalOffshore
09-15-2004, 10:33 AM
Is that the Scubapro S600 regulator and mk25 first stage you are using? How do you like it? I'm looking at getting that set-up next month.
Yes it is and they work great. They breathe real well.

SoCalOffshore
09-15-2004, 10:34 AM
Very nice!
How did your dive buddy feel about it? :2purples: :2purples: :crossx:
She is just lucky she was in a 7mm wetsuit!! :jawdrop:

DCB
09-15-2004, 11:18 AM
Take a look at the Atomic reg's before you buy the overpriced Scubapro stuff. A little history - the original designers of the early scubapro reg's (Mk20-g250, D400 etc) started their own company years ago. I have overhauled a lot of reg's when I was in the scuba buisness, and the Atomic stuff always looked the best after years of service. Just my .02 :D

PlyaPlya22
09-15-2004, 11:21 AM
She is just lucky she was in a 7mm wetsuit!! :jawdrop:
If you do it right, you can get right through there :D

TrojanDan
09-15-2004, 11:36 AM
Take a look at the Atomic reg's before you buy the overpriced Scubapro stuff. A little history - the original designers of the early scubapro reg's (Mk20-g250, D400 etc) started their own company years ago. I have overhauled a lot of reg's when I was in the scuba buisness, and the Atomic stuff always looked the best after years of service. Just my .02 :D
I know Atomic only makes regs, if I am correct, whereas Scubapro makes a sh*tpod of scuba stuff. What Atomic reg. do you recommend that is comparible to the S600? I was looking at Atomic's SS1 as a secondary source/bc inflator. I saw a pretty killer deal at Leisurepro (a scuba shop in NY with a website) that sells the S600/mk25 combo for $389. Dive shops sell them for around $525+.
So are you saying the early Scubapro designers started Atomic? Atomic was my second choice.

SoCalOffshore
09-15-2004, 12:57 PM
If you do it right, you can get right through there :D
From you avatar, I know your a man of experience. :D

Three Days Only
09-15-2004, 01:37 PM
AOW Diver throughing the Shocker at 120 feet down, off of Anacapa Island.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/100P1010321.JPG
Sure is light down there for 120 feet.

PlyaPlya22
09-15-2004, 01:44 PM
Sure is light down there for 120 feet.
They're at Sea World :D

DCB
09-15-2004, 01:53 PM
I am not sure, but I think atomic still only makes 3 regs, the T1, B1, and the Z1. T=all titanium, B=brass 1st stage with all titanium second stage, Z1= all zirconium. If money allowed, the B1 would be the reg of choice for the recreational diver. Retails for about $630. I would not recomend buying anything from an online source. You will not be backed by the manufacturers warranty, you will only have Leisure Pro's warranty, and if something goes wrong at 120ft...trust me, you'll want the manufacturers warranty.

SoCalOffshore
09-15-2004, 02:21 PM
They're at Sea World :D
Don't give away my secret. I am just glad you can't see Shamu behind us. Actually, two pics were taken, one at 40 and one at 120. The camera had a strobe light, so maybe this was 40 feet. :wink: It is still the Shocker!

WUTWZAT
09-15-2004, 07:25 PM
I had this fuscia, ok pink No Fear hitch cover on my truck. Its the Iron Cross and said So Cal on it, well my buddy at work who airbrushes said I gotta get that gay thing off your truck, so he based it silver and after much deliberation, I said I know paint the OG Shocker on it. I think he will finish it this weekend so I'll post pics then.
Jason

LUVNLIFE
09-15-2004, 07:44 PM
That shocker is gettin around. Soon to be at football games, parades,church and such places :D

FOURQ
09-15-2004, 08:39 PM
i got one as well and love it....better than the apex stuff just my .02¢

Three Days Only
09-15-2004, 10:52 PM
if something goes wrong at 120ft...trust me, you'll want the manufacturers warranty.
And a spare regulator!!!!!!!!!! I puked in my old sherwood oasis regulator around 14 -15 years ago at 90 some feet and the bitch clogged up. After screwing with it for what felt like an eternity I finally grabbed my little spare air tank and swam to a buddy close buy quickly I might add It was a long ascent plus a saftey stop, without the extra small tank and my buddy I would have been doing the old emergency acsent. Normally I always had a spare regulator, but the diaphram inside was F'd up and leaking air the dive before so we pullled the hose and plugged it. Just bad luck, descending to fast, narced, and puked like a mofo. Good times
Jeff

SoCalOffshore
09-17-2004, 07:32 AM
I talked to my instructor about Atomic regs, which they sell. He likes them and said if Scubapro went away that is what they would advise getting. Either one is great he said, but he still prefers the Scubapro and strongly advises on annual maintanence. He said Atomic only advises bi annual maintancence. He said with proper maintanence Scubapro will tast forever and they have lifetime warranties.

ROZ
09-17-2004, 08:56 AM
if something goes wrong at 120ft...trust me, you'll want the manufacturers warranty.
Something tells me that a breathing aparatus failure at 120ft down a warranty is the least of your worries :D

DCB
09-17-2004, 10:03 AM
scubapro requires anual maint because they do not use as high grade of orings and internal parts that the atomic regs do. When I owned a scuba shop, I personaly tested all the regs that the companies would give me, including scubapro's full line, and the atomic was still my first choice. I personaly overhauled more regs than I can remember, and in doing so, you get to look at all the internals, after they get a year or two worth of dives on them, and once again, atomic always looked the best inside. Just my .02 once again. If you do buy the scubapro, do the anual maint every year, and keep all paperwork, even if you don't us it, or your lifetime warranty will be void. FYI, atomic does not care about how often you maintain it, only that you buy it from an authorized dealer. sorry to ramble!

Backtanner
09-17-2004, 10:20 AM
I am not sure, but I think atomic still only makes 3 regs, the T1, B1, and the Z1. T=all titanium, B=brass 1st stage with all titanium second stage, Z1= all zirconium. If money allowed, the B1 would be the reg of choice for the recreational diver. Retails for about $630. I would not recomend buying anything from an online source. You will not be backed by the manufacturers warranty, you will only have Leisure Pro's warranty, and if something goes wrong at 120ft...trust me, you'll want the manufacturers warranty.
If you contact scubatoys.com they will match Leisurepro's price and you get the manufacturer's warranty.

THATJEFFGUY
09-17-2004, 11:51 AM
Not to hijack your thread SoCal..but I think we all need to order one of these and fly em high at the river ! Whadda you guys think ??
The Shocker (http://www.bigshocker.com/)
..or one of these !!!
Shocker t-shirt (http://www.tomorrowideation.com/getoffended/Shirtpages/shocker.html)

PlyaPlya22
09-17-2004, 11:57 AM
From you avatar, I know your a man of experience. :D
I do what I can :p

FOURQ
09-17-2004, 01:14 PM
if you get the scuba pro from a dealer then it comes with free parts for the service for life.. thats one of the benafits of getting it from a dealer and with a warenty...scuba toys will match any price and they are great pepole that stand behind what they sell.. i have seen lots of tech divers in and out of that store and they all love it ..not to mention its the closest store to me with nitrox :) i was out a couple of weeks ago and my dive budy has an apex setup with is rated better than the scuba pro and it took a big shit only at 45 ft.. the first stage stoped workin after 15 min .. i turned it off on the acent and then turned it back on and it worked for the rest of the dive :eek: if it was me i would go with the s600.. they use viton orings now so they are lasting longer then they used to with the bunna orings..just my .02¢
4Q