PDA

View Full Version : Extream Trailers

mmered8299
09-15-2004, 01:01 PM
Anybody got a connection with these guys. I bought a used boat last week and towed it to the river. Its a 24' Tige. It was pulling my F350 around. When I got home I checked the trailer and there were no leaf springs. WTF. I would think something this heavy would have some kind of suspension. It bounces down the high way and jerks the truck. I wondering if I could add the leaf springs on now the its all built?

billet racing
09-15-2004, 01:05 PM
Possibly you have torsion bar suspension? Looksa like a drop axle turned sideways. These are actually pretty good. prefer over the leaf springs. Much quieter.

RiverToysJas
09-15-2004, 01:08 PM
Tortion is much better than leaf. I think Extreme started using Tortion early in 2002, but it might have been an option earlier than that.
RTJas :D

Unforgiven
09-15-2004, 01:29 PM
EXTREME built my trailer with torsion..wish my race trailer rode that nice

LOWRIVER2
09-15-2004, 01:45 PM
Too bad such a good trailer co. can't get decent safety cables. My Sgt. has an 03 trailer and his clear plastic lined cables show rust from the inside out just past the hooks. He asked them if they could get black ones and they said they only have clear now. This trailer stays garaged in Bullhead and no salt ever. Pretty lame if you ask me. Extreme said it was'nt under warranty as the cables "work" so my neighbor is spraying the plastic lined section with his Vortex rig. Should look nice compared to shitty rust look.

Havasu Cig
09-15-2004, 01:47 PM
Tell him to replace the cables with straps. They don't tangle and won't rust. I know Extreme offers this as an option and I would see if they would trade him out for the cables.

LOWRIVER2
09-15-2004, 02:01 PM
They would'nt trade, wanted money for the straps and he's not paying a cent. The guy's a Metro Sgt. II so it's not about money, just a fair deal to replace what's not right. He said he's got the clear anodized steps with the rubber inserts and that they spot everytime he dips the thing in the water. He says he wipes them down after each exit but the water runs down and spots. I said go with no steps as the old diamond plate and these things probably rust over time. I wonder if it would be too much for Extreme to silicone around the rivets or the whole underside of the plates to prevent the rust thing. That seems to be a common problem on all trailers with the steps after 4-5 years/all fresh water.

Havasu Cig
09-15-2004, 02:12 PM
That's to bad, I owned two Extremes and they were always good to me. I can definitely understand his frustration.

LOWRIVER2
09-15-2004, 02:19 PM
Yeah, the guy's been a boater over 30years and has had many boats. He readily admits Extreme is the best out there overall, but is disappointed with their response on this relatively minor request. Even his stickers on the tubes started flaking off and this thing stays out there and is garaged. Once again it's minor but it's stuff a co. like Extreme should get a handle on. He's anal about his toys like his tactics, and that's a good thing.

Havasu Cig
09-15-2004, 02:22 PM
Maybe someone reading this thread has a connection at Extreme and can help the guy out. I wonder if the dealer he bought the boat from could be of any help?
I currently own a Myco and would put their customer service a little above Extreme because of some of the things they have done for me. I would have put Extreme right behind them though. :confused:

MudPumper
09-15-2004, 05:00 PM
There was a thread a while back about a guy who had rusty cables on a 2 yr old or so trailer and they snapped when his trailer became unhitched. I was going to buy a new Extreme trailer for my boat but couldn't get Eddie Rowland to return any of my 5 phone calls. :confused: