PDA

View Full Version : CHP just gave me the evil eye

Phat Matt
09-16-2004, 02:11 AM
I was just on my way home from one of my promotions and I was on the 10 about a mile from my exit. I was doing between 75 and 80 in the fast lane about a couple miles from my exit. When I went to get in the right lane to exit, this car comes up on me fast in the right lane next to me, so I pulled back into the fast lane. I look over and it's CHP. He rode next to me for a couple of miles and I couldn't get over to make my exit. Yeah, I was speeding a little but it's 3am and nobody is on the road. I am also driving a Infiniti G35 coupe so 75 feels like nothing. I slowed down until he finally pulled ahead and then made the next exit but, damn, I hate that feeling you get when you think you are going to get pulled over! :2purples:
Oh well, time for bed. :sleeping:

essexjet
09-16-2004, 02:17 AM
Phatmatt;
at 3am I think it should be like the river speeds, resonable and prudent!!! If no one is one the freeway who goes 65? WTF

Duke
09-16-2004, 02:17 AM
dont know what you drove before, but the chp LOVED it when i did those speeds in my civic... in other words, it only gets better :hammer2: :hammer2:

Kilrtoy
09-16-2004, 05:30 AM
Its 3 A.M. , they were checking to see if your drunk..... :coffeycup

BoatFloating
09-16-2004, 06:38 AM
Matt, great meeting you and goldie locks this past weekend. You should try and make the damn run Oct 9th that will be my next and final trip unfortunetly...

FastTimmy
09-16-2004, 06:49 AM
I was just on my way home from one of my promotions and I was on the 10 about a mile from my exit. I was doing between 75 and 80 in the fast lane about a couple miles from my exit. When I went to get in the right lane to exit, this car comes up on me fast in the right lane next to me, so I pulled back into the fast lane. I look over and it's CHP. He rode next to me for a couple of miles and I couldn't get over to make my exit. Yeah, I was speeding a little but it's 3am and nobody is on the road. I am also driving a Infiniti G35 coupe so 75 feels like nothing. I slowed down until he finally pulled ahead and then made the next exit but, damn, I hate that feeling you get when you think you are going to get pulled over! :2purples:
Oh well, time for bed. :sleeping:
So what your saying is that you were driveing next to speeding CHP officer that was rode raging you :mad: . Must be the above the law thing :eek:
Funny how ever story could have to sides :D
Timmy

Roxysnow
09-16-2004, 07:03 AM
He was running a check on your plates. Typically they will do that if the follow for the than a few miles, especially at 3am.

Phat Matt
09-16-2004, 07:54 AM
Phatmatt;
at 3am I think it should be like the river speeds, resonable and prudent!!! If no one is one the freeway who goes 65? WTF
Yeah, I'm thinking Autobahn speeds!
Its 3 A.M. , they were checking to see if your drunk.....
I thought maybe he just wanted to race. :jawdrop:
Matt, great meeting you and goldie locks this past weekend. You should try and make the damn run Oct 9th that will be my next and final trip unfortunetly...
You too! We had a great time and it's makes you realize how small the world really is. We haven't commited yet either way what we are doing that weekend but I'll let you know.
So what your saying is that you were driveing next to speeding CHP officer that was rode raging you . Must be the above the law thing
Funny how ever story could have to sides
Timmy
That's what happened to a T, except he kept on tapping his shotgun on the window. :2purples:
He was running a check on your plates. Typically they will do that if the follow for the than a few miles, especially at 3am.
I thought maybe he was checking to see if I had any donuts. :eat:

PlyaPlya22
09-16-2004, 08:03 AM
Your like either pull me over or get the F&%$ out of the way :smile:

EmpirE231
09-16-2004, 08:38 AM
anyone ever see "super troopers"? they're probably just F'n w/ you. meowwww

RiverOtter
09-16-2004, 08:41 AM
I am also driving a Infiniti G35 coupe so 75 feels like nothing. I slowed down until he finally pulled ahead and then made the next exit but, damn, I hate that feeling you get when you think you are going to get pulled over! :2purples:
125 feels pretty solid in the Gcoup too... Not that I would know for experience... :D

Phat Matt
09-16-2004, 08:47 AM
I am also driving a Infiniti G35 coupe so 75 feels like nothing. I slowed down until he finally pulled ahead and then made the next exit but, damn, I hate that feeling you get when you think you are going to get pulled over! :2purples:
125 feels pretty solid in the Gcoup too... Not that I would know for experience... :D
From what I have heard 140 isn't too bad either... :jawdrop: :D

Scream
09-16-2004, 08:53 AM
Jeez Matt, at 3AM you were probably the only friend this chippie had in the world at the time, he just wanted a buddy to run with...lol
Gettin the stink eye from johnny law doin 10 over kinda sux, but it's a story you can tell when your fit shaced...
Scream

Phat Matt
09-16-2004, 08:55 AM
Jeez Matt, at 3AM you were probably the only friend this chippie had in the world at the time, he just wanted a buddy to run with...lol
Gettin the stink eye from johnny law doin 10 over kinda sux, but it's a story you can tell when your fit shaced...
Scream
Or on the boards just before bed cuz I couldn't wake up Goldilocks to tell her. :)

Scream
09-16-2004, 08:57 AM
LMAO,,,
Zackly
What's up with Goldi, can't she wake up and hear a great story at 3AM? Too many green teas n Turi probably...lol

PlyaPlya22
09-16-2004, 09:02 AM
Have a 1988 Hyundai Excel and 110 mph feels great until I stop and start getting hit in the head :D

Phat Matt
09-16-2004, 09:05 AM
Have a 1988 Hyundai Excel and 110 mph feels great until I stop and start getting hit in the head :D
Is that thing Whippled? :supp:

Havasu_Dreamin
09-16-2004, 09:22 AM
I don't think anyone else is getting your reference, but I got it. :D

Her454
09-16-2004, 09:25 AM
I have a question...............Say there is a warrant for an unpaid traffic ticket that you completely forgot (because you got 3 in 2 month period and thought you paid them all :( ).....and you get pulled over and they run your license and pull up a warrant for the ticket......
Do they then HAVE to take you to jail or is it up to their discretion?
Her454 ~ Going to take care of it but more than a little nervous....... :supp:

Scream
09-16-2004, 09:27 AM
Wow, when Deb and I met she had an Excel. That thing couldn't get out of it's own way, let alone got over 75...

PlyaPlya22
09-16-2004, 09:40 AM
You Da Man HD. They call me King! "Rodney King" :D
Damn drunk azz HB members, can't tell when PlyaPlya is tellin a joke :rollside:

dicudmore
09-16-2004, 09:44 AM
been off the board a while....
definitely got the reference, its funnier now that I work for Hyundai :hammer2:

dicudmore
09-16-2004, 09:46 AM
You Da Man HD. They call me King! "Rodney King" :D
Damn drunk azz HB members, can't tell when PlyaPlya is tellin a joke :rollside:
some of these drunk azz members are just at work :squiggle: :(

PlyaPlya22
09-16-2004, 09:51 AM
been off the board a while....
definitely got the reference, its funnier now that I work for Hyundai :hammer2:
You should make him a spokesman :p

Havasu_Dreamin
09-16-2004, 09:57 AM
You should make him a spokesman :p
I got my Hyundai up to 110. I got my a$$ beat for it, but the car hedl together well. LMAO
If someone is offended it's a joke. :p

topless
09-16-2004, 10:08 AM
I have a question...............Say there is a warrant for an unpaid traffic ticket that you completely forgot (because you got 3 in 2 month period and thought you paid them all :( ).....and you get pulled over and they run your license and pull up a warrant for the ticket......
Do they then HAVE to take you to jail or is it up to their discretion?
Her454 ~ Going to take care of it but more than a little nervous....... :supp:
I don't think they HAVE to take you to jail but they could. When I was going through my divorce, my ex got my car repossesed so he got a rental for me until I bought another car. I parked in a no parking zone and got a ticket which I never paid because the car was in his name. Years later he got stopped and arrested because of the unpaid ticket.........OOOOPS. Revenge felt good at the time. ( now I'm sure I'll get neg rep points for this one) :rolleyes:

Her454
09-16-2004, 10:11 AM
I got in a pretty bad wreck in a Hyundai and it held up pretty well...considering......... :rolleyes:

RiverToysJas
09-16-2004, 10:17 AM
I made a fast move around some traffic one night on the 55Frwy. I was in our Del Sol. Suddenly the car lighted up from above. The Helicopter was over me with the spotlight. So I slowed to the speed limit......he stayed on my, with the spot light. After about 30 seconds, I made a "what the ****?" gesture out the window, and started braking to a stop.....not pulling over, just stopping right there in my lane on the freeway. He immediately shut off the light and pealed away. :D
RTJas :D

Phat Matt
09-16-2004, 10:26 AM
I made a fast move around some traffic one night on the 55Frwy. I was in our Del Sol. Suddenly the car lighted up from above. The Helicopter was over me with the spotlight. So I slowed to the speed limit......he stayed on my, with the spot light. After about 30 seconds, I made a "what the ****?" gesture out the window, and started braking to a stop.....not pulling over, just stopping right there in my lane on the freeway. He immediately shut off the light and pealed away. :D
RTJas :D
I bet if you threw him the shocker he would have left you alone. :D
I should have thought of that this morning! :cool: