PDA

View Full Version : Carrera Protest ?!?

MrsSigEpMock
09-16-2004, 08:46 AM
Hey all,
I was wondering if anybody knows about the guy outside my window protesting Carrera Boats. :confused: Apperently he's been the talk of the office all this week (I just got back from Vacation @ Havasu of Course) and don't know the full scoop.
Here's the version I got so far....
He had some work done on his couple-years-old boat (Aftermarket) and the fuel cell had a leak. He had it out and it caught fire. It looks like a 23-25' Cat, toasted from about 2-3' in front on the cockpit area all the way back. He must be pretty :mad: because he has had people on the 91 and frontage road Honking and stopping all week, currently 2 cars are pulled over talking to hm right now. I guess I could go get it from the horses mouth, but I like to hear all the different versions out there if any. Thanks Guys!
I'll let you know when I get a break to go out!

PHX ATC
09-16-2004, 08:47 AM
I hate to burst your bubble, but I think that's the AFTERSHOCK boat people have been talking about.
There's several posts about it, one about 7 pages long. Enjoy. :)
EDIT: Here ya goAftershock burned up topic (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57736)

Jordy
09-16-2004, 08:49 AM
So now it's been a Shockwave, a Carrera, a Commander, an Aftershock... did I miss one?? :D

MrsSigEpMock
09-16-2004, 08:49 AM
Thanks! They are botj in the same Building/Management next door to me. Sorry about the lateness, :sleeping: again I was enjoying my time off.

PHX ATC
09-16-2004, 08:50 AM
Let's throw Nordic and Schiada in there for good measure.
Kinda like leftover mystery stew. Throw them all in there for good measure. :D

rivercrazy
09-16-2004, 08:50 AM
So now it's been a Shockwave, a Carrera, a Commander, an Aftershock... did I miss one?? :D
Ahhhh - Its never been a Shockwave!

dicudmore
09-16-2004, 08:51 AM
lets not forget.....
Aftershock and Carrera are THE SAME BUILDING so mrssigepmock is correct....

PHX ATC
Thanks! They are botj in the same Building/Management next door to me. Sorry about the lateness, :sleeping: again I was enjoying my time off.
Can't blame you for that at all. Some good reading for the first 3 or 4 pages, then it falls off a bit. The owner hasn't posted in here, but, then again, I can't blame him really.
Hope you had a good time.

MrsSigEpMock
Just on this road in about a 1/2Mile are Carrera/Aftershock, Caliber & now Ultra just moved in from the other side of town. (Don't throw Ultra in, That's what I have) ;)

RiverOtter
Virage :D

PHX ATC
09-16-2004, 08:52 AM
We are just quoting all the names of boat manufs that other people have thought were involved. We all know it's Aftershock, but everyone thinks it is something different, so we are just naming up all the suspect boats listed by folks on the boards...no foul intended.

MrsSigEpMock
09-16-2004, 08:52 AM
lets not forget.....
Aftershock and Carrera are THE SAME BUILDING so mrssigepmock is correct....
Thanks!!! :p

MrsSigEpMock
09-16-2004, 08:54 AM
Just on this road in about a 1/2Mile are Carrera/Aftershock, Caliber & now Ultra just moved in from the other side of town. (Don't throw Ultra in, That's what I have) ;)
I forgot Tige's on this road too, but it's obviously not one of those

Havasu_Dreamin
09-16-2004, 08:54 AM
Don't get the tighty whities in a bunch, I think Jordy was just referring to the confusion on what boat it actually is. :idea:

Phat Matt
09-16-2004, 08:58 AM
Are you sure it wasn't a Skater? :crossx:

Aqua Boogie1
09-16-2004, 10:25 AM
Whats the deal...........You get a deal on real estate if your a boat mfg on that specific road???? :confused: :rolleyes:

jackpunx
09-16-2004, 10:43 AM
Its Stoker..those things blow up all the time :D

Uplink
09-16-2004, 12:57 PM
Shockwave must be feeling the negative effects of this guy in the future, most new buyers/boat shoppers will get them confused with Aftershock ( I used to, but definately know the difference now) They are going to really have to distance themselfs now. :)
Mark

rivercrazy
09-16-2004, 01:10 PM
Don't get the tighty whities in a bunch, I think Jordy was just referring to the confusion on what boat it actually is. :idea:
No whities in a bunch here! Bottom line is the boat discussed is an Aftershock and Aftershock has zero affiliation in anyway with Shockwave. That is like confusing Essex with Ebtide just because there the name starts witn an E! :shift:

bordsmnj
09-16-2004, 01:29 PM
Its Stoker..those things blow up all the time :D
IT'S NOT A STOKER!!! I TAKE SERIOUS OFFENSE TO THAT!! BLAH!! BLAH!! BLAHH!! ETC.!!
j/k :D

Dave C
09-16-2004, 01:51 PM
lets throw the DCB (cult) in there too... those guys are worse than Heaven's gate :rollside: :crossx: :skull: ;)

BoatFloating
09-16-2004, 02:35 PM
You Shockwave guys are almost reaching DCB cult status. The guy out there claiming what happened is full of S H I T. And nobody is going get the 2 companies confused if they know anything about boating.... Lighten Up Frances..

BADBLOWN572
09-16-2004, 03:26 PM
I was up there today and I first heard the story from the employees of Aftershock then I went and talked to the owner of the boat.
Both Aftershock and the owner agree
1) that the owner purchased the hull blank approximately 3-4 years ago. The hull came with the tanks installed, but nothing else.
2) Another company (unnamed) rigged the boat including installing the gas fills in the incorrect location.
3) Owner went to Aftershock and asked that they remove the gas fills and fill the wholes in the hull and repair gel coat. Aftershock performed requested operations.
4) Customer had subcontracted out to another company to re-locate gas fills (approximately 1 year after initial purchase of boat). Other company violated USCGA regulations.
5) Gas fills were re-located under the engine hatch and in the gunnels of the boat. Any spillage will drain directly into the bilge. Additionally, gas fills were vented and would vent gas fumes directly into engine compartment.
6) Customer used the boat for approximately 2-3 years with no problems.
7) Prior to explosion, both tanks had large amount of gas in the boat.
8) Customer did not have any sort of insurance on the boat and therefore is going after the company who has the most amount of money.
9) The boat was never registered and ran for 3-4 years with no identification.
Things that they disagree on
1) Customer believes that Aftershock did not properly install tanks
2) Customer believes that Aftershock must pay for blown up boat because he did not have insurance.
I spoke to the guy and from what I have heard from both sides (and seen) is that I believe that this guy is an idiot and is just looking to get a free ride as done in past. (Public reccord) I said to him, "Why don't you just turn it into your insurance company, and if they investigate and find out that Aftershock was negligent, they will go after them to re-capture their money." He said that he didn't have insurance for the boat. I said "well that was pretty stupid." He got upset and tried to blame it on Aftershock.
Coming from within the industry, I can honestly say that I do not believe that any boat manufacturer would locate the gas fills in the rear of the engine hatch. If the Coast Guard found out, it would be heavy fines. The Coast Guard does annual inspections to confirm that the manufacturers are building the boats to the required specifications. If not, they can loose their Coast Guard approval (NOT GOOD). I have also seen many other Violator cats and their gas fills are not installed within the engine compartment. The installation of the gas tanks is not an issue, but the issue is with the placement of the gas fills. That Aftershock had nothing to do with. Personally, I believe that this guy is a piece of poop and would not believe one word that he said. Just my .02

Kilrtoy
09-16-2004, 03:39 PM
I always use to confuse
Howard and Hallet
and
Commander and Cigarette

rivercrazy
09-16-2004, 03:49 PM
And Aftershock and Carrera! J/K LOL! :D

carreraboat
09-16-2004, 04:00 PM
Shouln't this be called aftershock protest not carrera?

BoatFloating
09-16-2004, 04:11 PM
I agree the thread starter needs to change the title to Aftershock.
BB572 (Danny) move your response to the correct thread. No need to confuse people anymore. Copy and Delete it and put it here. (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?p=895313#post895313)

DryHeatOnly
09-16-2004, 04:18 PM
I forgot Tige's on this road too, but it's obviously not one of those
...and Commander's showroom is a block away. ;)
Shockwave is a block from Caliber (or is that Ultra :jawdrop: now)

Jordy
09-16-2004, 08:02 PM
I always use to confuse
Howard and Hallet
and
Commander and Cigarette
I get Nordic and Nortech confused. :D :D :D

Waldo
09-16-2004, 10:59 PM
Carrera sucks! Who's with me?????????????????????? :yuk: :rollside: :confused: ;) :sqeyes: :D :devil: