PDA

View Full Version : Grey Goose (D-ROW)

PlyaPlya22
09-16-2004, 11:19 AM
I have been hearing all this talk about the Goose. I think I am gonna grab a few bottles this weekend and pound them down. I gotta know what's up with this stuff. What I do need to know is how do you hook it up??? If any of you know me I am a Jack Daniels man but will destroy any drink in my path :D
Thanks for the Info.
Plya

BoatFloating
09-16-2004, 11:25 AM
I have been hearing all this talk about the Goose. I think I am gonna grab a few bottles this weekend and pound them down. I gotta know what's up with this stuff. What I do need to know is how do you hook it up??? If any of you know me I am a Jack Daniels man but will destroy any drink in my path :D
Thanks for the Info.
Plya
You Called :D
If you like JD I assume you like it with Coke? So you like sweet drinks. Try Grey Goose with Ocean Spray Cran-Rasberry. I like my Goose with Red Bull or Rock Star both sugar free. The sugar free helps keep sugar intake down and you feel better in the morning. Either way after a night of Goose you feel like a champ the next day.... :shift:

PlyaPlya22
09-16-2004, 11:41 AM
You Called :D
If you like JD I assume you like it with Coke? So you like sweet drinks. Try Grey Goose with Ocean Spray Cran-Rasberry. I like my Goose with Red Bull or Rock Star both sugar free. The sugar free helps keep sugar intake down and you feel better in the morning. Either way after a night of Goose you feel like a champ the next day.... :shift:
Thanks for the info BF. I'm gonna test some mixes with the Goose. I'll have a full report on Monday.

lewiville
09-16-2004, 12:32 PM
how about Kettle One. I golfed Pelican hill once with the distributers of Kettle One and they turned me on to the stuff ( lemon flavor ) and threw down 10 lemon airplan bottle's. It's great to drink straight :cool:

rivercrazy
09-16-2004, 01:17 PM
Goose & tonic (schwepps)
Goose & orange juice
Goose bloodymary's
Goose Greyhounds
Goose Strait up!
Goose martini's
It don't matter with Goose. Its all good bro.....By far the best Vodka I've had.

FRENCHIE
09-16-2004, 01:26 PM
Goose & the Nana!!! :) You know how us true Plya's do it!! :p

Captain Dan
09-16-2004, 01:26 PM
Let's be honest here - if you are going to mix your Vodka, does it really matter if it's Smirnoff or Grey Goose? Seems to be an abuse of funds here.
Straight down is another matter.

PlyaPlya22
09-16-2004, 01:53 PM
Ride em hard and put them away wet :D

PlyaPlya22
09-16-2004, 01:57 PM
Let's be honest here - if you are going to mix your Vodka, does it really matter if it's Smirnoff or Grey Goose? Seems to be an abuse of funds here.
I have to disagree with you there. I don't care what you mix cheap liqour with, your gonna know it was cheap liqour in the morning. It all goes back to you get what you pay for.

BoatFloating
09-16-2004, 02:05 PM
Did you bump your head man..... :hammer2: If you think you'll feel the same drinking Smirnoff instead of Goose all night come talk to me in the morning after and then we will know the difference..... :idea:

Captain Dan
09-16-2004, 02:07 PM
I have to disagree with you there. I don't care what you mix cheap liqour with, your gonna know it was cheap liqour in the morning. It all goes back to you get what you pay for.
Maybe my liver is a great processor, but mixing expensive vodka does nothing for me - the Triple Distilled Smirnoff from Costco (when mixed) does the same for me as Absolut, etc. No hangovers either, even when an obscene amount is consumed.
Now if your talking Popov, or the local corner liquor store stuff - no argument there!

PlyaPlya22
09-16-2004, 02:11 PM
I can't drink cheap liqour. I consume too much, so it has to be the good stuff!

DrewDown
09-16-2004, 02:11 PM
I don't drink

Captain Dan
09-16-2004, 02:12 PM
Did you bump your head man..... :hammer2: If you think you'll feel the same drinking Smirnoff instead of Goose all night come talk to me in the morning after and then we will know the difference..... :idea:
All I'm saying is mixing good vodka with Red Bull is a waste of cash. I don;t mix cheap vodka - let's call it mid-grade.
What makes you feel bad in the morning is all that crappy Coors Light. Never did like that stuff, and it seems everyone at the river drinks it. Certainly not for the flavor.

PlyaPlya22
09-16-2004, 02:12 PM
I don't drink
I'm sorry :jawdrop:

Captain Dan
09-16-2004, 02:13 PM
I don't drink
Don't you get thirsty? :wink:

DrewDown
09-16-2004, 02:18 PM
I like to have a Odouls or a shurrly temple ounce in a while.

Three Days Only
09-16-2004, 02:29 PM
Thats what im talking about, straight out the bottle.
how about Kettle One. I golfed Pelican hill once with the distributers of Kettle One and they turned me on to the stuff ( lemon flavor ) and threw down 10 lemon airplan bottle's. It's great to drink straight
Kettle One has to much bite, Goose is way smoother!! The next morning factor is real important for me also. I got sick for three days off kettle. Never off the Goose.
If you drink like us D-Row folks, it matters. Those extra times the vodka goes thru the still really cleans out all the bad alcohols and leaves you with only the good stuff which really helps in the long run, especially for the true professionals like BF and myself.
Maybe my liver is a great processor, but mixing expensive vodka does nothing for me - the Triple Distilled Smirnoff from Costco (when mixed) does the same for me as Absolut, etc. No hangovers either, even when an obscene amount is consumed.
Drink Goose for a couple of weekends, then try to go back to the junk. Just the taste of the cheap shit will be enough to change you forever.
The only other Vodka's I will tolerate are Belvedere or Level, everything else is below par. In fact if a bar that only serves Sky or Kettle, I move to captain and coke, and then piss fire in the morning.

Captain Dan
09-16-2004, 02:44 PM
Thats what im talking about, straight out the bottle.
If you drink like us D-Row folks, it matters. Those extra times the vodka goes thru the still really cleans out all the bad alcohols and leaves you with only the good stuff which really helps in the long run, especially for the true professionals like BF and myself.
Drink Goose for a couple of weekends, then try to go back to the junk. Just the taste of the cheap shit will be enough to change you forever.
The only other Vodka's I will tolerate are Belvedere or Level, everything else is below par. In fact if a bar that only serves Sky or Kettle, I move to captain and coke, and then piss fire in the morning.
OK, OK Fine. I'll try it.
You notice how all good alcoholics trend towards vodka? It's a natural progression.

Rev. Williams
09-16-2004, 02:56 PM
This is by far the smoothest vodka you'll ever have.... Almost too smooth :eek: A bit pricey relative to the others talked about here, but well worth it if you can find..
http://www.precisvodka.com/images/bottle_new2.gif

Bling Bling
09-16-2004, 02:57 PM
Do a night of Goose, nothing else. Then do Absolute, Smirnoff or others in that range. Not only is it way smoooother, but you feel alot better on Goose the next day. I love Vodka. There's some out their close but nothings like the Goose. PLYA, don't forget the sliced wedges of orange in any drink mixed with Goose, that is key. PLYA, try the orange flavored. And if you can find the red cranberry with peach grab that, but white cranberry peach will do.

Phat Matt
09-16-2004, 03:00 PM
What's your favorite Vodka? (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50203) Well since we are talking about vodka's I thought I should bring back this thread. You'll see, I like vodka, and Rev, you're right about Precis!

Bling Bling
09-16-2004, 03:02 PM
I don't drink
Your gay!

PlyaPlya22
09-16-2004, 03:04 PM
Do a night of Goose, nothing else. Then do Absolute, Smirnoff or others in that range. Not only is it way smoooother, but you feel alot better on Goose the next day. I love Vodka. There's some out their close but nothings like the Goose. SYA, don't forget the sliced wedges of orange in any drink mixed with Goose, that is key. SYA try the orange flavored. And if you can find the red cranberry with peach grab that, but white cranberry peach will do.
Bling Bling it wa PlyaPlya, but it's all good. I appreciate the info. I will definitely let you know. You D-ROW brotha's just might know how to party :D

Bling Bling
09-16-2004, 03:08 PM
Bling Bling it wa PlyaPlya, but it's all good. I appreciate the info. I will definitely let you know. You D-ROW brotha's just might know how to party :D
Sorry, I just edited it. I will make it up at the dam run.

DrewDown
09-16-2004, 03:13 PM
Your gay!
I'm not the one drinking the fufu drinks.

PlyaPlya22
09-16-2004, 03:15 PM
Sorry, I just edited it. I will make it up at the dam run.
I'm sure after the onlsaught of drinks at the AMDRII people will be calling each other all kinds of schit.

Three Days Only
09-16-2004, 03:16 PM
OK, OK Fine. I'll try it.
You notice how all good alcoholics trend towards vodka? It's a natural progression.
Sucks doesnt it. Look at it on the bright side, at least you know you made the club when your doing the Vodka.
Jeff

Liquid Courage
09-16-2004, 03:18 PM
Grey Goose and Redbull.... A "Red Goose"....Keeps you UP all night long and I'm not talking about just staying awake! ;) ;)

Liquid Courage
09-16-2004, 03:20 PM
And the reasons for this are:
A) Vodka goes with ANYTHING!!
B) It's smoother than other alcohols
C) you can't smell it on your breath (if it's the good stuff) :D

slink
09-16-2004, 03:28 PM
I'm not the one drinking the fufu drinks.
No, that would be you drinking the shirley temple. WTF

DrewDown
09-16-2004, 03:36 PM
No, that would be you drinking the shirley temple. WTF
Slink. Ever heard of a little sarcasim? Bling knows I like my goose with a splash of tonic.

Dave C
09-16-2004, 03:56 PM
let me get this straight... you guys mix stuff into your vodka??? ;)
que? :confused:

Mandelon
09-16-2004, 03:56 PM
PhatMatt turned me on to Sobe or Arizona tea and vodka, goes down easy!!

DryHeatOnly
09-16-2004, 04:10 PM
I tried some sugar free Snapple Tea (lemon) and Stoli's. I got some strange looks, but it was good. I'm betting the Arizona would be much better.

FRENCHIE
09-16-2004, 04:21 PM
im comin out of the drinking closet>.......................i love STRAWBERRY BLENDED MARGARITAS!!! :rolleyes: are ya listening MRs Casean??? :wink:

Phat Matt
09-16-2004, 05:22 PM
It's Arizona Green Tea and vodka. AKA "River Fuel"
You can't taste the vodka and it's nice and refreshing! :D

Bling Bling
09-16-2004, 05:40 PM
I owe ya so here goes. 2 32oz cups. An orange, orange grey Goose, and a mixer such as cran peach, cran apple, or cran ras. Get some good ice meaning filtered, 3/4 Goose and the rest mixer. A little weak 4 the D-row guys but I'm breaking him in slow. 2 fat slices of the orange squezzed in. Take a knife and cut up mesh of orange, not the rine of the orange, in the cup, and stir. Take the other cup and pour back and forth 2 times, and call DR. Goose in the morning! :rollside:

PlyaPlya22
09-16-2004, 05:49 PM
I owe ya so here goes. 2 32oz cups. An orange, orange grey Goose, and a mixer such as cran peach, cran apple, or cran ras. Get some good ice meaning filtered, 3/4 Goose and the rest mixer. A little weak 4 the D-row guys but I'm breaking him in slow. 2 fat slices of the orange squezzed in. Take a knife and cut up mesh of orange, not the rine of the orange, in the cup, and stir. Take the other cup and pour back and forth 2 times, and call DR. Goose in the morning! :rollside:
PLYAPLYA22<======Getting hooke up D-ROW style :crossx:
I'm a try that a few times tonight.
Good Lookin out BLING BLING!

Gerard
09-16-2004, 08:18 PM
F*CK grey goose. That sh*t is FRENCH. The french can go screw themselves.
*Try VOX vodka, it's awesome and smoother than that French b.s.

CornWater
09-16-2004, 09:12 PM
You know.. I must say that the Goose is good, but Belvedere is the ticket..

Bre
09-17-2004, 08:45 AM
Your gay!
:eek:
Nope... I think he likes girls :wink:

FRENCHIE
09-17-2004, 08:51 AM
easy post!!!!! :wink:

Bre
09-17-2004, 09:00 AM
easy post!!!!! :wink:
easy post? :confused:

FRENCHIE
09-17-2004, 09:32 AM
easy post? :confused:
the five words or under deal!!!! i always get called out for easy posting!! :cry: i feel some tenseness in here??? lighten up!! ;)

PlyaPlya22
09-17-2004, 09:38 AM
PLYAPLYA22<======Getting hooke up D-ROW style :crossx:
I'm a try that a few times tonight.
Good Lookin out BLING BLING!
Woke up this morning feeling like a champ!!! The Goose we definitely on the loose. I had to boost the octaine a little. I thinks I found a new fuel for me body :D

Bre
09-17-2004, 09:50 AM
the five words or under deal!!!! i always get called out for easy posting!! :cry: i feel some tenseness in here??? lighten up!! ;)
Oh well I always just post this: :D
And I have yet to get shit for it...... watch now I will :yuk: :p

PlyaPlya22
09-17-2004, 10:12 AM
Oh well I always just post this: :D
And I have yet to get shit for it...... watch now I will :yuk: :p
Here's your shit for it ;)

Bre
09-17-2004, 10:13 AM
Here's your shit for it ;)

PlyaPlya22
09-17-2004, 10:17 AM
I figured I'd give you a hard time.

DrewDown
09-17-2004, 11:55 AM
:) :) :) :) :)

schlepy
09-17-2004, 12:10 PM
my favorite, sprite and goose or ice picks, pick your favorite snapple ice tea flavor and pour in some goose and you are good to go....

That Guy
09-17-2004, 01:20 PM
This is by far the smoothest vodka you'll ever have.... Almost too smooth :eek: A bit pricey relative to the others talked about here, but well worth it if you can find..
http://www.precisvodka.com/images/bottle_new2.gif
I hate the French and Grey Goose is made in France...Precis rocks... :D

Bre
09-17-2004, 02:43 PM
:) :) :) :) :)
I hope I'm right :eek: :D :wink:

KACHINA KEN
09-18-2004, 12:56 PM
I don't drink
I can teach you!

LUVNLIFE
09-19-2004, 02:07 PM
I like to mix my Goose with a shot glass. That all it needs :D

NORDIC_RIG
09-19-2004, 03:08 PM
2 shots of goose , wave the vermouth bottle bout ten inches
above the shaker. then add a teaspoon of olive juice,
shake till your fingers freeze to side of shaker .
pour into frozzen martini glass ,add 3 big guy olives !
slurp awwwww perfect :p
cya mike

PlyaPlya22
09-19-2004, 05:05 PM
Went out last night and punded about 15 Goose n Berries and woke up today like a champ!