PDA

View Full Version : ok Im a softy..

Excessive Force
09-17-2004, 02:00 PM
Anyone here ever regret not proposing to your wife the way YOU SHOULD have? Ive been with my girl for over 4 years and we know were gonna get married so the other day we cruised by a ring store and she showed me what she liked, wasnt really out shopping more like just looking. But after thinking about it a few days later, I think I wanna get that for her. My question is, if I do get it I feel like I wanna surprise her and propose in a regular way as opposed to just giving her the ring. Has anyone ever just given her the ring and regretted it later for some reason? Ladies Id like your input too! Also how much did you spend? Dont know how much is too much. :cool:

Kilrtoy
09-17-2004, 02:06 PM
Spent Way too much(MAN'S OPINION) and getting ready to double the size of the center stone.
I was taking a shower with her when I bent down and said what is this. She looked down and presented her with the ring and asked her to marry me.
The rest is history....
The first center stone was 1/2 carrot, somehow on our wedding day it suddenly had a full carrot and now im upgrading to 2 carrots.....
Don't be cheap it represents you.....

Froggystyle
09-17-2004, 02:09 PM
Be romantic. This is likely the biggest day of her life, and the one she has been thinking of for a very, very long time. Don't buzzkill it.
:messedup:

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-17-2004, 02:13 PM
Anyone here ever regret not proposing to your wife the way YOU SHOULD have? Ive been with my girl for over 4 years and we know were gonna get married so the other day we cruised by a ring store and she showed me what she liked, wasnt really out shopping more like just looking. But after thinking about it a few days later, I think I wanna get that for her. My question is, if I do get it I feel like I wanna surprise her and propose in a regular way as opposed to just giving her the ring. Has anyone ever just given her the ring and regretted it later for some reason? Ladies Id like your input too! Also how much did you spend? Dont know how much is too much. :cool:
well I am going to give you my opinion on this take it how you want but be sure to listen to everyone before making your decision.
first of all if you love her.. you can never spend too much or too little, she will be worth every penny. and she will love you either way.
I would not just give her the ring. I feel you should do it all propose and put it on her at that time.
when Mr Vee proposed we went to a nice restourant.. not expensive I am not into all that.. I was a cheap date when it came to money..
and we ordered lobster and he had the waiter. whom we new bring it to me on my lobster. it was very nice to me after I saw it and removed the ring he took it from me and put it half way on my finger and then asked me.. then the rest in history.
sorry it is such a long post but I wouldn't want you to regret anything. :D

Red Eye
09-17-2004, 02:17 PM
F' it... my wife and I flew to Vegas got married blew some money and flew back the same day. By the way, we had no ring until a week later.

Red Eye
09-17-2004, 02:18 PM
Oh yeah... I forgot to mention our anniversary is April Fool's Day.

HOOTER SLED-
09-17-2004, 02:20 PM
Get it big enough to put on your weiner to propose, and then get it resized for her finger later. :D Then she'll know where you're COMING from, from the get go.

Waist Deep
09-17-2004, 02:21 PM
Got mine a nice ring, then four years later, she says she lost it. I go out and buy her one double the size of the first one and feel like a champ. Couple of months later, I find the old one on the floor behind the dresser. Then I felt like a chump.

NashvilleBound
09-17-2004, 02:23 PM
I hope you guys are going through Marcel for your rings and such. He saved me @$10,000 on my wifes upgraded ring...that alone should say how much I spent...shoot that should score me endless rep:) But its soon forgotten, but still looks great on her finger thats attached to someone I would be lost without! (just dont let her know that!)

lucky
09-17-2004, 02:29 PM
Spent Way too much(MAN'S OPINION)
Don't be cheap it represents you.....
ring $5,000 +
wedding = $15000-??? fifteen grand is a cheap wedding
women ain't cheap ------ If she love's ya she won't care what the ring looks like -
think of it like this - starting off - get what ya can afford - ( gold band )
5 years - 1/4 carrot 10 years 1/2 carrot - bla bla bla ---
I don't think the ring will represents you - i think the way you treat her - is more valuabel -
ps sry kilroy , my boy - that one rubbed my nuts wrong ... ( i rarely have an oppinion )

racecar.hotshoe
09-17-2004, 02:37 PM
Its all up to you,Were all just happy for ya! P.S Kilrs not telling to truth. :D

gramps
09-17-2004, 02:45 PM
I'm not too sure about the big rock stuff...............we celebrated our 25th anniversay 2 months ago. My wife has some larger "rocks", they stay in the gun safe, she wears them maybe oce a year.

Excessive Force
09-17-2004, 03:00 PM
Ok, looks like Ill be proposing. Thats ok cuz thats what my gut instinct was telling me. Guess I just wanted to hear it. :idea: Guess Ill have to think of a COOL way to do it now. Any other ideas? Im sure you fellow boaters have some more thoughts comming. The meatstraw idea was funny....yours too KILR, but Im not too fond of bending over in the shower tho! DOH:rollside:

topless
09-17-2004, 03:11 PM
....yours too KILR, but Im not too fond of bending over in the shower tho! DOH:rollside:
I hope it's not because it brings back bad memories!!!!!! :jawdrop: :eek: :2purples:
Seriously, congrats. I'm sure any way you do it she will be thrilled.

FRENCHIE
09-17-2004, 03:12 PM
I hope it's not because it brings back bad memories!!!!!! :jawdrop: :eek: :2purples:
like.....JAIL!!?? :jawdrop:

Racer277
09-17-2004, 03:52 PM
Ok, looks like Ill be proposing. Thats ok cuz thats what my gut instinct was telling me. Guess I just wanted to hear it. :idea: Guess Ill have to think of a COOL way to do it now. Any other ideas? Im sure you fellow boaters have some more thoughts comming. The meatstraw idea was funny....yours too KILR, but Im not too fond of bending over in the shower tho! DOH:rollside:
Way to Go!
IMHO-both the ring and the proposal are something she shows/tells every woman she meets about. Do something she will be proud to tell, only you two no what that would be.
The wedding day is ALL ABOUT HER. She may say otherwise, but it's true. Cater to her to make it PERFECT. She will remember parts of that day until she dies. For you and her it will be a blur, you won't have time for everything. For you that day is a waste of money, but she's worth it, so WTF.
My wife once told me "don't propose in front of a table full of people unless you are f'n sure I'll say yes". I remembered that.
Congrats. Make it fun.
BTW no guy should give you shiit over crying at your own wedding...Only us guys no what we are crying for.