PDA

View Full Version : Ideal Engine temp?

NashvilleBound
09-19-2004, 06:42 AM
I am just wondering what my HP500EFI with the Whipple system should be runnning at. I rarely see it go above 110.(engine/water temp) Most of the time it's off the cool side of the guage.

Mandelon
09-19-2004, 06:57 AM
It should be hot enough to heat a foil wrapped Roberto's Carne Asada burrito......... :devil: :coffeycup :D

throwerb
09-19-2004, 06:57 AM
I am just wondering what my HP500EFI with the Whipple system should be runnning at. I rarely see it go above 110.(engine/water temp) Most of the time it's off the cool side of the guage.
How cool is the water you're running in?

NashvilleBound
09-19-2004, 07:02 AM
It should be hot enough to heat a foil wrapped Roberto's Carne Asada burrito......... :devil: :coffeycup :D
Son of a BISKIT EATER!!!!!!! You have now hit on my MOST vulnurable spot...my lack of good mexican food. I swear I am booking a flight today....

NashvilleBound
09-19-2004, 07:03 AM
How cool is the water you're running in?
Our temps out here are like bath water at the hottest point and now are just cooling off. Its like that anytime regardless on my guages.

Mandelon
09-19-2004, 07:05 AM
Son of a BISKIT EATER!!!!!!! You have now hit on my MOST vulnurable spot...my lack of good mexican food. I swear I am booking a flight today....
I am sure we could arrange to get you a few, pack em in dry ice and send em out to ya.... :wink:

gramps
09-19-2004, 07:05 AM
the burrito test is by far the most accurate test I know of.............as far as you finding GOOD mexican food, how do you feel about driving for a day or two?????

NashvilleBound
09-19-2004, 07:11 AM
Incoming thread change....to hell with the boat!
We have a ton of Mexican food joints around but I swear if I go into one more and I have MASHED potatoes on my plate with that nasty queso cheese sauce they are going to have to dial 911. I need to call Ensenadas
Taco on that side street where 7/11 is in Oceanside off the 78 and College. He did say he could ship me stuff. He's got the best food around. I appreciate the help guys but I'm affraid by the time it got here it just would not be the same. Gramps, where are you talking about?

gramps
09-19-2004, 07:19 AM
have you tryed alvaros?over by the mall :D
after reading this post I started drooling........tomorrow I might just have to go to the "mall"..........

gramps
09-19-2004, 07:21 AM
We have a ton of Mexican food joints around but I swear if I go into one more and I have MASHED potatoes on my plate with that nasty queso cheese sauce they are going to have to dial 911. I need to call Ensenadas
Taco on that side street where 7/11 is in Oceanside off the 78 and College. He did say he could ship me stuff. He's got the best food around. I appreciate the help guys but I'm affraid by the time it got here it just would not be the same. Gramps, where are you talking about?
how about East L.A......................I grew up there............or Pomona....there is a place by Scream's office that has GREAT food and Maraggies by the pitcher............last time we were there the wife started singing and tried to dance on the table..........

Mandelon
09-19-2004, 07:23 AM
I know the one in the Oceanside Home Depot shopping center, at 78 at College, it is good too. What if the meat was separated from the tortilla, so it wouldn't get all mushy.

gramps
09-19-2004, 07:26 AM
across from arbys,make sure you get some chips and quc :D
carne assada nachos..............with the guac...........

gramps
09-19-2004, 07:32 AM
I'd meet ya there but my uncle is doin a bbq this afternoon............watch for the fire on the other side of the mountain.....

ahhell
09-19-2004, 09:57 AM
after reading this post I started drooling........tomorrow I might just have to go to the "mall"..........
is the senior citizens bus going to the Mall tomorrow??????????? :D :D :D

ahhell
09-19-2004, 10:10 AM
OUCHHHH! :D
there goes my Christmas present :boxingguy

gramps
09-19-2004, 10:13 AM
there goes my Christmas present :boxingguy
you allready lost this years...........now you're working on next year

NashvilleBound
09-19-2004, 10:21 AM
carne assada nachos..............with the guac...........
For the love of God...STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 Dollar Boat
09-19-2004, 10:33 AM
Nashville, Regarding your eng temp ??? I have a Teague 800EFI, it's the 509 block with a whipple. Teague doesn't use thermostats so my motor rarely sees 120. If the water is cool it will stay at 100 all day, only going higher when I shut the motor off.
Now that I answered that question I think I'll go to lunch, let's see there's Rubio's, Alberto's, Juanberto's, La Salsa, and a couple dozen other "berto's" to choose from :D Oh what a difficult decision... :rolleyes:

NashvilleBound
09-19-2004, 12:29 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Sounds like you have the same senario I do. I'm going to call Gary tomorrow and see what temp thermostat he installed. I know when they first ran it there was nothing, but its just not good to run a motor cold all the time. So he put something in there....just gotta find out what. enjoy your lunch...dog

Maxey
09-19-2004, 03:24 PM
I have a 3300 Whipple on my 502 BBC in a 75' Sanger Cruiser. It runs at about 120 degrees unless I run it hard for extended periods. Dustin @ Whipple told me that they like to keep the temps on the cool side. Makes sense, as it reduces the detonation factor.

beyondhelpin
09-19-2004, 06:30 PM
I miss the food as much or more than anything. I havent lived in San Diego in 6 years. Man what I would give for a carne assada burrito from Robertos or Albertos! The steet tacos from Mexico were great to!