PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk laundry

Tom Brown
09-19-2004, 08:11 PM
I have a pair of shorts with some WD 40 on them. I washed them and that seemed to cause them to stink to high heaven.
... so I thought I'd wash them again. Being the ever efficient type, I threw some other stuff in with them. Yeah... I know... :D
... so now I have a bunch of clothes that I can barely stand to have in the house. They stink real bad. Any ideas? I don't want to throw them all out but I've washed them a bunch of times with no luck.
Any ideas? Borax? Baking Soda?
Come on... I know you people like to keep your colors bright and clean. :cool:

Bre
09-19-2004, 08:12 PM
Get a soft water system :D

Tom Brown
09-19-2004, 08:15 PM
Get a soft water system :D
You know... I deliberately worded that post to give people some ammo with witch to bludgeon me but your post hurts my head. :eek:
... and for that, I will always be grateful! :D :D :D

Jordy
09-19-2004, 08:29 PM
Throw a couple Mr. Clean Magic Erasers in with the wash. :D :D :D

C-2
09-19-2004, 08:31 PM
When in doubt, throw them out.

phebus
09-19-2004, 08:36 PM
When we wash the rags at work, we throw a little Orange All cleaner in with them, and they come out smelling good. You might try something like that.

coolchange
09-19-2004, 08:37 PM
Washem in Big Orange citrus based cleaner. (let me know if it works!)

Rexone
09-19-2004, 08:46 PM
Tom, try washing them with some granulated cow manure. Should take that wd40 stench right out.

Starloans
09-19-2004, 08:55 PM
I thought WD40 was supposed to clean, remove, lubricate, fix, just about anything!!! The way it's promoted you should be able to use it as laundry soap.
Sure you didn't have some forgotten skid marks in that load of laundry??????
J/K :D :D
I would go with the orange cleaner citrus stuff. Good luck.

Rexone
09-19-2004, 09:14 PM
Tom, try washing them with some granulated cow manure. Should take that wd40 stench right out.
Tom if you find the above doesn't work well for you try some Simple Green. I've used it on greasy Levis before with good results. And they smell well, like Simple Green for awhile (as opposed to grease and oil).

canuck1
09-19-2004, 09:27 PM
Throw a couple of muffins in to sop up the wd, maybe a hunk or two out cheeze for the smell

Tom Brown
09-19-2004, 09:28 PM
Throw a couple Mr. Clean Magic Erasers in with the wash. :D :D :D
LMAO! :D
Can't you people be serious for two minutes? :hammerhea
:D
Thanks for the help... I'll report back if anything works... smart-Alecs...

OGShocker
09-19-2004, 09:32 PM
Throw a couple of "Newphies" in the wash with your clothes. It might not help you clothes but, you will make the "Newphies" easily identifiable. :notam:

Rexone
09-19-2004, 09:36 PM
Another fix... throw in a package of pink dye. They'll be so gay looking you won't care what they smell like. Then just ship them off to ***boat.com c/o bench racers division.

blueman
09-19-2004, 09:37 PM
Try soaking in a strong citrus degreaser solution in a bucket to cut the oil..then wash as usual..

Tom Brown
09-19-2004, 09:38 PM
Another fix... throw in a package of pink dye. They'll be so gay looking you won't care what they smell like. Then just ship them off to ***boat.com c/o bench racers division.
The Maxi-wash! :D
LMAO!
Sorry, Maxi. You know we luv ya! :D :D :D

Rexone
09-19-2004, 09:38 PM
Another fix... throw in a package of pink dye. They'll be so gay looking you won't care what they smell like. Then just ship them off to ***boat.com c/o bench racers division. Those BR's will snap them up like bran muffins in an old folks home.