PDA

View Full Version : Mercruiser alarm

Speedin' Ian
09-20-2004, 10:37 AM
We just bought a boat with an 502EFI and a Bravo1. On the dash it says that it has an alarm and to test it all I have to do is turn the key to the on position while the motor is off. Well I did that and the alarm didn't go off. Does anyone have any ideas why this wouldn't work? I was going to post this in the outdrive section but as most of you know it doesn't get much traffic.

Racer277
09-20-2004, 10:48 AM
We just bought a boat with an 502EFI and a Bravo1. On the dash it says that it has an alarm and to test it all I have to do is turn the key to the on position while the motor is off. Well I did that and the alarm didn't go off. Does anyone have any ideas why this wouldn't work? I was going to post this in the outdrive section but as most of you know it doesn't get much traffic.
FWIW, ours takes about 10sec from key on with no motor to start the alarm. Then it is a very annoying alarm.
Apparantly it is designed to raise the operator's stress level when the boat isn't started immediately. :hammer2:

bear down
09-20-2004, 10:48 AM
You should only hear a short beep when you turn the key then it shuts off quickly. Maybe check the wiring to the sound device.

Speedin' Ian
09-20-2004, 11:26 AM
Thanks for the advice, I've left the key on for longer than 10 sec so I know it isn't working. I will look into the noise device (where ever that is??) and see if it is wired.
On a side not bear down, yesterday was a fluke!! :p You are still 5 and 20 against Brett so don't get used to that joyfull feeling you had yesterday. Also we are both 1 and 1 right now, but watch as the weeks unfold and we steadily leave you in the dust.:hammerhea Seriously though, congratulations you got lucky and a couple great streaks came to an end yesterday :D . Next year some buddies and I are going to the Green Bay, Chicago game. You down?

bear down
09-20-2004, 11:39 AM
Thanks for your vote of Confidence Ian, Yesterday was a beautiful day in Cali....With the Shermanator as you coach and the limping farvrreeeaa leading the way, I can see Puckers falling into dismay :cry:
We'll be at the Philly game in Chicago in 2 weeks and we might go the Bear Packer game in Jan in Chicago to see the ass kicking again :rollside: :) . I would not ming taking the trek over to Green Bay with you guys next year... Just keep me posted.... ( I am miliking this for as much and as long as I can)
Thanks for the advice, I've left the key on for longer than 10 sec so I know it isn't working. I will look into the noise device (where ever that is??) and see if it is wired.
On a side not bear down, yesterday was a fluke!! :p You are still 5 and 20 against Brett so don't get used to that joyfull feeling you had yesterday. Also we are both 1 and 1 right now, but watch as the weeks unfold and we steadily leave you in the dust.:hammerhea Seriously though, congratulations you got lucky and a couple great streaks came to an end yesterday :D . Next year some buddies and I are going to the Green Bay, Chicago game. You down?

Speedin' Ian
09-20-2004, 12:38 PM
Enjoy it while you can, these precious times don't happen that often for Bears fans. In all honesty though you guys should be 2 and 0 right now.