PDA

View Full Version : Private Health Insurance...

HammerDown
09-20-2004, 11:27 AM
What a stinking rip off $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, talk about getting a hot rod up your you know what!
Personal Choice PPO
Independence Blue Cross Blue Shield
It's like paying a friggen monthly mortgage :yuk:

little rowe boat
09-20-2004, 11:42 AM
It's rediculously high,rates keep going upand up and up.Will it ever end? :frown:

Jordy
09-20-2004, 11:45 AM
Mine has gone up almost $50 a month since June. First it jumped up because I turned 21 for the 10th time. Then they had a rate increase... It's good insurance and all gets written off at the end of the year, but come on guys? At least be a little more generous with the lube. :D

HammerDown
09-20-2004, 12:08 PM
Anyone ues Aflac or Aetna?
I need to find a new plan for myself before the end of this month.

PlyaPlya22
09-20-2004, 12:13 PM
No matter how you look at it anytime you get private health insurance your gonna take it up the arse! The industry is just not geared for people that want private coverage.

HammerDown
09-20-2004, 08:03 PM
No matter how you look at it anytime you get private health insurance your gonna take it up the arse!
Just great :( ...with me it's always some how related to problems with my *** :notam:
F'ing insurance co's :mad:

Kilrtoy
09-20-2004, 08:11 PM
Everyone is complaining, but what are you actually paying for you and who else and what type of coverage

HammerDown
09-20-2004, 08:27 PM
Everyone is complaining, but what are you actually paying for you and who else and what type of coverage
I was under full coverage Personal Choice PPO (teamsters) w/ full eye's and dental. $10.00 scrips, $10.00 co-pay Dr. visits.
Now...over 430.00 (just me) per month, 300.00 deductible for scrips (per calender year)...+ they only pay 80% for generic and 60% name brand. Obviously no eye's/dental, 500.00 for blood work, x-rays etc and the list of out of pocket continues.
Thats just nuts! :yuk:

SoCalOffshore
09-20-2004, 08:31 PM
I pay $900/month for my family coverage.

Dawn Patrol
09-20-2004, 08:33 PM
I have Blu Cross. The cost is alittle over $700.00 for myself & family. It does go up every 6 months.
$10.00 for Drugs
$20.00 Office Visit
$100.00 Emergency Room

Super D
09-20-2004, 08:34 PM
Ok, here's the spam - I'm an indy health agent affiliated with most major carriers and AFLAC. If you want to compare rates, send me a PM with your name, age and zipcode, and what level (family, single, etc.) and I'll email you different plans from cheap to high from major carriers. You can even apply direct online. No obligation and I won't ever bug you about it later.
There is a HUGE difference in rates - some brokers throw you into a higher one because they make more commission that way. BTW - rates are rates no matter who you choose to buy from - it's all the same, set by the carriers, and yes, they only go up.
AFLAC is great stuff - not a replacement, but a great supplement - puts money back in your pocket when you need it. AFLAC rates are better if you go through your employer/paycheck deduction, but can be done individual, too. Of course I am happy to help you if you're interested.
Ok, that is all. Sorry if I'm all salesy and such. Hope this helps!
Super D :D

Dawn Patrol
09-20-2004, 08:37 PM
Ok, here's the spam - I'm an indy health agent affiliated with most major carriers and AFLAC. If you want to compare rates, send me a PM with your name, age and zipcode, and what level (family, single, etc.) and I'll email you different plans from cheap to high from major carriers. You can even apply direct online. No obligation and I won't ever bug you about it later.
There is a HUGE difference in rates - some brokers throw you into a higher one because they make more commission that way. BTW - rates are rates no matter who you choose to buy from - it's all the same, set by the carriers, and yes, they only go up.
AFLAC is great stuff - not a replacement, but a great supplement - puts money back in your pocket when you need it. AFLAC rates are better if you go through your employer/paycheck deduction, but can be done individual, too. Of course I am happy to help you if you're interested.
Ok, that is all. Sorry if I'm all salesy and such. Hope this helps!
Super D :D
If you can save us money in regards to Health insurance, I don't think anyone would mind.
I'll be sending you a PM.
Thanks,
AL

WetWillie
09-20-2004, 08:42 PM
I insure close to 35 people at my company. Have been with the same broker and have never shopped him as I have been to busy.
W :hammerhea

HammerDown
09-20-2004, 08:43 PM
PM sent.

Jordy
09-20-2004, 08:46 PM
I'm not complaining after seeing what some other people are paying now. Mine is around $160 now, but it's BCBS with PPO so I can go to any doctor I want. My drugs just went up from $7 to $15 I think, and that's going to hurt. Other than that, it's a $250 deductable, and just for myself. My insurance that the company offers is half the program and they want 75% of what I'm paying now. So it was pretty easy to choose.

WetWillie
09-20-2004, 08:59 PM
$225 per month for my avarage employee.
$900 for a family of 5
I have always payed the full amount but have decided to have the employees share some of the burden. What does your employer pay % wise? Just looking for some ideas??
W

Jordy
09-20-2004, 09:05 PM
$900 for a family of 5
I have always payed the full amount but have decided to have the employees share some of the burden. What does your employer pay % wise? Just looking for some ideas??
W
It seems to me that they pay half, so it was around $200 per month with $100 coming from me. It wasn't near the insurance that I have now, so I just stayed with the program I had for my last job.

Kilrtoy
09-20-2004, 10:36 PM
OH MY GOD,
I feel for you guys THAT is F***IN INSANE.
I would be bitchen my ass off too......
That is BULL--- SHIT

Jungle Boy
09-21-2004, 05:22 AM
Let me think about how much I pay for health insurance up here in the soon to be frozen North,,,,,,,,,,,,uuuummmm...... Nothing, nada, zip, frebbie. I guess we have our problems here too, but health care ain't one of them. Private insurance is available for extras, such as dis-ability, long term care ect.

JetBoatRich
09-21-2004, 05:30 AM
I am pretty lucky, my company pays 100% for coverage on managers :cool:
Except for the $10 co-pay on visits :rolleyes:
The last place I worked was like $400 per month from my check :yuk:

Dr. Eagle
09-21-2004, 06:03 AM
Anyone ues Aflac or Aetna?
I need to find a new plan for myself before the end of this month.
You could try the National Association for the Self Employed. They have an insurance plan that's not too bad, but the coverage could be better. I had it for a while before rejoining the land of the employed...

F26
09-21-2004, 09:33 AM
$900 for a family of 5
W
50%/50% :wink:

Big Warlock
09-21-2004, 10:05 AM
Jungle Boy,
You more than pay for it in taxes in Canada. I would gladly pay $1,000 per month just for me rather than try at your tax rates!!!! Forget about access to it. Agree?

Keithb87
09-21-2004, 10:11 AM
What does your employer pay % wise? Just looking for some ideas??
W
We do a 75 / 25 split. We pay 75% and the employee pays 25%.
We used to pay all of the premium but that got reather costly.

canuck1
09-21-2004, 10:31 AM
Jungle Boy,
You more than pay for it in taxes in Canada. I would gladly pay $1,000 per month just for me rather than try at your tax rates!!!! Forget about access to it. Agree?
What does the average person that make 120G a year take home down there?
Or if you make 10G a month what do you take home?