PDA

View Full Version : NFL, no place for kids!

Brady Bunch
09-20-2004, 02:38 PM
I took my 9 year old son to the Chargers game yesterday for his first NFL game ever! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: He got to see a Charger fan get into a fight with a Jet fan because the Jet fan held his jersey in his face. He got to see two girls (.)(.) x 2 flash :jawdrop: him because they thought it would be fun to flash a cute 9 yr old kid, and to top it off, on they way out to the truck he got to see a drunk guy throw up all over his g/f-wife!
I was waiting for the phone call all day from his school because of the stories I am sure he was sharing with his classmates! :hammerhea
Avengerbabe, my son told me to tell you sorry that he told your man that you were to pretty for you to be dating him! He did not mean to hurt his feelings. :frown: One of the guys in the group thought it would be funny and told him to say that! What an AS*..........
I need to find a way to erase his memory from that day! I think I will stick to taking him to Baseball games!

Her454
09-20-2004, 02:52 PM
This reminded me of post from June 2003 that my girlfriend posted about her experience...its sad.
I probably should have started this in the sandbar but oh well. The game was great. I took Tanner with me, he was thrilled. It was after the game that sucked. We were told where the players come out to there cars you can stand and get autographs. So I bought Tanner a ball and pen. It started raining at the end of the game, but we stood out there anyway waiting. By the time the players came out the rain had stopped. Not one of them came over to sign any, they all got in their freakin $50,000 - $100,0000 cars, looked at us standing there and took off. My poor son was standing there calling their names and waving his ball, they would just look over and not even crack a smile. I guess they thought it was a privilege enough to watch them drive away. I understand they just got done playing but there was only about 10 people out there and they were not going to get mobbed. It just really pissed me off when I saw the expression of disapointment on my son's face. It was sad that after having such a good time at the game I had to cheer him up afterward.
$120.00 for 2 tickets
$25.00 for parking
$45.00 for souvenirs
$15.00 for 2 hotdogs, 2 cokes
Players blowing off their fans, f**king priceless!
That's how it was Traci. frown

Brady Bunch
09-20-2004, 02:53 PM
The boobs were in the parking lot on the way out! He was waving at them and then gave them a high five because they were all dressed in chargers shirts. Then they thought it would be cute and flash him. He was so embarrased.

Brady Bunch
09-20-2004, 02:56 PM
This reminded me of post from June 2003 that my girlfriend posted about her experience...its sad.
He asked me if he could get any autographs on the way there and I told him they don't sign autographs at football games. He gets autographs all the time at PETCO! It just floors me how some people act. I don't think I will ever take him to a pro football game again!

Mrs. Bordsmnj
09-20-2004, 03:02 PM
That sucks that you and your son's experience sucked. I grew up in a Charger's family and have been going to games since I was 7 yrs old and have only the greatest memories!
Isn't there a "Kidzone" seat section at the game or is that at Padre games only? You tend to see less debauchery with nothing but families surrounding you!

AvengerBabe
09-20-2004, 03:02 PM
I took my 9 year old son to the Chargers game yesterday for his first NFL game ever! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: He got to see a Charger fan get into a fight with a Jet fan because the Jet fan held his jersey in his face. He got to see two girls (.)(.) x 2 flash :jawdrop: him because they thought it would be fun to flash a cute 9 yr old kid, and to top it off, on they way out to the truck he got to see a drunk guy throw up all over his g/f-wife!
I was waiting for the phone call all day from his school because of the stories I am sure he was sharing with his classmates! :hammerhea
Avengerbabe, my son told me to tell you sorry that he told your man that you were to pretty for you to be dating him! He did not mean to hurt his feelings. :frown: One of the guys in the group thought it would be funny and told him to say that! What an AS*..........
I need to find a way to erase his memory from that day! I think I will stick to taking him to Baseball games!
Oh geeze, I'm sorry to hear that the day didn't go so well. We noticed that you guys were gone by the time that we got back to the parking lot. As far as what he said to me... I thought it was HILARIOUS, mostly because he has a mouth on him just like you!! Anyway, it was really good to be able to meet him-- great kid!! Hopefully you guys end up going to Martinez this weekend. He seemed pretty excited about it. :)

ROZ
09-20-2004, 03:27 PM
Screw the Chargers. After 35 years and 4 Genreations of ROZ's sitting in our seats, I finally threw in the towel. Bummer is that my 5yr old daughter is asking to go. Fortunately we have a family friend who has a suite. :D They'll be in LA in 2008 anyways. I heard that from someone with affiliated with the team.... I'm getting Padre tickets from now on....

Brady Bunch
09-20-2004, 03:31 PM
He has way more fun at baseball games anyways! I just can't believe that is going to have to be his 1st memory of a Chargers game!

PHX ATC
09-20-2004, 03:32 PM
Pro surfing contests.
Laid back. Better view. Autographs galore. :cool:

LaveyJet
09-20-2004, 03:38 PM
Does this mean you won't be going to the Raider game? :wink:

Brady Bunch
09-20-2004, 03:41 PM
Does this mean you won't be going to the Raider game? :wink:
No way!!!! I think we will watch that from the safety of our own front row seats, the couch!

LUVNLIFE
09-20-2004, 06:20 PM
All that means and this is by definition of some of the people that posted on this thread, that since a Charger and a Jet fan got in a fight, all their fans are loser gangbangers, both teams suck and that's why they will never go to their games and the owners are a holes also. :) You guys have posted it in the past, I personally don't feel that way. And by the way the Raiders won on Sunday. How did Denver and Kansas City do :yuk: :D

Desert Rat
09-20-2004, 07:04 PM
Yeah but the next time your at a Chargers game against the Raiders and this shit happens don't automatically blame the Raider fans as all you Charger fans do!! There are A'hole fans with every team!! :mad:

Desert Rat
09-20-2004, 07:07 PM
Oh yeah and the Chargers REALLY REALLY SUCK....Tap tap no erasies :D

SHOTKALLIN
09-20-2004, 08:30 PM
Its always the Chargers fans talkin s h i t to me at the Raiders vs. Chargers games. When I was hangin out taigating they had this idiot with a bull horn runnin around the parking lot before the game antagonizing Raider fans. He's lucky he didn't start a fight. he was either an idiot or very drunk. Had he gotten hurt everyone would be talking about how bad the raider fans are. I saw another idiot who wasn't so lucky get stomped in the beer line because he was yelling Fu ck all Raider fans. Where is your brain??? WTF??? Those are not dolphin fans people. Why are you starting sh it with them
I don't get it.....Charger fans get pissed off that 80% of the seats are filled with Raiders fans. Who do you think I bought my tickets from? every year I get them from lame Charger season ticket holders. get mad at your fellow charger fans for sellin out. Quit starting sh it at the game and Raider fans will quit ending it.
It is kinda funny how we turn your stadium into a Raider home game though :D

MagicMtnDan
09-20-2004, 10:10 PM
The best place to watch an NFL game is at home on TV.
Except for Raider fans, football fans are not much better than the soccer hooligans in the UK and elsewhere around the world.
Just be glad you and your kid didn't see anyone get stabbed and killed - that's happened at one Raiders' game (maybe more).
Use the money you spent on the game by getting DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket - you can watch every NFL game every weekend. And the only a-holes you'll see are at the games.

ROZ
09-20-2004, 11:00 PM
It is kinda funny how we turn your stadium into a Raider home game though :D
That's funny. In 2008 YOUR L.A. Charger season opener will probably be against the Raiders. It's only fitting :D .. Besides, even the Raiders stem from Charger blood....

LUVNLIFE
09-21-2004, 04:31 AM
The best place to watch an NFL game is at home on TV.
Except for Raider fans, football fans are not much better than the soccer hooligans in the UK and elsewhere around the world.
Just be glad you and your kid didn't see anyone get stabbed and killed - that's happened at one Raiders' game (maybe more).
Use the money you spent on the game by getting DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket - you can watch every NFL game every weekend. And the only a-holes you'll see are at the games.
Acouple of months ago a Dodger fan was shot in the parking lot after a game. That must mean all Dodger fans are gangbanger jerks that do nothing but cause fights. This is the way some people on the boards see it.

AvengerBabe
09-21-2004, 03:02 PM
Yep-- i hate the Raiders too... Buncha Thugs... :cool:

Second "PLACE"
09-21-2004, 04:11 PM
What is actually funny, is the trend we see here. Violence at football games in Southern Calif. It doesn't matter if it was the L.A. colliseum for a RAIDERS game, or San Diego for a Chargers/Jets game, but it always involved fights. It is more a sign of the poeple in our area unfortunately.These people are more thugs than football fans. I go to 3-4 RAIDERS home games a year in Oaktown. No fights that I've ever seen. Even took a fellow HOT BOATER that was a Die Hard Bronco fan w/me to the Raiders/Denver game last year. No problems at all. No wonder L.A. has no team

HCS
09-21-2004, 04:13 PM
Try taking your kid to a Raiders game. He'll come home with the foulest mouth
in his class. Then everyone will appreciate it. :jawdrop:

SHOTKALLIN
09-21-2004, 04:17 PM
Its not to late to jump on the bandwagon. There is room for all of you. Its sad when the players themselves don't want to be Chargers. Its not an isolated incident if it happens over and over. I wonder who your next first round pick that wont sign will be?