PDA

View Full Version : so-Cal area: which "boat: show is the best-?

Sherpa
09-21-2004, 05:36 AM
I want to make a trip to so-cal this fall/winter for a so-cal type boat show...
all the boat shows up here are either: bayliners/searays, or tournament boats, or really big stuff........
I want to see hot boat-type boats........
which are the "must see" boat shows in the so-cal area, and when are they?
--Sherpa

BarryMac
09-21-2004, 05:46 AM
LA Boat show, usually in January, biggest Hot Boat display on the West Coast, usually turns out to be a Hot Boat Forum party...
gjb

JustMVG
09-21-2004, 05:57 AM
Yup you can't go wrong going to this show!!! The party is usually great and the boats are nice too. Just meet up over near the DCB, Shockwave area, and you'll see folks from the boards, HB ,Havasu Dougs,RRL, Barney's.
Always a good time!!!Mike VG

Dr. Eagle
09-21-2004, 05:59 AM
LA Boat show, usually in January, biggest Hot Boat display on the West Coast, usually turns out to be a Hot Boat Forum party...
gjb
No doubt about it... LA is the best show for "customs" on the west coast
Miami on the east...

Sherpa
09-21-2004, 06:26 AM
sounds like the place to go..... Ironic, my family's first boat, a 16 foot gold
metalflake with black striped Tahiti outboard was bought at the LA boat show.
it was one of the boat-show boats on display..... this was around 1963-4
I think........ lotsa great memories of that boat..... dad's baby....
--thanks,
--Sherpa

Todd969
09-21-2004, 07:03 AM
Long Beach is this weekend. Not quite the L.A. performance boat show, but a lot of custom manu's come out.

burtandnancy
09-21-2004, 12:29 PM
LA boat show in Jan/Feb is always the best, the Long Beach show this week-end is good, maybe second best in the west...

Boat Loan Guy
09-21-2004, 01:32 PM
Yes the LA boat show is the best, the long beach show has more Yachts then custom boats. Most of the custom dealers dont show up there at all.
The Pomona show (which has already past and the San deigo show) are good too. I spoke with some of my custom dealers and they are not attending the Long beach show.
Just on a side note we only do the LA show and you want to talk about the worst part of my job, that would be it. Show'ssuck, you meet some of the biggest morons there. People are so rude. They only way to get thourgh it is to laugh and not take it to serious.

burtandnancy
09-21-2004, 01:50 PM
Boat Loan Guy, I'm a boater and go to boat shows; am I a rude moron?

Kilrtoy
09-21-2004, 03:35 PM
I think the only thing better than L.A. Is MIAMI from what i have seen in pics....

voodoomedman
09-21-2004, 05:07 PM
Anaheim is better than Pomona. Anaheim is like a mini-LA but LA is the bomb. It is huge, takes up two enormous convention halls and the lobby. Plenty of hot boats. And best of all. That is where is first laid eyes on the new for 2004 Ultra 24 Stealth. Talked with John and Bob and a couple of months later was in their showroom signing away my bank account for a custom boat.

Ziggy
09-21-2004, 05:13 PM
(which has already past and the San deigo show)
I don't think there was one custom builder at San Diego last year :(
And I'm not rude either :wink:

SHAKEN Not Stirred
09-21-2004, 06:53 PM
L.A. is the best show......
Especially for the "Eye Candy"......
I sell for Advantage at the shows, so come by and say "Hi".....
Won't be at Long Beach, as it's the Advantage Regatta this weekend....
Poor planning I know......
CJG
:) :)