PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast in the Channel????

Kachina26
09-21-2004, 05:36 PM
Gonna boat camp this weekend and I want to eat breakfast saturday morning in the channel, because I'm doing the springs sunday. So, where can I go? Or am I better off going up to Topock?

FRENCHIE
09-21-2004, 05:38 PM
Gonna boat camp this weekend and I want to eat breakfast saturday morning in the channel, because I'm doing the springs sunday. So, where can I go? Or am I better off going up to Topock?
wait a minute...your campin this weekend too!!??? well id say meet us up at topac for a nice breakfast brotha!!! :rollside:

TCHB
09-21-2004, 05:50 PM
I would park in the channel and go over to the little place under Barley Brothers. It has great food and you can park beach your boat right next to the place.

Kachina26
09-21-2004, 05:51 PM
wait a minute...your campin this weekend too!!??? well id say meet us up at topac for a nice breakfast brotha!!! :rollside:
Clean your ears out man! I told you I was gonna take the wife out (just the 2 of us) for a little cove camping. I plan to find a nice cove and toss out an anchor for the night.

FRENCHIE
09-21-2004, 05:51 PM
i thought that was last weekend!!?? :p

Kachina26
09-21-2004, 05:55 PM
i thought that was last weekend!!?? :p
Last weekend my wife was away, so I took out my buddy and his 5 daughters. Who were very well behaved!!!! I even let them drive the boat. I let the 12 yo run it up to 60. They had a blast!

BajaMike
09-21-2004, 05:59 PM
I would park in the channel and go over to the little place under Barley Brothers. It has great food and you can park beach your boat right next to the place.
I agree, the little place under Barley Brothers has great breakfasts and also cocktails (and good Bloody Marys). And they serve breakfast until 1:00 p.m.
:rollside:
You can also eat at the place at the London Bridge Resort, and sit outside overlooking the channel (they have cocktails also). It's a better view if you want to sit outside, and they have a buffet (that is marginal) on Sundays.

FRENCHIE
09-21-2004, 06:01 PM
Last weekend my wife was away, so I took out my buddy and his 5 daughters. Who were very well behaved!!!! I even let them drive the boat. I let the 12 yo run it up to 60. They had a blast!
:supp: :eek: up to 60!!?? did ya drain the cooler and 1/4 tank gas??? :)

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-21-2004, 06:02 PM
I agree, the little place under Barley Brothers has great breakfasts and also cocktails (and good Bloody Marys). And they serve breakfast until 1:00 p.m.
:rollside:
You can also eat at the place at the London Bridge Resort, and sit outside overlooking the channel (they have cocktails also). It's a better view if you want to sit outside, and they have a buffet (that is marginal) on Sundays.
Mike---That buffet sucks. It was terrible with hard biscuits, cold food....really bad. I will never eat that damn buffet again....b

Kachina26
09-21-2004, 06:08 PM
:supp: :eek: up to 60!!?? did ya drain the cooler and 1/4 tank gas??? :)
I knew you would bite on that! You're soooooo predictable. :p Actually, I wonder if that prop of mine hasn't been a problem for awhile. The boat ran better with all their gear and all the people than it has for some time. Even with it being over 100 outside I got full Rpms. Anyway smarty pants do you wanna do breakfast or what?

FRENCHIE
09-21-2004, 06:36 PM
I knew you would bite on that! You're soooooo predictable. :p Actually, I wonder if that prop of mine hasn't been a problem for awhile. The boat ran better with all their gear and all the people than it has for some time. Even with it being over 100 outside I got full Rpms. Anyway smarty pants do you wanna do breakfast or what?
topac opens at 8 a.m so saturday 8 p.m. i tis!!?? :D

Kachina26
09-21-2004, 06:38 PM
topac opens at 8 a.m so saturday 8 p.m. i tis!!?? :D
8 pm is a little late for me. how about when they open at 8 am?

FRENCHIE
09-21-2004, 06:40 PM
just makin sure your awake!!! :cool: :wink:

PlyaPlya22
09-21-2004, 06:42 PM
How many hours you got on that thing now?
" RUNNING IT HARD ....IN BEAUMONT!" YOU KNOW HOW WE DO IT!!

uncle larry
09-21-2004, 06:43 PM
try the palms
about 4 miles south of copper canyon....
new owners trying hard..

Kachina26
09-21-2004, 06:44 PM
How many hours you got on that thing now?
" RUNNING IT HARD ....IN BEAUMONT!" YOU KNOW HOW WE DO IT!! You're gonna like this................... 69. I wanna put Frenchies 23 revolution prop on it and see how it does.

Kachina26
09-21-2004, 06:44 PM
just makin sure your awake!!! :cool: :wink:
Good save........................................NOT!

FRENCHIE
09-21-2004, 06:46 PM
You're gonna like this................... 69. I wanna put Frenchies 23 revolution prop on it and see how it does.
i know, i know!!! we got a few more trips still!! ;)

PlyaPlya22
09-21-2004, 06:46 PM
You're gonna like this................... 69. I wanna put Frenchies 23 revolution prop on it and see how it does.
What a time to ask. Your getting up there. Can you tell she is breaking in a little better. I saw what you can do to props. Oh ya you didn't do that :jawdrop:
Just giving you a little business. :hammerhea

mike37
09-21-2004, 06:47 PM
what did you do to your prop did you get a new one

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
09-21-2004, 06:53 PM
ROTFLMAO LOLOLOLO, You know you cant have people on your boat when you tow it around town

Phat Matt
09-21-2004, 06:55 PM
Why not try the Javelina Cantina. I think that's where my boat bitches get our breakfast burritos. :)
Javelina (http://www.javelinacantina.com/lhc/index.htm)
Call them and see what time they open.

PlyaPlya22
09-21-2004, 06:55 PM
Randy...your necks gotta hurt :crossx:

rvrhlic
09-21-2004, 08:37 PM
The little place under Barley Brothers is Makai Cafe. I highly recommend it. It is a lot better than the place at Topok.

FRENCHIE
09-21-2004, 08:38 PM
8 pm is a little late for me. how about when they open at 8 am?
Hey randy betta do it on sunday....gonnna do op6 after all!!!! call me!! :wink:

Kachina26
09-21-2004, 08:40 PM
what did you do to your prop did you get a new one
My old one did this on the dam run.............
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1284Broken_prop_001-med.jpg
I just got another of the same.

Kachina26
09-21-2004, 08:43 PM
ROTFLMAO LOLOLOLO, You know you cant have people on your boat when you tow it around town
I thought that was legal in AZ?????

Kachina26
09-21-2004, 08:44 PM
Why not try the Javelina Cantina. I think that's where my boat bitches get our breakfast burritos. :)
Javelina (http://www.javelinacantina.com/lhc/index.htm)
Call them and see what time they open.
I might do that now that Frenchie wussed out.

Kachina26
09-21-2004, 08:45 PM
The little place under Barley Brothers is Makai Cafe. I highly recommend it. It is a lot better than the place at Topok.
Ya, Topock is a last resort. But since Frenchie is gonna wuss on me, I guess I will check out what's down at the channel.

Kachina26
09-21-2004, 08:47 PM
Hey randy betta do it on sunday....gonnna do op6 after all!!!! call me!! :wink:
I'll call ya but I got $10 that says you won't even put the boat on the water on Sunday. And if you do, then you gotta do the springs, because the wife wants that bad...................! Let's do lunch tomorrow though. I will call you in the AM.

DryHeatOnly
09-21-2004, 08:48 PM
Ya, Topock is a last resort. But since Frenchie is gonna wuss on me, I guess I will check out what's down at the channel.
K26...why aren't you coming up to OPC6? You're invited 'ya know ;)

phebus
09-21-2004, 08:56 PM
Yep, good food. It is owned by the same people as Shgrues, Barley Boothers, and Javalina.

KACHINA KEN
09-21-2004, 10:29 PM
try the palms
new owners trying hard..
That place is nice too, and they have Journey in the jukebox :mix:

KACHINA KEN
09-21-2004, 10:30 PM
Yep, good food. It is owned by the same people as Shgrues, Barley Boothers, and Javalina.
Good coffee drinks including all the frozen concoctions.

FRENCHIE
09-22-2004, 05:00 AM
K26...why aren't you coming up to OPC6? You're invited 'ya know ;)
gotta go camp with the wifey!!!!! :cry: :frown: :D

FRENCHIE
09-22-2004, 05:01 AM
I'll call ya but I got $10 that says you won't even put the boat on the water on Sunday. And if you do, then you gotta do the springs, because the wife wants that bad...................! Let's do lunch tomorrow though. I will call you in the AM.
ok, ok we will see!!!! :wink: :) gonna be in ontario at 11:30 for appt today, thurs might be ok!!!

ChumpChange
09-22-2004, 06:25 AM
And if you do, then you gotta do the springs, because the wife wants that bad...................!
Our wives must be thinking the same thing because I'll be taking the wifey down to the Springs for lunch on Sunday as well. I'll see you in the channel Saturday morning for breakfast too if you're gonna be there. Gonna try and wakeboard in the morning if it's not blown out like the past couple weeks.

dicudmore
09-22-2004, 06:52 AM
you can try my 23 revolution anytime

Scream
09-22-2004, 06:59 AM
This is a classic right here...lol
Scream :skull:

TRIMM MANN
09-22-2004, 07:00 AM
try the palms
new owners trying hard..
Uncle Larry,
The Palms is awesome, but they close Labor Day until Memorial Day

Kachina26
09-22-2004, 07:15 AM
Our wives must be thinking the same thing because I'll be taking the wifey down to the Springs for lunch on Sunday as well. I'll see you in the channel Saturday morning for breakfast too if you're gonna be there. Gonna try and wakeboard in the morning if it's not blown out like the past couple weeks.
Hey cool, I will be on the west side of the channel around 730ish. We can try that place under the Barley Bros.

ChumpChange
09-22-2004, 08:24 AM
Hey cool, I will be on the west side of the channel around 730ish. We can try that place under the Barley Bros.
West Side? I dont know the difference. I can't look to the foothills like I can at home to figure out which direction is which and I haven't programmed the compass on the boat yet so I'll be lost.

Kachina26
09-22-2004, 09:18 AM
West Side? I dont know the difference. I can't look to the foothills like I can at home to figure out which direction is which and I haven't programmed the compass on the boat yet so I'll be lost.
The island side ;)

FRENCHIE
09-22-2004, 09:21 AM
The island side ;)
spell it out!!!! :D

dicudmore
09-22-2004, 09:41 AM
island side....got it...sometimes we need help. :wink:

NastyOne
09-22-2004, 09:49 AM
Awwwww shit I know just the place. Park on the small beach on the west side of the bridge. Go up that little ramp twards Sugaroos (sp) and when you get to the top of the ramp there is a little patio area for the MIKI (sp) resturant. Small place but the best in Havasu. I always get the chilli cheese omlet. Mmmmm MMmmmmm MMMMMmmmm. :)

dicudmore
09-22-2004, 10:25 AM
Awwwww shit I know just the place. Park on the small beach on the west side of the bridge. Go up that little ramp twards Sugaroos (sp) and when you get to the top of the ramp there is a little patio area for the MIKI (sp) resturant. Small place but the best in Havasu. I always get the chilli cheese omlet. Mmmmm MMmmmmm MMMMMmmmm. :)
sounds good to me :D

FRENCHIE
09-22-2004, 10:27 AM
sounds good to me :D
Hey Dan..sunday launch at moabi....Rubber Pay$, Blown lavey, Force26, Cola, Phatt Matt and K26 in havasu...we are all gonna meet up....if ya wanna join!!?? :)

dicudmore
09-22-2004, 10:29 AM
Hey Dan..sunday launch at moabi....Rubber Pay$, Blown lavey, Force26, Cola, Phatt Matt and K26 in havasu...we are all gonna meet up....if ya wanna join!!?? :)
what happened to sunday cottonwood w/Scream, T&B, DHO etc?

FRENCHIE
09-22-2004, 10:31 AM
what happened to sunday cottonwood w/Scream, T&B, DHO etc?
I never said in on that one...Mojave sat, Havasu sunday...Phatt Mat is stayin with us in our room...and i know is takin his boat back to Havi on sunday..were all goin out togeth!! ;)

dicudmore
09-22-2004, 10:35 AM
k one or the other then for me. water somewhere :cool:
I was gonna hitch a boat ride from DHO sunday.
Maybe I can wrestle up a crew to go out to moabi instead. (don't know how to get there)
G/F dumped me the other day, wingman is her brother (also a buddy of mine for years) so we'll see what happens. couple days away still....

FRENCHIE
09-22-2004, 10:37 AM
k one or the other then for me. water somewhere :cool:
I was gonna hitch a boat ride from DHO sunday.
Maybe I can wrestle up a crew to go out to moabi instead. (don't know how to get there)
G/F dumped me the other day, wingman is her brother (also a buddy of mine for years) so we'll see what happens. couple days away still....
Let me know...also thought Sam (DHO) was doing havi on sunday??? :confused:

dicudmore
09-22-2004, 10:39 AM
Let me know...also thought Sam (DHO) was doing havi on sunday??? :confused:
yesterday the talk was to go ahead and do mohave again.....
I'm up for water anywhere ;)

Kachina26
09-22-2004, 10:53 AM
yesterday the talk was to go ahead and do mohave again.....
I'm up for water anywhere ;)
Get that barge down to the zoo, won't miss ya this time.

FRENCHIE
09-22-2004, 10:56 AM
Get that barge down to the zoo, won't miss ya this time.
im trying to tell him...he can hookup iwth us at moabi in the morning on sunday!!! :D

dicudmore
09-22-2004, 11:21 AM
k you 2 funny guys missed some of the details there....
I don't know how to get to moabi
FRENCHIE help here, assume I'm coming from bullhead or laughlin
or off 40 if I go straight down 95.
and I need a crew, its a bitch launching that one solo.
I def want to come down though. I'll work on it. :idea:

Kachina26
09-22-2004, 12:18 PM
k you 2 funny guys missed some of the details there....
I don't know how to get to moabi
FRENCHIE help here, assume I'm coming from bullhead or laughlin
or off 40 if I go straight down 95.
and I need a crew, its a bitch launching that one solo.
I def want to come down though. I'll work on it. :idea:
If you need a ride, let us know. It's just me and the wife and I think Frenchie is rollin the same way. Moabi should come up on Mapquest :hammerhea however I can tell you that it is just on the California side of the river off of the 40 with a big a$$ sign that says "Moabi" Now quit whinning and start making plans!

ChumpChange
09-22-2004, 12:43 PM
Shouldn't you guys be discussing this in the "Lunch at Moabi" thread instead of the "Breakfast in the Channel" thread? Can we get one meal taken care of before moving onto the next?

dicudmore
09-22-2004, 12:47 PM
Shouldn't you guys be discussing this in the "Lunch at Moabi" thread instead of the "Breakfast in the Channel" thread? Can we get one meal taken care of before moving onto the next?
gotta read fast to keep up w/the subject around here sometimes :D

dicudmore
09-22-2004, 12:48 PM
If you need a ride, let us know. It's just me and the wife and I think Frenchie is rollin the same way. Moabi should come up on Mapquest :hammerhea however I can tell you that it is just on the California side of the river off of the 40 with a big a$$ sign that says "Moabi" Now quit whinning and start making plans!
you coming out for the almost dam run Oct 9? Now that I'm single again I think I'll stay in Laughlin for the wkd instead of driving down for the day, called my Simi Valley crew to come out that weekend :D

Kachina26
09-26-2004, 07:13 PM
Ok ChumpChange, what happened???? I had to roll solo for half the day. :cry:

alfonzo
09-26-2004, 08:07 PM
The little place under Barley Brothers is Makai Cafe. I highly recommend it. It is a lot better than the place at Topok.The tuna sandwitch is killer.