PDA

View Full Version : Hahah......please bear with me. Another ? from the newbie

jdogginla
09-22-2004, 05:50 PM
Thanks for putting up with my countles inquires. As many know and have read by answering my questions.......I'll be purchasing a new boat in the months to come and have narrowed it down to 3 all ranging in size from 27-30'.
Now here is the question......I often "sky ski" (which is form of skiing but sitting in a chair device) and my buddy said if got a boat that size that it would be too difficult to do . Anyone out there skii behind a boat that size?

dicudmore
09-22-2004, 05:55 PM
can't help ya with the ski part.
when I ski its behind a 21' Hallett Vector....
Too bad you took the Cheetah off your shopping list. I'd offer ya a free demo-ride. OK you can still have the ride....

Kachina26
09-22-2004, 06:03 PM
The thing with skiing behind a big boat is you gotta get it up on plane real quik and then slow her down to a decent speed.

FRENCHIE
09-22-2004, 06:04 PM
The thing with skiing behind a big boat is you gotta get it up on plane real quik and then slow her down to a decent speed."RUNNING IT HARD...IN BEAUMONT!" YOU KNOW HOW WE DO IT!!
WOW K26 JOINED THE BEAUMONT CREW....I WAS KINDA WAITIN TO SEE IF YOUR IN!!! :eek: :p
Yea we managed it on my 25' while on vacation...but with 8 people on the boat and one behind it...it wasnt easy to get that quick up and go stuff!!! :wink:

LUVNLIFE
09-22-2004, 06:09 PM
I pulled a big guy on an air chair once. Mine is a 23' Eliminator Eagle. He knew what he was doin so he got right up. Might just be a prop issue. :smile:

jdogginla
09-22-2004, 06:20 PM
I pulled a big guy on an air chair once. Mine is a 23' Eliminator Eagle. He knew what he was doin so he got right up. Might just be a prop issue. :smile:
The air chair and sky ski are pretty much the same.......hydro-foil is lil different but same concept. Difference with sky-ski or air chair vs skiing is you don't really need to maintain a real high speed, which is why my buddy thinks it will be difficult. Dunno......may have to expierment.

Bank Boy
09-22-2004, 06:25 PM
We have done alot of Air Chair behind my 24' with out a problem. (and that is with 6 people on board.)

dicudmore
09-23-2004, 02:45 PM
also keep in mind Bravo outdrives do not like to accelerate hard out of the hole....
well they don't like to last long doing so anyway. :jawdrop:

TrojanDan
09-23-2004, 03:06 PM
Haven't sky-skied but I have water skied behind my 29' Magic without a problem (I'm 200lbs+). The wake wasn't very skier friendly so I pretty much hung out behind the boat's wake and cruised. Going side to side was way too much work. :D
Just a little advice, you may see a lot of your ski time go way down with that size of boat since you'll probably want to cruise and party more, that is unless you have young kids. Let your friends buy the ski boat and use theirs for the sky-skiing. :cool:
Oh yeah, get trim tabs if you're concerned about maintaining plane at slower speeds.

Excessive Force
09-23-2004, 03:08 PM
WOW K26 JOINED THE BEAUMONT CREW....I WAS KINDA WAITIN TO SEE IF YOUR IN!!!
What is this Beaumont crew you speak of?

Steamin' Rice
09-23-2004, 03:21 PM
I skied behind my 29 a few times and it wasn't bad.. I'm not sure what speed you need to maintain on the sky-ski, but the Shockwave could hold on plane to a fairly slow speed. Here are a couple of pics of a skier behind the 29...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/234P8120253.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/234P8120257.JPG

ChumpChange
09-23-2004, 03:35 PM
I ski and wakeboard behind my 27 Dana with no problem. If the water is glass, it puts up a sick wake to launch off of.