PDA

View Full Version : Flags half mast

phuggit
09-23-2004, 02:11 PM
I usually stay up on these things, but I'm wondering why the flags have been half mast at our fire stations for the last couple of days. Anyone know why?

racecar.hotshoe
09-23-2004, 02:12 PM
I would think still in rememberence of 9-11

iparky
09-23-2004, 02:13 PM
cdf firefighter death last week, crew got over ran by fire, multi injuries one, dead.

phuggit
09-23-2004, 02:14 PM
I hate to hear that. Where was the fire/stations?

bilgewiper
09-23-2004, 02:20 PM
If I remember right it was the first woman to die in the line of duty with the Calif. Div. of Forestry. I belive she was from the S. Lake Tahoe area, but I could be way off on that one.

Hugh Jascaulk
09-23-2004, 02:36 PM
When I was a kid,
flying the flag at Half-mast was only done when a president died... It was by Presidential Proclamation for a certain number of days- usually a week or less. Nowadays, everybody seems to feel free to lower their flag whenever anyone important to THEM dies. It's impossible to know who the flag is lowered for! Since people who are important to somebody die each day, maybe we should all double the length of our flagpoles and fly it permanently lowered!

jdogginla
09-23-2004, 03:25 PM
What a jackass............she was a civil servant, putting her life on the line as many firefighters and police do every day to protect your assests and your community. She as well as any other Fireman or Policeman that lose their life in the line of duty deserve the respect of the Flag at Half Mast. :hammer2:

mirvin
09-23-2004, 03:27 PM
Hey Jdogg, don't worry about that guy. He's a phony. He's mocking another member with the same name but no caps. He's just stirring up the sh it.
Just ignore him.
mirvin :rollside:

ChumpChange
09-23-2004, 03:30 PM
I usually stay up on these things, but I'm wondering why the flags have been half mast at our fire stations for the last couple of days. Anyone know why?
I heard it was because AzDon left the ***boat forums.
Sorry to make light of a serious situation but I had to.

Lady Rat Attack 1
09-23-2004, 03:49 PM
She was fighting a fire in Calaveras County and I for one have lowered my flag for her. I live in that county and I appriciate her sacrifice :( RIP

Her454
09-23-2004, 03:50 PM
She was fighting a fire in Calaveras County and I for one have lowered my flag for her. I live in that county and I appriciate her sacrifice :( RIP
THAT GOES DOUBLE FOR ME, Lady Rat and I could have very easily lost our homes in that fire. I have several friends that did.
God Bless.

Tom Brown
09-23-2004, 03:55 PM
Since people who are important to somebody die each day, maybe we should all double the length of our flagpoles and fly it permanently lowered!
It is a way for people to show respect. If lowering a flag helps people feel better about doing something respectful for someone fallen, I'm all for it. :cool:

Her454
09-23-2004, 04:01 PM
When I was a kid,
flying the flag at Half-mast was only done when a president died... It was by Presidential Proclamation for a certain number of days- usually a week or less. Nowadays, everybody seems to feel free to lower their flag whenever anyone important to THEM dies. It's impossible to know who the flag is lowered for! Since people who are important to somebody die each day, maybe we should all double the length of our flagpoles and fly it permanently lowered!
What a Jackass. Phony or not, when someone gives their life to protect your property AND OR your loved ones, that deserves respect, period.
Yes this hits close to home since she died PROTECTING MY HOME AND ONES AROUND IT. I dont wish that fear on anyone but maybe you need to be humbled a bit.

Hugh Jascaulk
09-23-2004, 04:52 PM
What a Jackass. Phony or not, when someone gives their life to protect your property AND OR your loved ones, that deserves respect, period.
Yes this hits close to home since she died PROTECTING MY HOME AND ONES AROUND IT. I dont wish that fear on anyone but maybe you need to be humbled a bit.
Jeez- A bit touchy, are we? I was just commenting about how lowering the flag has become more common. I meant no disrespect to anyone who has died! I'm sorry I posted something that could be interpreted as disrespectful! I'll go to my room and skip dinner!

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-23-2004, 06:27 PM
Jeez- A bit touchy, are we? I was just commenting about how lowering the flag has become more common. I meant no disrespect to anyone who has died! I'm sorry I posted something that could be interpreted as disrespectful! I'll go to my room and skip dinner!
I think you are a waste of oxygen .. she almost lost her life and her property and you still think of it as a joke.. wether you are real or not..are you dumb or just stuck on stupid.. show some respect.. :lightsabe

summerlove
09-23-2004, 06:36 PM
I heard it was because AzDon left the ***boat forums.
Sorry to make light of a serious situation but I had to.
Believe it or not, Don's a pretty down to earth guy. Very old school boater. Bad analogy.
I lost a friend in the "Line of Duty" two years ago, and believe me, when a safety officer (Police or fire) dies in the line of duty they are accorded the greatest respect, the flag lowered in their honor.
Lower the flag and respect the fallen hero, for they were there and gave their life so that we could be here today. Same goes for our men and women in the military.