PDA

View Full Version : Question????

mickeyfinn
09-26-2004, 06:01 AM
I have watched several threads where people get pretty heated and apparently some are creating multiple screen names in an attempt to make it appear that they have support from different people. This seems to be caught by the fact that the multiple screen names come from the same IP address. My question is how can you see the IP address of people posting. Is this information available to view or is this information that is only available to mods?

Boatcop
09-26-2004, 06:13 AM
I think the capability for displaying IP addresses is embedded in the forums, but due to the possibilty of hacking and virus distribution, most forum hosts do not display them publically.
For those of us on dial-up, the IP adress would change with each system log-on, due to different servers being accessed, so that feature wouldn't identify individuals, only the particular ISP used.

Havasu Hangin'
09-26-2004, 06:37 AM
These forums used to publicly display the IP addresses. Like Boatcop said, they are not displayed any longer due to security concerns.
However, IP addresses are not private info. Your ISP provides the IP address to every site you visit.

MsDrmr
09-26-2004, 07:22 AM
That tells you what kind of people they are. Why hide behind different names, if someone does not like you, to hell with them. There are so many different types of people on here, ya can't please them all. Be who you are not who people want you to be. :argue:

Kim Hanson
09-26-2004, 01:37 PM
That tells you what kind of people they are. Why hide behind different names, if someone does not like you, to hell with them. There are so many different types of people on here, ya can't please them all. Be who you are not who people want you to be. :argue:
That is why I post under my real name, either you can like it or don't! Im not here to be an imposter, just some smart ass guy that likes to have fun shit-talking :p ........( . )( . )........

MsDrmr
09-26-2004, 01:54 PM
That is why I post under my real name, either you can like it or don't! Im not here to be an imposter, just some smart ass guy that likes to have fun shit-talking :p ........( . )( . )........
YEAH :D :D :D

Kim Hanson
09-26-2004, 01:57 PM
YEAH :D :D :D
You forgot, " YEAH BABY "........... :D ........( . )( . )......... :D

MsDrmr
09-26-2004, 02:03 PM
Oh sorry :hammerhea
YEAH BABY :shift:
(is that better?)

Kim Hanson
09-26-2004, 02:08 PM
Oh sorry :hammerhea
YEAH BABY :shift:
(is that better?)
YEAH BABY !.........( . )( . ).......

mickeyfinn
09-26-2004, 02:47 PM
Okay that is cool. I was just reading in the recent post which was locked about someone posting under different screen names with different IP addresses. I log IP addresses that visit sites that I have created for a couple of different businesses but didn't see any place here that displayed individuals IP addresses. I guess in that particular case the mods noticed the IP addresses and took appropriate action?

Kim Hanson
09-26-2004, 02:54 PM
Okay that is cool. I was just reading in the recent post which was locked about someone posting under different screen names with different IP addresses. I log IP addresses that visit sites that I have created for a couple of different businesses but didn't see any place here that displayed individuals IP addresses. I guess in that particular case the mods noticed the IP addresses and took appropriate action?
Tom Brown let me have some fun one night and Admin Controls are alot different, you see all IP Addys! But that don't tell me squat chit, unless I was slamming someone and got to see them all.........( . )( . ).......What is pinging them?