PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for a Sub

OC Ultra
09-26-2004, 08:59 PM
Has anybody tried the Bazooka Marine powered Sub? Just thought it might be a clean way to add some bass to my system. Presently have Panasonic head, JBL amp, 4 6 1/2 Infinities. Or some ideas on a sub box. I have a 21 Ultra.
Thx

ROZ
09-27-2004, 02:08 PM
It's an easy route to go if you're only looking to get a little umph of the lower frequencies, but it will not increase the bottom end drastically. I know of someone who was pretty impressed with one under the bow of an 18ft jet, but I'm not wure how well it will perform in a much larger open boat. I hear that the Infinity powered sub does a bit better. I think RiverCrazy has one in his Tundra. You may want to PM him for more info thoughts on preformance in a boat.
You'll get a lot more out of a small sub amp(250wwatts) and 1 good sub vs the powered Bazooka....
You really need to know what kind of sub performance you're looking to achieve before you commit yourself to your purchase...

riverbound
09-28-2004, 09:48 PM
I would have to agree with Roz, all the powered woofer set ups I have seen seemed to be on the under powered side. They do a great job of adding a little oomph but if you are looking for a big increase you would be better off buying a seperate amp and sub. The self powered units do well with adding bass to a stock car system and thats about it. Boats are open environments and will need a lot more power to produce decnt sound.

OC Ultra
09-30-2004, 08:30 PM
Alright no bazooka for me. But here's the question? Where do I mount the sub? Space is at a premium. Do you suggest under the bulkheads. Do fiberglass in for more of a stealth look. How about some ideas on where to mount them. If I have someone to do this for me, using decent but moderate equip. how much will this cost. Thanks for all helping me with all the questions.

riverbound
10-02-2004, 06:13 AM
Call RObert at Al & EDs autosound in Ontario (909)481-8411.Let him know you are from ***boat and He will take care of you. we do a ton of boats and have done quite a few for board members. He can go over all the details and pricing for you. I would hate to start quoting prices until we know exactly what you are looking for and what you want to spend.

rivercrazy
10-04-2004, 09:42 AM
It really depends on how much boom your looking to add.
BUt I do have an Infinity Basslink and it puts out respectable and accurate volume for a 200 watt unit. Not sure how loud it would be in a boat but I do know that it would blow a bazooka out of the water