PDA

View Full Version : Fellow Boater Needs Support

Budget Baller
09-28-2004, 02:30 PM
Many of you met or know KPHayes from Chicago. This is the guy who drives out each year from Chicago for OP6. This year Kyle and Deana brought another couple, Cale & Amy to Lake Havasu for OP6. If any of you met Cale and Amy, you know they are great people. They share a love of boating like we all do, and they had a great time in LHC.
Unfortunately Cale has cancer and yesterday at 28 years old, they had to amputate his leg. Today I was told that the leg had to be removed too far up to allow him to wear a prosthetic leg.
I would like to get Cale into the 21st century when he returns home from the hospital by giving him a computer, so that he can get online with all of us.
If anyone is interested in donating to this guys recovery effort, please PM me or KPHayes. We are not looking to make him rich, all we need is enough for a nice computer. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.
Rich

Bre
09-28-2004, 02:31 PM
Where do we send the money?

Budget Baller
09-28-2004, 02:36 PM
Send it to KPHayes.
I wonder if it is easy to just set up a Pay Pal Account in his name?

ratso
09-28-2004, 02:40 PM
That's terrible. We met up with them at a rest stop near Texas coming back from OP6...really nice people...

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-28-2004, 02:43 PM
we also need to know where to send the money.. :wink:

Budget Baller
09-28-2004, 02:45 PM
Thank you to all who have offered money. I guess I should have worked out the logistics first.
I will see about setting up a Pay Pal account, or if that does not work, I will PM each of you Kyle Hayes address in Chicago.

THOR
09-28-2004, 02:49 PM
BB, let us know when and if the account gets rollin'. I am in for sure.

boxscore
09-28-2004, 02:52 PM
POST A ADDRESS, :wink: I'M IN
same here

Speedin' Ian
09-28-2004, 02:54 PM
Let me know, I don't have a bunch, but I'll give what I can

racecar.hotshoe
09-28-2004, 02:56 PM
Why dont we just take up a collection at AMDR.This is what I will do.Dell has a reasonable price computer. they work fine for what he needs.What money we dont collect I will give...That my Offer.

jackpunx
09-28-2004, 02:57 PM
Let me know, I don't have a bunch, but I'll give what I can
Im with him ;)

Kilrtoy
09-28-2004, 02:59 PM
Cale and amy are way cool people
That is awful....

PlyaPlya22
09-28-2004, 03:06 PM
Why dont we just take up a collection at AMDR.This is what I will do.Dell has a reasonable price computer. they work fine for what he needs.What money we dont collect I will give...That my Offer.
Count PlyaPlya in.

LHC30Victory
09-28-2004, 03:09 PM
Haven't had the opportunity to meet them but count me (us) in. Just waiting for that paypal account posting or sum such thing.
BTW - Send our thoughts and prayers for a good recovery and healthy future.

Whipped Caliber
09-28-2004, 03:12 PM
I just taked to Kyle today, I'm in let me know when it's set-up :frown:

ROZ
09-28-2004, 03:14 PM
I don't have much, but I too would like to donate a few bucks. Where can I send it.... :(

OutCole'd
09-28-2004, 03:16 PM
Count me in!! :frown:

Mandelon
09-28-2004, 03:18 PM
Screw paypal, I think they will take a percentage of the money. Better to just send a check. PM the address out. KPHayes is pretty damn cool and his wife is just damn pretty!!! :D
Hard to believe something like that can happen..... :frown:
Here they are:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/2255_18_03-2-med.JPG
Man--->has checkbook ready<---delon

dicudmore
09-28-2004, 03:25 PM
I'm in for that....

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-28-2004, 04:05 PM
I like that idea. Have one person collect the money, account for it, buy the computer and send it out to him. It will make it easier that way + everybody knows what is going on.
I'm in if someone takes this on.

eliminatedsprinter
09-28-2004, 04:07 PM
How did he get it too high for a prosthesis. What did he have, a hemipelvectomy??

MsDrmr
09-28-2004, 04:14 PM
things are tight around here I will see what I can do, but along with all the donations that are being sent, I will say a prayer that they stoped whatever the problem is and it will go no further. I will pray for he and the family to adapt to the changes that are to come also.
I am so sorry

FRENCHIE
09-28-2004, 04:46 PM
agreed then he can "RUN IT HARD WITH US!!" LETS TAKE A COLLECTION AT THE ALMOST TO THE DAM RUN II!! :cool:

Scream
09-28-2004, 04:54 PM
Since we're not going, we'll send our proxy with some one who is...
Get us the info and we'll make it good.
Scream

Mandelon
09-28-2004, 05:07 PM
Be sure to set the home page to ***boat! :D

Mrs.Racer277
09-28-2004, 05:07 PM
Never had the pleasure of meeting them, but we are more than happy to help out. Please let us know where to send money. PM if you would like. Do you know if his insurance will be covering everything. Do they need help with med. expenses? Pm with any medical insurance questions they may have and I maybe able to help. Please let us know. Thanks.

kphayes
09-28-2004, 06:39 PM
You guys are all the BOMB!
Just to give you all a little back ground, Cale had cancer in his leg 20 years ago and was told there could be a chance of it returning. Well it did, and the tumor has been eating away at his bone in his leg for the last 8 months or so.
I spoke with Cale this evening and he is doing great. He has a great outlook on the whole deal and has been able to keep somewhat of a sense of humor. I told him before he went into surgery on Monday that I was going to duct tape his pecker to his other leg and write on it "Do Not Remove!" on the tape. He got a good laugh out of that one. This is a couple that Deana and I met on the water when we first started boating out here and didn't know anybody. We all hit it off and have been friends ever since. They were blown away this summer when Deana and I brought them out to LHC for OP6. They had great time and couldn't believe how I could have hook up with such a great group of people off of the internet. Ever since, Rich has been giving Cale a hard time about not having a computer and he has come up with this great idea. Rich and I now relized we did this kind of backwards but, him and I are working out the details for donations.
Again, thanks to all of you! He's going to shit when he see's what you all are willing to do for another boater.
Here is a pic of Cale & his wife Amy @ OP6 in June. http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/22550_Dsc02099-med.jpg

Jbb
09-28-2004, 06:43 PM
Im In!...

kphayes
09-28-2004, 06:45 PM
I think what I may have you all do is send donations to my work. I need to look into one other avenue before I post the address. I will know in the AM.
I think my plan is to get the computer and have my wife video me walking in with it and giving it to him from all of us in here. Then somehow post the video clip on the boards so you all can see what your generosity did.
Again, thank you all!

kphayes
09-28-2004, 06:51 PM
The funny thing is I looked for a while and I just seam to come up with pics that have her ass in there. :D

kphayes
09-28-2004, 06:52 PM
go get a po box and we can send $$ to it :cool:
That might be a good idea.

dicudmore
09-28-2004, 06:53 PM
The funny thing is I looked for a while and I just seam to come up with pics that have her ass in there. :D
that pic works for me :D

essexjet
09-28-2004, 06:53 PM
I'm in! Anyone who drives all the way out here to go to OP6 is worth what ever I could give.

racecar.hotshoe
09-28-2004, 07:04 PM
That might be a good idea.Wait tell after AMDRII I know it will be worth the wait,Mark

Big_Gunz_
09-28-2004, 07:20 PM
I'm in, I'll be looking for whom ever will be doing the collecting at AMDRII. I've also never met them but I'll send my prayers and thoughts out to their family.

OutCole'd
09-28-2004, 07:43 PM
That might be a good idea.
Also post the name you want the checks made out to. Also hopefully we can raise enough coin to pay for his internet access for a while.

shadow
09-28-2004, 07:52 PM
Also post the name you want the checks made out to. Also hopefully we can raise enough coin to pay for his internet access for a while.
$$ count shadow in.

XTRM22
09-28-2004, 08:33 PM
Well now that's just a tribute to your photographic skills!! ;) Joking a side you can count on our support a fellow boater!
Chuck

WetWillie
09-28-2004, 08:35 PM
I can give at the run or tell me were to send it!
W

svlperry
09-28-2004, 08:42 PM
you guys i think this should be a sticky everybody wants to help out

JustMVG
09-28-2004, 10:14 PM
Count me in for some cash, just get me the info on where to send etc. And so sorry to hear the news.
Mike VG

Budget Baller
09-29-2004, 06:56 AM
Thank you to everyone for your support. After speaking to Kyle (KPHayes) it seems the easiest way to handle the donations is to have them all sent direct to Kyle. Kyle will then go buy the computer, deliver it to Cale, and post a video for everyone to see. We decided against using Pay Pal only because they do take a percentage of every donation. Please make the checks payable to "Kyle Hayes". The address that you can send your donations to is listed below. Please include your screen name in the envelope so we know who is donating. Cale will have lots of time on his hands to write everyone Thank You notes. Please PM me or Kyle if you have any questions.
Fabric Images
Attn: Kyle Hayes
300 Corporate Drive
Elgin, ILL 60123
Rich

racecar.hotshoe
09-29-2004, 07:08 AM
Thank you to everyone for your support. After speaking to Kyle (KPHayes) it seems the easiest way to handle the donations is to have them all sent direct to Kyle. Kyle will then go buy the computer, deliver it to Cale, and post a video for everyone to see. We decided against using Pay Pal only because they do take a percentage of every donation. Please make the checks payable to "Kyle Hayes". The address that you can send your donations to is listed below. Please include your screen name in the envelope so we know who is donating. Cale will have lots of time on his hands to write everyone Thank You notes. Please PM me or Kyle if you have any questions.
Fabric Images
300 Corporate Drive
Elgin, ILL 60123
RichThe 9th of Oct is the AMDRII so you should here from us on 11th or 12th We will apoint someone to handle the cash at the run.Then get in touch with Kyle when we return.Thanks The Prez....

DryHeatOnly
09-29-2004, 07:52 AM
The 9th of Oct is the AMDRII so you should here from us on 11th or 12th We will apoint someone to handle the cash at the run.Then get in touch with Kyle when we return.Thanks The Prez....
As the 'Dept of ***boater Assistance' I'll be ready to handle the collection of checks and cash at the ATTDR on Saturday Oct 9th. I'll post reminders as the date gets closer. :cool:

racecar.hotshoe
09-29-2004, 07:57 AM
As the 'Office of ***boater Assistance' I'll be ready to handle the collection of checks and cash at the ATTDR on Saturday Oct 9th. I'll post reminders as the date gets closer. :cool:Thanks DHO I knew I could count on you....http://dmontzmax.maximaclubca.com/SigsAndAvatars/Smilies/Thanx.gif

kphayes
09-29-2004, 03:32 PM
You are all seriously awsome! This is why I travel 1900 miles to go boating with people like you all!
Kyle

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-30-2004, 07:54 AM
TTT
check is on the way.. :wink:

switchin'addiction
09-30-2004, 09:41 PM
boaters = family ......Count me in.

robt
10-01-2004, 07:48 AM
I'm located in ill about an hour from chicago i cannot give any cash as things are tight right now i had a house fire this week and the ins money has not came yet but if it helps i would be willing to set it up or help out any way i can
rob

jackpunx
10-04-2004, 04:18 PM
This may be an outside topic.. But.. there is a party this coming weekend in parker.. Everyone is invited.. There will be a lot of ***boaters there and with all good intentions (me included).. its hard to actually get that money in the mail..
What do you think about a can or someone to be in charge of gathering donations.. I know it would work better for me..
Just a thought.. :)

MRS FLYIN VEE
10-04-2004, 04:24 PM
This may be an outside topic.. But.. there is a party this coming weekend in parker.. Everyone is invited.. There will be a lot of ***boaters there and with all good intentions (me included).. its hard to actually get that money in the mail..
What do you think about a can or someone to be in charge of gathering donations.. I know it would work better for me..
Just a thought.. :)
Mark I think someone is collecting at RD's and Damn run. :confused:

jackpunx
10-04-2004, 04:37 PM
Mark I think someone is collecting at RD's and Damn run. :confused:
sorry must of missed it

MRS FLYIN VEE
10-04-2004, 04:38 PM
sorry must of missed it
don't be sorry.. you were thinking of a fellow boater and it is a nice suggestion.. :shift:

LVJAKAZ
10-04-2004, 04:43 PM
Please count me in, im not going to the dam run, just let me know what I can do.

MRS FLYIN VEE
10-04-2004, 04:45 PM
Please count me in, im not going to the dam run, just let me know what I can do.
there is an adress on RiverRatlife.com
if you want to .. :smile:

essexjet
10-06-2004, 10:30 PM
DHO, I will not be able to make it to this dam run due to a wedding but I would like to contribute. Since you live close to me can I send it to you and you can add it to the collection? let me know.

DryHeatOnly
10-06-2004, 10:33 PM
No problem. I'll shoot you a PM.

racecar.hotshoe
10-07-2004, 06:12 AM
No problem. I'll shoot you a PM.They better have a big collection box at AMDRII..... :D

RiverToysJas
10-07-2004, 07:16 AM
Very sorry to read all this! :( I don't have much to give, but I'll get a little in the mail soon!!! I'll toss in some OP6 Stickers for the monitor too!!! ;)
RTJas :D

racecar.hotshoe
10-07-2004, 07:24 AM
Very sorry to read all this! :( I don't have much to give, but I'll get a little in the mail soon!!! I'll toss in some OP6 Stickers for the monitor too!!! ;)
RTJas :DIt aint about the money we got that covered its about careing.And we know you care brother.There is power in numbers.So at the AMDRII we will get it done! :rollside: :) :) :rollside:

DryHeatOnly
10-07-2004, 12:00 PM
Just bumping this to the top. It's the whole reason for the "Collecting Donations for Cale at ATTR" (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60028) thread.

Krumbsnatcher
10-07-2004, 01:42 PM
I'm in too.
I would recommend setting up a paypal account, you could then use the account over the web and purchase the computer, plus it will give you a detailed list of who offered what.
send request money email.
jeff@billetaudiocovers.com
Paypal email account

DryHeatOnly
10-07-2004, 05:36 PM
I'm in too.
I would recommend setting up a paypal account, you could then use the account over the web and purchase the computer, plus it will give you a detailed list of who offered what.
send request money email.
jeff@billetaudiocovers.com
Paypal email account
Does PayPal take a percentage? :frown:
KPHayes is buying the computer and presenting it to Cale. He has requested we send the money to him. BudgetBaller provided KP's address earlier in this thread if you prefer to send the money directly to him (I'll post it below).
I'm collecting from people going to the ATTDR and would be happy to include any money sent to me from people not attending. MandMVG personally dropped a check by today and essexjet has one in the mail. If you want my address, PM me.
Here's the earlier post from BB...
Fabric Images
300 Corporate Drive
Elgin, ILL 60123
Rich