PDA

View Full Version : Anybody buy a new boat lately?

Second "PLACE"
09-28-2004, 04:19 PM
Question: Anybody buy a new boat lately? If so what was the AVERAGE lead time from order date to delivery? I realize every boat builder is different, and depending on how many orders they have, but just a general question, so I know what to expect. This will be my second boat from this builder. The first one I bought used, and I it was a great.

dicudmore
09-28-2004, 04:21 PM
my boat was 10 weeks on the nose...
I think Ultra is about 6 right now...
Placecraft, can't speak for them. What did they tell ya??

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-28-2004, 04:21 PM
Question: Anybody buy a new boat lately? If so what was the AVERAGE lead time from order date to delivery? I realize every boat builder is different, and depending on how many orders they have, but just a general question, so I know what to expect. This will be my second boat from this builder. The first one I bought used, and I it was a great.
Well I bought one this year but the hull was already done and all I had to do was pick the motor. Two weeks :)
I would guesstimate 8-12 weeks but it is totally a guess

Slib77
09-28-2004, 04:22 PM
Majic and Sleek are 6 weeks.

Second "PLACE"
09-28-2004, 04:28 PM
PLACECRAFT said 14-16 weeks. This is week 15, and it looks as though they may be a week late.There is no doubt they are busy, and only a 4 person operation, to assemble and rig new hulls. I have heard a few horror stories on delays from other boat builders. Think I should start to hammer 'em ?

dicudmore
09-28-2004, 04:32 PM
PLACECRAFT said 14-16 weeks. This is week 15, and it looks as though they may be a week late.There is no doubt they are busy, and only a 4 person operation, to assemble and rig new hulls. I have heard a few horror stories on delays from other boat builders. Think I should start to hammer 'em ?
I don't think it will do ya any good....

dicudmore
09-28-2004, 04:34 PM
to put in perspective, my understanding is that Howard is just starting to lay up some of the orders from the LA boat show (January)
not trashing Howard here either....They are an amazing boat and great people. But I've heard they're that far behind on orders

jbtrailerjim
09-28-2004, 04:36 PM
Ultra told me six weeks and I had it in six weeks as promised.

got boltons?
09-28-2004, 04:38 PM
About 10 days because the first buyer cancelled right as i was about to put boat into the mold... i got lucky the colors and graphics were very similiar to what I had in mind. I was actually very impressed with commander even hearing a lot of mixed emotions about them.

Ziggy
09-28-2004, 04:39 PM
Ordered mine and was promised in 6 weeks...5 1/2 later it was done.

got boltons?
09-28-2004, 04:45 PM
Ordered mine and was promised in 6 weeks...5 1/2 later it was done.
zig when did you order? i didnt have any problems like a lot of people on here talk about, did you have a good experience?

Second "PLACE"
09-28-2004, 07:00 PM
to put in perspective, my understanding is that Howard is just starting to lay up some of the orders from the LA boat show (January)
not trashing Howard here either....They are an amazing boat and great people. But I've heard they're that far behind on orders
No doubt obviously Howard has a great reputation, and the lead time for orders backs up that statement. PLACECRAFT has always been very professional, and forthcoming when dealing with them in the past. I guess
I'm just getting a little restless, as my previous boat has sold earlier this season, and I have been waiting patiently so far. Just want to make sure
there is SOME good weather left when I take delivery. :cry:

Debbolas
09-28-2004, 07:13 PM
Hey neighbor, where are you in Alta Loma? :cool:

CEO
09-28-2004, 07:33 PM
DCb took about 3 months, which was perfect. Got delivery in March 04. No hurry on a winter build

Propchecker
09-28-2004, 07:42 PM
I wouldn't hammer them in a negative way. After waiting this long you don't want it rushed out the door. I've always liked all of their boats that I've seen

Propchecker
09-28-2004, 07:46 PM
DCb took about 3 months, which was perfect. Got delivery in March 04. No hurry on a winter build
Yup, they seem pretty consistent. I remember back when we got ours it was right on time.

welk2party
09-28-2004, 08:32 PM
Took about 8 weeks for mine.

XTRM22
09-28-2004, 08:40 PM
That's almost on the nose what mine was from DCB 7 years ago. It's nice when somebody does what they say they will.
Chuck

Second "PLACE"
09-29-2004, 07:06 AM
Hey neighbor, where are you in Alta Loma? :cool:
Lemon and Amethyst......You close?