PDA

View Full Version : How Many of You Have Been Refused Launching By Havasu Marina?

Essex502
09-30-2004, 06:52 AM
We'd like to take a poll on how many of you have actually been denied launching priviledges (rights?) at the Lake Havasu Marina and for what reason.
Thanks for your support.

dicudmore
09-30-2004, 06:53 AM
I was too long there in April....
Too loud 9-18 (let launch but with a warning not to come back un-muffled)

Essex502
09-30-2004, 06:54 AM
That was quick Dan! Please vote as well! :D

dicudmore
09-30-2004, 06:55 AM
That was quick Dan! Please vote as well! :D
damn poll won't let me pick BOTH

shadow
09-30-2004, 06:57 AM
I was allowed to launch this time,But denied to come back 89.7
27' Ultra shadow stock 496HO.

LakeRacer
09-30-2004, 07:00 AM
Too long also. Can't even get tested...what's up with that? :rollside: I want to get tested because I know at 50ft (the law) I would pass.

FastTimmy
09-30-2004, 07:02 AM
I voted other because the first time I was told to leave (after I might add they took my money) was because they did not want my type of boat launching there (Mach 26 with a blower sticking out). They told me it was to loud with out ever hearing it. They also threw in that they have a family atmisfear there, so I told the kids to pop there heads up out of the boat and told them that I was the family type...No dice as they made me leave with no refund upon my request. At that time I thought it was just me and did not make the huge stink that I should have. Please remember that I did have the kids and did not want to go off in front of them..
Timmy

PHX ATC
09-30-2004, 07:20 AM
Please remember that I did have the kids and did not want to go off in front of them..
Good move. :)
I will let you know in a few weeks...we'll be up there.

Havasu_Dreamin
09-30-2004, 07:24 AM
Our LEGAL boat was told not to come back as we are banned. Of course, since you were there you know that. :shift:

Havasu_Dreamin
09-30-2004, 07:25 AM
Too long also. Can't even get tested...what's up with that? :rollside: I want to get tested because I know at 50ft (the law) I would pass.
As would most boats.

Havasu_Dreamin
09-30-2004, 07:26 AM
I voted other because the first time I was told to leave (after I might add they took my money) was because they did not want my type of boat launching there (Mach 26 with a blower sticking out). They told me it was to loud with out ever hearing it. They also threw in that they have a family atmisfear there, so I told the kids to pop there heads up out of the boat and told them that I was the family type...No dice as they made me leave with no refund upon my request. At that time I thought it was just me and did not make the huge stink that I should have. Please remember that I did have the kids and did not want to go off in front of them..
Timmy
Total BS! You really need to get on this as well and write some letters. I ahve all of the addresses if you need them.

Essex502
09-30-2004, 07:44 AM
Timmy
Too bad you're not a Lake Havasu resident...it would be interesting to see what would happen if you sued the Marina in small claims court for the non-refund of the $10.00. I'd sure like to see that.

PHOTOGLOU
09-30-2004, 08:00 AM
But they did let me remove my boat on 4th of july 42 feet way over in decibels at 3 in the morning . Had my boat tied up at nautical and the big storms came in so had 2 friends drive to Windsor and pickup the trailer drive to marina they gave us a stink and then said ok but don't rev it got to the launch ramp and again big stink but then said don't rev it I've got your CF #'s put it on said thank you and left. SOOOOOOO there story anbout the ramp being to short is BS but I do apreciate them letting me remove my boat in the calm waters of the marina with lights instead of 3 - 5 ft waves and no lights at windsor, THAT WOULD HAVE DONE DAMAGE TO MY BOAT

That Guy
09-30-2004, 08:15 AM
Denied....too loud without even testing.

Havasu_Dreamin
09-30-2004, 01:15 PM
Bttt

Huckleberry
09-30-2004, 01:35 PM
I was denied for being 33' long, a mere 12" over their limit. If it wasn't the length, they'd for sure blackballed me for being too loud.

Keithb87
09-30-2004, 01:45 PM
I have not launched there but I'm sure that they would not even test me with the unbaffeled OT Rewarders... :(

cola
09-30-2004, 06:23 PM
9/25/04 were not allowed to launch, to loud. Drove up to Park Moabi as Windsor was full.
Late, Mike

RiverOtter
09-30-2004, 06:25 PM
Nope... never had a problem. But I can promise that I will never, ever launch a boat there! Sound like a bunch of Arses :D

Havasu Hangin'
09-30-2004, 06:33 PM
I've been told I'm too long...
...and the boat, too. :smile:

WUTWZAT
09-30-2004, 06:38 PM
They didn't want me there because........
I forget, was it cause I am a big dick or I have......
Yeah, cause I am a dick thats right. :hammerhea
I don't think my little ole boat will violate any of those there db meters.
Jason

Essex502
10-01-2004, 06:34 AM
Any more of you been refused the RIGHT to launch at the LHC Marina?

FastTimmy
10-01-2004, 06:48 AM
Total BS! You really need to get on this as well and write some letters. I ahve all of the addresses if you need them.
I have a few drafts but they all read like a rant not concerned like I realy am!

dirty old man
10-01-2004, 07:17 AM
To long, but they didn't even measure, and a week-day at that

NastyOne
10-01-2004, 07:42 AM
Last weekend when I went with Lesson Learned we didnt even try to launch there. We saw they were testing and were like f-that. I saw Warlock25 trying to launch and I just lauphed. :D Did you really think they would let you? lol :D A for effort! Anyhow we launched somewhere else (no parking) and then we went back to park in the Marina parkinglot. We told the guy we needed to pick up a boat that wouldnt run and he let us come in. (without paying) We parked for a minute and then thought with the way are luck was going this weekend we would get towed and be up shit creek.... again. So we left (with no boat) and parked at the hotel. At the end of the day we went back in and gave him the same story. He said Oh ya... that boat is at the docks. We just laughed and said ya.... thats the one. And went to the ramp to get LL's boat which was running fine. (the boat he was talking about wasnt are boat :D )

91nordic29
10-01-2004, 07:46 AM
we are going to be at cattail cove next week thurs - mon but i am tempted to drive over and attempt to launch. i am pretty sure we wont be allowed. i dont know if it would help anything or not but i am curious to see the process.

nodigg
10-01-2004, 08:02 AM
I went to check it all out last Friday for myself and after waiting in line for about an hour for 5 boats to be tested got my turn. They rated my thru hull/whippled/headers/silent choice 502 at 76 decibels. So I launched for a quick prop check. (I always use Windsor but was curious).

Essex502
10-01-2004, 09:24 AM
we are going to be at cattail cove next week thurs - mon but i am tempted to drive over and attempt to launch. i am pretty sure we wont be allowed. i dont know if it would help anything or not but i am curious to see the process.
The wife and I will be in town that weekend as well...arriving Thursday night ans leaving Sunday...if you want to setup a test case with the Marina let me know and I'll try to be there when you are to document the process. I have a noise meter and digital camera to document their passing or failing your boat. PM me if you want to do this.

91nordic29
10-01-2004, 09:49 AM
i am sure that our boat will fail (502 bored to 515, through transom exh, above the water, under swim platform) but if you see us on the water, i would be curious as to what your meter would read. i will let you know about the marina deal, thanks :cool:

Some Kind Of Monster
10-01-2004, 09:52 AM
There needs to be another option on this poll. I have not launched there, so I have not given them a chance to kick me out. Of course I would be denied in a second with my boat. I plan on launching there in the future. Therefore I am interested in the results but there isn't an option that fits me!

beer hunter
10-01-2004, 09:52 AM
The wife and I will be in town that weekend as well...arriving Thursday night ans leaving Sunday...if you want to setup a test case with the Marina let me know and I'll try to be there when you are to document the process. I have a noise meter and digital camera to document their passing or failing your boat. PM me if you want to do this.
Mike, I’ll be heading up to Rex Marine to pickup a set of their silencers today (installing them tomorrow). Maybe we could set something up for a trip to the marina next Friday with my boat and see/video/document any harassment that might happen.:hammerhea

Essex502
10-01-2004, 10:12 AM
There needs to be another option on this poll. I have not launched there, so I have not given them a chance to kick me out. Of course I would be denied in a second with my boat. I plan on launching there in the future. Therefore I am interested in the results but there isn't an option that fits me!
Good point! I didn't set up another option as I was looking to see that exact numbers that actually went to the Marina and were refused. Write a letter to the state of Arizona telling of your upcoming concerns and that you might not come to their wonderful state for a visit because of the issues you know are happeing...couldn't hurt.
Thanks for posting.

Essex502
10-01-2004, 10:13 AM
Mike, I’ll be heading up to Rex Marine to pickup a set of their silencers today (installing them tomorrow). Maybe we could set something up for a trip to the marina next Friday with my boat and see/video/document any harassment that might happen.:hammerhea
Definitely we should take the opportunity to challenge the tyranny that the Marina is demonstrating at every opportunity. PM me with your details and I'll see what I can setup. I'll be there Thursday night until Sunday morning.

Essex502
10-02-2004, 05:39 PM
Back to the top.

Essex502
10-04-2004, 06:17 AM
After this past weekend any body else?

OGShocker
10-04-2004, 06:26 AM
I didn't even bother to try. If we ever try to launch there, I will have someone shooting video at the same time.