PDA

View Full Version : Warning; Do Not Take Nipton Road

dirty old man
09-30-2004, 01:21 PM
If you're going to or from Cottonwood/Mohave, NDOT has graveled the entire road from the CA border just above Nipton all the way to Searchlite. This will absolutely take the paint off your trailer and fenders, nick the heck out of the bottom of your boat, and any passing vehicles can also take out your windshield. Don't know the best alternative or for how long.

Uplink
09-30-2004, 01:37 PM
If you're going to or from Cottonwood/Mohave, NDOT has graveled the entire road from the CA border just above Nipton all the way to Searchlite. This will absolutely take the paint off your trailer and fenders, nick the heck out of the bottom of your boat, and any passing vehicles can also take out your windshield. Don't know the best alternative or for how long.
thanks for the heads up, :) I was on it last week, looks like their fixing the potholes.
Mark

burtandnancy
09-30-2004, 02:19 PM
Wish I had known last week-end. Came out of Boulder City on the newly opened highway to Searchlite, but as soon as I got a mile up the Nipton Road I saw signs of Graveling. Thought there would be so little traffic it would be no problem. WRONG Although I pulled over when traffic came by, I still got a few dings. Did see a few boats hauling ass towards Cottonwood (or Laughlin) and I'm sure they will need new trailer paint by now. Hope its cleared up by mid October. Hate turning around at Nipton and going back the LV direction. Maybe someone will post conditions before then...

boatslayer
09-30-2004, 02:24 PM
thats a bummer

Desert Rat
09-30-2004, 02:28 PM
From SoCal take the 40 to the 95 North. It may take a little longer but it may be worth it damage wise. From the LV area I haven't a clue

dirty old man
10-01-2004, 09:43 AM
boatslayer, have you heard how the HTM lawsuit is going?

Big Warlock
10-01-2004, 09:49 AM
Go over the dam. Exit at Willow Beach. Put boat in water. Approximately 60 miles to KL.
Hope that helps? :D :hammer2:

dirty old man
10-01-2004, 10:12 AM
Big War, thats the best idea yet - its a great way to get to Cottonwood too