PDA

View Full Version : Giants-dodgers

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-30-2004, 09:56 PM
So what happens if the Giants were to sweep? Would there be a 1 game playoff for the div title? Just curious....

Kilrtoy
09-30-2004, 09:58 PM
YES
I have a playoff ticket included in my season tickets actually it is called a tie breaker ticket. DODGERS wont lose 4 straight and you can take that to the bank

HCS
09-30-2004, 10:02 PM
I'm picking Giants. :hammer2:

Kilrtoy
09-30-2004, 11:04 PM
When :skull: ever HC is gambling bet the opposite and you will win...

JetBoatRich
10-01-2004, 02:52 AM
I'm picking Giants. :hammer2:
how about a wager :D Dodgers will close it out tonight and you need to worry about the Wild Card :( Houston is sneaking it from them :rolleyes:

HOOTER SLED-
10-01-2004, 08:40 AM
I'll be in a Suite for the game tonight. Ahhhhh. Nothing like free beer and food. :shift:

SHOCKWAVETOM
10-01-2004, 09:31 AM
I'll be in a Suite for the game tonight. Ahhhhh. Nothing like free beer and food. :shift:
:(....wish I was going

HCS
10-01-2004, 09:33 AM
how about a wager :D Dodgers will close it out tonight and you need to worry about the Wild Card :( Houston is sneaking it from them :rolleyes:
I'll wager aaaaaa Cold beer. :D

Party Cat
10-01-2004, 09:38 AM
I'll be there Sunday in the Stadium Club for Lunch..and then looking down the 1st base line for the game...... :)

HOOTER SLED-
10-01-2004, 09:57 AM
Wish I could get ya in man. It's a work thing, Michelle isn't even going. I'm actually gonna be responsible for keeping everything under control. Imagine that Tom. :D I think I'll be more like the ring leader. :D :devil:

SHOCKWAVETOM
10-01-2004, 10:04 AM
Wish I could get ya in man. It's a work thing, Michelle isn't even going. I'm actually gonna be responsible for keeping everything under control. Imagine that Tom. :D I think I'll be more like the ring leader. :D :devil:
That should be interesting Jason...lol Especially with the free booze

Ion
10-01-2004, 03:39 PM
Be thankful you LA & SF fans still have something to play for. My f'n Cubbies just rolled over and lost 6 of their last 8, including today! With all the talent & pitching they had, they should have run away with the wild card!!! Everyone is pointing the finger at Baker. Not mathematically eliminated, but for all intents and purposes, it's yet another "wait until next year" scenario! Whoever gets to play St. Louis...kick their asses!

DryHeatOnly
10-01-2004, 03:51 PM
Be thankful you LA & SF fans still have something to play for. My f'n Cubbies just rolled over and lost 6 of their last 8, including today! With all the talent & pitching they had, they should have run away with the wild card!!! Everyone is pointing the finger at Baker. Not mathematically eliminated, but for all intents and purposes, it's yet another "wait until next year" scenario! Whoever gets to play St. Louis...kick their asses!
Go easy on my boy Dusty. He's the reason you were in contention the last 2 years ;)

DryHeatOnly
10-01-2004, 04:02 PM
So what happens if the Giants were to sweep? Would there be a 1 game playoff for the div title? Just curious....
C'mon Tom...you're reachin' :D

DryHeatOnly
10-01-2004, 04:05 PM
Dusty is a good manager for all but the last month of the season and palyoffs.
What manager lets his pitcher watch that play in the stands during the play offs (yes, THE infamous foul ball) and doesn't go out there and give a pep talk. Even if its just a little time to let the emotion settle down.
Instead ol Dusty left his pitcher out there to take a hard loss and the rest is history.
Forensic
Yeah, he's made some mistakes. He hasn't won a Series yet either. Oh well.

SHOCKWAVETOM
10-01-2004, 04:57 PM
C'mon Tom...you're reachin' :D
I would love to see the LA/SF playoff for a WS berth with the Angels playing the Yankees...

Ion
10-01-2004, 05:17 PM
Go easy on my boy Dusty. He's the reason you were in contention the last 2 years ;)
I agree with Forensic. He just didn't have that little extra something to put it into high gear at the end of the season. You gotta admit, on paper, the Cubs have the best lineup in the NL, especially pitching, but lacked the glue to stick it all together. Re: Baker...he's definitely a step up from Don Baylor, but he just lacked a certain something, an intangeble, to motivate his team when it really counted. Phil Jackson had that "something special" that brought a 3-peat to the Lakers. Call it a catalyst, call it what you will, Dusty lacks it.

jdogginla
10-01-2004, 05:20 PM
YES
I have a playoff ticket included in my season tickets actually it is called a tie breaker ticket. DODGERS wont lose 4 straight and you can take that to the bank
Ahhhh do I need to take you back to I believe 1998, when MYPADRES came into Dodger land and took the last 4 games of the year to win the NL West! You guys have a history of choking in the end! Good Luck though.....

SHOCKWAVETOM
10-01-2004, 07:57 PM
Ahhhh do I need to take you back to I believe 1998, when MYPADRES came into Dodger land and took the last 4 games of the year to win the NL West! You guys have a history of choking in the end! Good Luck though.....
Way to bring em back from delerious behavior....lol
Angels 8 A's 0
Giants 3 Dodgers 2
If the Giants can win this tomorrow is the most important. The 3rd game we have Scmidt pitching....that will be BIG trouble for the Dodgers. They better win tonight or the Giants are going to punk em.....

Kilrtoy
10-01-2004, 08:39 PM
RELAX
its all in the cards(CARDINALS).
The dodgers will do it against the big pitcher on SUNDAY
MARK MY WORDS,
Im not gonna wear Giants pasties this year.......

SHOCKWAVETOM
10-01-2004, 08:43 PM
Well....1 down :)

HCS
10-01-2004, 09:03 PM
You guys all owe me a beer. You Dodger fans anyway. :D
And if all the Giant fans want to have a beer! Cheers!

NorCalCat
10-01-2004, 09:25 PM
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/sfo/
Thats right HUM BABY!