PDA

View Full Version : I won my case VS London Bridge.

KACHINA KEN
10-01-2004, 11:47 AM
i won my mediation yesterday vs London Bridge regarding the towing of my boat during RRX 3.0 a few months back. Even though it was only 250 bucks and I spent over double to recover that there was a business principle that was overlooked and worth scrapping about so I did.
The basis of my arguement was that as a paid attendee of a sanctioned London Bridge event I as a customer had a reasonable expectation of a parking space be it on asphalt or in this case water, please bear in mind that the docks are public by day and reserved for guests by night with no overnight mooring for non-guests, fair enough. In effect I was a guest at a function, a paid function and not to mention I also frequent the other bars and restaurants in the hotel. I had also asked one of the security guys if it was OK since i was with the RRX group and he said yeah but not overnight. No prob, wasn't planning on it.
The snag came from a weasel named Chris Hansen that owns a D grade jet ski rental outfit called "Adventure Center" he also doubles up as towing outfit though not for London Bridge anymore and I like to think partly because of this incident, there is still a question of whether or not London Bridge actually called for the tow or if Hansen just helped himself to the boats without asking. To compound matters worse their "tow vehicle" is a jet ski, thats right a 450 lb lake lice is expected to maintain control of my 7500lb boat! Guess thats why I had a nice quarter sized chip in the gel on the starbord rear from it, I wasn't able to prove it was them that did it so I wasn't able to collect on it but i have other ways of achieving satisfaction :devil: .
BUT THERE IS GOOD NEWS OUT OF THIS FOR YOU!
As a condition of settlement with Cal the GM for London Bridge I made him promise to get together with Todd and Uncle Larry from Jokers Wild and implement an additional banding system to identify boats that will be parking at the docks during Jokers Wild dinners and award ceremonies at their convention hall. Not everyone will park there of course, some just beach and leave their boat unattended, I prefer not too. So now with this additional banding you will be allowed to park up while you are in the hall and vacate immediately following.
So yeah, Cal the London Bridge GM was great, London Bridge is great and Todd and Uncle larry and Jokers Wild are cool as always. Boycott the bottom feeding pricks at "Adventure Center" though.
I spent $600 to get $250 but I felt like some good came out of it, thats enough for me. Whats next, I'm feeling feisty.

dirty old man
10-01-2004, 11:51 AM
good going - now you can buy that Cig project boat

RiverOtter
10-01-2004, 11:55 AM
Fight the power!! :lightsabe

SHOCKWAVETOM
10-01-2004, 11:56 AM
Good job...I understand the pricipal issue of it and agree with you. Sometimes you just have to see it thru.

Some Kind Of Monster
10-01-2004, 11:58 AM
Awesome. Always good to see people fighting for what they believe in.

OGShocker
10-01-2004, 12:04 PM
Good job Ken!!!
BTW, I tried! You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later. :messedup:
I will.. :mix:

MsDrmr
10-01-2004, 12:07 PM
Way toooo go :hammerhea beat it their heads that enough is enough

Second "PLACE"
10-01-2004, 12:08 PM
Outstanding K.K. !!! I LOVE to hear that people will not "LAY DOWN" when they are stepped on. I'm Adding "Adventures" to the list of places to Boycott.
Fight the good fight my brother. Fight the "Al-Qaida" of the boating world. :devil:

Steamin' Rice
10-01-2004, 12:09 PM
Way to stick it to the man.. :D

KACHINA KEN
10-01-2004, 12:09 PM
Good job...I understand the pricipal issue of it and agree with you. Sometimes you just have to see it thru.
This took 4 round trips to Havasu via PHX, it was a major pain in the ass.
One thing that I forgot to mention was how disgusted I was with the attitude I got from the lead officer in charge of the 5 officers they sent out when I flipped out because they had towed my boat that we NOW know was towed wrongfully. The guy Ben from Adventure Center tried to lie to the officer and say i assaulted him, yelling isn't assault sorry. but the lead officer was completely one sided in his defense of this jerk off and it just plain smelled like good ol boy network to me.

Stealth Marine
10-01-2004, 02:04 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!
Always nice to see the underdog win out over the establishment!~

HCS
10-01-2004, 02:11 PM
Good deal. Great to here you stood up. So many people would have just let it go.

That Guy
10-01-2004, 04:41 PM
Congrats Ken...where do you launch? Maybe you can join in and help us get the mess at the marina straightened out...? :crossx:

KACHINA KEN
10-01-2004, 05:11 PM
Congrats Ken...where do you launch? Maybe you can join in and help us get the mess at the marina straightened out...? :crossx:
I have already committed to $$$ for that endeavour, someone just needs to get our lawyer suited up and on it, who is he/she going to be?

MagicMtnDan
10-01-2004, 05:20 PM
Great job Ken. It was a win for you and for everyone who participates in those events.
We can't afford to EVER let the man get us down.

Parker Dreamin2
10-01-2004, 08:11 PM
Sorry for the late reply. Great work standing up for yourself and all of us. The little guy doesn't always have to lose.....

KACHINA KEN
10-02-2004, 10:06 AM
Sorry for the late reply. Great work standing up for yourself and all of us. The little guy doesn't always have to lose..... I'm 6'3" 235 lbs, I never lose :wink:

Misogynist
10-02-2004, 10:21 AM
Good deal.... now you have set a precedent... they will be more cautious the next time they tow away someone's boat.... If everyone knows about this.. if it happens again... sue for punitive damages... show those a-holes.

KACHINA KEN
10-02-2004, 10:24 AM
Good deal.... now you have set a precedent... they will be more cautious the next time they tow away someone's boat.... If everyone knows about this.. if it happens again... sue for punitive damages... show those a-holes.
They won't now, we have an "understanding". It's time to get serious about the marina now.