PDA

View Full Version : Laser Boats seem like a great value for a 25'

bigq
10-02-2004, 07:46 AM
went by on Friday to take another look at Laser boats. My wife really like the 25 Fury, but I have reservations about buying another step bottom hull since my last adventure with the step bottom. Anyway I was told it is a very stable bottom from the sales guy, more honest then the last guy seemed to be when i was looking at the 22 about 4 years ago. The style of the 25' is growing on me and for the price seems to be a great value. The rigging seemed top notch, great detail and standard options.
Has anyone run these hulls hard?

Stealth Marine
10-02-2004, 09:24 AM
went by on Friday to take another look at Laser boats. My wife really like the 25 Fury, but I have reservations about buying another step bottom hull since my last adventure with the step bottom. Anyway I was told it is a very stable bottom from the sales guy, more honest then the last guy seemed to be when i was looking at the 22 about 4 years ago. The style of the 25' is growing on me and for the price seems to be a great value. The rigging seemed top notch, great detail and standard options.
If you have a moment, hop over to my www site and click on the video link.
You will see our version of that hull in the water at speed on a choppy day here in Lake Havasu.
Should give you a pretty honest idea of how it behaves in the real world.

Essex502
10-02-2004, 05:40 PM
Talk to MoneyPit on LasVegas***boats.com (different person than Moneypit on here) as he has a Laser Fury and I think he likes it alot.

dicudmore
10-03-2004, 12:09 PM
If you like the styling on that hull I'd say to give Stealth a shot....
I'm pretty sure they're thousands ahead of laser.
I have ridden in Laser's version of the boat. Its FAST :D

Havasu_Dreamin
10-03-2004, 12:11 PM
Same hull but Laser re-tooled the deck this past winter.

prop check
10-03-2004, 12:47 PM
I have the same 25 bottom built by Genesis I am very happy with the boat my wife and I love it. I run the eddie marine sport tabs on it and they do help they are not necessary but I think they help. I have the 6.2 and with everything in the boat four adults and three little ones it did 58.9 on GPS the speedo read just under sixty. If you want to test this boat have them take you out test it. I have taken it to Havasu and through main basin on Mohave in windy chop. It did GREAT!!!!!! This is my fifth boat and has been the best riding so far. if you have any questions p.m. me and I will give you any info I can.Good Luck :rollside:

bigq
10-03-2004, 01:16 PM
Same hull but Laser re-tooled the deck this past winter.
This is a major difference to me, I really like the all fiberglass and no plexiglass.

Speedin' Ian
10-03-2004, 03:59 PM
Just got back from the lake with a buddy who just bought one and I must say the boat looks much better with the updated deck. Overall the boat seemed really nice, nothing amazing, but it didn't disappoint either. I didn't ride in it because I was in my boat, plus this is his big boat and he was just taking it easy so I am not sure how fast it is. One major disappoint though is he bought the boat at the boat show and it had the 525, he couldn't afford that so he had them install the 496HO but they were supposed to leave the XR drive. Well low and behold when he got home with the boat I informed him that they had given him a Bravo X :(

bigq
10-03-2004, 06:57 PM
Just got back from the lake with a buddy who just bought one and I must say the boat looks much better with the updated deck. Overall the boat seemed really nice, nothing amazing, but it didn't disappoint either. I didn't ride in it because I was in my boat, plus this is his big boat and he was just taking it easy so I am not sure how fast it is. One major disappoint though is he bought the boat at the boat show and it had the 525, he couldn't afford that so he had them install the 496HO but they were supposed to leave the XR drive. Well low and behold when he got home with the boat I informed him that they had given him a Bravo X :(
bummer hopefully he got that in writing.
I don't blame him on the 525, they are pretty but in opinion a little overpriced. That was one thig that Laser did not want any part of was an engine change from the standard merc. I asked about hitchen up the Vortech 8.1 from GM and the only thing they will do is deliver with the 3o5 and I can put it in :eek: they sure look like fit and finish are well done. I was thinking maybe use the 6.2 and stick the Whipple on it. I think that would be a great set up for mid 70's. :D

Stealth Marine
10-04-2004, 08:06 AM
bummer hopefully he got that in writing.
I don't blame him on the 525, they are pretty but in opinion a little overpriced. That was one thig that Laser did not want any part of was an engine change from the standard merc. I asked about hitchen up the Vortech 8.1 from GM and the only thing they will do is deliver with the 3o5 and I can put it in :eek: they sure look like fit and finish are well done. I was thinking maybe use the 6.2 and stick the Whipple on it. I think that would be a great set up for mid 70's. :D
The weight to power ratio with the 6.2 and a Whipple is a serious winner on that hull in my oppinion. The only problem is that you either have to wait 12 months to do the Whipple or you forgo your warrenty on the new 6.2