PDA

View Full Version : Winter At The River...

WILDERTHANU
10-03-2004, 11:59 AM
WHO ELSE IS WITH ME.....I HAVE JUST AS MUCH FUN OUT AT OUR RIVER HOUSE IN THE WINTER MAYBE EVEN MORE...THAN IN THE SUMMER. I'VE SPENT EVERY THANKSGIVING AND MOST MY WINTERS OUT THERE. FROM THE ALL DAY DESERT TRIPS & BBQ'S...DESERT BAR.....HAULING ASS THROUGH THE DESERT ON OUR BIKES....LATE NIGHT FIRES...X-MAS PARADE....SMOOTH FLATBOTTOM WATER ALL DAY...COLD ASS NIGHTS..AND NO CROWDS AND ****IN DUMMIES AROUND!!!
THE RIVER LOOKS LIKE THIS ALL SAY LONG..YOU CANT BEAT IT WITH A STICK!!
http://www.fototime.com/ftweb/bin/ft.dll/standard?pictid={BE10F414-CDF5-4ECB-B9AA-0DE1D44BC03B}

78Eliminator
10-03-2004, 12:07 PM
I totally agree with you. It's too bad the river has got all "MTV" on us. It's kind of nice when you are out there and all alone....

LVJAKAZ
10-03-2004, 12:07 PM
Shhhhh.... dont let everyone know our little secret, But you are right this time of the year is awesome!!!

surfer2001
10-03-2004, 12:12 PM
I don’t understand winterizing, boats don’t like to sit. The flat water spoils ya.http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1498me-med.JPG

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
10-03-2004, 12:17 PM
I don’t understand winterizing, boats don’t like to sit. The flat water spoils ya.http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1498me-med.JPG
you got that right

H20Advantage
10-03-2004, 12:22 PM
When we first bought in Havasu we thought we would do the winter rental thing but found we go almost as much during the winter. Also a good time to take care of house projects out there.

mike37
10-03-2004, 12:23 PM
WHO ELSE IS WITH ME.....I HAVE JUST AS MUCH FUN OUT AT OUR RIVER HOUSE IN THE WINTER MAYBE EVEN MORE...THAN IN THE SUMMER. I'VE SPENT EVERY THANKSGIVING AND MOST MY WINTERS OUT THERE. FROM THE ALL DAY DESERT TRIPS & BBQ'S...DESERT BAR.....HAULING ASS THROUGH THE DESERT ON OUR BIKES....LATE NIGHT FIRES...X-MAS PARADE....SMOOTH FLATBOTTOM WATER ALL DAY...COLD ASS NIGHTS..AND NO CROWDS AND ****IN DUMMIES AROUND!!!
http://www.fototime.com/ftweb/bin/ft.dll/standard?pictid={BE10F414-CDF5-4ECB-B9AA-0DE1D44BC03B}
is that an invite to hang at your river house ?????????? this winter

boatslayer
10-03-2004, 01:02 PM
is that an HTM in the background

WILDERTHANU
10-03-2004, 01:15 PM
It's too bad the river has got all "MTV" on us.
LMAO!!!

Coach
10-03-2004, 02:03 PM
I make 5+ trips during the winter. It has become the new place to do New Years for the last few years. I have a portable satalite dish to watch football on new years and can party the night before with out worrying about driving.
I have actually thought about installing a heater on my boat, because we make so many long trips on the boat during the winter. Right now we all bundle up while we are in the boat to stay warm while driving. The best part is when we stop we can all un bundle and still enjoy a great day without any other boats. Winter is great, a real change from the summer crowds. I love sitting out with a campfire going each night.

PlyaPlya22
10-03-2004, 02:13 PM
http://www.fototime.com/ftweb/bin/ft.dll/standard?pictid={BE10F414-CDF5-4ECB-B9AA-0DE1D44BC03B}I hope your docking up with the Queen Mary. Damn that water looks low!

phebus
10-03-2004, 03:35 PM
I have actually thought about installing a heater on my boat, because we make so many long trips on the boat during the winter. Right now we all bundle up while we are in the boat to stay warm while driving. The best part is when we stop we can all un bundle and still enjoy a great day without any other boats. Winter is great, a real change from the summer crowds. I love sitting out with a campfire going each night.
They make portable heaters for golf carts, that work great in the boat. If you have a person (wife) that is always either hot or cold, it definately fits the bill, and keeps you boating.

Coach
10-03-2004, 04:41 PM
sweet, I will have to look into one.

Steph
10-03-2004, 04:56 PM
Havasu during in December.
http://i1.bluelight.nu/g/506/37668100_0023-med.JPG

LHC30Victory
10-03-2004, 06:46 PM
LHC in the winter is COOL :shift:
Really,we love it out there. Even when the temp is down, if the sun is out we take the boat to a cove and read for hours. Then we do indoor activities :hammerhea
See ya all out there.

LUVNLIFE
10-03-2004, 06:54 PM
Nothing wrong with winter at the river. It's all good. :D

cheezpanel
10-03-2004, 06:57 PM
Man I love the winter...cool weather, no people. We can run the boat for a while in the mornings and ride the rest of the day. We go just as much during the winter as the summer.

riverbound
10-03-2004, 07:51 PM
The river in the winter time sucks !!!!!!!!! You all should stay away. What is so good about having the river all to your self being able to ski all day on perfect water. And the sunsets during the winter are the best, Who wants to see that? :wink:What is so great about being able to ride in the desert and ride in your boat all in the same day?

phebus
10-03-2004, 08:12 PM
The river in the winter time sucks !!!!!!!!! You all should stay away. What is so good about having the river all to your self being able to ski all day on perfect water. And the sunsets during the winter are the best, Who wants to see that? :wink:What is so great about being able to ride in the desert and ride in your boat all in the same day?
O.K. you just talked me out of going ;) Your right, everyone should stay home. :D

Sweet Addiction
10-03-2004, 08:17 PM
Going to the lake in the winter is good times. Take the boat and do a little runnin around, and then do some house chores and trim some trees and clean the lawn.

RiverDave
10-04-2004, 11:09 AM
October is my favorite month of the year to goto Parker. Everything dies down after labor day, but there's still enough of the diehards to make conversation at hte bar interesting.. :)
The desert bar.. LOL :D Yeah, I'm sure I'll see ya out there once or twice this summer. ;) :D
RD

mbrown2
10-04-2004, 12:25 PM
We try to go every weekend in October, and if the water is still warm enough continue on into November....then it becomes once or twice a month trips...Thnxgiving is done at the river and we try and get up around Xmas...I luv it year around...a little jeeping and offroading and maybe some wakeboarding with wetsuits this offseason....right now it feels like Spring out there...
This is New Years mid morning a couple of years back..
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/17Docks-med.JPG

MsDrmr
10-04-2004, 12:38 PM
my favoriate time of the year is winter, I love the storms, rain, snow, cold nights, warm fires, thick blankets, galss of wine....

Ducatista
10-04-2004, 12:56 PM
LHC in the winter is COOL :shift:
Really,we love it out there. Even when the temp is down, if the sun is out we take the boat to a cove and read for hours. Then we do indoor activities :hammerhea
See ya all out there.
Exactly! Same here, love the lake in the off season.

OGShocker
10-04-2004, 01:01 PM
I don’t understand winterizing, boats don’t like to sit. The flat water spoils ya.
Hey YOU! Yeah, you on the EAST COAST! What is winterizing and how does Surfer know about it? :D

surfer2001
10-04-2004, 01:21 PM
The Only Issue Is The Water Level. It's Already Low, But In The Winter, You Can Almost Walk Across The River Without Getting Your Feet Wet. The Word "sandbar" Takes On A New Meaning. Instead Of Meeting & Drinking Place, Deadly Obstacle Is More Like It.

jackpunx
10-04-2004, 01:40 PM
October is my favorite month of the year to goto Parker. Everything dies down after labor day, but there's still enough of the diehards to make conversation at hte bar interesting.. :)
The desert bar.. LOL :D Yeah, I'm sure I'll see ya out there once or twice this summer. ;) :D
RD
this summer?.. HHHMMM why would you tell someone about a bar that dosnt exist to go when it wouldnt be open?/..
OH yea.. it really happening at night too.. :D

DECKKAT
10-04-2004, 08:59 PM
Winter can be nice.....We have The Parade of Lights to look forward to.

DECKKAT
10-04-2004, 09:00 PM
Before the "Parade of Lights" last year...........
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1895deckkat_light12-03-med.JPG

RVR Family
10-04-2004, 09:33 PM
Winter is fun for us as much as summer...a little golf, horseshoes, volleyball, ridin' the quads, fishing on the deck boat...have a spot year round at a great place! Temps pretty mild as well.... :rollside:

RiverPirate
10-04-2004, 10:07 PM
October is my favorite month at Havsu. The winter's are great, lots to do. We found out by accident, what a break that was. Don't tell anyone. Oh ya, the only people you see out there are US. No rentals, no idiots, no MTV crowds, etc, etc etc. :)

Some Kind Of Monster
10-04-2004, 10:19 PM
We went to Havi many years ago for the parade of lights. We had to launch, and swim the boat out several hundred feet before we could trim the motor down.

havalen
10-04-2004, 11:17 PM
Winter is great and you also get to bounce off the blue hairs

Krazy K
10-05-2004, 11:00 AM
I don't know why but it seems like when the weather drops below 70 here, all the boats go into hiding. I can drive along Marine Dr. along the Columbia, sun is out mid week and there is NO ONE on the water. Just a little wind ripple. If my boat was running, I'd be out on the water as much as possible until the temp got below about 60, because then it is really cold on the water.

sizzlingcell
10-05-2004, 11:56 AM
Laughlin is beautiful at Thanksgiving! Many good times on Lake Mojave as well