PDA

View Full Version : I need all of your opinions.

BarryMac
10-04-2004, 06:07 AM
http://www.nissanusa.com/m/cma/i/4ar/4arm_gal_med03.jpg
The wifey is wanting a new SUV, she really likes the new Nissan Pathfinder Armada, we drove a couple of them on Saturday, things are great on HP and Torque and huge on the inside, what do ya think, is it ugly? What are your opinions???
gjb

OGShocker
10-04-2004, 06:11 AM
I am a BowTie guy. Chevy is the only car allowed in our driveway.
Good luck!

superdave013
10-04-2004, 06:12 AM
who cares what we think. When the wife's happy then you're happy.
A friend has a Titan and it's pretty cool.
PM MikeF and ask what he thinks. He wrenches on 'em for a living. Could tell you the real scoop is on what they come back for (if anything).

LHC30Victory
10-04-2004, 06:12 AM
IMHO = all of the little SUV's are less than attractive :jawdrop:
My idea is a Suburban w big power. But then again being 6'4 the little ones hurt after awhile.

BarryMac
10-04-2004, 06:35 AM
I am a GM guy myself, I had a Chevy Tahoe at one point and actually hated it, noisy, lots of little things going wrong, paid alot of money to have it in and out of the shop every other week. The Armada has 305 HP compared to the Tahoe's 295, Armada torque is 395 and the Tahoe is 335, towing capacity Armada 9100lbs and the Tahoe is 6100lbs. Personally the Tahoe is a better looking, the Armada is kinda ugly. I don't know, I hate buying cars...
the rev. gjb

RiverOtter
10-04-2004, 06:45 AM
One of my ee's bought one. Loves it!! I took the wife to drive one after the Burb was stolen and she didn't like it. Mostly cause the Burb has much more room. I loved the way it drive and really like the power. It also gets lost better MPG than the Burb.

uvindex
10-04-2004, 06:47 AM
IMHO = all of the little SUV's are less than attractive :jawdrop:
My idea is a Suburban w big power. But then again being 6'4 the little ones hurt after awhile.The Armada is actually bigger than a Tahoe :boxed: (6" longer, 7" longer wheelbase). I am a Chevy guy too (I let the wife drive the '04 Suburban and I drive the '04 Silverado).
I personally think the Armada is kind of ugly, but it does have great specs and Nissan quality. Good luck!

RiverOtter
10-04-2004, 06:56 AM
By the way, I think it looks cool.

BarryMac
10-04-2004, 07:20 AM
My nun wont drive a burb, too big. I concur with the Armada looks, it's ugly but it sure did ride nice, it would be much more comfortable for my kids than ride in in the wifes Camry...
the rev. gjb

572Daytona
10-04-2004, 07:21 AM
My wife has a 99 Pathfinder and it has been troublefree. If we were in the market for a Tahoe size vehicle I would definitely consider the Armada. I just wish they would make one similar to the Suburban in size to give Chevy some competition.

Kachina26
10-04-2004, 07:21 AM
Big time UGLY!!! But, beauty is in the eye of the payment book holder. If ya'll like it then get it! :D
Number 3

prosthogod
10-04-2004, 07:27 AM
Excursion, Diesel, Bully Dog power kit, 6" lift, Limo tint. That's what my opinion would be. :cool:

MsDrmr
10-04-2004, 07:32 AM
I luv suv's I wanted one myself but the mr couldn't fit in one (6'8") but I ended up with the next best thing (Ford F150 four door). Love driving that baby around.
Whats the matter with you GJB let her get her new toy? imagine what you might get :D :D :D

BarryMac
10-04-2004, 07:34 AM
Excursion, Diesel, Bully Dog power kit, 6" lift, Limo tint. That's what my opinion would be. :cool:
50k, um, as nice as I am there is no way I'm spending that kinda cash on a Ford... :D j/k
the rev. gjb

BarryMac
10-04-2004, 07:37 AM
I luv suv's I wanted one myself but the mr couldn't fit in one (6'8") but I ended up with the next best thing (Ford F150 four door). Love driving that baby around.
Whats the matter with you GJB let her get her new toy? imagine what you might get :D :D :D
I've been thinking whether or not that would get me a little somethin, somethin, but I doubt it... :cry: :(
the rev. gjb

HCS
10-04-2004, 07:44 AM
I work for Nissan. The Armada is a good choice for a SUV. Especially for the wifey. :)
> One of the highest standard horsepower/torque rating in it's class.
> Among the first full-size SUVs with a 5-speed automatic transmission
> The longest wheelbase among regular-wheelbase SUVs
> One of the highest towing capacities in it's class 9100 pounds
> Largest standard wheels in it's class (18 inch)
> Best 2nd-row leg room among all full-size SUVs
> Fold-flat front-passenger seatback, 2nd-row, and 3rd-row seats
Three trim levels:
> SE (volume leader)
> SE Off-Road (adds rugged off-road features)
> LE (premium-equipped with standard towing features)

MsDrmr
10-04-2004, 07:45 AM
Oh hun I am so sorry, maybe in your next life, you will be rewarded. If not I will reward you in this one :rollside:

BarryMac
10-04-2004, 07:49 AM
I work for Nissan. The Armada is a good choice for a SUV. Especially for the wifey. :)
> One of the highest standard horsepower/torque rating in it's class.
> Among the first full-size SUVs with a 5-speed automatic transmission
> The longest wheelbase among regular-wheelbase SUVs
> One of the highest towing capacities in it's class 9100 pounds
> Largest standard wheels in it's class (18 inch)
> Best 2nd-row leg room among all full-size SUVs
> Fold-flat front-passenger seatback, 2nd-row, and 3rd-row seats
Three trim levels:
> SE (volume leader)
> SE Off-Road (adds rugged off-road features)
> LE (premium-equipped with standard towing features)
Thanks, the SE Off Road is what we are looking at, I am a little concerned due to it being the first model year, you know the bugs and all, should I wait until the next year comes out? What do you do for Nissan?
the rev. gjb

BarryMac
10-04-2004, 07:50 AM
Oh hun I am so sorry, maybe in your next life, you will be rewarded. If not I will reward you in this one :rollside:
I will wait patiently my child...
the rev. gjb

HCS
10-04-2004, 08:04 AM
Thanks, the SE Off Road is what we are looking at, I am a little concerned due to it being the first model year, you know the bugs and all, should I wait until the next year comes out? What do you do for Nissan?
the rev. gjb
I work the parts shop counter. So far they seemed to be pretty solid.
They had a problem with front brake shimmy. Nissan has address the problem
with updated brake pads and hardware. Problem fixed.
The overhead console screws tear out leaving the console hanging loose.
Nissan is addressing that problem and coming out with a fix.
But that's about it. I haven't seen any other major problems.
Personally I wouldn't be shy about buying one. Nissans have a great warranty,
they cover any problem that occurs. Nissan also has a good reputation for
fixing proplems that re-occur.

MsDrmr
10-04-2004, 08:21 AM
I will wait patiently my child...
the rev. gjb
Your too kind :)

HCS
10-04-2004, 08:25 AM
Besides you have your parts connection right here. ;)
I can send you a catalog on the vehicle that only I can get.
It cover everything about the vehicle.
PM me you address I'll mail it to ya. :smile: