PDA

View Full Version : RICE RD. SAT. - GOTTA TICKET 92 mph

carbonmarine
10-04-2004, 07:51 AM
FUGG!
Going home from Havasu on Sat morning ... NOBODY on the road 15 miles outside of Vidal Jct .... I come around a bend and there's the Bear !
...He's coming the opposite direction gets me at 92mph ! Writes me a ticket for that speed, says have a nice day!! ...I get going and he pulls me over again 5 miles down the road... Tells me he wrote the ticket for 96mph , it shoudl be 92..I say at that speed noted I cant get into traffic school .... He changes it for 75 mph in a 65mph - so traffic school is in my future. I hope I get to sit next to a Hot Chickie...
Hate tickets !
Rick32

MRS FLYIN VEE
10-04-2004, 07:53 AM
wow.. bad thing is you got a ticket,, but good thing is Traffic school for the nice bear. lowering the numbers. ;)

Dave C
10-04-2004, 08:01 AM
it was probably all the W stickers on your bumper that did it. ;)

JetBoatRich
10-04-2004, 08:04 AM
Pretty cool he chased you down for his mistake, then lowered it even more in your favor :cool:

roostwear
10-04-2004, 08:09 AM
Were you towing at 90? :eek:

OGShocker
10-04-2004, 08:14 AM
I doubt it. He leaves his boat in LHC.
Fockin' Republicans.... :p SLOW DOWN!!
Rick,
Sorry we missed you in LHC. Next time for sure!
OGS

6 Dollar Boat
10-04-2004, 08:14 AM
Try this HomeTrafficSchool.com (http://www.hometrafficschool.com/). The first time I did it it only took 1 1/2 hrs. The 2nd time it only took me 45 mins. Some counties require you take a test at an approved site to make sure you are the person who did the course, that took 20 mins. The nice thing about it is you can do a little at a time if you like.

Mtg Pro
10-04-2004, 08:20 AM
I've had two friends get tickets between Vidal Junction and Parker in the past two weeks. Both going over 80 and both early in the morning.

6 Dollar Boat
10-04-2004, 08:20 AM
Just curious, was it officer Hamilton? He gave my GF a ticket for doing 86, I remembered to ask for downtown Riverside for the court. I am hoping he wont drive from Joshua Tree to Riverside to appear in court.
Her ticket is $185, not too bad for doing 86.

Garrddogg
10-04-2004, 08:23 AM
OUCH :frown: , pretty kool of the cop though..
$500.00 will get you a valentine one..ask frenchie he'll tell ya :D

RiverOtter
10-04-2004, 08:53 AM
Ahem :o I've done that. It truely was an accident :cool:

FRENCHIE
10-04-2004, 08:54 AM
dont remind me!!!! :jawdrop: :hammer2: :D

RiverOtter
10-04-2004, 08:58 AM
Best dam radar det I've ever used. Mine was only $400 thought :cool:

copperrat20
10-04-2004, 09:00 AM
CM, I feel for you. I got pulled over back in april there. Just as you come accross the bridge riht before you turn left on 95 he said he clocked me at 53 in a 35. I pulled over in the ampm there and he called for backup. Three cop cars total and I thought I was done for. Then after 10 minutes or so he tells me he is writing me under tribal court law. Coolest law ever as far as I am concerned. $145 later I am home free. Next morning my girlfriend pulls up and they nailed her on rice about 1 mile behind me for 88. I feel for you. :D

Slib77
10-04-2004, 09:39 AM
Sorry to hear that carbon.
Radar detectors definetly help.
We install the K40 radar system. They'll pay your ticket if you ever get one.Pricey but worth it. Check it out here. www.k40.com

BajaMike
10-04-2004, 10:04 AM
I've been using a radar dectector...it's saved me a couple times on Rice Road.
It starts going off way before you ever see the CHP car.
:rollside:

Kilrtoy
10-04-2004, 12:50 PM
Damn cops
HE LIED and no one seems to care, that he was dishonest.
You got a ticket going 92mph and he lied to help you out. :D

gigamurph
10-04-2004, 01:16 PM
15 miles outta VJ means you were still in San Bernardino County. Most likely was Officer Callahan out of the Needles station and you'll most likely have to "pony up" in the Needles District court. I took my online cert in the Monday after CBBB at The AVI. You can do the same. It's a good excuse to get a late "River Run" in. If you go to traffic school online, you will have to go to a test site to finish your obligation. It's no big deal. I got shot doin' 80 (yes, I was towin') and went to the San Bernardino online school (cost me $26.95 + cert. fees). Could have finished it in one night, but I stretched it out over three. I had like 3 months to complete it. Very simple and actually learned a few things (like ya shouldn't tow at 80 MPH). One thing that I learned that surprised me was that you can attend traffic school as long as you are ticketed for 99 MPH or less. So ya see, he really didn't give ya much of a break as far as the traffic school thing goes. Now the fine, that' a complete different story. He just may have saved you a coupla $100! BTW, the test sites are easy to find. I took mine at the UPS Store/MBE (Mail Boxes Etc.) here in Hemet. Took all of 30 minutes; and that included waitin' in line. No problem and beats the sh** outta wastin' a day in class. :cool:

Sleek-Jet
10-04-2004, 01:22 PM
After all the carnage we've read about and posted about on Rice Road. Now here everyone is commiserating about someone getting a speeding ticket for 92mph in a 65 zone....
I'm gonna get flammed for that. :chi:

IN2MX
10-04-2004, 01:22 PM
Damn cops
HE LIED and no one seems to care, that he was dishonest.
You got a ticket going 92mph and he lied to help you out. :D
:) :cool:

Ziggy
10-04-2004, 01:56 PM
I've seen the CHP sitting and clocking just south of the single sets of tracks after the bend numerous times, usually just beyond a rise.
Its just money and the gamble you take, right? I like my money.

Garrddogg
10-04-2004, 03:40 PM
On the way home from op6c we saw one in a gulley(sp) zappin peoples, he got one eastbound pulled out right in front of us.. :(

DogHouse
10-04-2004, 03:52 PM
When I was a kid I drove pretty fast, used a radar detector, got some tickets for stupid sh!t, worried about my insurance, and complained a lot about the CHP. Nowadays I mostly drive close to the speed limits (which have been raised to more reasonable levels now), enjoy the drive, listen to tunes, and don't panic any more when I see a highway patrol. It's a good way to go and a lot more relaxing. It's also a lot safer when towing.
:cool:

carbonmarine
10-04-2004, 04:14 PM
....I dont know, but you can still get a " Blumkin " worth having in Desert Center !
lol, :hammerhea
Rick32