PDA

View Full Version : Page, AZ...need info

SHOCKWAVETOM
10-04-2004, 09:26 AM
I thought I needed to start a seperate thread as I don't want to hijack!
I have heard that this is a good place to own a house to hit Powell. Can you guys give me all the pros/cons please. Housing prices, launch facilities, restaruants, travel time from S CA, weather, stuff like that. It would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Mardonzi
10-04-2004, 10:47 AM
I thought I needed to start a seperate thread as I don't want to hijack!
I have heard that this is a good place to own a house to hit Powell. Can you guys give me all the pros/cons please. Housing prices, launch facilities, restaruants, travel time from S CA, weather, stuff like that. It would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Check your PM

SHOCKWAVETOM
10-04-2004, 10:49 AM
Check your PM
Got it...thanks. One of the people I talked to mentioned I have to go thru Colorado City to get to Page. I plan on driving slow thru there and seeing some of the odd stuff.....lol

Mardonzi
10-04-2004, 10:57 AM
Got it...thanks. One of the people I talked to mentioned I have to go thru Colorado City to get to Page. I plan on driving slow thru there and seeing some of the odd stuff.....lol
Nothing like women running around in dresses and levis to turn a guy on!!

SHOCKWAVETOM
10-04-2004, 12:48 PM
Nothing like women running around in dresses and levis to turn a guy on!!
I understand none of the houses have windows? This way the house isn't technically complete thereby not having to pay taxes. is this true? What other kind of odd things will you see there? There are a million things to do that could be fun while going thru there....lol

AzLakeLizard
10-04-2004, 01:05 PM
They do have windows but the state of always being underconstruction is very true.. that way they avoid the Taxes. It is a very ugly town.. but if you like cheese, they have a Dairy store off the main road. They just look at you funny..

Sleek-Jet
10-04-2004, 01:06 PM
I understand none of the houses have windows? This way the house isn't technically complete thereby not having to pay taxes. is this true? What other kind of odd things will you see there? There are a million things to do that could be fun while going thru there....lol
That, and also so no one can see in. This has been the practices of paligimist's (sp?) since the Mormon church changed it orthodoxy so Utah could join the union.
I know there is a nice subd. out towords Big Water, looks like decent houses, just off the highway with views of the Lake, about 10 miles to the marina. There's a conveniece store there that I always stop at on my way through.