PDA

View Full Version : essex sales people are liars!! Help

downwithessex
10-04-2004, 10:02 AM
Hopefully someone out there can help me-- I will try to keep it brief.
We went to order an essex boat and when we went into the showroom we saw one we really liked, and Amy told us they had just finished it and pushed it onto the showroom floor. So we bought it. We recenly found out that this boat was used at one of their regattas as a demo boat. It had registration numbers on it (I have pictures of it) and that means it was used. The boat had 14 hours on it, and we were told that during construction there was a wiring problem and it put hrs on the boat when the key was left on. They deny saying this, but unfortunatley for them, I have it in writing on a repair work order. Essex says they did nothing wrong, and they do not have disclose the history of the boat.
We reported it to the DMV and they did an investigation and found "mulitple violations" regarding the way they do business. Do I have any recourse here? they have lied more times than I can tell you, and they also reported a different hull # to the AZ fish and game, so my registration number is wrong so I have to straighten that out too. They also added info to the sales contract AFTER it was signed, which is illegal.
Essex finally called last week and offered us 2000.00, but they still say they did nothing wrong. The DMV is up their butt, so they want this all to go away, but I don't know if two thousand is fair on a 51,000 boat that if I knew its history I would not have purchased.
Any advise would be appreciated.
Thanks!

dicudmore
10-04-2004, 10:04 AM
that sounds like a bad deal :(

Tequila-John
10-04-2004, 10:07 AM
Sorry for what your going through bro. I looked at Essex but Amy was a f-in jerk so was everyone at there office. They screened her calls and all I was asking for prices and turntimes. Then I wanted to know if they were going to the boat show. I am glad I pulled back. Good luck bud. I will ask around if there is anything you can do....

SHOCKWAVETOM
10-04-2004, 10:11 AM
Thats messed up. At this point I don't know what I would accept but I would be very pissed. Now, if they told you about this stuff upfront that is one thing but they didn't. Not good :(

MsDrmr
10-04-2004, 10:12 AM
aren't all sales people liars??? :confused: :devil:
well, most :rolleyes: (not to offend any sales persons out there, incld me)

schiada96
10-04-2004, 10:14 AM
We went to order an essex boat and when we went into the showroom we saw one we really liked, and Amy told us they had just finished it and pushed it onto the showroom floor. So we bought it. We recenly found out that this boat was used at one of their regattas as a demo boat. It had registration numbers on it (I have pictures of it) and that means it was used. The boat had 14 hours on it, and we were told that during construction there was a wiring problem and it put hrs on the boat when the key was left on. They deny saying this, but unfortunatley for them, I have it in writing on a repair work order. Essex says they did nothing wrong, and they do not have disclose the history of the boat.
We reported it to the DMV and they did an investigation and found "mulitple violations" regarding the way they do business. Do I have any recourse here? they have lied more times than I can tell you, and they also reported a different hull # to the AZ fish and game, so my registration number is wrong so I have to straighten that out too. They also added info to the sales contract AFTER it was signed, which is illegal.
Essex finally called last week and offered us 2000.00, but they still say they did nothing wrong. The DMV is up their butt, so they want this all to go away, but I don't know if two thousand is fair on a 51,000 boat that if I knew its history I would not have purchased.
Thanks!
What is your time worth and are you happy with the boat. Fat chance of you getting quality service done on this boat. I'd give it back.

*BN*
10-04-2004, 10:16 AM
IMHO, since they have laid a bed of nails on this deal the only acceptable compensation I would take is a full refund on the return of the boat.
What kind of service can you expect from them on your NEW ride? I'm thinking you and Essex are going to be an ugly divorce situation from here forward.
Try to get out and run.
Disclaimer:
This post is based on your information being true and with out hearing the other side.

BarryMac
I personally would ask for a minimum of 10% of the sale price, they should be hittin ya with a minimum of 5 grand, no less...
the rev. gjb

OGShocker
I say you tell them they need to "buy" the boat back. They perpetrated a fraud on you. The DMV, if prompted, might forward this to the CA Attorney Generals office if there are very many cases left unresolved.
We looked at Essex before going to Dana. We were less than happy with their sale staff.
I write this knowing full well I'll get "rep sniped" but, It is just MHO.
OGS

CB1
10-04-2004, 10:21 AM
That is down right wrong, I would keep the investigation going untill they pay you at least 5,000.00 back, this has to stop...Good luck.

RiverDave
10-04-2004, 10:22 AM
So what are you mad about? The fact that there was 14 hours on the boat and it was sold to you as new?
RD

CB1
10-04-2004, 10:24 AM
River Dave Your a Donkey...

Essex502
10-04-2004, 10:44 AM
I've had nothing but great dealings with Essex but if this story is true it definitely sucks big time.
If you like the boat...keep it and negotiate a settlement. If you don't like it - make them buy it back.
Did you finance it? Have you contacted the finance company?

schiada96
10-04-2004, 10:44 AM
So what are you mad about? The fact that there was 14 hours on the boat and it was sold to you as new?
RD
I'd be mad too if I bought a new car and found out it was registered once. Second owner kind of deal. I'll be by you house this weekend.

Essex502
10-04-2004, 10:47 AM
I guess where I'm confused...did the boat have numbers on it when it was purchased?

downwithessex
10-04-2004, 10:54 AM
no it didnt have numbers on it when we bought it, just when it was used on the water, they were just stick on so they must have peeled them so they wouldnt have to sell it as used. :yuk: They're offer was 2000, and we wanted five. They won't negotiate any more so I contacted an attorney.
We didn't finance, we paid cash

Essex502
10-04-2004, 10:57 AM
Get a good attorney. But I'll bet you spend more than that on attorney's fees.

Essex502
10-04-2004, 10:58 AM
Oops...I forgot to ask...did you register it in California or Arizona? If in CA expect a tax bill from the Los Angeles County Tax Assessor for you personal property tax. You may want to contact the Assessor's office to get it as quickly as possible to include those monies into the lawsuit.

downwithessex
10-04-2004, 11:03 AM
It's registered in AZ and I don't care much about attorney's fees cause I'' get those back

rrrr
10-04-2004, 11:05 AM
If it was used as a demo boat I would bet that they ran the sh*t out of it for those 14 hours. Merc says 20 hours is required for break in time, and to avoid full throttle operation during that period.
Fat chance that the boat wasn't run full tilt across the lake more than a few times... :yuk:

Essex502
10-04-2004, 11:05 AM
I just saw that you're located in Corona...forget the comment on LA Tax Assessor and substitute whichever tax authority is in your neck of the woods.
Hopefully, you registered your trailer in CA.

jbtrailerjim
10-04-2004, 11:09 AM
Sounds like a bad deal to me. Essex should have been honest and told you that boat was a demo and not lied to you and told you it was brand new. They new if they had to sell it as a demo, most people would want a discount on it. They were just trying to make as much money off of the boat as possible. If they registered the boat at one time there is no way that boat could have legally been sold again as new. Sounds like there in trouble with the dmv and there trying to make you just go away by offering you some money. Shame on Essex.

duffster
10-04-2004, 11:15 AM
I might have some photos of your boat in the water at the regatta describe what it looks like or post a photo.

BajaMike
10-04-2004, 11:22 AM
I’m suspicious of someone who just joins Hot Boat Forums to complain about a boat manufacturer….
:argue:

1978 Rogers
10-04-2004, 11:26 AM
$2,000 is a joke. They should be offering you more. That's less than 4%. An attorny is a good route. Contact the Attorny General about a complaint also.

RiverDave
10-04-2004, 11:28 AM
River Dave Your a Donkey...
I was just asking if that was the main concern bro.. Or if there was in fact something else about the boat that he was unhappy with? Maybe damage from previous trips that he didn't notice when he picked it up etc.. I think it's a fair question?
I know that mfg's are able to run "demo" boats and sell them as "new" later, even including all the same warranties etc.. Not real sure on the specifics of it.
Overall though, if the boat has a new title, is in perfect condition, and the only major gripe is that it had 14 hrs on the hour meter.. I dunno if I'd go through all the legal hassle? I'd just realize that there's going to be 100+ hours on that same meter at the end of the season.. Maybe I'd give them some shit and try to get some accessories, or upgrades & swag out of the deal for the misrepresentation.. But overall, would you be happy with the boat if the hour meter read zero? And is there any other differences other then just that? If your that worried about it, tell them to swap motors with there next demo boat so yours will be at zero and you can break it in yourself? I'm sure they'll do that as it really isn't that much work to pull a motor.
Just my .02.. Yes I'd be pissed about the misrepresentation, but no I don't think I'd go through the legal hassle..
RD

jbtrailerjim
10-04-2004, 11:33 AM
I’m suspicious of someone who just joins Hot Boat Forums to complain about a boat manufacturer….
Why is it suspicious? I think a lot of people join with the intentions of asking for advice. Thats why I joined. Never would I have guessed it would become so addictive though. :jawdrop: :rolleyes:

OutCole'd
10-04-2004, 11:35 AM
If possible, I would have them buy the boat back. Once a deal is started like this, it just gets worse. And like what was said, now that there is a bad taste about the deal, how is it going to be if there is some kind of warranty issue, which there will be at least one....

RP1
10-04-2004, 11:40 AM
Thinking the same thing... :confused:

Racer277
10-04-2004, 12:30 PM
Then his two or three buddies immediately sign up to agree with him? :notam:
Wonder what their ip addresses are? :squiggle:

Second "PLACE"
10-04-2004, 12:31 PM
Thinking the same thing... :confused:
Maybe, maybe not....He MAY have just been a "Lurker" of these threads an just felt that this was an issue he needed an opinion on. Just my .02

BajaMike
10-04-2004, 12:33 PM
Then his two or three buddies immediately sign up to agree with him? :notam:
Wonder what their ip addresses are? :squiggle:
Seems like we've been down this road before....
Maybe it's the water in Corona......makes those manufacturers crazy..... :eat:

dicudmore
10-04-2004, 12:36 PM
Maybe, maybe not....He MAY have just been a "Lurker" of these threads an just felt that this was an issue he needed an opinion on. Just my .02
could be....I lurked for a long time before I saw a thread I had to get in and give my .02

Havasu_Dreamin
10-04-2004, 12:40 PM
Seems like we've been down this road before....
Maybe it's the water in Corona......makes those manufacturers crazy..... :eat:
Essex is in Ontario.

Froggystyle
10-04-2004, 12:41 PM
Not really IMO. Imagine you are bummed about a manufacturer, and want to find out some info on how to deal with it, or learn about people who may have been through the same thing in consideration for a class action of some sort. Do a web search for whatever you would, and odds are, this place will come up.
You can't start with 2,000 posts, and everyone got here somehow, for whatever reason. I found this place when I was looking for information on my new boat purchase. Believe it or not, I started as a one post wonder... ;)

wsuwrhr
10-04-2004, 12:49 PM
Thanks!
I would have ben wary of any "new" boat that had Registration numbers on it. Especially since they said they just wheeled it into the showroom. It takes a month or two to get tags for a new vehicle.
Brian

ROZ
10-04-2004, 12:51 PM
I was just asking if that was the main concern bro.. Or if there was in fact something else about the boat that he was unhappy with? Maybe damage from previous trips that he didn't notice when he picked it up etc.. I think it's a fair question?
I know that mfg's are able to run "demo" boats and sell them as "new" later, even including all the same warranties etc.. Not real sure on the specifics of it.
RD
Some truth to that. I know of a boat ordered from a custom mfg that the customer was unhappy with and never took delivery. MFg used it as a demo boat for well over a year and sold it as an 04' demo. Had it sold recently it would have been an 05 :D

Kilrtoy
10-04-2004, 01:08 PM
Boat makers are given an allotted sequence of numbers , it is very different than cars. There are alot of threads about AMY, almost as many as commander.....

Second "PLACE"
10-04-2004, 01:14 PM
Boat makers are given an allotted sequence of numbers , it is very different than cars. There are alot of threads about AMY, almost as many as commander.....
Don't know anything about "Amy", but from what I've read it sounds like she lacks people skills BIG TIME. :frown:

dicudmore
10-04-2004, 01:42 PM
me thinks Kilr is right here.....
I hear they put on one hell of a regatta also :rollside:

Havasu_Dreamin
10-04-2004, 01:53 PM
me thinks Kilr is right here.....
I hear they put on one hell of a regatta also :rollside:
We had a great time at the regatta! Were there prolems, yes there were, but they were not of Essex nor Jokers Wild's making.

dicudmore
10-04-2004, 02:09 PM
We had a great time at the regatta! Were there prolems, yes there were, but they were not of Essex nor Jokers Wild's making.
damn it bro you know I was talking about the dinner, and that it was all in fun :D

Havasu_Dreamin
10-04-2004, 02:14 PM
damn it bro you know I was talking about the dinner, and that it was all in fun :D
Yep, I know. :D

BENZEEN
10-04-2004, 02:19 PM
I believe a mfg can sell a boat as "New" as long as it has never been registered.
Insidentally, when I bought my Essex, I was not told that it was used in a Hot Boat issue for an annual test. I look back now and think that a may have been a demo boat for a while. However, I don't think mine had ever been registered. The day I took delivery, I was told by the service guy that it had been in a Hot Boat trial. I came home from the maiden voyage, found the new issue of Hot Boat in the mailbox, opened it up and there was my boat.
-Vik

Stealth Marine
10-04-2004, 02:40 PM
[QUOTE=downwithessex]Hopefully someone out there can help me-- I will try to keep it brief.
The boat had 14 hours on it, and we were told that during construction there was a wiring problem and it put hrs on the boat when the key was left on. QUOTE]
The first thing I would do is to have the engine log downloaded so you can see EXACTLY what kind of hours are on the engine.
The modern mercury engines store the total number of minutes run at each RMP range.
0-750
750-1500
1500-2500
2500-3000
3000-3500
3500-4000
4000-4500
4500-5000
5000-5500
This will at least let you know where those 14 hours came from.
Doesn't solve your other problems, but you will know if its all IDLE time or WOT...

Rexone
10-04-2004, 02:43 PM
Not really IMO. Imagine you are bummed about a manufacturer, and want to find out some info on how to deal with it, or learn about people who may have been through the same thing in consideration for a class action of some sort. Do a web search for whatever you would, and odds are, this place will come up.
You can't start with 2,000 posts, and everyone got here somehow, for whatever reason. I found this place when I was looking for information on my new boat purchase. Believe it or not, I started as a one post wonder... ;)
I started out with one too. And I kinda agree with you. with one but.
Here's the but... but when someone signs up with a screename that IS THE SUBJECT of their thread title and it is a thread portraying disatisfaction with someone or some company, I don't see that as wanting to become a contributing member to the forum. Its not like the guy signed up with an identity like me or you or most others here. I'm always a bit leary of guys that sign up with screenames that carry a bashing message in themselves. Maybe it's just me. dunno. How many guys do you recall that signed up with a negative screename that went on to become long time forum participants or contributors?

Froggystyle
10-04-2004, 03:08 PM
Here's the but... but when someone signs up with a screename that IS THE SUBJECT of their thread title and it is a thread portraying disatisfaction with someone or some company, I don't see that as wanting to become a contributing member to the forum. Its not like the guy signed up with an identity like me or you or most others here. I'm always a bit leary of guys that sign up with screenames that carry a bashing message in themselves. Maybe it's just me. dunno. How many guys do you recall that signed up with a negative screename that went on to become long time forum participants or contributors?
Agreed. No way for this guy to end up particularly productive, but very understandable.
In any case, I am not leary of him, and would imagine that while his post is not exactly looking to give Essex a warm and fuzzy, I don't think he is a rogue competetive manufacturer out on a smear campaign.
My guess, he has founded complaints, is pissed and wants to get either an appropriate amount of money out of Essex, or get a refund, both of which I agree are appropriate and acceptable courses of action for this guy. In any case, I don't think it is some random turd out to ruin someone.
My .02

Kilrtoy
10-04-2004, 03:40 PM
If I was stupid enough to pay 51K for a boat, actually I am. You are damn straight I would be pissed if it had anything above .2 Hours on it. When I bought my boat and it was ready for the delivery the manufacture called me and said he was gonna take it out and run it around for about to make sure everything is alright. He also stated he would wait for me if I preferred. I said have at it......

BajaMike
10-04-2004, 06:15 PM
I didn't mean to be negitive, but anyone can say anything on here, especially if no one knows you.
I would hate to buy a "new boat" and find out it's not new...if that's the case, it should be a clear legal case for the DMV and lawyers to straighten out. The idea of checking out the engine log is a very good idea (this would prove the fraud...although i would never believe the "we left the key on" story), especially to see if the engine has been abused in the first 20 hours.
I'd like to hear the outcome of this.
But.....it did sound like another recent incident on this forum....... :eek:

FRENCHIE
10-04-2004, 06:17 PM
not good for essex!!! :D

PHOTOGLOU
10-04-2004, 06:43 PM
In the new car industry a demo has the warranty start from the day it was put into demo service but I bought my boat as a demo and the warranty started the day I bought it but it had never been registered if a boat has had fees posted on it cf or az numbers that are not demo #'s like a demo lic plate it is a unwind USED the DMV will screw them big time and will know if it had fees posted on it you can call DMV and ask them when fees were posted for the first time and that will tell you if it is a unwind or not. either way if you've got pic with #'s on it the ball is in your court run the hell out of it and give it back for a full refund and any out of pocket expenses or upgrades stereo paint anything. but check your paperwork to make sure it dosen;t say demo it can still say new but demo anywhere on it and its yours

cola
10-04-2004, 06:59 PM
Is this the 24' Valor. I saw 2 demoed & a friend bought the blue & yellow one, Is this boat red. He was told it was demoed @ the regatta. I also might have pic's. What is your boat # on there web site. Also if the boat was reg. prior to you AZ. dosen't collect sales tax on used. $ 3,952.00
Late, Mike

Kilrtoy
10-04-2004, 07:41 PM
In the new car industry a demo has the warranty start from the day it was put into demo service but I bought my boat as a demo and the warranty started the day I bought it but it had never been registered if a boat has had fees posted on it cf or az numbers that are not demo #'s like a demo lic plate it is a unwind USED the DMV will screw them big time and will know if it had fees posted on it you can call DMV and ask them when fees were posted for the first time and that will tell you if it is a unwind or not. either way if you've got pic with #'s on it the ball is in your court run the hell out of it and give it back for a full refund and any out of pocket expenses or upgrades stereo paint anything. but check your paperwork to make sure it dosen;t say demo it can still say new but demo anywhere on it and its yours
I dont think there are unwinds with boats. But if the boat is a demo as a car, there should be a LOWER PRICE, it is a new/used, car/boat. Fourteen hours on a boat is like a couple hundred on a car. No one would ever buy a new car with a couple hundred miles on it without a deep discount attached, atleast I think noone would....
Demo cars are also used even though not leagally as a way for a dealer to drive a new car without paying fees on it......

Todd969
10-04-2004, 08:44 PM
Sorry about your problems. Being a former Essex owner I can relate to the BS over there and that is why we got rid of it and are now completely happy with our Nordic. Good luck.

Some Kind Of Monster
10-04-2004, 08:50 PM
I have to wonder, Are there any other problems with the boat other than the fact that it was used? Do you like it? I'm not trying to throw the direction of this thread. I would not be happy either. I think that I would have found out before I handed over a check though.

rrrr
10-04-2004, 09:12 PM
I would have ben wary of any "new" boat that had Registration numbers on it. Especially since they said they just wheeled it into the showroom. It takes a month or two to get tags for a new vehicle.
Brian
I think if you read carefully, the boat was sold with no numbers, but the purchaser obtained photos of the boat displaying AZ registration. He surmised that peel off vinyl numbers were used.

Essex502
10-05-2004, 06:02 AM
I have photos of virtually every boat that was in the Essex Regatta Parade so if the "new" owner would post a picture of it or describe it I can find it in the hundreds of photos. We can get to the bottom of this if he posts a description.

Dribble
10-05-2004, 06:51 AM
How about it Amy. You've come on here before and posted a response.
What do you guys have to say about this one ???????

Music to my Ears
10-05-2004, 06:53 AM
Sorry about your problems. Being a former Essex owner I can relate to the BS over there and that is why we got rid of it and are now completely happy with our Nordic. Good luck.
I was in the same boat, so to speak. A former Essex owner that was very frustrated with their customer service. The thing that I would be most concerned about if you keep the boat is how are they going to treat you from here on out?

BajaMike
10-05-2004, 09:56 AM
Still no response from "downwithessex" after many usefull comments and suggestions from Hot Boat members.....
I'm still suspicious! :idea: :confused:
:eat:
It would also be nice to hear from Amy at Essex.

Essex502
10-05-2004, 11:05 AM
I was in the same boat, so to speak. A former Essex owner that was very frustrated with their customer service. The thing that I would be most concerned about if you keep the boat is how are they going to treat you from here on out?
Now, now....we all know your situation was a little different... :D Not that it couldn't be handled better.

superdave013
10-05-2004, 11:37 AM
so you're sayin that the guy who's screen name is "F u c kJohnnyWhitset" over at River Rat Life has some other motive?? lol :rolleyes:

Music to my Ears
10-05-2004, 11:43 AM
Now, now....we all know your situation was a little different... :D Not that it couldn't be handled better.
I didn't say it was the same situation. Only that I was very frustrated with their customer service, or lack there of. No argument from me concerning the quality of construction with their boats and I know that many of you have had great dealings with Essex and their customer service. I, however, don't share those same positive feelings.

downwithessex
10-05-2004, 11:43 AM
I would like to thank everyone for their advise and comments. . . to the "suspicious" people, do you think I could make up this story??? Not in my wildest. . . . Anyway, I have been working with the DMV, Attorney General's office, and my attorney. Unfortunately, I now have to keep my mouth shut until it proceeds. . .
But Please let anyone you know of that is considering buying from them to be VERY careful. As I said before, they were already cited for multiple violations in regards to their sales practices. I would hate to see anyone else get screwed.
Again, thank you everyone for your comments.

Havasu_Dreamin
10-05-2004, 11:59 AM
We weren't screwed in our two sales deals with Essex.

BajaMike
10-05-2004, 12:02 PM
I would like to thank everyone for their advise and comments. . . to the "suspicious" people, do you think I could make up this story??? Not in my wildest. . . . Anyway, I have been working with the DMV, Attorney General's office, and my attorney. Unfortunately, I now have to keep my mouth shut until it proceeds. . .
But Please let anyone you know of that is considering buying from them to be VERY careful. As I said before, they were already cited for multiple violations in regards to their sales practices. I would hate to see anyone else get screwed.
Again, thank you everyone for your comments.
Thanks for the info, and please let us know what happens when it's all over, I'm sure a lot of us would like to know how this works out.
Also, the previous post about getting the engine log...I would get it to Mercruiser dealer and get that engine log....it could be a big help to your lawyer and the legal authorities.
Good luck!
:cool:

Essex502
10-05-2004, 12:12 PM
I didn't say it was the same situation. Only that I was very frustrated with their customer service, or lack there of. No argument from me concerning the quality of construction with their boats and I know that many of you have had great dealings with Essex and their customer service. I, however, don't share those same positive feelings.
Just yankin' ya' amigo!

downwithessex
10-05-2004, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the info, and please let us know what happens when it's all over, I'm sure a lot of us would like to know how this works out.
Also, the previous post about getting the engine log...I would get it to Mercruiser dealer and get that engine log....it could be a big help to your lawyer and the legal authorities.
Good luck!
:cool:
I absolutely will for sure, thanks

Essex502
10-05-2004, 12:13 PM
We weren't screwed in our two sales deals with Essex.
Neither were we...good people as far as my dealings with them. A little disorganized when they hold Regattas but otherwise upfront and performed as promised.

Havasu_Dreamin
10-05-2004, 12:14 PM
No argument from me concerning the quality of construction with their boats and I know that many of you have had great dealings with Essex and their customer service. I, however, don't share those same positive feelings.
I agree. It would be good if everyone had the same experience as we have had with Essex. I would not hesitate to buy another boat from them. There are plenty of other builders that I also would not hesitate buying a boat from.

MagicMtnDan
10-05-2004, 12:20 PM
I've visited a number of the boat makers in the area (Eliminator, Essex, Lavey Craft, Shockwave, Hallett and Kachina) and while I know Essex makes a quality boat they continue to allow Amy to represent them by bashing the competition (I posted about that on this forum in the past).
A quality manufacturer never resorts (or allows the company) to bad-mouthing the competition. No matter how good their product is, prospective customers don't see it that way when they hear them put down other companies' products.
Until their policies change and Amy is gone (is she related to anyone at Essex?) they're still a good boat maker with bad practices.
That's my opinion based on first-hand experience. :rollside:

Essex502
10-06-2004, 06:52 AM
I've visited a number of the boat makers in the area (Eliminator, Essex, Lavey Craft, Shockwave, Hallett and Kachina) and while I know Essex makes a quality boat they continue to allow Amy to represent them by bashing the competition (I posted about that on this forum in the past).
A quality manufacturer never resorts (or allows the company) to bad-mouthing the competition. No matter how good their product is, prospective customers don't see it that way when they hear them put down other companies' products.
Until their policies change and Amy is gone (is she related to anyone at Essex?) they're still a good boat maker with bad practices.
That's my opinion based on first-hand experience. :rollside:
Not to disagree too much Dan, but when my wife and I went to the L.A. Boat show in 2000, every manufacturer we talked to EXCEPT Essex "negatively sold" against their competition. This continues every year we go. This turned me off to those builders. Essex was pleasant and demonstrated or told me about their benefits and features/construction and why they thought they were better than the other builders. Now, grant you, that Amy wasn't in the booth while we were there and we didn't meet her until after the contract was written but she was very pleasant and helpful when we delivered the check and picked up the boat. Has been helpful since as well.
I can't speak for other folks' experiences.

duffster
10-06-2004, 07:10 PM
Here are the two demo boats that were at the regatta. Is it one of these?

purrfecttremor
10-07-2004, 08:29 PM
i dont like anyone at essex.tried to buy one but the owner was unreasonable.am i going to get slammed because my 1st post in negative towards a boat manufacture?ron was his name.
ive bought new boats since looking at essex.

Kilrtoy
10-07-2004, 08:43 PM
HHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMM???????????????????
I wonder what kinda boat you bought

CBLavey
10-07-2004, 08:50 PM
The fact of the matter is that the boat seems to been sold under false pretenses so only a full refund plus attorney's fees would make me happy.
It's not the hours so much as it is the principal.Essex makes a great boat but Amy and her sales style single handedly turned us off and steered us over to Lavey - so we do owe her for that !!!! ;) ;)

purrfecttremor
10-07-2004, 09:05 PM
ahhhh bayliner na wasnt essex.ultra and also well ya already know the 2nd one.
still no slam.just wasnt right dealing with ron.didnt seem to intererested
in cust. service.

K9Blitz
10-08-2004, 09:16 PM
I would definitely like to know the outcome of this.
I had my 24' Valor built from scratch. Having owned 3 misc. boats prior and picking apart the little things other manufacturers did and did not do, I went with the Essex because it was built solid. I bought the boat for how it was made, the workmanship, and the engine/hardware that went into it, the fact that I had a positive sales experience there was secondary.
Either way, that's wrong if they misrepresented their product. Did you ever come out and say what model? or if you were happy with it? and what condition was it in when you took delivery?
They build solid quality boats. If you like the boat, keep it and work them for some extras or an extended Merc warranty.

Debbolas
10-08-2004, 09:38 PM
Wow!
Color me surprised! We looked at Essex, and I really liked their boats, the overlapping hull, the weight of the boat (probably doesn't flex when you pound on the sides :rolleyes: )
One of the things I liked best was the sales girl (don't remember her name) was very nice to me. After looking at boat after boat and having the boat salesmen tell me to "come back with my husband". That got old REALLY quick!
We bought a Kachina because for the money, we could get more, and we are very happy with our boat.
Hope it all works out for you.............. :boxed:

F350gil01
10-08-2004, 10:01 PM
Missing the point here! regardless of how the service was per individual. The bottom line is that he paid for a new boat and it was used. Now we all want to believe that we got good deals from a dealer, but it is a perception. Lets all stick to the facts, and the current facts is that it is a used boat, with a sale pitch of a new boat.
Put yourselfs it that situation. (this is a boat forum for boat owners not boat dealers) so don't take it personal.
Seems harcsh but get real.

OOfatso
10-09-2004, 07:58 AM
Wow!!!
I bought three boats from Essex and if they build a 35' I would probably buy number 4. Like I have said before....."Every" boat manufacture out there has someone thats pissed off about something!
As far as Amy goes, well we are all human and we all make mistakes and dealing with the public takes on a whole different level of patience. Just my .02 worth!

SHOTKALLIN
10-09-2004, 07:22 PM
DWE thanx for the info. there are alot of us so called newbies lurkin around here. we are looking for info on which boat mfg.'s treat their customers right. I can honestly say that I will not be buying an Essex, Commander, or an Aftershock/Carrera. This is based on info I got from reading the boards. I'm sure there are plenty of happy customers for all these brands,but, its the unhappy ones that matter when you are shopping.
just my .02

cc322
10-09-2004, 08:26 PM
The customer in this case should have been given a boat with ZERO hours on it period. If it was me nothing but a full refund would make me happy, and then I would take my business elsewhere. I would not fill comfortable dealing with them,after this happened

MOBrien
10-09-2004, 09:14 PM
Drop the boat off, demand full cash refund, go somewhere else and order a new one. Never was a fan of buying something "off the lot". When buying brand new, custom order is the only way.
Good luck & post up the results when it's over.

Stealth Marine
10-11-2004, 03:49 PM
The bottom line is that he paid for a new boat and it was used. Now we all want to believe that we got good deals from a dealer, but it is a perception. Lets all stick to the facts, and the current facts is that it is a used boat, with a sale pitch of a new boat.
At the end of the day, you pretty much nailed it right on the head.
Its not whether or not the hours on the engine make any real difference at all.
Its that he thought he was buying a brand new boat, and got a demo boat without have been told as much.
The customer deserves the honesty of being told what he is buying.
But this is NOT a lone case.
We have seen other boats come through our shop with hour meters that do NOT reflect the hours on the engines. "Brand-New" boats that come in for their first 20 hour service only to discover they have 35 or 40 hours on the engine and that the gauges were simply replaced when the "demo" boat was sold to the customer.

Kilrtoy
10-11-2004, 06:33 PM
WHAT
another newbie saying things about a boat company should we believe him....
Its a HOWARD he is talking about....

dicudmore
10-11-2004, 06:42 PM
WHAT
another newbie saying things about a boat company should we believe him....
Its a HOWARD he is talking about....
exactly....
damn nice boats too :cool:

Debbolas
10-11-2004, 06:51 PM
Kinda weird some newbies don't like Essex boats..................
Another Commander situation? :confused:
I've never bought a boat from Essex, but they were very nice, and actually gave me the time of day, which (if you are a chick) most boat dealers don't!!
Debbolas<----------color me wary :confused:

Misogynist
10-11-2004, 08:38 PM
I just saw that you're located in Corona...forget the comment on LA Tax Assessor and substitute whichever tax authority is in your neck of the woods.
Hopefully, you registered your trailer in CA.
DO NOT register the trailer in Ca if you have the boat registered in AZ... CA will want to know what the value is of the boat that goes on the trailer.. and then you will have to pay sales tax for CA... even if the boat doesn't come here... You must wait at least one calender year before bringing the boat into Ca. to be exempt from the sales tax. :220v:

Parker Dreamin
10-11-2004, 08:41 PM
DO NOT register the trailer in Ca if you have the boat registered in AZ... CA will want to know what the value is of the boat that goes on the trailer.. and then you will have to pay sales tax for CA... even if the boat doesn't come here... You must wait at least one calender year before bringing the boat into Ca. to be exempt from the sales tax. :220v:
From what I have seen in the post this is not the case and if you have AZ boat reg and bring it to CA for any reason you better have the trailer reg in CA or you will get messed with...... is this so ?

Essex502
10-12-2004, 05:29 AM
Not even close to being true. If the sale is consumated in AZ, the boat is stored in AZ and predominantly used in AZ, California has no authority to charge sales tax or property tax on the watercraft. If the boat was purchased in California like ours was, we paid sales tax at the time of sale. We paid property tax for the first year before moving the boat to storage out of state. Since then we have paid no property tax and owe none.
If you are a California resident with your boat registered outside of California, store it outside of California and use it primarily outside of California you MUST register the trailer IN California IF you EVER bring the boat BACK into California even if it is only to drive THRU California. Otherwise, you can be cited by LE for NOT registering the trailer in CA.

Tequila-John
10-12-2004, 06:14 AM
Not even close to being true. If the sale is consumated in AZ, the boat is stored in AZ and predominantly used in AZ, California has no authority to charge sales tax or property tax on the watercraft. If the boat was purchased in California like ours was, we paid sales tax at the time of sale. We paid property tax for the first year before moving the boat to storage out of state. Since then we have paid no property tax and owe none.
If you are a California resident with your boat registered outside of California, store it outside of California and use it primarily outside of California you MUST register the trailer IN California IF you EVER bring the boat BACK into California even if it is only to drive THRU California. Otherwise, you can be cited by LE for NOT registering the trailer in CA.
Ok so me and Parker Dreamin plan is this. We both have 2nd homes in AZ. We are buying our boat in CA but leaving the boat and trailer in storage full time in AZ using the boat in AZ full time. Might bring the boat back 1 time a year for the service in CA. The big question is do we Reg both in AZ? Or just the boat?

Essex502
10-12-2004, 01:40 PM
Ok so me and Parker Dreamin plan is this. We both have 2nd homes in AZ. We are buying our boat in CA but leaving the boat and trailer in storage full time in AZ using the boat in AZ full time. Might bring the boat back 1 time a year for the service in CA. The big question is do we Reg both in AZ? Or just the boat?
Trust me on this...Reg the boat in AZ and the trailer in CA. No problems from any source. If you buy the boat in CA and take delivery in CA you will OWE sales tax PLUS property tax for the year in which you bought it. If possible, have the boat builder, if a new boat, register it in AZ for you and deliver it to you in AZ. If buying a used boat, immediately notify the DMV that you are removing the boat to AZ and get it out of CA by December 31st and you won't have to pay CA property tax for next year.
OR short answer...boat only in AZ.

OGShocker
10-12-2004, 01:49 PM
So, let me get this straight. "Downwith" comes in and posts 4 times over two days? Bags on Essex's then bails? Whata deeeek! :notam:

Kilrtoy
10-12-2004, 07:30 PM
(WHAT AN OLDIE.)
YES" A NEWBIE ONLY 10 POSTS. THATS ABOUT 1 POST EVERY 3 DAYS SINCE I GOT ON IN SEPT 04. LETS SEE 10,546 POSTS THATS ABOUT 33 POSTS A DAY SINCE YOU STARTED JAN. O4. :idea: :idea: YES, BELIEVE ME I SPEND MY EXTRA TIME ON BOATS. :cool: :cool: OH THANKS (dicudmor )HOWARD IS BY FAR THE BEST AND FASTEST I HAVE TESTED TO INCLUDE BEST HANDLING.
Relax SPEED, I was making a joke and obviously you are not up to SPEED with what is going on here. Just for your info I have been on here since 2001.
Don't always believe everything you read.
Just to help you out, you say something good and everyone believes you, you say something bad and every jumps your shit, when you are new. I hope that brings you up to SPEED. :D

boatnam2
10-12-2004, 07:30 PM
tj just the boat in az and trailer in ca.cobra should handle everything for you.

BajaMike
10-13-2004, 04:22 PM
YES :messedup: I MAY HAVE MISSED SOMETHING SO I 'LL PUT IT IN LOW. BUT WHEN I HEAR OF GOOD PEOPLE GETTING SCREWED LIKE THIS I TEND TO GO INTO HIGH GEAR. :mad: BEEN THERE DONE THAT SO IF MY .2 WILL HELP ITS THERE. :cool:
Speed...take your caps lock off...it's like SHOUTING!!!
:shift: :D

BajaMike
10-13-2004, 04:23 PM
Kinda weird some newbies don't like Essex boats..................
Another Commander situation? :confused:
I've never bought a boat from Essex, but they were very nice, and actually gave me the time of day, which (if you are a chick) most boat dealers don't!!
Debbolas<----------color me wary :confused:
Debbolas.....are chicks allowed to buy boats in California???
:confused: :idea:
Just kidding..... :D

Kilrtoy
10-13-2004, 05:11 PM
Debbolas.....are chicks allowed to buy boats in California???
:confused: :idea:
Just kidding..... :D
Actually the smart ones have them dumb ass men buy them, just ask my wife....

SHOTKALLIN
10-13-2004, 05:24 PM
kilr if I were a boat builder :sqeyes: your wife would get one at cost.
Just my .02

KoolPop
10-14-2004, 07:36 AM
I had a great experience with Advantage, We watched the boat being built step by step. They are a great bunch of people over there, and I think it is probably in the top 3 as far as quality that you can find. To bad about the experience at Essex, I have friends who love theirs.

BoatPI
10-14-2004, 08:51 AM
Essex is 100% correct. And it does not matter if you own a home, or stay at the Crazy Hourse. Boat registration is the primary State of usage, taxes for luxury are same. Sale tax is State of purchase UNLESS it is shipped by an ICC carrier with the proper bill of laden, with delivery is the other state. Same goes for a car, Folks from Havasu buy a new car in Needles, it MUSt be delivered in AZ, then AZ taxes are paid.

Essex502
10-14-2004, 09:02 AM
Just out of curiousity...are boat builders required to not the hours on the sales contract - like an auto dealer does when the disclose the mileage of a car when sold? I don't remember when we bought ours back in 2000 whether the hours were noted or not....anyone know?

jbtrailerjim
10-14-2004, 09:25 AM
Just out of curiousity...are boat builders required to not the hours on the sales contract - like an auto dealer does when the disclose the mileage of a car when sold? I don't remember when we bought ours back in 2000 whether the hours were noted or not....anyone know?
I wouldn't think it would be required. I know hour meters don't have to be installed on boats.

dicudmore
10-14-2004, 10:31 AM
I know for sure the hours were not noted on my paperwork anywhere

Essex502
10-14-2004, 10:54 AM
So if hours aren't noted...is it a buyer beware situation? Should the buyer be responsible for looking at the hourmeter? What if a "new boat" is on a showroom floor and the dealer took it to the lake to give a prospective buyer a ride...is it considered a used or demo boat now? The automotive industry treats a demo vehicle as one that was registered...correct?

Ultracrazy
10-14-2004, 03:59 PM
A good buddy of mine purchased a 24' Essex Valor last year and had nothing but good to say about his sales experience. I've been in the boat numerous times and I gotta say this thing is prestine. They build a solid boat. Little things like capping bolts with acorn nuts so there is no chance of catching a scrape or scratch, solid hardware throughout, 2 hydralic pistons, instead of 1, for the deck/engine hatch, stock Alpine Mp3 stereo, off shore Gaffrig controls, insultated built-in floor cooler, etc..
Most of the hours were on Mohave, sometimes in some serious chop, and it just rides right across it. Definitely one of the top boat builders. The original complaint seems out of character for Essex considering my buddy's experience and the quality of boat they built.

rodnjen
10-14-2004, 04:32 PM
I couldn't agree more, we had a great transaction with Essex and are VERY pleased with our boat. What I don't get is why did this guy go to a custom boat builder and buy something right off the showroom? Why spend the extra money if you are not going to make some or any of the decisions yourself. If you think that showroom boat hasn't been in the water then your naive. If you didn't think to ask that question directly, make them prove it, then you didn't do your due diligence.
Best of luck buddy, I would have done my homework before I shot my mouth off.

Kilrtoy
10-14-2004, 06:30 PM
I couldn't agree more, we had a great transaction with Essex and are VERY pleased with our boat. What I don't get is why did this guy go to a custom boat builder and buy something right off the showroom? Why spend the extra money if you are not going to make some or any of the decisions yourself. If you think that showroom boat hasn't been in the water then your naive.
Best of luck buddy, I would have done my homework before I shot my mouth off.
So what you are saying is, all sales people are liars,
THE SALES PERSON TOLD YOU IT WAS JUST FINISHED AND WE JUST WHEELED IT OUT , YOU SHOULDNT BELIEVE THEM.
aLSO YOU WOULD BE SHOCKED AT THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE THAT WALK IN AND BUY BOATS RIGHT OFF THE FLOOR :confused: :confused: :confused:

Essex502
10-15-2004, 05:45 AM
Anybody know the original poster to this thread personally?

rodnjen
10-15-2004, 06:22 AM
So what you are saying is, all sales people are liars,
THE SALES PERSON TOLD YOU IT WAS JUST FINISHED AND WE JUST WHEELED IT OUT , YOU SHOULDNT BELIEVE THEM.
aLSO YOU WOULD BE SHOCKED AT THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE THAT WALK IN AND BUY BOATS RIGHT OFF THE FLOOR :confused: :confused: :confused:
Not saying that anyone is a liar, I do think that whenever commission or profit is involved, which means any transaction, that a tremendous amount of homework should be part of the process. It is dangerous for anyone to accept things at face value.

Todd969
10-15-2004, 06:42 AM
I wasn't even going to post on this thread, but here goes. I also was an Essex owner. The quality of the boat was never a question. I think most people in the boating world know Essex builds a great boat. It is in "my" opinion that the customer service and sales team are crap. As an example in the 3 months that we've owned our Nordic, we've had several follow ups from The Boat Brokers. Not once after we bought the Essex did we hear from them. Maybe that isn't a big deal to most people, but it is to me. Being in an industry that requires strong relationships, I know the difference a little follow up and contact makes. I'm sure when this guys issue is resolved we'll hear about it.

Swank
02-21-2005, 09:42 AM
I relayed "down with Essex" story to Essex people, and this guy seems to be a nut. The boat was never registered, and only displayed and floated at the regatta which was fully disclosed. Additionally, Essex pulled out the original engine and OD and replaced them with a brand new out of the box power train. I was given the opportunity to examine their paperwork absent personal information about the buyer. How can you ask for more customer service than that?
Just thought this forum should hear the other side
Swank

Jrocket
02-21-2005, 09:58 AM
I relayed "down with Essex" story to Essex people, and this guy seems to be a nut. The boat was never registered, and only displayed and floated at the regatta which was fully disclosed. Additionally, Essex pulled out the original engine and OD and replaced them with a brand new out of the box power train. I was given the opportunity to examine their paperwork absent personal information about the buyer. How can you ask for more customer service than that?
Swank
Why would you take it upon yourself to relay this message and then try to look into this other persons paperwork....or are you affiliated with Essex?You call the guy a "nut" and then tell us the "other" side of the story?

cc322
02-21-2005, 10:28 AM
2 post count, makes you wonder????????

OC-PARTYCAT
02-21-2005, 10:37 AM
The boat was never registered, and only displayed and floated at the regatta which was fully disclosed. Additionally, Essex pulled out the original engine and OD and replaced them with a brand new out of the box power train.
Swank
Why would they replace the engine and drive if it was only floated at the regatta? That just does not make any sense. :idea: Even if they ran it at the regatta....what would it have 1 or 2 hours tops?? thats still new.

dexman38
02-21-2005, 12:12 PM
do tell it is raining and their is nothing to do i got my popcorn and beer . So lets here your story.

syke-o
02-21-2005, 12:36 PM
It's along one, I don't know... I know how serious these professional posters are... They would chew me up and spit me out... The story is real and all of the actors are real... Let me think about it, it's a doosie... No bull
let er rip... dont be worried about the professional posters... if your story is real, then you have nothin to worry about... :boxingguy

cc322
02-21-2005, 12:41 PM
Ok your up to 10 post's, now your legit, let's have it, buy the way I have one regarding Laser you go first :D

OGShocker
02-21-2005, 12:56 PM
Swank
http://www.billism.com/media/pics/funny/anal%20lube.jpg Good luck, newbie!

ROZ
02-21-2005, 01:28 PM
Story to follow...
The suspense waiting for the story is worse for the "professional" posters than the story itself, ya TEASE! ;) :D
Guess it makes time for a beer and popcorn run :D

cola
02-21-2005, 01:30 PM
JUST POST IT

OutCole'd
02-21-2005, 01:59 PM
Ok i'll start writing, it will take me a while, but it is raining... If I offend anyone "i'm sorry" ahead of time...
I'm not a whiner or ranter either.
Some might read it and say whats the big deal but, to me it was a big deal and at the time i couldn't believe what was happening...
Story to follow...
What the hell, do you type with your toes?? It's slow at work, I need something to read... :D

Jrocket
02-21-2005, 02:10 PM
Hell of a story,did you buy a boat yet?

NastyOne
02-21-2005, 02:11 PM
Just jumping in without reading what everyone has to say.
This is a bum deal and they should buy the boat back from you... but you have to ask yourself what kind of retard you are for soaking up their lame story about how the boat got that many hours on it. :rolleyes:
Just my .02 but I still feel like you got cheated and would try to make them take the boat back.

OGShocker
02-21-2005, 02:33 PM
Making the rounds one day ...
A week later in the mail came a check for $1,500.00 form Laser Boats...
Good post!!
I have one question.
Is your screen name really BE TIT BIG? :eek: :D
Welcome to the JUNGLE!
OGS

cc322
02-21-2005, 02:45 PM
When I was looking for my first boat I saw Laser at the 2000 LA boat show,they told me thay were a offset of Essex boats which I thought was ok because Essex was a solid boat, and that one of the brothers (Steve) was running Laser. This was a brand new company and were willing to make a deal to get the company going, plus at that time they were in my price range for my first new custom boat. We made a deal and left a 1,500 deposit, here comes the catch I told them I needed to sell my waverunners first before I could take on the boat payment, plus I think it would have taken 6 weeks to make my boat anyways.. Back then the boat show was enjoying summer like tempatures and on the day I went to take my skis into the trader it rained for like 3 weeks strait. Anyhow I kept getting calls from Steve telling me he needs more money to start production of my boat, and I told him that I will not start production on my boat till my skis sell, he gave me two more weeks and said If I dont have more money I will have to raise the price of the boat by 2000.00. WTF we had a deal allready. Well the skis finally sold in may the boat show was in feburary, and I called Laser and talked to Steve to start production and he said I cant sell you the boat for the price we agreed on, It will cost you 2000.00 more bad business imo so we argued and he said It wouldnt be fair to sell the boat to you for less then what the new customers are paying, I said where were those customers a few months ago? none the less I asked for my deposit back and he said ok. The point is even though I didnt like the idea of Laser raising the price imo It was just bad business I fill he could have ment me in the middle somewhere because I would have paid a little more but the attitude was take it or leave it so I left it. I still fill Laser makes a good boat for the price but didnt like the way they went about my particular situation. On the other hand I have been so happy with my purchase esperience and the quaility of my Lavey. I guess its buyer beware at least with some mfg's

Essex502
02-21-2005, 02:50 PM
Kind of a big move from a 21/22/23' Laser/Essex to a 28' Eliminator Eagle, eh? Found lots of dough in the mattress or did that credit score suddenly improve?

Havasu Hangin'
02-21-2005, 03:07 PM
Oh and my gambling problem...
We know about the gambling problem...
...after all, you did buy a boat.
:supp:

Essex502
02-21-2005, 03:17 PM
550 FICO or 728 - which is it?
LOL, As many people who own their own business know, no matter how smart you think you are, or what deals you've got done or working, we get paid last...
I've been through it all, and that's no joke. All utilities turned off, 3 months behind on the house, repo man waiting for my car when i got home (what's that funny looking tow truck in front of my house?) But in the end it has worked out.
Started my business 13 years ago bought 1st house 12 years ago, drive from Elsinore to OC everyday (F'n 91) and up until the last two years it's been tough. Not able to refi and jump on the band wagon like everyone else and live la vida loca, but now 728 FICO and starting to enjoy, because i have strugled and i'm here...

RiverDave
02-21-2005, 03:18 PM
LOL, As many people who own their own business know, no matter how smart you think you are, or what deals you've got done or working, we get paid last...
I've been through it all, and that's no joke. All utilities turned off, 3 months behind on the house, repo man waiting for my car when i got home (what's that funny looking tow truck in front of my house?) But in the end it has worked out.
Started my business 13 years ago bought 1st house 12 years ago, drive from Elsinore to OC everyday (F'n 91) and up until the last two years it's been tough. Not able to refi and jump on the band wagon like everyone else and live la vida loca, but now 728 FICO and starting to enjoy, because i have strugled and i'm here...
Best post I think I've ever read on this board.. LOL :D Gives us other check to check'ers something to look forward too. ;)
RD

OGShocker
02-21-2005, 03:23 PM
:rollside: Oh, try this... :rollside: (http://www.nati.org/)

2sand2
02-21-2005, 03:27 PM
We know about the gambling problem...
...after all, you did buy a boat.
:supp:
LMAO :D
Aint that the truth....

OutCole'd
02-21-2005, 03:29 PM
Type that with your toes...
:D :D

ROZ
02-21-2005, 04:02 PM
550 FICO or 728 - which is it?
My guess it that the 550 was a while back.....

a catered life
02-21-2005, 06:02 PM
No not yet. I'm actually buying a 28 Eliminator Eagle this weekend.
buy it buy it buy it join the elite :D

Essex502
02-22-2005, 07:29 AM
My guess it that the 550 was a while back.....
Sounds like his story was from a while back too as he prefaced the story that the 550 was the cause of his not being able to finance with BofA. You don't move a FICO overnight so I am curious as to how long ago this actually occurred. I thought Laser boats has only been around since 2001 but I may be mistaken. That was when I first talked to Ron and Steve about there venture with Laser.

UnionJack
02-22-2005, 07:32 AM
I would try to give it back, or get more cash.... That really sucks F-mmmm

Lake Ape
04-06-2005, 08:14 AM
What ever happened with this? Any Updates?

Essex502
04-06-2005, 08:19 AM
What ever happened with this? Any Updates?
I've heard from several VERY reliable sources that this was all bull$hit.