PDA

View Full Version : Christmas at Disneyland

Cas
10-04-2004, 06:31 PM
We've decided to do something different this year for the kids at Christmas. Instead of buying a butt load of presents that they love to open but then forget what they got, we're going to take them to Disneyland for a few days.
Anyone have any experiences with the hotels within a block of the main entrance? We were thinking about just staying at the Disneyland Hotel but 2 rooms for 4 days is a bit pricey......gotta have some boat funds left :D

FRENCHIE
10-04-2004, 06:33 PM
too dam busy...went day after last year!!!! never again!! :rolleyes: :yuk:

Cas
btw, last time I was there, Pirates of the Carribean was just completed :jawdrop:

Cas
plan is the 17th thru the 21st

FRENCHIE
10-04-2004, 06:34 PM
btw, last time I was there, Pirates of the Carribean was just completed :jawdrop:
holy hell!!! :coffeycup :D

FOURQ
10-04-2004, 06:37 PM
plan on a butt load of pepole there.... :sqeyes: .

Cas
10-04-2004, 06:37 PM
is the matterhorn still there? or how about that submarine?
I remember my favorite ride being the tea cups :rollside:

riverbound
10-04-2004, 06:43 PM
is the matterhorn still there? or how about that submarine?
I remember my favorite ride being the tea cups :rollside:
Matterhorn is currently being renovated and the submarines were shut down a few years ago.

Kachina26
10-04-2004, 06:43 PM
I bet you remember when God invented dirt!!!!

Cas
10-04-2004, 06:49 PM
I bet you remember when God invented dirt!!!!
not the dirt but the weeds I remember well

Kindsvater Flat
10-04-2004, 06:52 PM
Cas.....
I took Taylor the week before thanksgiving one year. We got there on a monday and it didn't get crowded until thursday. Weds was make a wish day and I ended up more depressed than anything.
We stayed at the rat trap behind the Denny's across the street from the gate. Walked there in 10 minutes.

Mtg Pro
10-04-2004, 07:04 PM
Check the Hilton Suites about a mile away and they have a shuttle

JetBoatRich
10-04-2004, 07:10 PM
WOW!hey do they stil have the a,b,c e tickets? :D JUST MESS'N WITH YA :D
the ticket thing was fun :yuk: you always ended up with the ones nobody wanted :yuk:

SHAKEN Not Stirred
10-04-2004, 07:14 PM
Try the "Extended Stay" on Katella at the 57 fwy. It's new and only a few minutes from D-land. I think it's in the City of Orange.
CJG
:cool:

unleashed
10-04-2004, 07:15 PM
The year before last we bought our inlaws and there family 3 rooms at the Grand hotel. We also got one for ourselves. It was a little pricey but worth it. The hotel and Disneyland during christmas time is amazing and at night Santa tells the kids stories by the fireplace in the hotel lobby. Best of all downtown disney is outside one of the doors and there are numerous bars and restaurants for some after Disney adult fun. House of Blues is fun for the adults and Rain Forest cafe for the kids. The hotel also has a heated pool for a winter dip and guests could enter Disney through the back door. Just my 2 cents but the place is alot cleaner than when you probably visited. Goodluck and have fun. Oh and lastly like everyone said before its definitly to damn crowded but hey when your a kid that doesnt matter.
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:

shueman
10-04-2004, 07:47 PM
The Grand Hotel is really nice.....
For a "fun look" back in time, visit Yesterland (http://www.yesterland.com/)

Cas
10-04-2004, 07:54 PM
Deano,
We looked into that but it's all sold out for those dates. Seeing that, we knew D-land was going to be crowded. As was said previously, my wife and I might not like the crowds but since the kids have never been there, it won't matter all that much....I hope
thanks for the responses so far.

RiverForUs
10-04-2004, 08:41 PM
Try the "Extended Stay" on Katella at the 57 fwy. It's new and only a few minutes from D-land. I think it's in the City of Orange.
CJG
:cool:
...is that it's across the freeway from HOOTERS!!!

Some Kind Of Monster
10-04-2004, 08:43 PM
I really wish that my parents would have taken me places instead of all the throw away gifts that I got. I can't remember what gifts I got last Christmas, but the places that we did go to I will remember forever.

likeFATHERlikeSON3
10-04-2004, 09:35 PM
best western cheap and decent. :D

ROZ
10-04-2004, 10:24 PM
The kids will love th eChristmas parade, the fireworks, and the fake snow. They blow tiny foam particles throughout the park. it's pretty cool. My daughter loves it :)

Sherpa
10-05-2004, 06:13 AM
as a kid one of my favorite rides were the little boats....... (gee, wonder why)
and ever since I always wondered where they went........... now I see they
went away for toon town.................... arg. a mecca for MILFs, but the
attraction itself is kinda lame.
--Sherpa

spectratoad
10-05-2004, 06:19 AM
CAS, We went last year for Thanksgiving, Me, Ty and my dad and all the kids etc.... We just took the motorhomes and a couple of tow vehicles and had a blast. The RV park was about a mile from the park and they had a shuttle that would take you. Hit Universal Studios on the way home, better than D'land IMO. That is an option though.

Cas
10-05-2004, 07:21 AM
Todd,
We thought about the motorhome thing but decided to make this a real memorable trip, the kids have never been on a plane. We're using a bunch of our frequent flyer miles to LA and then borrowing my sister in law's car. So far, it looks like we'll probably be staying at the Ramada with their "tropical" pool area.
I'd also like to hit Universal Studios, another place I've never been.
Roz,
I've heard about all that, sounds like it'll be a bunch of fun! :)