PDA

View Full Version : What kind of spider is this?

THOR
10-04-2004, 07:09 PM
I took a pic of this and it doesnt look good.
Anyone know about this (http://www.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=54833&size=big&password=&sort=1&thecat=) spider?

Kilrtoy
10-04-2004, 07:15 PM
its the kinda spider that you want to stay clear of

riverbound
10-04-2004, 07:17 PM
Looks like the kind that would get shot with a BB gun. or sprayed with aqua net and a lighter. Its funny to watch them running while on fire. :D

THOR
10-04-2004, 07:19 PM
its the kinda spider that you want to stay clear of
I ran through a web the other night and damn near gave me a heart attack. My wife thought I was doing the African anteater dance. (what movie?)

ahhell
10-04-2004, 07:29 PM
That one looks to be in need of brake parts cleaner and a match :crossx: :crossx:

Slib77
10-04-2004, 07:35 PM
I would have shat myself.

wantacat
10-04-2004, 07:47 PM
yea it is a garden spider. I run into those things all day long at my part time job. sucks i always look out for those because their huge and have big webs. i think they come out when it starts to get cold. You will start seeing them more and more as it gets colder.

THOR
10-04-2004, 08:01 PM
So they arent dangerous?

OutCole'd
10-04-2004, 08:02 PM
Looks like a California Barking Spider to me.

JetBoatRich
10-04-2004, 08:06 PM
I hear that they can stink :yuk:

THOR
10-04-2004, 08:07 PM
Stay out of this Bill. :hammer2:

kevnmcd
10-04-2004, 09:01 PM
I ran through a web the other night and damn near gave me a heart attack. My wife thought I was doing the African anteater dance. (what movie?)
What a pu$$y! :D ;) :boxingguy

Roxysnow
10-04-2004, 09:22 PM
can't buy me love.

coolchange
10-04-2004, 09:53 PM
"Hey look! It's the African Ant Eater Ritual!!"
CAN'T BUY ME LOVE

alfonzo
10-04-2004, 10:13 PM
I find those things in Santa Barbara at Bling Blings house, I ran into one right in the face, Its was dark and my good buddy Bling didn't bother to tell me it was there. :2purples: :hammerhea

ROZ
10-04-2004, 10:14 PM
We had a bunch of those outside our office, and they were HUGE(the knocklehead spider) ! While the training department was on break, one of the sales guys found them. He demonstrated how they bounce their web back and fourth. He is an amature spider catcher or something. So anyway, he somehow got the spider to crawl up his arm! We all freaked and he laughed. My guess is that they are probably not lethal, but could be dangerous to someone who's alergic to bees...
As far as the dance(THOR's spider pic).. Last weekend I ran into a web and the friggen thing stuck to my face! Thankfully the pool was right there. I jumped in asap with my arms a flailing...lol

wsuwrhr
10-04-2004, 10:43 PM
Carb cleaner works well on all models of spiders. You don't even need flame to muedicate them.
Spiders, wasps, bees, best remedy.
Brian

Froggystyle
10-04-2004, 10:58 PM
Can't buy me love...
Damn... I just checked back and everyone got that one.

XtrmWakeborder
10-04-2004, 11:46 PM
ahh reminds me when i brought back a scorpion from the dezert on accident..i set my bag down on the floor in my room and he crawled right for me. I jumped so high i almost hit my head on my ceiling fan lol...this was after being stung by one in parker a month before, god i hate those things.

THOR
10-05-2004, 06:37 AM
Good job on the movie fellas.

H.B. Brett
10-05-2004, 07:44 AM
I live behind Meadowlark Golf Course in Huntington Beach, and our place is loaded with them. :yuk: I actually walked through a web on Sunday carrying a dishwasher down the side of the house. I didn't think much of it as the spiders seem to be elsewhere during the day...... this one must have been sleeping in I quess cause he bit into my neck and I dropped the dishwasher. It spider was probably an inch or so in diameter. It was a pretty good bite but nothing long lasting. I hate those things. Everynight they spring up new webs between the house and my truck. :frown: Thankfully the dishwasher was the old one! :cool:

dave186
10-05-2004, 07:56 AM
last friday i was greasing the chassis on a four wheeler here in the shop and this big ass spider came crawing out from under a tire right for me. i flew up off the floor and grabbed the MAPP torch. when i got back to roast the thing, there were tons of little babies crawling all around it. I fried em all!! :devil:

Rev. Williams
10-05-2004, 08:47 AM
Last weekend I ran into a web and the friggen thing stuck to my face! Thankfully the pool was right there. I jumped in asap with my arms a flailing...lol
That wasn't a WEB all over your face :sqeyes: :D :sqeyes: :supp:

1978 Rogers
10-05-2004, 10:24 AM
Can't buy me love. Back in the 80's.

MsDrmr
10-05-2004, 10:26 AM
why does it matter what kind it is, it's a spider, stay away from the damn thing or kill it.....it aint no friend

rrrr
10-05-2004, 10:27 AM
We have those huge garden spiders at our lake house. I catch big grasshoppers and toss 'em in the web for a snack. When my friends have their kids out there, the kids go around the property feeding all the spiders.
They love watching the spider wrap up the grasshopper and chowin' down.... :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

mirvin
10-05-2004, 10:37 AM
I got those bad boys camped out in my front yard and back yard right now!! I got these long ass porches in the front and back of my house and those things love setting up camp there.
There about the size of a quarter right now. :2purples: I mean the body is the size of a quarter:notam:
mirvin :cry:

Mr.Havasu
10-05-2004, 10:58 AM
It's the kind of spider you step on first and ask questions later :hammerhea

AquaBoogie
10-05-2004, 11:56 AM
I have one of those in a jar sitting on my desk right now. Brought it in to work to identify. Caught it in my back yard last weekend. The damn thing had a web running from my garage, over my boat and to my neighbors patio. Looked like it was out to catch a bird. This thing is freakin huge. About 1 1/2 inch diameter.

eliminatedsprinter
10-05-2004, 12:25 PM
I took a pic of this and it doesnt look good.
Anyone know about this (http://www.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=54833&size=big&password=&sort=1&thecat=) spider?
I haven't read all the posts, so someone else may have answered this. From the pic you posted I would say it is most likely a Golden Garden Spider.

91nordic29
10-05-2004, 12:31 PM
:eek: my ex hubby used to say that all the time. LOL

91nordic29
10-05-2004, 12:41 PM
i dont have any idea what movie thats from but it sure is a funny picture in my head!!! :D :D i would have had a heart attack! :sqeyes:

Keith E. Sayre
10-05-2004, 01:02 PM
About 2 years ago I was reaching into a ski locker box in the floor of a 25'
Daytona to clean out the stuff left in it and I felt a prick in my arm. Then I
saw a little spider haulin fanny towards the front end. I kept telling myself
that the little prick feeling was just a strand of fiberglass. Within an hour,
my arm had a lump the size of golf ball on it. Super painful and black lines
where my veins were in my arm. I went to the emergency room and they
said it was a "brown recluse" spider. They put me on some horse--pill sized
antibiotics and about 2 weeks later it exploded and some of the nastiest looking brown stuff like puss came oozing out. It was gross but better than
any zit that I had ever seen!
Needless to say, I don't reach into anybodys ski locker box without looking
first and if the boat has been sitting very long, I throw a bug bomb in the
day before I uncover it. Not a bad idea! I hate spiders.
Remember Jim Staffords song--I can't stand spiders and snakes. Me neither!
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
Lake Havasu City
928-680-1400

Ziggy
10-05-2004, 02:24 PM
We've all done it--kinda like the Elephant and mouse syndrome.

Misogynist
10-05-2004, 03:29 PM
Anyone see any pictures of the "camel spiders" in Iraq?... they are about as big as a soldier's helmet... freaking huge!........ :eek:

Misogynist
10-05-2004, 03:42 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6301 Here is a picture of one having a mouse for lunch..... :jawdrop:

rrrr
10-05-2004, 04:20 PM
Here is a picture of one having a mouse for lunch..... :jawdrop:
Hooooooooly Sheeit!!!!!
That's fookin gruesome! One more reason to stay the h3ll away from the Middle East... :yuk: :jawdrop:

MsDrmr
10-05-2004, 04:24 PM
thats just nasty (eww got shivers)