PDA

View Full Version : noise level in parker

BADASS38CHEVY
10-04-2004, 09:11 PM
has anyone had problems with noise level problems in parker? how are the patrols cops ther with loud boats ?

plaster dave
10-04-2004, 09:48 PM
I have had no problems.

Beautiful Noise
10-04-2004, 09:53 PM
No Problems so far this year...............Knock on Wood :idea:

76BARRON
10-04-2004, 11:53 PM
Not so much as trouble but did get inspected.
bb chevy w/headers and basset baffles no water was tested at 89db
at about 3000 rpm . law is or will be 86 db iwas told to keep it down.
no ticket as of yet! I will add water by next year to help.
MAKE NO MISTAKE ,THEY ARE/WILL BE GETTING VERY SERIOUS ABOUT NOISE!
IF YOU HAVE A HIGH PERFORMANCE LOOKING BOAT YOU WILL BE TESTED!!
SOONER OR LATER! AND MAYBE MORE THAN ONCE A DAY OR WEEKEND!

BADBLOWN572
10-05-2004, 01:13 AM
They are getting VERY serious about the noise. I have been pulled over before and they were really cool about it. They let me go with a notice that I needed to put the boat on the trailer until I get a new set of mufflers. I also know quite a few people who have gotten tickets for noise in Parker. Kind of depends on how loud your boat is. I got extremely lucky. I was told that I am "well over 100db's" at 2400rpm and over 90 at idle. Just be cool and I don't think any problems. They are mainly looking for the guy who is running straight zoomies and is being an idiot. Be cool, don't be obnoxiously loud, and you should be fine.

jackpunx
10-05-2004, 07:53 AM
I got tested.. 100.2.. But no ticket.. He was just curious what my set up was running so that he could match it to other boats as a reference .. If you run at night.. or drive unsafely.. your going to get a ticket.. and kicked off the river..
so far.. I run during the day.. and stay cool around boat traffic and cops..
and I have had good luck

MRS FLYIN VEE
10-05-2004, 07:55 AM
we don't have mufflers yet.. should we leave the boat in Havasu and hitch a ride. :confused: :)

jackpunx
10-05-2004, 07:59 AM
we don't have mufflers yet.. should we leave the boat in Havasu and hitch a ride. :confused: :)
Your fine.. As long as you have A DD.. :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
10-05-2004, 08:00 AM
Your fine.. As long as you have A DD.. :D
well we know who that is.. LOL!! ;)

MudPumper
10-05-2004, 08:04 AM
The Parker Cops are way cool about this stuff as long as you are cool with them. I belive they are just warning people as of now but I'm sure that will change. As long as you are making an attempt to quit your boat you shouldn't have issues. BoatCop can tell us how they are handling the noise up there. Allen where are you?? :sleeping: :wink:

MRS FLYIN VEE
10-05-2004, 08:05 AM
we are in the process of getting mufflers . but can't find any to fit the 29'. :frown:

Huckleberry
10-05-2004, 09:45 AM
I was stopped by BoatCop earlier this year for something that was not noise related. He was very cool. Could he have written me a cite for noise, you bet. Did he, Nope. The L/E on Parker appears to treat boaters the way they treat the cops. Be respectful and cool with them, and it will come back at ya.

Jordy
10-05-2004, 10:00 AM
The L/E on Parker appears to treat boaters the way they treat the cops. Be respectful and cool with them, and it will come back at ya.
As long as you're dealing with Parker L/E and not San Bernadino. Those guys are dicks, no matter how nice you are to them.

Mr.Havasu
10-05-2004, 10:08 AM
I'm thinking we sold Grusome Twosome just in the nick of time....GOOD LUCK TO THE GUY WHO BOUGHT HER! She will never pass I don't care what kind of mufflers you put on her. Hope he likes boating in the ocean :yuk:

Jordy
10-05-2004, 10:09 AM
I'm thinking we sold Grusome Twosome just in the nick of time....GOOD LUCK TO THE GUY WHO BOUGHT HER! She will never pass I don't care what kind of mufflers you put on her. Hope he likes boating in the ocean :yuk:
That's funny. How are you guys doing anyway? :D

Ziggy
10-05-2004, 10:16 AM
I'm guessing that they will enforce more unilaterally once the new standards are in place between both States beginning in the new year---right now they seem to be just checking for the most part....except the dildo's in the LHCmarina.

Krazy K
10-05-2004, 10:46 AM
Wow, I'm so glad I live up here now! Sure, our boating season is MUCH shorter, but we don't have regs on noise (granted, we don't have the amount of performance boats you do) and we pay only anout $3-5 to launch. I could not live with all the regs CA is putting on you!!

Mr.Havasu
10-05-2004, 10:50 AM
That's funny. How are you guys doing anyway? :D
Doing well!
Looking at a project boat- Actually thinking about a couple of beaters to get around the noise problems...But then they will probably make a new ordinance against pollution problems :yuk:

Jordy
10-05-2004, 11:07 AM
Doing well!
Looking at a project boat- Actually thinking about a couple of beaters to get around the noise problems...But then they will probably make a new ordinance against pollution problems :yuk:
I've got a nice 21' Schiada that would make a great project boat, and it's pretty quiet to boot. :wink:

Mr.Havasu
10-05-2004, 11:19 AM
I've got a nice 21' Schiada that would make a great project boat, and it's pretty quiet to boot. :wink:
We are actually looking at a 2005 30' Liberator with no power. Thinking about 2 or 3 :idea: 300x's or just one bad ass big block (with a number 6 and mufflers :mix: ). Anyway if we pick up the hull this month it will take us the better part of a year to put her together :messedup: .
So why are you thinking of selling the schiada already?

76BARRON
10-05-2004, 11:27 AM
Good luck on the ocean! It's those marina's, you know the places that "WERE" USED TO PARK BOAT'S? NOW PEOPLE ARE LIVING IN THOSE BOAT'S . It's those people that started complaining about the noise a few years back(to hard to watch TV & sleep?)anyway that's were all this noise stuff started! Now it's state wide. Just an F.Y.I.