PDA

View Full Version : Collecting donations for Cale at ATTDR

DryHeatOnly
10-06-2004, 10:27 PM
Many of you met or know KPHayes from Chicago. This is the guy who drives out each year from Chicago for OP6. This year Kyle and Deana brought another couple, Cale & Amy to Lake Havasu for OP6. If any of you met Cale and Amy, you know they are great people. They share a love of boating like we all do, and they had a great time in LHC.
Unfortunately Cale has cancer and yesterday at 28 years old, they had to amputate his leg. Today I was told that the leg had to be removed too far up to allow him to wear a prosthetic leg.
I would like to get Cale into the 21st century when he returns home from the hospital by giving him a computer, so that he can get online with all of us.
If anyone is interested in donating to this guys recovery effort, please PM me or KPHayes. We are not looking to make him rich, all we need is enough for a nice computer. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.
Rich
Just a reminder that as Beaumont's Dept. of ***boatER ASSISTANCE, I'll be collecting donations this Saturday during the "Almost to the Dam Run" for Cale on behalf of that little town we all love... BEAUMONT!!!!
BRING CASH OR CHECKS AND LET'S RUN IT HARD WITH DONATIONS!!!
I'll also accept donations from peeps who do not consider themselves part of BEAUMONT but want to contribute :cool:
I will be logging each donation. I'll post every donor's name and the total amount we collected. I'll forward the monies to KPHayes on Monday. :cool:
Here's the link (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59234)
DHO.

essexjet
10-06-2004, 10:47 PM
Any news on Cale. I think I read that someone was going to video him getting the computer or money and post it. Any word on that. Just wondering

DryHeatOnly
10-06-2004, 11:12 PM
KPHayes can keep us in the loop. ;)

DryHeatOnly
10-07-2004, 08:32 AM
Bump :)

racecar.hotshoe
10-07-2004, 08:44 AM
Bump :)Bring a big cash bucket...... :D

Big_Gunz_
10-07-2004, 08:46 AM
I'm not a member of the BEAUMONT crew, but I'll be bringing some extra cash for you. :smile: :cool: :D

DryHeatOnly
10-07-2004, 10:27 AM
Thanks Big Gunz. This really is for all ***boat members who attend the ATTDR and want to help out, not just Beaumont peeps. I believe many HBer's have already sent contributions. :cool:

Scream
10-07-2004, 11:02 AM
So how about us poor bastards that can't attend ATTDII, how can we participate?
Scream

DryHeatOnly
10-07-2004, 11:57 AM
So how about us poor bastards that can't attend ATTDII, how can we participate?
Scream
Scream - there's 2 other ways. you can send it directly to KPHayes (Kyle) or mail me a check. A couple other members are doing this already. PM if you want my address.
Here's the info on how to send it to KPHayes....
Thank you to everyone for your support. After speaking to Kyle (KPHayes) it seems the easiest way to handle the donations is to have them all sent direct to Kyle. Kyle will then go buy the computer, deliver it to Cale, and post a video for everyone to see. We decided against using Pay Pal only because they do take a percentage of every donation. Please make the checks payable to "Kyle Hayes". The address that you can send your donations to is listed below. Please include your screen name in the envelope so we know who is donating. Cale will have lots of time on his hands to write everyone Thank You notes. Please PM me or Kyle if you have any questions.
Fabric Images
Attn: Kyle Hayes
300 Corporate Drive
Elgin, ILL 60123
Rich

DryHeatOnly
10-07-2004, 05:44 PM
Bump it for Primetime ;)