PDA

View Full Version : A Pat on the Back for Rex Marine

Keith E. Sayre
10-08-2004, 12:53 PM
It seems like we always get on the computer websites and blast a competitor whenever we think there's a problem or that someone has wronged us.
Unfortunately, we aren't quite as quick with the "thanks" and the "pats on the back" for a job well done.
Well here's one! The other day Mike at Rex Marine offered to send us a
set of mufflers. He had seen my post about testing several sets and of
course I accepted his offer to try a set of theirs for free. Yesterday the mufflers get here and it appeared that we would be paying for them COD. Or at least we thought we had paid for them. Since I was dissappointed about being offered the mufflers on a test and trial basis--then being forced to immediately write a check for them--I sent a quick note to Mike at Rex Marine. I told him what had happened and figured that would be the end of it.
Boy was I wrong! Within 5 minutes I was receiving a phone call and an email
apologizing and trying to explain what someone over there at Rex had done.
I accepted the apology and figured that was the end of it. Boy was I wrong!
Then a phone call and an email explaining that there was a bit of concern that
the truck driver could have scammed us for the money so could we double
check to be sure that we did actually give the truck driver a check or not.
Then there was another phone call about the mufflers themselves. Then this
morning there is another email once again apologizing for their error--if in fact
they really made one and once again offering to send us a check for the amount of the mufflers to offset the check that we supposedly had written.
I couldn't believe the follow up work that was taking place right in front of me.
As luck would have it, the Ups driver didn't accept our payment although
she originally had asked for it. We were 100% wrong to say that we had
given UPS the check and I think the only blameless people involved are the
ones from Rex Marine! This is what I call good custoer service.
Mike and the other friendly people at Rex Marine-- my hat is off to you folks.
Thanks again for the mufflers and especially for showing that you care!
Keith Sayre
Conquest GBpoats

That Guy
10-08-2004, 12:57 PM
That is a great story and I would be happy to tell you of my wonderful experience with Rex Marine once they send me my free mufflers... :D :D
j/k, nice job.

robt
10-08-2004, 01:02 PM
Keith what was the rpm drop with the rex kit?, also how far did they drop your db readings?
rob

Havasu_Dreamin
10-08-2004, 01:06 PM
Mike and his people over at Rex Marine are great to work with! :cool:

dicudmore
10-08-2004, 01:08 PM
right on! :D

bohica
10-08-2004, 01:12 PM
I want to put a set on my new Conquest. Let me know how they work and ease of installation. If you need a test boat, I'll offer mine up. :D

Rexone
10-08-2004, 01:18 PM
That is a great story and I would be happy to tell you of my wonderful experience with Rex Marine once they send me my free mufflers... :D :D
j/k, nice job.
Thanks Keith just doin our job.
To clarify sbark they're only free till he decides to keep em so don't be callin ups tellin em you didn't get your free set of muffs. :D

malibuken
10-08-2004, 01:24 PM
Thanks Keith just doin our job.
To clarify sbark they're only free till he decides to keep em so don't be callin ups tellin em you didn't get your free set of muffs. :D
Would ya look at that, not only are they givin free muff but a set of em ta boot. Are they twins or just two of a kind? :D :D
I think it is great that Keith posted this. As stated before, you hardly ever hear the good stuff about people, nice to know Rex is standing behind their company. I for one will do business with them because of the rep. :)

OGShocker
10-08-2004, 01:26 PM
I'm still looking for my free catalog.. :D

superdave013
10-08-2004, 01:27 PM
I've heard of "no muff to tuff" and I guess there is "some muffs that's to tuff to get" but I've never heard of "free muff" (well maybe there was back in the '70's). lol Muff always seems to cost me somethin. :D
BTW, Rex rocks and has always treated me fantastic.

CrazyHippy
10-08-2004, 01:29 PM
Hell I'm still waiting for him to build a muffler to fit my motor...
I'll give props when they are due, till then... Where's my Catalog?
BJH :boxed:

Sleek-Jet
10-08-2004, 01:31 PM
You might be able to gets muffs there, but no epoxee puddy. :D
LOL
Seriously, Rex marine is outstanding to deal with.

Rexone
10-08-2004, 01:32 PM
Hell I'm still waiting for him to build a muffler to fit my motor...
We're working on the design of the clamps for the clamp-ons as I type this.
I think I'll change my siggy... Good muffs ain't free and free muffs aint good.
(a little spin on wshuwrhr's sig) :D

CrazyHippy
10-08-2004, 01:41 PM
We're working on the design of the clamps for the clamp-ons as I type this.
:D
They have to be chrome... because chrome adds Horsepower, and then all the chicks will dig me :220v:
BJH

superdave013
10-08-2004, 01:44 PM
Rexon, maybe you could word it like this:
Good muffs ain't free and free muffs aint good (unless they are really drunk). :D

HammerDown
10-08-2004, 02:03 PM
That is a great story and I would be happy to tell you of my wonderful experience with Rex Marine once they send me my free mufflers...
Rex is giving away free stuff :eek: ... :idea: well how about a free catalog. :notam: Sorry Mike...I just had to :p

wsuwrhr
10-08-2004, 09:07 PM
I think I'll change my siggy... Good muffs ain't free and free muffs aint good.
(a little spin on wshuwrhr's sig) :D
Amen Rex.
You are a stand-up guy my book. Too bad I moved so far away from your shop, no more free sodas for wandering around in your showroom.
Brian

summerlove
10-08-2004, 09:51 PM
great story! I have a set o fthe 4" slip ins and they are great. Lost the bolt and Mike had a small bag full at my house the next day - wouldn't accept and money! Don't know if I ever really thankd him or not, so here it is...
I luv ya man! Oh, and thanks again! At least I'm Legal at the marina even if they still won't let me launch!

DaveTic
10-08-2004, 10:23 PM
Rex has great service.
I bought a polished bracket aprox. $175.00 never installed it and two months later decided I wanted a purple one. Called Rex asked if I could exchange it, no problem, ask for purple and am told that it is a non stock color for that bracket but don't worry I have one done up for you and give you a call when its ready, no questions, no receipt, just wants me to get what I want. ThatÂ’s the way it should be! A few weeks go by no phone call, I am looking up the number for Rex going to give them another call figured the forgot about me or blew me off, as I am dialing my secretary tells me theirs a Rex Marine on the phone and your part is ready. How cool. Exchange parts no problem.

MsDrmr
10-08-2004, 10:45 PM
my hats off to you for posting a postive report on a company, your right, we are too quick to feel cheating or wronged today, it's nice to know there are great companines out there. :wink: