PDA

View Full Version : How much do you spend on your kids extra curricular activities??

bunny 166
04-13-2006, 08:39 AM
Mel is dying to cheerlead/compete on a private team....$3500 for the season! How many jobs do I need.... :rolleyes: :cry: How much do you guys pay for extra stuff? I think we'll do it only because she wants it so bad and will make the commitment, not to mention she is really good at it, LOL....

Kilrtoy
04-13-2006, 08:40 AM
here is a few words she needs to learn...
Im sorry but you wont be cheerleading this season...

River918
04-13-2006, 08:40 AM
Mel is dying to cheerlead/compete on a private team....$3500 for the season! How many jobs do I need.... :rolleyes: :cry: How much do you guys pay for extra stuff? I think we'll do it only because she wants it so bad and will make the commitment, not to mention she is really good at it, LOL....
I love your avatar...that's some funny shiat

bunny 166
04-13-2006, 08:41 AM
here is a few words she needs to learn...
Im sorry but you wont be cheerleading this season...
LMAO!! You sound like Darrin....actually, he's seen her and knows she can do it, but DAMN the money is rediculous...

Jbb
04-13-2006, 08:42 AM
As many jobs as it takes......Keep them interested in the good things.....and they wont be as likely to dabble in ...the bad things .....Brown dabbled in the bad things as a youth......look at him now.... :mad:

PHX ATC
04-13-2006, 08:42 AM
Realistically, probably around $3,000 to $4,000 per year (not season, but the entire year) on soccer stuff. This includes, uniforms, league fees, tourney fees, cleats twice or thrice a year for growing little feet, pictures, and all the intangibles.
I'm not including gas costs to get there (practice, games, tourneys), and no food, drink, snacks, or adult beverages for dad either.
Foundation is the best thing you can do for a kid. Especially your own. They could be costing you $15,000 a year in legal fees, jail time, and heartache if you don't keep them busy and focused.
They are learning discipline, teamwork, commitment, and other life lessons while you herd them down the appropriate path.
Keep it up. :)

wright27
04-13-2006, 08:43 AM
Consider yourself lucky. My son's racing cost me about $1500 a month. Lucky for me he is taking a break after a bad crash.

USCFAN
04-13-2006, 08:43 AM
We Spend nothing. There is nothing left after all the money spent on boating! :crossx:

THOR
04-13-2006, 08:44 AM
My little girl is 2 1/2 and she is in dancing, ballet, swimming lessons, I gave Mom a Disneyland pass. It adds up........ :mad:

moneypit
3500?? what the? How about sticking that money in a college fund and telling her that you will get her dance lessons.. Maybe cheaper. These Cheerleading things are becoming more popular and they are getting the price they want!!

PHX ATC
Oh, and don't be a naysayer like Kilr. :D

Kilrtoy
04-13-2006, 08:45 AM
LMAO!! You sound like Darrin....actually, he's seen her and knows she can do it, but DAMN the money is rediculous...
You think im kidding......IM NOT.....
I learned at an early age, that you cant always have what you want, NO MATTER HOW GOOD YOU ARE..... I know it sucks, that that is the facts of life....

Her454
04-13-2006, 08:46 AM
Bunny, the cost is ridiculous, I can relate but you hate to have your kids miss out on that stuff..... . What we did was try and raise the money for the girls, car washes, etc so it wasn't so expensive and they felt good that they helped raise the money.....not to mention the burdon it takes off the parents. There are all kinds of things kids can do for fundraisers and you can even look online for idea's. Just a thought.

Her454
04-13-2006, 08:47 AM
I learned at an early age, that you cant always have what you want, NO MATTER HOW GOOD YOU ARE..... I know it sucks, that that is the facts of life....
No, but they can work for it.....no matter how good you are are what age you are LOL.

Havasu_Dreamin
04-13-2006, 08:50 AM
I think that is a very important life lesson that kids today need to learn. I'm not saying that any of you do this, but too many kids today think everything just gets handed to them. This philosophy really sets them up for a shock when they get older and realize that nothing is handed to you without effort.

hoolign
04-13-2006, 08:53 AM
Why not approach the cheerleading oganazation ( or whatever the hell you call it) and see if you can make a few installments rather than a lump sum payment? or take a low interest loan, credit line? just my .02

Jbb
04-13-2006, 08:54 AM
poke the bunny.... :smile:

MR HARLEY
04-13-2006, 08:56 AM
Such a nice mommie :)
The Harley family is willing to donate and help out the cause if available.

Kilrtoy
04-13-2006, 08:57 AM
Such a nice mommie :)
The Harley family is willing to donate and help out the cause if available.
She is not looking for that kinda donation, and anyways Im further in line than you are for that type of assistance.... :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

bunny 166
04-13-2006, 08:59 AM
Thanks for all the input...glad to see some of you are worse off than me, LOL...These next two years are big for her, 7th and 8th grade....I think I want her to keep busy and have responsibilities...junior high is such a tough age, but she is so excited to go to 7th grade in the fall. She wants to cheer in High School, and if she doesn't have a back handspring and a back tuck, she is not even eligible to try out. It is so competitive--50 or so trying out for 12 spots. I feel like I need to give her the tools to at least have a chance. How do you think I got into college?? Not by my good grades, LOL... :D
I know club soccer and travel ball cost a ton, too, just wondering for a comparison....$

bunny 166
04-13-2006, 09:01 AM
She is not looking for that kinda donation, and anyways Im further in line than you are for that type of assistance.... :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:
OMG!!! LMAO....Thanks Craig...The money thing we can swing, but man I could do alot with the money, like buy D a bike...He always puts everyone else first...ALWAYS

MR HARLEY
04-13-2006, 09:02 AM
You sure are :p
How do you think I got into college?? Not by my good grades
I figured it was your good looks :)

JB in so cal
04-13-2006, 09:05 AM
Thanks for all the input...glad to see some of you are worse off than me, LOL...These next two years are big for her, 7th and 8th grade....I think I want her to keep busy and have responsibilities...junior high is such a tough age, but she is so excited to go to 7th grade in the fall. She wants to cheer in High School, and if she doesn't have a back handspring and a back tuck, she is not even eligible to try out. It is so competitive--50 or so trying out for 12 spots. I feel like I need to give her the tools to at least have a chance. How do you think I got into college?? Not by my good grades, LOL... :D
I know club soccer and travel ball cost a ton, too, just wondering for a comparison....$
How about summer cheer camp? There's a camp for everything else.

bunny 166
04-13-2006, 09:07 AM
How about summer cheer camp? There's a camp for everything else.
She'll be practicing almost all summer for this team if she makes it...try-outs are April 28th...but the competition season runs November through March, so not alot of river time interference... :p :p

bilgewiper
04-13-2006, 09:10 AM
We spend almost 4k per year on a horse for my 14 year old daughter. It's worth every penney to see your kid happy. Anything that gets them off their butt out in the open air and away from the Internet, Xbox, PS2, etc is money well spent in my book.

Mrs.Killer
04-13-2006, 09:15 AM
OMG!!! LMAO....Thanks Craig...The money thing we can swing, but man I could do alot with the money, like buy D a bike...He always puts everyone else first...ALWAYS
That sounds like Miguel, he always puts us first.

bunny 166
04-13-2006, 09:18 AM
Good guys do that.... ;) ;)
Wait, I don't want to ruin his internet rep....KILR is an ass....... :crossx: :D

Boa1277
04-13-2006, 09:20 AM
I will say this way to much, I am dropping at least 750 to 1500 a month on his MX racing right now, come August he start Pop Warner and that gets alot cheaper maybe 2 grand total with the season ending tournament in Vegas or San Diego. Luckily I can do it, I only have 1 kid and I think I get just as much enjoyment out of watching him race, the football thing is something he really likes and I want to mix it up individual and team sports, beside that he can play football in High School, motocross is a very individual sport that not everyone can or will do. Hopefully he is getting the best of all worlds, considering that doesnt include the lake and wakeboarding, the ocean and fishing or 1 or 2 trips to the mountains for a little snowboarding.
Damn I wish I had that good as a kid...LOL

Jbb
04-13-2006, 09:20 AM
Good guys.....lol
I always put a ribbed condom on inside out.....lol...for my pleasure.... :p

GrapeApe
04-13-2006, 09:21 AM
My Brother "BradyBunch" here on the boards, just finished up with his Daughters 1st & Last season of Private Cheer Team. The costs that add up are the Travel, overnight stays, food, drink & Gas. They had competitions in Palm Springs, Vegas, Hollywood, San Diego etc.. It is well over $3500 once you add up all the other expenses... :yuk:

canuck1
04-13-2006, 09:22 AM
3500 for a grade 7 is alot of cash......but wait....... high school is only a few years away and that is waaaaaaaaay more $$$$$$ for you to shell out.
BTW we average about $1000 a month per kid.....be thankfull you don't live in a true four season area

canuck1
04-13-2006, 09:25 AM
We spend almost 4k per year on a horse for my 14 year old daughter. It's worth every penney to see your kid happy. Anything that gets them off their butt out in the open air and away from the Internet, Xbox, PS2, etc is money well spent in my book.
well said

deltarat
04-13-2006, 09:26 AM
Let’s see my daughter does the soccer and soft ball thing and also does gymnastics, so that is a lot of money every year between the three. My son does the guitar thing so you have lessons strings and books, plus at least one new guitar and amp every year. I would say that between the two of them I am in for about 7 to 8 Grand a year. Now through in a wife that hasn’t worked for a few years and her shopping habit and I am totally screwed. Is it worth it hell ya every penny is worth it. What you do for your kids happiness can have no price attached to it. Watching them succeed in their lives is what makes it all worth while.

bunny 166
04-13-2006, 09:28 AM
Thanks everybody!! Nice chattin' with you all...off to work one of my 3 jobs, LOL....I'll check back after 2... :)

MR HARLEY
04-13-2006, 09:29 AM
A Good Man :cool:

havaduner
04-13-2006, 09:31 AM
My Daughter is in Dance, at Studio three nights a week, plus dance team at school, now she just made cheerleading in High School. Worth every penny as far as I am concerned, It will cut in to HER and her MOMS river and dune time, but my schedule is set.
It is expensive, but it keeps her busy, and focused. I have showed her her own report card, (3 A's 2 B's and a C )and explained to her that a young lady with her extra curriculars needed to get that C to a B (at least) and the A's needed to stay, or we would need to adjust what she did out of school. So far it's working.
I didnt get that opportunity when I was younger.

pixrthis
04-13-2006, 09:37 AM
I know club soccer and travel ball cost a ton, too, just wondering for a comparison....$[/QUOTE]
I have a 12 year old daughter who plays club soccer. It's $300 a year for the league and $100 a month for the trainer. This varies from team to team. My daughters also have a couple horses, that's an activity I wish I would of stopped.

UpRiver
04-13-2006, 10:37 AM
Just get her 2 Paper Routes instead of 1 and all of her childhood dreams can come true. :idea:

wsuwrhr
04-13-2006, 10:39 AM
Anything that gets them off their butt out in the open air and away from the Internet,
Fine example you set.
Where is your horse?
Laughs.
My parents gave alot to me, and they didn't give me everything I asked for. But I DID have to do good in school, keep the yards nice, yada yada yada.
So I see what Killer is saying, but you can't keep them away from fun things.
I worked for alot, recycled ours and the nighborhoods cans, mowed yards, watched dogs, had newspaper routes. Stuff like that.
Brian

Kilrtoy
04-13-2006, 10:54 AM
Fine example you set.
Where is your horse?
Laughs.
My parents gave alot to me, and they didn't give me everything I asked for. But I DID have to do good in school, keep the yards nice, yada yada yada.
So I see what Killer is saying, but you can't keep them away from fun things.
I worked for alot, recycled ours and the nighborhoods cans, mowed yards, watched dogs, had newspaper routes. Stuff like that.
Brian
Exactly , I mowed yards , held paper routes. That is alot of cash.....
I think there is more to the story then ya'll see here.
Hey CINDY, I want a outerlimits , BUTY IT FOR ME PLEASE

N2Lake
04-13-2006, 11:03 AM
My oldest daughter is on a private competitive cheer team as well as her HS Varsity Squad. I bitch and moan about it every month when I get the bill for 200 bucks, and then all the extras, uniforms, shirts, yada, yada, yada. However they competed for and won the National Championship in the SR. International Coed division in February, and they travel to Florida next week for a shot at being World Champions. That to her is priceless, and yeah kinda to me too. They will be on TV next week sometime with their National Championship performance, ESPN2 or some sports station, not sure yet. My wife knows though.
Anyway as has been mentioned here already, discipline, teamwork, and most of all in cheer leading drama, lol. They gotta learn to deal with it sometime. Also she is in better shape than she was playing basketball. Pretty amazing stuff they do, especially for a skeptic like me. Surely they let you pay them out on a monthly deal.

HefeRaton
04-13-2006, 11:24 AM
I think that is a very important life lesson that kids today need to learn. I'm not saying that any of you do this, but too many kids today think everything just gets handed to them. This philosophy really sets them up for a shock when they get older and realize that nothing is handed to you without effort.
This is so true. My older son plays travel baseball and that is real expensive. I use to pay for all his equipment, but now if he wants something I make him pay for it, but if it's something he needs I'll pay half. This has worked because now he takes better care of the equipment he has and doesn't ask for much anymore. I'm starting to do the same for my younger boy as well, he plays on 3 hockey teams and that is a very expensive sport. As for my girl the boss(wife) doesn't really tell me what she is spending on all her horse stuff. All in all if I had to add it all up I would probably be able to afford a house in the Keys at Parker.
Well I better get my a** back to work so I can pay for all my kids hobbies.

lucky
04-13-2006, 11:35 AM
You do know that Those cheer boy's really Are not Gay :)

dbleD's69
04-13-2006, 12:07 PM
I so agree with that statement!! I have a 18 (boy) that we bought a truck for when he was 16 that he rolled when he was 17. bought him another one that crashed doing donuts in the parking lot of were he worked. that he then fled the scene. and what did I do later against his dads advice fixed the truck @ which he then crashed it again. so now I am done. does he appreciate it hell NO!!!

THATJEFFGUY
04-13-2006, 12:29 PM
Yeah I'd spend that kinda dough on the kids...cuz just think of all the MILF's I'd get to see at those cheer competitions ! :D

Debbolas
04-13-2006, 12:51 PM
We've spend a BUNCH over the years on our daughters debate career, but it got her into college. I think the most we've spend on a summer camp (at Gonzaga) was $2000 for 4 weeks.
But this is a career for her, she is going into politics or lawyering......it was money well spent.
:D

Captain Dan
04-13-2006, 01:07 PM
Spend as much as you can afford. Keep those kids busy doing constructive things.

Boa1277
04-13-2006, 01:47 PM
I will say this way to much, I am dropping at least 750 to 1500 a month on his MX racing right now, come August he start Pop Warner and that gets alot cheaper maybe 2 grand total with the season ending tournament in Vegas or San Diego. Luckily I can do it, I only have 1 kid and I think I get just as much enjoyment out of watching him race, the football thing is something he really likes and I want to mix it up individual and team sports, beside that he can play football in High School, motocross is a very individual sport that not everyone can or will do. Hopefully he is getting the best of all worlds, considering that doesnt include the lake and wakeboarding, the ocean and fishing or 1 or 2 trips to the mountains for a little snowboarding.
Damn I wish I had that good as a kid...LOL
I will say this my kid gets straight As at a private school, I got straight Ds in public, he deserves everything I give him, I am a very lucky father to have a good kid like Kai.

Phat Matt
04-13-2006, 02:15 PM
We've spend a BUNCH over the years on our daughters debate career, but it got her into college. I think the most we've spend on a summer camp (at Gonzaga) was $2000 for 4 weeks.
But this is a career for her, she is going into politics or lawyering......it was money well spent.
:D
How do you expect to argue with her and win? She is trained and you paid for it. :D

Boa1277
04-13-2006, 02:20 PM
How do you expect to argue with her and win? She is trained and you paid for it. :D
How about the old, " because I said so" line, that one usually goes over great at Harvard. LOL :)

Phat Matt
04-13-2006, 02:22 PM
How about the old, " because I said so" line, that one usually goes over great at Harvard. LOL :)
I would just hold my breath until you said yes. :D

TCHB
04-13-2006, 03:24 PM
Law School $40K

RP1
04-13-2006, 03:49 PM
Ever think about Education first and then cheer, so that she does not end up in twenty years wondering how she can work extra jobs to pay for her daughters hobbies. I agree, it adds up, but it is our responsibilitie to teach them how to make there way in life.... by example of making it yourself!
Just one perspective!

JB in so cal
04-13-2006, 04:06 PM
Ever think about Education first and then cheer, so that she does not end up in twenty years wondering how she can work extra jobs to pay for her daughters hobbies. I agree, it adds up, but it is our responsibilitie to teach them how to make there way in life.... by example of making it yourself!
Just one perspective!
Anything else to say Jackass? You have no idea what this family has provided for thier kids.
And as far as getting an education. It's "teach them how to make THEIR way in life..."
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

SJRS1
04-13-2006, 04:33 PM
my 13 year old son cost me aprox 750..00 per month for hockey include, equipment, leage fees, tourounments and 1 private lesson each week
my 6 year old son cost me aprox 250.00 per month for hockey
my 4 year old daughter cost me 100.00 per month for ice time and figure skating classes

pixilatedpussy
04-13-2006, 05:07 PM
Realistically, probably around $3,000 to $4,000 per year (not season, but the entire year) on soccer stuff. This includes, uniforms, league fees, tourney fees, cleats twice or thrice a year for growing little feet, pictures, and all the intangibles.
I'm not including gas costs to get there (practice, games, tourneys), and no food, drink, snacks, or adult beverages for dad either.
Foundation is the best thing you can do for a kid. Especially your own. They could be costing you $15,000 a year in legal fees, jail time, and heartache if you don't keep them busy and focused.
They are learning discipline, teamwork, commitment, and other life lessons while you herd them down the appropriate path.
Keep it up. :)
Same with us Cindy. Go for it! If she is that good she should keep going! You know how much time, money & energy we put into the boys soccer, baseball & now Andras is playing football. Not to mention the Tae Kwan Do which was 1200.00 for Andras alone.

Miss Jackie
04-13-2006, 05:25 PM
Bun-bun- I say if you can afford it! Go for it! Especially if your baby girl is really good at it. :)

havaduner
04-13-2006, 06:07 PM
my 13 year old son cost me aprox 750..00 per month for hockey include, equipment, leage fees, tourounments and 1 private lesson each week
my 6 year old son cost me aprox 250.00 per month for hockey
my 4 year old daughter cost me 100.00 per month for ice time and figure skating classes
My daughter's first 8 weeks of life cost approx $350,000.00
She turned 15 in December
PRICELESS

Bling Bling
04-13-2006, 08:29 PM
As many jobs as it takes......Keep them interested in the good things.....and they wont be as likely to dabble in ...the bad things .....Brown dabbled in the bad things as a youth......look at him now.... :mad:
Ditto man. Bunny you know where I stand on this hands down. Madison has been swimming for 4 years hard now. About 4 weeks ago she went to a Jo championship meet and not only got high points champion in her age group, but got 3 golds 7 silvers, and 1 bronze. The look on her face when they gave her a trophy for high points was worth the world. She was so proud of her self it was PRICELESS. Just make sure your kid knows in a constructive way what her parents are doing also to get them there. Ever since Madison has committed to swimming everything has improved. Her health, and drive to be the best she can at whatever she does. On a lighter note, you and Darren missed it last weekend. I've never seen so much bowling ball size titties in my life on the sand bar. :D HOLLY COW. Tell Darren hey.

Phat Matt
04-13-2006, 08:36 PM
On a lighter note, you and Darren missed it last weekend. I've never seen so much bowling ball size titties in my life on the sand bar. :D HOLLY COW. Tell Darren hey.
I am getting one of this for next weekend. :)
http://www.countryproshop.com/Accessories/images/DW_Glove.jpg

MrsGHT
04-13-2006, 08:42 PM
Hey you Matt, still in Havi. We had such a great time with you and Jen. You guys are the bomb. Tell Jen she can make my vodkas anytime, she makes 'em just like I like 'em. How was the hangover on Sunday. Mine was the worst. :cry: :D

Phat Matt
04-13-2006, 08:46 PM
Hey you Matt, still in Havi. We had such a great time with you and Jen. You guys are the bomb. Tell Jen she can make my vodkas anytime, she makes 'em just like I like 'em. How was the hangover on Sunday. Mine was the worst. :cry: :D
Hangover? Who knows? I got up and launched. We got off the water around 8pm. :)
Monday on the other hand sucked! :crossx:

Bling Bling
04-13-2006, 08:49 PM
Nice!! Like the 2 you entroduced me to that I had the prevledge to hang with in you and Jens boat all day. I already forgot there names, but I tried like hell to look forward to show respect to her and her husband while we were rolling down the river. Unlike ALF. :D

Mrs.Killer
04-13-2006, 09:09 PM
My daughter's first 8 weeks of life cost approx $350,000.00
She turned 15 in December
PRICELESS
Yeah, im sure if her daughter was sick it would not be an issue...but she is not. We are talking about a sport not an illness.

ThongMagnet
04-13-2006, 09:21 PM
If you really loved your kid, you'd find her a better, but less expensive camp. For $3500, you could buy off the judges and skip the camp. Maybe that is what you are doing indirectly :rolleyes:

Kilrtoy
04-13-2006, 09:30 PM
Just one perspective!
OUCH!
Cindy as much as this hurts and may even be a little rude...
HE IS RIGHT

Dusty Times
04-13-2006, 09:41 PM
My daughters and now also my five month old son mean the world to me.
They are both in competive gymnastics and a very dedicated to it. As long as they have straight A's and l can afford it they will have every chance to do whatever sport their heart is in 100%.
I would rather my kids be involved in a sport three hours - four nights a week than board and getting in trouble. I do miss a few weekends at the lake when they have gym meets but for all the work they put into it they deserve their time also. The look on the face when they get the metal they worked so hard for is priceless.
As mentioned before. Keep you kids involved in something other than trouble.
Ever heard of a scholarship????
With straight A's and sports it shouldn't be a problem.

IN2-IN2MX
04-13-2006, 09:44 PM
I don't have children yet so what the heck do I know. But my opinion is that if you can afford it, she enjoys it and deserves it then go for it. The important part is balance.
What I mean is some people live wayyyy above their means so they can't/shouldn't. Others give their kids whatever the heck they want and never teach them to earn or work for what they have. And still others put all their time and effort into extra-cirricular avenues but nothing of substance such as education. But if you feel you are setting a good example and helping your kids be as well-rounded as possible then do it girl. :)
There's a reason that universities don't look at grades alone. They look at the overall individual...grades, essay application and extra cirricular activities. :)

bunny 166
04-13-2006, 09:48 PM
Just one perspective!
I agree yours is just one perspective...she sees me working hard to do for her and her brother. What the hell do you do for your kids? F you and your holier than thou attitude...I will work my fingers to the bone for my kids. Her education is already taken care of...I work my jobs to pay for all our fun...gas money, etc...Does your wife work??

bunny 166
04-13-2006, 09:49 PM
Anything else to say Jackass? You have no idea what this family has provided for thier kids.
And as far as getting an education. It's "teach them how to make THEIR way in life..."
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
;) ;)

bunny 166
04-13-2006, 09:51 PM
Same with us Cindy. Go for it! If she is that good she should keep going! You know how much time, money & energy we put into the boys soccer, baseball & now Andras is playing football. Not to mention the Tae Kwan Do which was 1200.00 for Andras alone.
You have always done a ton for your boys...they are great athletes. You have taken time to coach and it is worth it in the long run.... :boxed: :boxed: I think it is gonna be great..... :)

PHX ATC
04-13-2006, 09:52 PM
Do what your gut tells you, despite what everyone here rants and raves about. If it feels right...do it!
You've got to live with yourself and your decision the rest of your life.
What better reward to yourself than to give your kid a lesson, teach her something, let her live life, live an experience, earn respect, learn responsibility, get self confidence, and a myriad of other benefits.
If it's a monetary issue, sit down and talk with her about it. There's a lesson in that too. Life is about learning...I'm still learning every day.
Good luck.

bunny 166
04-13-2006, 09:54 PM
Ditto man. Bunny you know where I stand on this hands down. Madison has been swimming for 4 years hard now. About 4 weeks ago she went to a Jo championship meet and not only got high points champion in her age group, but got 3 golds 7 silvers, and 1 bronze. The look on her face when they gave her a trophy for high points was worth the world. She was so proud of her self it was PRICELESS. Just make sure your kid knows in a constructive way what her parents are doing also to get them there. Ever since Madison has committed to swimming everything has improved. Her health, and drive to be the best she can at whatever she does. On a lighter note, you and Darren missed it last weekend. I've never seen so much bowling ball size titties in my life on the sand bar. :D HOLLY COW. Tell Darren hey.
Thanks Greg!! Tell Madi we said hi and CONGRATULATIONS!!! Our future Olympian?? We sure hope so...Hope you and Cadie are great.... :rollside: :rollside:

Mrs.Killer
04-13-2006, 09:55 PM
Cindy my love, why are you asking for everyones opinions? You are going to do what you want to do anyway.

bunny 166
04-13-2006, 09:58 PM
If you really loved your kid, you'd find her a better, but less expensive camp. For $3500, you could buy off the judges and skip the camp. Maybe that is what you are doing indirectly :rolleyes:
I'm not sure what you mean, buying off judges, but this is a highly competitive school district....She wants to cheer in High school, so I'd like to give her the opportunity....just wondering what others pay for extra curricular stuff....Other cheerleading squads I've looked into are comparable (sp)in price...

bunny 166
04-13-2006, 09:59 PM
OUCH!
Cindy as much as this hurts and may even be a little rude...
HE IS RIGHT
I think I am being a good example by working hard for what I want......

bunny 166
04-13-2006, 10:03 PM
My daughters and now also my five month old son mean the world to me.
They are both in competive gymnastics and a very dedicated to it. As long as they have straight A's and l can afford it they will have every chance to do whatever sport their heart is in 100%.
I would rather my kids be involved in a sport three hours - four nights a week than board and getting in trouble. I do miss a few weekends at the lake when they have gym meets but for all the work they put into it they deserve their time also. The look on the face when they get the metal they worked so hard for is priceless.
As mentioned before. Keep you kids involved in something other than trouble.
Ever heard of a scholarship????
With straight A's and sports it shouldn't be a problem.
I agree....I'd like to keep her busy...7th grade is a big change....Boys are no longer yucky, LOL...Gotta keep that girl working hard... :boxed:

GHT
04-13-2006, 10:04 PM
bunny,
we will all do what we want with our kids. It doesn't matter what people think about how or why you should teach / raise your kids. BUT...... REMEMBER... You did ask peeps opionions on ***boat and now you got them.....
Not everyone is in the position (financially / or other) as you and yours...
This is not the right forum.... SORRY.. :frown: to be so blunt
Love ya,
US..

bunny 166
04-13-2006, 10:05 PM
I don't have children yet so what the heck do I know. But my opinion is that if you can afford it, she enjoys it and deserves it then go for it. The important part is balance.
What I mean is some people live wayyyy above their means so they can't/shouldn't. Others give their kids whatever the heck they want and never teach them to earn or work for what they have. And still others put all their time and effort into extra-cirricular avenues but nothing of substance such as education. But if you feel you are setting a good example and helping your kids be as well-rounded as possible then do it girl. :)
There's a reason that universities don't look at grades alone. They look at the overall individual...grades, essay application and extra cirricular activities. :)
I think I said earlier, that is how I got into college...I made the cheer team and got into school. It was the best thing for me....Thanks Jess.... :)

bunny 166
04-13-2006, 10:07 PM
Do what your gut tells you, despite what everyone here rants and raves about. If it feels right...do it!
You've got to live with yourself and your decision the rest of your life.
What better reward to yourself than to give your kid a lesson, teach her something, let her live life, live an experience, earn respect, learn responsibility, get self confidence, and a myriad of other benefits.
If it's a monetary issue, sit down and talk with her about it. There's a lesson in that too. Life is about learning...I'm still learning every day.
Good luck.
;) ;)

bunny 166
04-13-2006, 10:08 PM
Cindy my love, why are you asking for everyones opinions? You are going to do what you want to do anyway.
Hi hun...I just wanted to know what people spent, LOL.... :boxed:
See you next weekend... :rollside:

IN2-IN2MX
04-13-2006, 10:10 PM
I think I said earlier, that is how I got into college...I made the cheer team and got into school. It was the best thing for me....Thanks Jess.... :)
:)

Wavemaker
04-13-2006, 10:12 PM
Hi Bunny,
Do I sense a future USC Cheerleader in the making? "Fight-On! Go Trojans!!"
"Back To Number One!!!"
I say give the kid's all the love and support they need in the extra cirricular activities they really want to "commit" to. The 7th grade through High School age is a very key time in their lives. Pressure to get good grades, competition to "make the team," get prepared for college, be popular, be fashionable, and on & on, they need the fun times and team activities too. The money is well spent if they have fun and enjoy what they are committed too. Team activities will help make a wide circle friends, and will keep the kids busy so there is little time for trouble making. It will also put demands on your time, transportation and support, extra money and the time spent healing their disappointments along the way. I say do it. It will help the children realize what a great Mom & Dad they have, who love them & support them.
-Wavemaker

bunny 166
04-13-2006, 10:13 PM
bunny,
we will all do what we want with our kids. It doesn't matter what people think about how or why you should teach / raise your kids. BUT...... REMEMBER... You did ask peeps opionions on ***boat and now you got them.....
Not everyone is in the position (financially / or other) as you and yours...
This is not the right forum.... SORRY.. :frown: to be so blunt
Love ya,
US..
I asked what people spent on extra stuff for their kids...wanted to compare sports, etc...it wasn't intended to start arguments...people have no idea who I am or what me and Darrin make in a year...they assume things they don't know....No offense taken. Just trying to see what people spend...Hope to see you guys next weekend out there.... ;) ;)

bunny 166
04-13-2006, 10:17 PM
Hi Bunny,
Do I sense a future USC Cheerleader in the making? "Fight-On! Go Trojans!!"
"Back To Number One!!!"
I say give the kid's all the love and support they need in the extra cirricular activities they really want to "commit" to. The 7th grade through High School age is a very key time in their lives. Pressure to get good grades, competition to "make the team," get prepared for college, be popular, be fashionable, and on & on, they need the fun times and team activities too. The money is well spent if they have fun and enjoy what they are committed too. Team activities will help make a wide circle friends, and will keep the kids busy so there is little time for trouble making. It will also put demands on your time, transportation and support, extra money and the time spent healing their disappointments along the way. I say do it. It will help the children realize what a great Mom & Dad they have, who love them & support them.
-Wavemaker
That is so nice! Long time no see Wavemaker...Hope you and the Mrs. are great...No plans to hit Burbank High with the team this season, but I'll let you know if we're up that way again.... :boxed: :boxed: :boxed:

GHT
04-13-2006, 10:19 PM
I asked what people spent on extra stuff for their kids...wanted to compare sports, etc...it wasn't intended to start arguments...people have no idea who I am or what me and Darrin make in a year...they assume things they don't know....No offense taken. Just trying to see what people spend...Hope to see you guys next weekend out there.... ;) ;)
No Disrespect ment... Lei and I send our boy to Private school and it cost us MUCH money.. All I was saying is... It just didn't seem right to post this issue on HB.. Because everyone (MOST) don't deal with this (your) situation... Just thinking this subject should be kept closer to home.... Because of all the F#CK's Ideas of how you should do your Business.
DON :)

lakewake
04-13-2006, 10:25 PM
Parenting is a very personal thing. If you have the money, great, spend it. The only point on this that makes me cringe are when people say to keep your kids busy. Somehow cramming everyone’s schedules to the point of suicide is a benefit to your kids. That is not what athletics, music and socially interactive events are all about. And that is not what your kids are looking for. They want to spend time with us as parents. Most of the time, that time is spent driving them to and from these events. If you want to keep them busy fire the dog groomer, car detailer, landscaper and maid and have your kids wash the dog, and the cars. Have them run the vacuum and the dust rag and cut the grass. How many here have taught their kids to cook? To change the oil in the car? To volunteer their time to someone less fortunate? Teach them survival skills for life. The bottom line is they will be spending time with you and not a $150 an hour personal trainer. Sorry……Sermon is over.

bunny 166
04-13-2006, 10:30 PM
No Disrespect ment... Lei and I send our boy to Private school and it cost us MUCH money.. All I was saying is... It just didn't seem right to post this issue on HB.. Because everyone (MOST) don't deal with this (your) situation... Just thinking this subject should be kept closer to home.... Because of all the F#CK's Ideas of how you should do your Business.
DON :)
LOL....If I didn't know better, I think you were kinda sticking up for me.... :boxed: I really just wanted to compare pricing for extra stuff like soccer, baseball, hockey, football,and the like....sheesh, people are quick to jump on parents who invest $ on their kids..... :boxed:

bunny 166
04-13-2006, 10:35 PM
Parenting is a very personal thing. If you have the money, great, spend it. The only point on this that makes me cringe are when people say to keep your kids busy. Somehow cramming everyone’s schedules to the point of suicide is a benefit to your kids. That is not what athletics, music and socially interactive events are all about. And that is not what your kids are looking for. They want to spend time with us as parents. Most of the time, that time is spent driving them to and from these events. If you want to keep them busy fire the dog groomer, car detailer, landscaper and maid and have your kids wash the dog, and the cars. Have them run the vacuum and the dust rag and cut the grass. How many here have taught their kids to cook? To change the oil in the car? To volunteer their time to someone less fortunate? Teach them survival skills for life. The bottom line is they will be spending time with you and not a $150 an hour personal trainer. Sorry……Sermon is over.
I don't think that was a sermon....I agree with alot of it. I don't have a maid, a landscaper, a car detailer or a dog groomer. They do help with household chores(dusting and vacuuming and working in the yard) and are learning life lessons...the schedule for cheer is not as rigorous as other sports, but she is already eating it up with enthusiasm....We spend alot of time together as a family...I don't think you can fairly judge me on that since you don't know me....

lakewake
04-13-2006, 10:48 PM
I don't think that was a sermon....I agree with alot of it. I don't have a maid, a landscaper, a car detailer or a dog groomer. They do help with household chores(dusting and vacuuming and working in the yard) and are learning life lessons...the schedule for cheer is not as rigorous as other sports, but she is already eating it up with enthusiasm....We spend alot of time together as a family...I don't think you can fairly judge me on that since you don't know me....
I was not speaking to your situation. I was commenting on the responses that suggested that busy was our objective as an out come for our kids. I don't know you and was not about to judge you. The great thing about open forums is the diverse economic, political and spiritual clashing that takes place. I enjoy it and celebrate it. The only thing that turns me off is the race bashing that takes the form of patriotism. I hope all is well with your family as is mine. I also hope your daughter does well at her cheer endeavors. I did't realize how many young ladies are injured every year until we had a small rash of them back to back and I saw a short special on it on one of the news shows. Stay well and boat safe.

Roxysnow
04-13-2006, 10:50 PM
Whatever! Post whatever you want to post Bunny!! There are 100+ more dumber threads! Actually it's kind of nice to know how far parents go for there kids!!! :D

bunny 166
04-13-2006, 10:55 PM
I was not speaking to your situation. I was commenting on the responses that suggested that busy was our objective as an out come for our kids. I don't know you and was not about to judge you. The great thing about open forums is the diverse economic, political and spiritual clashing that takes place. I enjoy it and celebrate it. The only thing that turns me off is the race bashing that takes the form of patriotism. I hope all is well with your family as is mine. I also hope your daughter does well at her cheer endeavors. I did't realize how many young ladies are injured every year until we had a small rash of them back to back and I saw a short special on it on one of the news shows. Stay well and boat safe.
10-4! Be safe, too.... ;) ;)

bunny 166
04-13-2006, 10:55 PM
Whatever! Post whatever you want to post Bunny!! There are 100+ more dumber threads! Actually it's kind of nice to know how far parents go for there kids!!! :D
Too far dude...now get over here for UFC already..... :crossx: See you guys Saturday.... :)

Kilrtoy
04-13-2006, 10:59 PM
Too far dude...now get over here for UFC already..... :crossx: See you guys Saturday.... :)
i didnt get my call,
it must have went to some one else

Roxysnow
04-13-2006, 11:01 PM
i didnt get my call,
Are you back in Havasu already?

Wavemaker
04-13-2006, 11:02 PM
That is so nice! Long time no see Wavemaker...Hope you and the Mrs. are great...No plans to hit Burbank High with the team this season, but I'll let you know if we're up that way again.... :boxed: :boxed: :boxed:
All is well and good here. We both have been working many extra hours at our respective jobs. I look forward to boating weekends, if it will just stop raining every weekend! Let us know if you'll be in Burbank area anytime or, out on the boats? It would be good to see you again.
My son's (now in their early 30's) once asked me what I had spend on them as they grew up. I laughed, remembering the surfboards, baseball gloves, baseballs, footballs, soccer balls etc., and thought carefully, before replying "The way the two of you have turned out is priceless." Enough said. They're great sons and besides boating like to get me out to golf when they are in town. (Golf, something they didn't like when growing up, but love it now).
Wavemaker

bunny 166
04-13-2006, 11:03 PM
i didnt get my call,
I talked to you earlier this week silly...you are in Havi this weekend! Now I did get your message about Friday; I'm trying my best to make it work on the 21st, MY BDAY.....I'll let you know ASAP....I know you are doing me a favor anyway...They want YVONNE.... :p

bunny 166
04-13-2006, 11:05 PM
All is well and good here. We both have been working many extra hours at our respective jobs. I look forward to boating weekends, if it will just stop raining every weekend! Let us know if you'll be in Burbank area anytime or, out on the boats? It would be good to see you again.
My son's (now in their early 30's) once asked me what I had spend on them as they grew up. I laughed, remembering the surfboards, baseball gloves, baseballs, footballs, soccer balls etc., and thought carefully, before replying "The way the two of you have turned out is priceless." Enough said. They're great sons and besides boating like to get me out to golf when they are in town. (Golf, something they didn't like when growing up, but love it now).
Wavemaker
Glad to hear all is well and you're enjoying time with your sons now and then....those little things mean so much... :boxed: :boxed:

Dusty Times
04-14-2006, 08:10 AM
I in some way or another insinuated busywhen I stated keeping them involved.
It is something they enjoy. We are there for every practice and event with our kids. At a sport that they earn the right to do by good grades, chores (vacuming, yard work, etc.), and each of them have to help in the office each week (even the young one has to atleast shread files and clean)
Not that I'm an expert father but I don't see any reason to deprive our kids for doing a good job with the rest of their life (education, etc).
By the way we do not have a landscaper (that is myself and my kids), a trainer, or a boat detailer. And myself and my family are involved in more than three different charity or service organizations.
Nothing bad about your views either. Atleast we all do have and interest in raising our kids. It's rare these days when most kids are raised in a daycare or unsupervised on the street instead of by their parents
Now I know why we don't spend as much time at the lake!

pixilatedpussy
04-14-2006, 09:08 AM
RUDE! :yuk:

pixilatedpussy
04-14-2006, 09:09 AM
Well said Jess! :rollside:

pixilatedpussy
04-14-2006, 09:11 AM
You have always done a ton for your boys...they are great athletes. You have taken time to coach and it is worth it in the long run.... :boxed: :boxed: I think it is gonna be great..... :)
Thanks hunny!
GO FOR IT! Mely is smart & gets great grades.........she is a good girl & she can go far in both cheer & academics!!!

pixilatedpussy
04-14-2006, 09:15 AM
I agree....I'd like to keep her busy...7th grade is a big change....Boys are no longer yucky, LOL...Gotta keep that girl working hard... :boxed:
Oh boy..................keep her busy !!!! LMAO! :p ( I have seen some of these boys...they are really cuties too)

Bling Bling
04-14-2006, 05:49 PM
Just one perspective!
Your kidding me right. Do you really think that a child that trains 2.5 hours a day 5 times at least a week in her hobby, is an active girl scout, and gets great marks in school, not on her way of getting how life should go? Oh and she's 11 years old. Heres another tid bit of info for ya Mr. or Mrs. education.
1. I did not finish college. My spelling might suck, but my business I started from scratch is quite sucessfull, and my family and I are financially set.
2. Last job fair IBM had, 80% of the kids chosen had a swimming back ground.
So if that doesn't give ya more of a positive out look on hobbies and education so be it.

HeavyD
04-14-2006, 06:32 PM
I have had good fortune to have both of my son's play at the highest level of Hockey, and let me tell you it is way over the top in costs per year but I am also lucky that we can afford it, luckily sponsors stepped in when some parents found it to expensive. Balance is the key, grades start to drop cut back on the sports, and parents have to decide at what level is acceptable to them, ours was 3.0. But how do you tell a kid who excels at whatever they are interested in at an early age that if they are really good they cant play at or race at the next level because mommy and daddy want a new boat, and if your son/daughter is good enough to progress to the next level as they get older how do you tell them they cant participate because I want to go to the river that weekend.
Balance, luckily sports/races/cheerleading isnt every weekend and maybe while your kids are growing up you might not have that 25ft boat and make do with an 18ft runabout, it really is all about the kids and when your son/daughter hits that home run or makes a three or scores a goal or crosses the line first and you see the smiles on theyre faces then that is a better day than any I have had on the lake ( except for that time at the sand bar wow).
Just one mans opinion and it worked for us.
HeavyD

phebus
04-14-2006, 07:02 PM
Now, after five pages, you think you've made up your mind, and Mel will look at you with those beautifull eyes, and that angelic face, and say "Mommy, can I please go to cheerleading camp?"
You will fold like a cheap lawnchair :)
Good luck ever saying no, if it's even only remotely possible to afford it.
Your doooooomed!! :rollside:

Throttle
04-14-2006, 07:39 PM
Now, after five pages, you think you've made up your mind, and Mel will look at you with those beautifull eyes, and that angelic face, and say "Mommy, can I please go to cheerleading camp?"
You will fold like a cheap lawnchair :)
Good luck ever saying no, if it's even only remotely possible to afford it.
Your doooooomed!! :rollside:
nicole said she wants a new boat, you did not tell her "no" did you? :idea:

phebus
04-14-2006, 08:10 PM
Well then, your son is going to kick your ass, while your daughter does a dance over your bruised and battered body :)

rmarion
04-15-2006, 05:11 PM
3 boys, every sport thats available....
$15-20k on Tournament Ice Hockey.....
Dirt Bikes, trailers, gear equipment....
Priceless!!!!!!!!!!!
2004 bought a roll bar boat, just to keep the kids with us........it worked, now they bring their girlfriends... :)
Boys 18, 20, 21, toys keep getting more expensive............... but worth every $$$$$$

SnoopJonnyJon
04-16-2006, 12:21 AM
Well, I am just a little bit past being a kid (23) and still remember being a kid pretty clearly. I grew up on a farm and was in ZERO after-school groups, sports teams etc. When I was in grade 8 I was into track and field, which was the extent of my athletic pursuits. I didn't have an expensive pair of runners, in fact I competed in my Wrangler jeans and a pair of Justin cowboy boots. At the school division track meet I won 1st in the 100m, 200m, 400m, long jump and set the record in shot put. I was going to play football in grade 9, but the coach complained when I missed practice in September. I told him it was harvest time and I NEEDED to work on the farm. He told me I "needed to get my priorities straight." So I said "You're right coach." And dropped football immediately. That was the end of any organized sport. Instead I just spent time with my dad, which is most of what I'd been doing before anyways.
When I was 8 years old I wanted a motorcycle more than anything, but instead of rushing out and buying one, my dad decided we should build one together. On a rainy day we rigged up my BMX bike with a 1.5hp 2 stroke engine. It was bolted on top of a flat plate with a hinge at the front. That bolted onto the reflector mount on the seat post. The underside of the plate had a roller in pillow block bearings and a v-belt to the motor. The roller ran against the rear tire. To start it, I would push it up a hill, get up some speed and then push my ass down on the motor, pushing it against the rear tire making enough friction to turn the engine over. Engine ran full throttle all the time and I just controlled my speed with the brakes... the steel roller would just slip against tire with brakes applied. It actually worked remarkably well. It cost absolutely nothing, using old trash we had laying around. I rode the wheels off it that summer and the next. It proved that I REALLY did want a motorcycle, it wasn't just something I THOUGHT I would like. Sometimes kids may think they want to do something but then once they actually try it, they really don't like it. So once I'd proven my desire, my parents got me a real bike. A 1986 Honda XL100 bought for $700. That summer and the next I put 10,000 miles on the bike (it had an odometer). I got into trapping vermin, and the neighbors started hiring me to do trapping for them. Got 10 cents for each gopher and $5 for a skunk, badger, or raccoon. Spent my whole summer out in the pastures trapping and riding my bike on the trapline.
In the wintertime my parents took my sister and me to Southern California. I believe we made the trip 11 times. We usually spent February in El Centro, CA. Every saturday night, Dad and I would go to the stock car races at Yuma Speedway. We went to Disneyland a few of the years, but to be honest, I preferred watching an IMCA modified sideways anyday. Loved watching the dune buggies out in the Imperial Dunes too.
By Grade 7, I had outgrown the XL100, so my parents got me a 1985 Honda ATC350X trike for $1650. I rode it a lot, but by that time I was expected to do more farm work so I had a lot less free time. Same year I got my first snowmobile; 1979 Polaris 440 Cutlass SS for $750. It burned a piston, so dad and I got to do a father-son rebuild. He was always there to provide guidance, but made sure I did all the wrenching. For my 15th Bday in grade 8, I got a 1974 Husqvarna CR125 set up for ice racing for $125. That winter we tore the bike apart in the house basement and managed to get it up and running. Nothing was actually broken on the bike, but everything was gummed up with old premix, and everything that could be out-of-adjustment, was out-of-adjustment. I've been riding the bike 8 years now and haven't spent a cent more than the initial $125 on it. Grade 9 I got another snowmobile so that Dad and I could go riding together. Picked up a 1986 Yamaha CF300 Inviter for $1000. Weirdest snowmobile of modern times, really light and super-short track. Slow out in the open, but NOTHING could touch me when bombing around trees in the yard. Turned on a dime. By grade 10 I was wanting a vehicle, so Dad and I fixed up a 1969 International Scout. Put maybe $1000 in parts, and spent a lot of time working on it and scouring wrecking yards. The next year I really wanted a little more modern vehicle, and bought a 1987 Trans Am GTA for $9000. I'm not going to pretend I was an angel and always drove it like I should have, but when something broke, I was going to be the one under the car with bloody knuckles. It didn't take too long before I was willing to pass-up on peeling-out for the girls. Didn't really feel like changing another transmission mount. Those cars (3rd and 4th gen f-bodies) have that torque link which connects the axle to the transmission. Its supposed to force the tires down increasing traction, but every force has an equal reaction and it lifts up on the transmission. A set of sticky tires, fresh pavement and a healthy engine and that mount rips right off. Happened twice before I realized what was causing it. Not an expensive fix, but very annoying.
Grade 11 Dad bought a 1976 El Camino for $1000, and we've sunk maybe $3000-4000 into parts since. We got a great deal on machining from a friend and built the 408 small block ourselves. Spent a lot of time together working on the car. Grade 12 I got a 1992 Ford Ranger for $5500 since the school bus decided our farm was too far from town and refused to continue picking me up.
First year university dad bought me a 1978 Suzuki DR370 for $500 as a present. Also bought me a gas powered R/C plane kit to build in my spare time while going to university. Cost around $1000, all said and done.
Second year university I bought myself a 1993 ZX6 Ninja for $3100. Third year I bought my father a 1967 BSA 441 Victor Roadster for $1700 (screaming bargain). I am including these since I bought these with money that really goes back to my family. I've been working summers on the farm since starting university. Dad needed the help, and a hired man would cost more than I would get as a summer student, so I always just farmed. Although I earned the money working 80 hours a week, it was still coming from Dad's pocket. And of course there is the university, which adds up to about $100,000. :220v: They put me through with no student loans at all.
So thats where I sit. Never really played any sports. Tinkered around with old motorcycles most of my childhood, eventually with old cars. I spent hours dreaming of having a new KTM 380 EXC while riding a $125 Husqvarna. Looking back on it though, not sure if I would have actually had a better experience with a new bike. I think it was actually good to want something that you never get. Makes it more fulfilling when you do get something you've dreamed of for years (my GTA :) ) I've never wished I'd ridden bikes competitively or had played ball or hockey. I was very happy to stay home and spent time working with my dad. And it definately kept me out of trouble. Never drank alcohol or tried any drug, ever. I'm not saying that people shouldn't put kids into sports... might work out real well for them , but you don't HAVE TO. I LOVED my childhood. Up until high school I was a pretty cheap kid to please. I started to get expensive by the end of high school and into university, but by then I was contributing by doing as much work as my dad on the farm. And the best part of it is that I still have ALL of my toys from growing up, and (in aggregate) they are worth more than what dad paid for them.
And maybe it does help to have extra curricular to get into university, but you can get in without too. I had a 97% average in grade 12 (which did help I am sure :cool: ), but had zero extra curricular. Had about $5000 in scholarships the first year. Since then I've been suckling of the parents completely. But it's almost over. Last weekend I got my Iron Ring, and on April 24th I will have written my last exam ever. May 1st I start my job as a Design Engineer for Case New Holland. I'll be doing work on seeding equipment and combine headers. Won't be long until I can start sending money back to the farm :rolleyes: .

PHX ATC
04-16-2006, 09:33 AM
Pat yourself on the back.

Dusty Times
04-16-2006, 10:17 AM
wow!!!!!!!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
04-16-2006, 03:10 PM
About $1000/year per kid for karate 3-5 days a week. That's all I have time for. I like Her454's idea of having her help pay for it. She'll be more likely to stick with it if she has a hand in paying for it. Not that I'm implying that she won't stick with it, but you never know.

SnoopJonnyJon
04-16-2006, 08:45 PM
About $1000/year per kid for karate 3-5 days a week. That's all I have time for. I like Her454's idea of having her help pay for it. She'll be more likely to stick with it if she has a hand in paying for it. Not that I'm implying that she won't stick with it, but you never know.
For sure, I think kids need to contribute and demonstrate that they really do want it.