PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here work out...

ratso
10-12-2004, 05:56 PM
of their home???
Gotcha :D
What are the pros and cons of it for you?
I have an apartment at my business that I live in while I am in between having houses built. It's nice to walk out the door and be at work, no commuting and also get to sleep later. :D The downside is there are always people wanting to drop by because they think since you do work out of your home then you are open for business 24/7... :mad:

dean51267
10-12-2004, 06:04 PM
Very, very few people can do it, but some can.
I have almost never seen it work well on a long term basis

Mrs. casean
10-12-2004, 06:49 PM
I work for my boss & his wife out of their home... I love it... they have me there as off. manager doing payroll, phones, taxes, paperwork, etc... so that they can get out of the house and have a life... they love it... depends on the type of co. too I think.

Mandelon
10-12-2004, 06:57 PM
of their home???
What are the pros and cons of it for you?
I have an apartment at my business that I live in while I am in between having houses built. It's nice to walk out the door and be at work, no commuting and also get to sleep later. :D The downside is there are always people wanting to drop by because they think since you do work out of your home then you are open for business 24/7... :mad:
Dude! I need an eightball and a two dimes......hello? Are you in there...? :supp:

Mrs. casean
10-12-2004, 07:00 PM
i don't work i'm A BUM :)
I want that job!

FMluvswater
10-12-2004, 07:05 PM
of their home???
Totally ... thought you were spoofing on one of the funniest threads ever on the Sandbar! No stools in here! :D http://www.***boat.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif

lewiville
10-12-2004, 07:21 PM
work out of the home, your home, there home, the truck , the golf course, there golf course, the bar,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and of course the corp. office.

Mrs. casean
10-12-2004, 07:25 PM
work out of the home, your home, there home, the truck , the golf course, there golf course, the bar,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and of course the corp. office.
busy busy... whatever you gotta do to make the deals eh

Kim Hanson
10-12-2004, 07:26 PM
I work out at home all the time, my fingers are huge........( . )( . )...........If I only knew key-boards would do that along time ago, I would have been on the net sooner. :p

Mrs. casean
10-12-2004, 07:30 PM
If I could... I'd work out of my home... being a housewife... homemaker... whtaever political title that is... why am I going to college again??? :D I'd much rather be cooking and taking care of my kids (when ever they come along) and greeting my husband when he comes home... I can dream can't I?? :D

C-2
10-12-2004, 07:42 PM
Upside - your work is always right there.
Downside - your work is always right there. When there's money to be made, you kinda feel guilty if you watch tv, check out HB or otherwise try to relax.
Remember, it's a telephone so any noise is amplified. Meaning, the neighbor doing yard work, the tv in the living room, kids crying - noise you take for granted could be heard by clients. Not a good thing although many businesses don't give a hoot so long as you do a good job.
Back to work..... :rolleyes:

Mrs. casean
10-12-2004, 07:44 PM
Upside - your work is always right there.
Downside - your work is always right there. When there's money to be made, you kinda feel guilty if you watch tv, check out HB or otherwise try to relax.
Remember, it's a telephone so any noise is amplified. Meaning, the neighbor doing yard work, the tv in the living room, kids crying - noise you take for granted could be heard by clients. Not a good thing although many businesses don't give a hoot so long as you do a good job.
Back to work..... :rolleyes:
Very True! When the boss's grandkids come over... o-my! I am worried to answer the phone sometimes... worried what the customers would think!

572Daytona
10-12-2004, 07:48 PM
I telecommute from home full time for my job. For the most part it is great, the downside is that you do never really get away from your work. It is always right there when I sit at my desk reminding me of what I still need to get done.

switchin'addiction
10-13-2004, 12:40 PM
I try to mix it up a little. I keep a small office rented for client meetings, etc...but I work from home also. I started getting a little thick around the mid-section working from home to much. Need a break.....well well theres the fridge' with the cold beer, and the bag of Doritos close by.