PDA

View Full Version : Dell 's tech support sucks

phebus
10-15-2004, 02:06 PM
I have been having isssues with my new Dell computer, so today I called tech support. After being on hold for an ungodly amount of time, I finally got through to a tech support person. Well, I couldn't really understand the Indiaglish she was talking, and after approx 1 1/2 hours on the phone, nothing was solved!! Their tech support is nothing but a joke!! I am going to break down, and just have my 16yo fix it. Dell's tech support sucks!!!

Bre
10-15-2004, 02:07 PM
I have been having isssues with my new Dell computer, so today I called tech support. After being on hold for an ungodly amount of time, I finally got through to a tech support person. Well, I couldn't really understand the Indiaglish she was talking, and after approx 1 1/2 hours on the phone, nothing was solved!! Their tech support is nothing but a joke!! I am going to break down, and just have my 16yo fix it. Dell's tech support sucks!!!
Sorry... I had that problem before with Compaq :hammerhea

Slib77
10-15-2004, 02:12 PM
That sucks.
I used to have that problem. I bought myself a fully loaded Sony notebook and coulod not be happier. It replaced my desktop 10 fold. I had to use Sony tech support twice. They are awesome. You get right on with tech support and they speak perfect english. None of this press one for this, three for that $hit.

HCS
10-15-2004, 02:12 PM
I really like my Dell computer. But your right, their tech support totally sucks.
I have SBC and use their tech support. There way better.
Also I have an inhouse computer geek at my work. He knows how to do
freeking everything from cleaning out virus's to programing.
That's your best bet is to find a know it all buddy.

JustMVG
10-15-2004, 02:17 PM
I had an issue with my Dell and after awhile on the phone we got it fixed but it was a pain to sit and wait, and SBC's tech folks are on top of everything, had a problem w the wireless network and they had me back up and running in a half hour.
MikeVG

HCS
10-15-2004, 02:17 PM
Another thing. Don't waste your time with Dell support.
I learned the hard way like you. I was on the phone with them for six hours
one time and acomplished nothing.
I called SBC and they walked me through my problems the first time.

100mbs
10-15-2004, 03:42 PM
I work in Information Technology and have been using DELL PC's for years in all the companies I have worked at.
Ever since DELL moved their Tech Support department over to India, they have Sucked!!!!! Before that they ROCKED!!!!

Parker Dreamin
10-15-2004, 03:47 PM
same problems... they dont know what they are doing, they just read out of a book...and hope that you understand them. Such bullshit !!!!!! oh, and one time they shipped me the wrong ink and that was a whole different story... .they are a big cluster fu%&

Bense468
10-15-2004, 03:49 PM
I work in Information Technology and have been using DELL PC's for years in all the companies I have worked at.
Ever since DELL moved their Tech Support department over to India, they have Sucked!!!!! Before that they ROCKED!!!!
Same here...Dell used to be one of the best when it came down to Customer Service. I have a dell rep and use him for all my purchases with fat hookups. I don't use their tech support much..when I do I just call my rep and he gets someone to come out either that day or next day.

Second "PLACE"
10-15-2004, 04:00 PM
Great....first they took our 7 11 stores, NOW Dell tech support. :frown:

ChumpChange
10-15-2004, 04:03 PM
That's why I don't use Computers.

Some Kind Of Monster
10-15-2004, 04:15 PM
I have to deal with these people all day long. Let me tell you, the only way to go is with a custom build machine. Better warranty, better service, better price, better parts...

CJ
10-15-2004, 04:34 PM
SBC is using indian help as well now. I had my DSL down for a day and a half and they would go through a half an hour of PC steps before saying, "I see here there is a problem in your area." How the hell do they know my area when they have never stepped foot out of their country. Andy why are their names always Betty and John? If there name is Pangtorn or something then out with it.
Dell has been a hell of a lot better for me. Never had a problem!

100mbs
10-15-2004, 05:06 PM
Same here...Dell used to be one of the best when it came down to Customer Service. I have a dell rep and use him for all my purchases with fat hookups. I don't use their tech support much..when I do I just call my rep and he gets someone to come out either that day or next day.
Yeah that is what i have to do as well. But i let my interns and heldesk people try to call their tech support. There new to the industry so I get a good laugh ever once in a while. I like to watch them squirm a little while on the phone.

voodoomedman
10-15-2004, 05:30 PM
I really like my Dell computer. But your right, their tech support totally sucks.
I have SBC and use their tech support. There way better.
Also I have an inhouse computer geek at my work. He knows how to do
freeking everything from cleaning out virus's to programing.
That's your best bet is to find a know it all buddy.
As a computer technician I am begging you to not bother any buddies for tech support unless they are just computer nerds that live for this stuff. Guys like me who are computer smart but do it 8-5 to pay the bills do not want to do it after 5 or before 8. That is ***boat time, beer time, family time, wife time etc. not computer time.

HammerDown
10-15-2004, 05:39 PM
Great....first they took our 7 11 stores, NOW Dell tech support. :frown:
Not to mention our mini-mart gas stations....and whats with that smell anyhow? :notam:

FMluvswater
10-15-2004, 06:21 PM
Not to mention our mini-mart gas stations....and whats with that smell anyhow? :notam:
:idea: curry? rumor has it curry is not ass friendly :notam:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v56/FMluvswaterbabe/HDforever.gif
Dell sounds like a truly raw deal. Sorry to hear so many troubles. :( Tech support I call on for my AMD Athlon is good. Small business. Only things I don't like is they don't have a voice mail system and it isn't 24 hour service. When my puter breaks at 330 in the morning I want to be able to call someone and at least say hey get back to me my puter's busted. Now I think of it one of the employees there has a heavy accent and I say "what?" and "pardon" a lot when I get him on the phone but the other guy's (the one who actually does the work and picks up and drops off my puter) English is very clear. :) ) My internet provider (Shaw cable) has also given me helpful 24 hour tech support in intelligible English when I've needed it. :) :clover: me.

NorCal Gameshow
10-15-2004, 06:27 PM
i spent 1/2 hour with sbc trying to find out why i can't get the properties option when i right click on pictures... :mad: she was reading the same troubleshooting index that i did before i called :rolleyes: she gave up and said she would send me a disc...that was over a month ago...i still haven't received it yet...
i'm building my own computer so i can call myself when i have a problem :D

Some Kind Of Monster
10-15-2004, 07:01 PM
As a computer technician I am begging you to not bother any buddies for tech support unless they are just computer nerds that live for this stuff. Guys like me who are computer smart but do it 8-5 to pay the bills do not want to do it after 5 or before 8. That is ***boat time, beer time, family time, wife time etc. not computer time.
Took the words right out of my mouth. I'll always make time to help someone out though. I usually get thanks in ten fold. ;)

hoolign
10-15-2004, 07:19 PM
sorry to laugh at you...but I just went through this...YESTERDAY..I went to fire up the del to e-mail my reports in and it would'nt fire up, I finally got through went through all of and just short of completely disassembling this thing with the clarity of Apu the drunken 7-11 clerk mumbling instructions, to only find out I had return to depot warrenty, which would take 5-7 buisness days, I had to upgrade my warrenty to onsite, for 299 bucks, the dude was here today at noon to install a new mother board and cpu, the tech that came over said that dells tech line is in India...and the company he works for hates doing dell calls, because of the lack of assistance from dell,
sorry bout your luck....and mine
:jawdrop: :D

voodoomedman
10-15-2004, 07:54 PM
Took the words right out of my mouth. I'll always make time to help someone out though. I usually get thanks in ten fold. ;)
You must be one of the nerds then...
Just kidding. I always help too but I hate it. When I am at work I have all the "tools I need". Working on someones personal computer I can get some stuff but I don't have everything. It's just way too frustrating.

EXTRMBT
10-15-2004, 08:43 PM
All I can say is emachines :rollside: , tech support is USofA based. Had one tech problem and it was solved in minutes. Nothing less than professional with emachines. We have DELL's in the office :yuk: . Wait till you have to buy parts for that DELL, Asia based and it is worse than the :yuk: :yuk: tech support.
just my $.02

switchin'addiction
10-15-2004, 09:53 PM
Sorry to hear about that. I almost bought a dell when I bought my new laptop this year, but I heard horror stories about their tech support. I guess the rumors were right. Good luck.
I am not trying to hijack your thread here, but a couple of guys mentioned dsl trouble with sbc. I've had the same problems in the past & had a tech guru tell me that 9 times out of 10 to fix a dsl problem (if you have the speedstream modem) if you will shutdown your computer, and disconnect the power to the modem & wait at least 2 minutes the modem will reset. This clears up the majority of problems. Just thought I would mention this for those who weren't aware!

Some Kind Of Monster
10-15-2004, 11:18 PM
All I can say is emachines
You are kidding right? You must be one of the lucky ones because I get more e-machines in my shop than any other computer. There is a reason why they were less expensive than comparable computers. I'm not kidding here, ask around.

Cheap Thrills
10-16-2004, 01:13 AM
I agree DELL Customer support SUCKS !
a friend of mine bought a Inspiron (SP?) laptop off E bay and the former owner had passworded the bios !
Now on a desktop its easy to remedy , but on a laptop esp a newer Dell FUGheeedaboudit . after several hours on hold and umteen habieb , jesus arachmehabs later :argue: we discovered that they didn't know how to clear it either even with all the correct info from the former owner. fortunately we were able to contact the seller and he remembered the password. :rolleyes:
I told him he should have bought a Clevo .
sorry about your experience with Dell it seems to be par for the course .
C.T. :wink:

EXTRMBT
10-16-2004, 09:01 AM
You are kidding right? You must be one of the lucky ones because I get more e-machines in my shop than any other computer. There is a reason why they were less expensive than comparable computers. I'm not kidding here, ask around.
:)
I'm not kidding :wink: , just a lucky one.I have heard stories on emachines though. I have had two and have had no problems. I guess the moral of this thread is that computers are like cars even the best have problems :(

HammerDown
10-16-2004, 11:15 AM
Seriously...spent 6 solid hours one time with Dell Tech. :burningm:
And yes they were from over there!
I bitched sooooo much one time I finally got a direct line to an American from Texas. ;)