PDA

View Full Version : Firefox instead of Internet explorer

6 Dollar Boat
10-15-2004, 06:36 PM
Does anyone here use Firefox as a web browser. A computer guy was working on this computer and says it doesn't get all the junk that IE gets.

CrazyHippy
10-15-2004, 06:37 PM
I do.. it never (well very very seldom) gets pop ups, and took less than a week to get used to.
Highly recomended
BJH :cool:

Kachina26
10-15-2004, 06:38 PM
That's a fact Jack!!!! I don't use IE anymore, and I don't have the problems I used to. The download is free and it imports your old favorites. Many of the same shortcuts too.

FMluvswater
10-15-2004, 06:38 PM
I was skeptical about using Firefox and now I despise Internet Explorer! :yuk: Your puter guy is well informed and quite correct. Firefox is awesome! :cool:

Kim Hanson
10-15-2004, 07:54 PM
Lets see alink and I will check it out, please! :idea: .....( . )( . )....... :D

Kachina26
10-15-2004, 07:56 PM
click here (http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/)

FMluvswater
10-15-2004, 07:56 PM
Lets see alink and I will check it out, please! :idea: .....( . )( . )....... :D
http://www.tucows.com/preview/324545.html

dmontzsta
10-15-2004, 08:23 PM
My buddy who is hands down the internet master, I am not just saying that but he can do anything from computers, networking, design, etc... SWEARS BY FIREFOX.

bigq
10-15-2004, 10:04 PM
been using for a while and before the latest I was using Mozilla. Only thing it doesnt do good is Active X controls, but then again that is where the hacking is easier.
Highly recommend just like the others.

switchin'addiction
10-15-2004, 10:05 PM
I've never heard of firefox before, but it looks good. Thanks for the info, I'm downloading right now & i'm gonna give it a shot!

sintax
10-15-2004, 10:09 PM
fire fox is the way of the future thats for sure. I used to use some of Mozilla's earlier versions but this is by far the best. Its all about the Alt+t for new tabs. Also being able to right click on a banner add and say "block" and it blocks pics for that hostname.
-Scott

NorCal Gameshow
10-15-2004, 11:12 PM
6$boat...great sig..
i've got to find that song...

6 Dollar Boat
10-15-2004, 11:18 PM
6$boat...great sig..
i've got to find that song...
Suicidal Tendencies --- Institutionalized :rollside:

NorCal Gameshow
10-15-2004, 11:30 PM
Suicidal Tendencies --- Institutionalized :rollside:
great song...haven't heard it in a long time

ROZ
10-15-2004, 11:31 PM
It's the bomb diggity! I've been using it for almost a year without so much as a hickup :)

ROZ
10-15-2004, 11:32 PM
6dolla, Your avitar is making me reaaaaaallly hungry... Thanks :notam:

6 Dollar Boat
10-15-2004, 11:41 PM
It's the bomb diggity! I've been using it for almost a year without so much as a hickup :)
I just downloaded it, seems to be working great. Even faster than IE with my cable connection...
Thanks again Roz... :D

NorCal Gameshow
10-15-2004, 11:48 PM
gonna have to check it out...
how 'bout that license agreement?

ROZ
10-15-2004, 11:51 PM
gonna have to check it out...
is it compatible with a crappy computer? :D
Yep, I'm living proof :D

Evo22
10-16-2004, 12:22 AM
ive been using it for about a year and no f'n pop-ups :messedup: just started using thunderbird for my mail too

NorCal Gameshow
10-16-2004, 12:27 AM
Yep, I'm living proof :D
downloaded, up and running in about 5 minutes...got my "right click" on picture properties back :rollside:

RiverToysJas
10-16-2004, 05:53 AM
I switched for about 10 minutes, just now. Runs slower than IE. Hot Boat's main page crashed it. Some of the right click in menus aren't as good, can't rename files that way etc... Explorer is always running in the background of system though, that maybe some of the issue of it being slower, I'm not sure. I don't have serious pop-up issues. McAfee takes good care of my system. I am also running Windows ME, which many people seem to skipped when it comes to hacking software. OR I'm just lucky. ;)
I'll try it some more later, but for now I'm not that impressed.
RTJas :D

NorCal Gameshow
10-16-2004, 05:59 AM
I switched for about 10 minutes, just now. Runs slower than IE. Hot Boat's main page crashed it. Some of the right click in menus aren't as good, can't rename files that way etc... Explorer is always running in the background of system though, that maybe some of the issue of it being slower, I'm not sure. I don't have serious pop-up issues. McAfee takes good care of my system. I am also running Windows ME, which many people seem to skipped when it comes to hacking software. OR I'm just lucky. ;)
to get here through firefox i had to use the search and link off of that . it would lock up if i used the address bar directly.

Sleek-Jet
10-16-2004, 06:40 AM
I'm curious how other ME users have faired running firefox.

RiverToysJas
10-16-2004, 06:46 AM
I'm curious how other ME users have faired running firefox.
I'll report if I have better luck with it as time goes on. I'm back on IE right now.
Before this thread though, I thought FireFox was just a bar in Anaheim Hills where old divorsed chicks pick-up young horny guys!!! ;) :D

Sleek-Jet
10-16-2004, 06:51 AM
I'll report if I have better luck with it as time goes on. I'm back on IE right now.
Before this thread though, I thought FireFox was just a bar in Anaheim Hills where old divorsed chicks pick-up young horny guys!!! ;) :D
LMAO, me too. :D
I was reading about it on the websites given, and it sound's like the best thing since thong's. But since I still run the "awfull" and now ancient Windows ME, I was interested in how firefox worked with it.

Tom Brown
10-16-2004, 06:59 AM
A guy I know invented the microchip, was on the DARPA team that created the Internet, and has Michael Dell in his cell phone speed dial... and he swears by FireFox also.

RiverToysJas
10-16-2004, 07:01 AM
A guy I know invented the microchip, was on the DARPA team that created the Internet, and has Michael Dell in his cell phone speed dial... and he swears by FireFox also.
You know AL GORE??? :idea:

ahhell
10-16-2004, 07:34 AM
You know AL GORE??? :idea:
:D :D :D :hammer2:

AZKC
10-16-2004, 07:45 AM
Awsome! RTJas :cool:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/51buffettstyle.jpg

bigq
10-16-2004, 08:00 AM
Explorer is the windows explorer running in the background. Internet explorer is will process as IExplorer. FireFox and Mozilla do need a little more attention, but the open community provides some good plugins and some not so good.
I ran Windows ME once......Once... :D
I felt we should have cut off Bills right hand for the distribution of that OS. :angry2:

RiverToysJas
10-16-2004, 08:03 AM
I ran Windows ME once......Once... :D
I felt we should have cut off Bills right hand for the distribution of that OS. :angry2:
Well as long as photoshop works, and I can surf with google, I'm good. ;)

6 Dollar Boat
10-16-2004, 08:05 AM
RTJas, I aslo am having problems going to ***boat.com.(the homepage). But it gets me to the forums through my bookmarks. Then I just dragged and dropped the forums page to the little house and BAM it's my homepage...good luck.

bigq
10-16-2004, 08:29 AM
The ***boat homepage with the gauges runs off macromedia flash. You can try downloading the latest flash and install it for FireFox. I had that same problem several times with Mozilla.

6 Dollar Boat
10-16-2004, 08:32 AM
The ***boat homepage with the gauges runs off macromedia flash. You can try downloading the latest flash and install it for FireFox. I had that same problem several times with Mozilla.
I just did that at MLB.com. Now everything is AOK....
:D

Garrddogg
10-16-2004, 08:59 AM
I just did that at MLB.com. Now everything is AOK....
:D
Me too it's working now!!
it seems pretty quick too :D :chi:

Raisin Wake
10-16-2004, 09:10 AM
Just installed it. Looks great! Plus, it still has the Ctrl + Enter command for entering web sited in to the address bar.