PDA

View Full Version : Concrete Sealer..??..

al cole'holic
04-13-2006, 05:46 PM
...around the pool?? What have you used..??..I was looking to do a high luster but a little nervous around the pool.. :)

NorCal Gameshow
04-13-2006, 05:55 PM
...around the pool?? What have you used..??..I was looking to do a high luster but a little nervous around the pool.. :)
what if you put some sand in the clear ?

al cole'holic
04-13-2006, 05:57 PM
..I think they do sell some stuff like that but looking for someone who has done it...I would think your feet could get a bit raw..??..

ovrkll77
04-13-2006, 07:23 PM
I just finished a 2 pools and used high gloss sealer on both. They are both stamped concrete with color. I could get you some info on the product in a few days.

HefeRaton
04-13-2006, 07:24 PM
..I think they do sell some stuff like that but looking for someone who has done it...I would think your feet could get a bit raw..??..
They sell a product called shark grip or rhino grip that you can add to the sealer. It's fine like a baking soda, but it works pretty good. Wherever you buy your sealer they should carry it.

raisinL
04-13-2006, 07:36 PM
There's also a product called anti skid. We use it in all sealers around pools. Product mixes right in the sealer before application. Hope this helps :)

moneypit
04-13-2006, 08:57 PM
This is stuff you want. I have used it on both my houses. They carry it at Simi Masonery Supply down LA Ave Near True Value
http://www.whitecapdirect.com/store/worker?command=prodsearch&command=prdcompsrch&destination=%2Fstore%2Fproduct.jsp&text=327WL20005G&searchby=productid&method=exact

Woodster
04-13-2006, 10:23 PM
This is stuff you want. I have used it on both my houses. They carry it at Simi Masonery Supply down LA Ave Near True Value
http://www.whitecapdirect.com/store/worker?command=prodsearch&command=prdcompsrch&destination=%2Fstore%2Fproduct.jsp&text=327WL20005G&searchby=productid&method=exact
I highly recommend this stuff! We do alot of decorative concrete coatings around pools and use this stuff alot..They also sell a nonskid material that you can broadcast over the wet sealer. Its a silica glass material that works good.

ROZ
04-13-2006, 10:31 PM
That's what Nashvillebound suggested, so I did it... I didn't use too much though... It works well.. no accidents yet... People are normally fairly careful around our pool, especially if they want to be invited back... Keep in mind that reguardless what product is used, standing water on any surface will cause a slippery situation...

ROZ
04-13-2006, 10:36 PM
Its a silica glass material that works good. you mean sand :D

Woodster
04-13-2006, 10:41 PM
you mean sand :D
Ya thats what I meant :)

ROZ
04-13-2006, 10:54 PM
Got that pool done yet?

Woodster
04-13-2006, 11:01 PM
Got that pool done yet?
Its getting there..The concrete guy effed up the acid wash and its a little ruff. i think im gonna polish it out a little bit and seal it and call it good. The elec should be done this weekend and I think next week I should get my final. I tell ya, dont ever try and stick to a "budget" Im like 15k over it :yuk: Where really looking forward to this summer though :)

ROZ
04-13-2006, 11:10 PM
Too bad abou the concrete guy makin a mistake..
Budget? Bwaahahaha :D
Looking foward to summer over here too... Don't know what's in store, but the pool water is 71 degrees at this very moment :cool:

al cole'holic
04-14-2006, 07:36 AM
...I will check this out and some shiat to broadcast, thanks for the skinfo fella's! :) How much will 5 gallons cover :220v:
So much for this weekend :(

Dino
04-14-2006, 07:48 AM
The sealer listed is good. I have seen some people go with the cheaper stuff and it didnt last more than a few months.

2Driver
04-14-2006, 08:27 AM
The sealer listed is good. I have seen some people go with the cheaper stuff and it didnt last more than a few months.
Cheap seal on concrete around pool can be slippery :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/3347p-seal-at-toronto-zoo.jpg

Partycattin
04-14-2006, 09:03 AM
I used concrete sealer without any anti slip, shiat is slippery when when. It does keep the kids from running around the pool though. Fall once and they learn. Fortunatly, no injuries to date. I'll be added the non slip when I reapply the sealer this summer.
I used sealer from Techstone in Simi. Seemed to work well, but very pricey.

al cole'holic
07-16-2006, 12:02 PM
...still haven't done my concrete, and don't think I will...I have heard too many horror stories and a buddy of mine completely regrets doing it, he even used a 60 grit sand which made it look crappy and still didn't stop the slipage :frown: He did say though with shoes on its better but who wants to wear shoes or aquafags around the pool..

rude235
07-16-2006, 12:57 PM
there are some products you use around a pool that will help with traction. the problem with silica sand is it can sink to the bottom of the sealed application and screw with the bond. the other issue with using high gloss around the pool is it will make it hotter. i always recommend a kool deck/spray deck application around the pool then use the decorative concrete ideas around the kool deck (starting several feet away from the edge of the pool). if you want to seal the kool deck around the pool to make it last longer, use a satin finish or low gloss sealer.