PDA

View Full Version : Mouth of Havi to river entrance.Seasonal??

4day!!
10-18-2004, 12:01 PM
How does the depth from havasu to the river fluctuate during the year? When does it start to get dicey? During the summer months I always get up on plane about 35-40 and just go for it. How is it right now? Is there a resource, website or anything to watch?

Havasu_Dreamin
10-18-2004, 12:01 PM
It is typically down in the winter.

Essex502
10-18-2004, 12:04 PM
How does the depth from havasu to the river fluctuate during the year? When does it start to get dicey? During the summer months I always get up on plane about 35-40 and just go for it. How is it right now? Is there a resource, website or anything to watch?
There's a site that gives daily - even hourly water level reports...see This (http://www.usbr.gov/lc/region/g4000/hourly/hourly.html)

4day!!
10-18-2004, 12:10 PM
There's a site that gives daily - even hourly water level reports...see This (http://www.usbr.gov/lc/region/g4000/hourly/hourly.html)
Thanks Essex.. What table do I need to look at? Is it the Davis Damn and Havasu numbers and what number is consider low or sketchy?? Is it still ok for the next couple of weeks?

RiverOtter
10-18-2004, 12:12 PM
I always say:
When in doubt ... trim it out!!!!! :D

Kachina26
10-18-2004, 12:46 PM
I made it up in February with water levels WAAAAY down in my 26' , however I do not recommend it. :D

dicudmore
10-18-2004, 01:30 PM
how low does it actually get up there?
Is it always safe passing or do I have to pick my spot carefully??
Only been up there a few times, tend to head more towards the springs or lake Mead...

Stealth Marine
10-18-2004, 02:01 PM
how low does it actually get up there?
Is it always safe passing or do I have to pick my spot carefully??
Only been up there a few times, tend to head more towards the springs or lake Mead...
There have been times when it gets so low I have not been able to pull my jetski through the shallows.
There is always someplace where the river flows deeper.
But sometimes it can be a real challange to locate the "channel"..

stix818
10-18-2004, 02:12 PM
Usually they don't allow the water output go below 4000 because our river pumps start to cavitate if it gets to low.

montyawards
10-18-2004, 02:27 PM
You know I've never seen it real bad at Havasu delta even on the weekdays. But I haven't been there past November. And no sooner than March. But I was in Parker yesterday and the water was as low as I have ever seen it at about 11 o'clock. I deceided to float down by the rock island pass big bend. My depth finder was reading 4' So if anyone was ever worried about that section of the river, it's not so bad. But than again theres no Guarantees.

RiverOtter
10-18-2004, 03:17 PM
Usually they don't allow the water output go below 4000 because our river pumps start to cavitate if it gets to low.
Sounds like they need to change those from Propellers to Jet Drive. Ya know, no cavitation. :D