PDA

View Full Version : Questions about texas

HandsOn
10-18-2004, 02:34 PM
We are looking at possibly vacationing in Galveston Island Texas. Anyone ever lived in Texas, or been in that area? Curious about weather conditions, climate, ocean, ect.

topless
10-18-2004, 02:37 PM
We are looking at possibly vacationing in Galveston Island Texas. Anyone ever lived in Texas, or been in that area? Curious about weather conditions, climate, ocean, ect.
Galveston is beautiful. Many historic homes there. In the winter it is cold and muggy. In the summer it is hot and humid. Take your pick. Also watch out for the flying cockroaches.

bigd1
10-18-2004, 02:56 PM
I'm in Dallas... Look at the next 10 days. This is why I love Texas!
http://www.weather.com/activities/other/other/weather/tenday.html?locid=75244

Mardonzi
10-18-2004, 04:07 PM
If you are going to be doing some boating,, head north along the coast till you come to Kemah,, check that out as well as Seabrook,, great boat in bar called the Seabrook Beach Club!!

CAHotRodBoy
10-18-2004, 06:05 PM
I really liked Galveston. There is the old section with historic homes and then there are areas with new homes. There is also a section where you can drive on the beach. I was there the week after Mardi gra which they celebrate like New Orleans. There were still a lot of decorations up and people were still partying.
The water is kind of crappy because they get the Mississippi River dumping out into the ocean and it flows that way.
I never knew it was an island until I went there, all I ever knew about Galveston was the Glen Camble song and I always thought it was in west Texas.